• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
It's my 21st today... who's coming to the bars with us on friday night? You'll get to see Drunk Arty! Also you'll see drunk Tom but according to you guys I pass out after one beer so maybe not after all.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I wish I was 21 - I want to see drunk Arty!! LOL.

And happy birthday, bro!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You guys should consider going OoS to MI in June (think it's the 16th) I think it's gonna draw more OoS this time around since the last one was pretty good

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So I'm announcing it here, I'm starting work on a multi-character combo video. It will be two videos, one made the original way I intended it (SUPER weaboo), and one for the general public.

It's basically the same video with different music.

Hype? Probably not.

Scythe

Smash Master
not close at all but kain had pretty much ran out of gas and motivation at that point.

Not sure if this was ever asked, but what does Illinois prefer regarding the MK situation? Thinking of deviating from the unity ruleset next fall a bit to fit our own regional preferences.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I know this is a little late, but I'd be up for going to MI for that tournament!!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Great stuff Kain this past weekend!

Hope to see you all soon! ^_^

For anyone going to Anime Central in a few weeks, I'll be in charge of running the Brawl tournament in the Game Room.

I am working on the rules at this moment and will submit them to the Game Director by tomorrow.

I would love to do Double Elim bracket for the entire event, but it just is not possible at the convention.

I will do my best to get it down to Top 16 or 32 and run Double Elim from there.

The Brawl tourney is for Friday at the Convention, so hopefully the Director gives me some leeway to run the event like I want, and not like the other "Special Brawl" events they normally run.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Awesome man. Try to run it with the unity ruleset. If you do, then I'll probably try to actually make it to ACEN.

:phone:

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yeah I am looking at the Unity Rules set right now. So, I will see how I will incorporate that, I know I will for sure when it comes to the final 16 in the Double Elim bracket.

It should be at least better run than the previous Brawl tourneys in the years at ACen. lol

Scythe

Smash Master
such a bad idea, people are just there to have fun. Dont go banning anything, would only make people not want to play.

Akashi

Smash Lord
i'm not joining the tourney (never do bc it's not the reason why i go to acen), but i agree on not banning him. You're going to get the casuals who won't understand/will refuse to, and tbh it'll cause more confusion than anything. You should character lock tho, so Tom's Ganon can get bodied by NarutoxSakurai's D3 lol <3

Edit: does acen still keep your license like they did in the past? That rule's so dumb, and they should only take your badge. Also, I'll be in the game room a lot, so I'll see you guys there!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Thanks for the input. Still working on the Rules. Mainly because I am trying to figure out if I should cap the tournament at a certain limit or let it go to 128 and do free for alls until it gets to a lower number that can be manageable.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Do 128 with FFA's if you can. You don't want to exclude the casuals, and seeing a hardcore ruleset and a smaller cap on entrants will definitely put off some people. Really, FFA's with SV/BF/FD on random, 3-stock, no items, top 2 advance until you run the double-elim 16-man bracket would definitely work best, IMO. You want to help get the casuals in there and go fast. You may even want to do double-elim for top 8 only to make sure things don't run slowly.

What you do for top 8/16 is entirely up to you. Running Unity without MK banned would probably be a good idea (since those who make top 8/16 generally know about the rules at non-con tournaments), so I'm all for that!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Wouldn't character lock be hard to keep track of with that many people?

Also yeah, don't ban MK. I wasn't saying you should or anything, but if you used the direct unity ruleset he would be banned.

Savi

Smash Cadet
I've been completely absent from the Smash community since Nov/Dec, partially because of school and having very little money, but mostly because I started playing WoW around that time lol. I'd love to come to another tourney soon like the good old days. I noticed there aren't any Brawl tourneys scheduled around here at the moment. That needs to change. Post one soon!

Top Bottom