• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The Official Kirby Match-up Thread

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
^Ah, yes...

I am on page 8...I must admit that there is not much motivation, although I will try to get it up soon.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
And so I bump like a hundred angry competitors at a bumper car competition.

For all people making threads...

JULY BUMP!

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Pink Reaper is busy, and I finished updating the Kirby Finder. I come here to ask a question, read the latest update, or respond to something.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Two things stood out from Treble's Kirby: his speed and his use of aerial hammer. The speed is good, obviously; aerial hammer is NOT (even if it was reversed to prevent the little hop in the air--which Treble did, of course).

If I had to make a reason why those videos might not be included, it was because of aerial hammer. There should almost always be a better move like u-air or b-air.

Ignoring the aerial hammer, Treble's Kirby could have gone far with more experience. :)

Oh, and good Falco, Eggm. :)

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
^It is not that you are not updating, it is just to show that this topic and forum is not dead.

It comes every month!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
So from beginning to present.

N64: Top tier
Melee: Bottom tier
Brawl: High tier

Eh.

Keep up the good work on match-ups Reaper.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Smashboards Warning System said:
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a month ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.
^_^ Happy belated bump reminder to keep updating!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I WAS joking lol, i mean its hilarious posting that right after you saying "don't remind me of how lazy i've been". those types of jokes don't work well over the internet :(

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I loved the guide. It's very helpful all around because it actually brings up situations that happen all the stinking time (glares at Y.Link and his Dair) and it gives you easy to follow advice that works! Thanks for the work you've put into this Reaper and I hope you are abe to post more soon.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
this guide is awesome. it could stay the way it is for a really long time and still be really helpful to anyone who wants to try playing kirby.
although info for ics and pika would be good, it doesn't matter when it's done so long as it is done eventually.

This is a **** good guide.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I do not see the stage picks, stage bans, stages to avoid, and victory percentages against Ness.

This guide is so close to completion.

Triple R

Smash Lord
So are we ever actually going to complete this some day? It doesn't look like that there are that many more characters to write even just a paragraph for if anything. Just sayin... lol

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
But im sooooooo lazy.

Actually im kinda really busy right now as im currently unemployed so im spending all of my time out looking for work. I dont really have huge amounts of time to devote to this. However if someone wants to volunteer to write some of the remaining chars, I can add input to them and try and get em done that way.

Triple R

Smash Lord
So i got 5th outta 25 at a minnesota tourny yesterday. Not bad. I think I'll have 2 matches from a set to put up. The first match where I was actually doing somewhat cool stuff wasn't recorded -_- The 2nd match brinstar beat up on my opponent for me and the 3rd was going ok until a simply got ***** 2nd half of the match lol.

Edit: wow, this is not the GD thread. Oh well...... :/

Buford

Smash Apprentice
My friend is a ridiculous doc main, so I get a lot of practice in that match up. A few things I do that might help out, but who knows.

When trying to recover, I like to go low, but not like super duper barely recover low, thats asking to get caped. I make sure that at the peak of my Up b im just a bit over doc, thats for clearance, more than anything. If I see him getting rdy to WD to some Bairs, I like to fast fall and Uair him, and be ready to DI towards the stage and walltech. Its not the best approach, but its saved me so many times.

If Im on the ledge and feeling a bit risky, Ill Upb, recatch the ledge, then instantly drop down>jump>Uair. IF he techs it, Ive made it on the stage, if he doesn't I just hit with Uair, and if he dodges it then I reledge and try something else.

If I wasn't going to college I could record some videos, but I'm not as amazing as you guys are.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I few things for recovery try to not always come from below yopur not marth with only 2 options are you? however your not puff I like to come from high up dairing it outranges a good amount of upairs at least to the point muyst people don't want to risk.

when up-Bing as anyone in case your not doing it Press R right when your about to sweet spot maybe sooner as kirby because he must go up before he goes down I never sat down and did teching I just played theory bros and said this is when I tech and I can tech fairly well.

to high into stone on edge stop before you can get grabbed, side fairs high dairs low don't forget to tech.

Top Bottom