• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The Official Kirby Match-up Thread

BunBun

Smash Master
Its mediocre. Aerial vs Aerial, dair is pretty bad. You're better off trying to keep them more in front or behind rather than directly below.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I need help with Kirby vs Ice climbers. I am having some trouble against them. And to make things worse I more often than not I kirbycide nana when I am aiming at popo.

BunBun

Smash Master
That's a question to ask Iori whenever he finds internet. He beat Wobbles in a Kirby vs IC's MM last month xD.

Wobbles still won the tournament though.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Can Kirby moonwalk? I do not have the tech. to pull of a moonwalk I read he could but I have a hard time picturing what Kirby would look like moonwalking.

@Pink Reaper What would be good Ice Climber Counter picks that are not banned?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Iori's Kirby is really good. I like how he combos Hammer --> U-tilt even though that doesn't actually work and gets ***** by CC but he's baller I guess.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
everyone with legs or feet can moonwalk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmdDsfpJ9sE

somepeople can moonwalk in more than one way. link is so easy you want to somewhat understand how it works kirby isn't that hard to moonwalk with.

hey man kirby vs ice climbers is like a 10-90 match-up i've tryed to give you advice but you won't listen. learn mindgames, reads, adapting and learn your charcter tough s*** at this point i'd say the same thing to myself about pichu vs them or sheik. CPs work be any wierd stage ban FD and DL64 depending on HOW you play. as pichu I ban Ys it's a good stage but I'm defensive and I needs lots of space so I can't work with it at all.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
also mindgames and reads are more important than how good your charcter is unless it's impossible movement camping.

you're just going have to be worlds better/smarter than them to win. My brother once said vs you sheik vs pichu feels even then he played pichu against my sheik and asked how I did it?

mindgames/reads are god tier in this game. If you know falco is going to laser you could run up powersheild into a grab d-throw tech chase steal his power and hopefully he won't FF dair you. be smart but unpredictable.

BunBun

Smash Master
Iori's Kirby is really good. I like how he combos Hammer --> U-tilt even though that doesn't actually work and gets ***** by CC but he's baller I guess.
From what I've noticed, everyone assumes that it works, so they don't try to do anything.

Similar to Mewtwo's confusion. No one ever just hits him after he does the move lol

BunBun

Smash Master
From what I've noticed, everyone assumes that it works, so they don't try to do anything.

Similar to Mewtwo's confusion. No one ever just hits him after he does the move lol

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Am I right when I say that Kirby will get a LOT of % on Pichu with 1 grab?

Dthrow then techchase Pichu's worthless techs, or just jab reset if they sit still.

I just wanna know if this is actually legit.

Triple R

Smash Lord
It works

You actually have enough time to Jab->Follow Up even if they DO tech. Pichu is so terrible.
Just the thought of jabbing after ever dthrow on pichu regardless if they tech or not and still having time to follow up made me laugh. I've never played a pichu lol.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
HEY! LISTEN!

Can you add after Bun Bun's write up (Which minus the bad language was very helpful, thank you bun bun and pink reaper.) The Stage bans counter picks and stages to avoid?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Since my thread got locked, I'll use this one. =P

Can I get any numbers for the match-ups?

BunBun

Smash Master
Well, there are some on the first page, but honestly a lot of them need to be re-evaluated.

Especially when it has things like "ban Green Greens" in some of the stage advice lol.

No way is falcon v Kirby 60/40

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Vs non tech you can U-tilt if you're lazy and get a combo going.

In Pichu vs Kirby.

Kirby should do like 40%+ to Pichu with a grab if he starts at 0. I don't think Pichu can jump out of Kirbs' d-throw until like 50 so you can go 0-65% off regrabs and basic homosexuality if you pay attention.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
as pichu I ban Ys it's a good stage but I'm defensive and I needs lots of space so I can't work with it at all.
I liked N64 YS but the GCN version messes with me big time.

That, KJ64 and Mute City are the stages I have problems with and luckily those two aren't neutral.

KJ64 is actually ok if you avoid the top but they can escape swallowcide so easily there it's annoying and the platforms invariably get in the way at some point.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
The only major problem with kirby's homo tech chase is how is he getting that grab?maybe if you grab pichu out of nair but it's not that easy to time. also if saw a kirby just standing there i'd jolt him, d-tilt or mindgames. I know don't nair people standing there. plus kirby has no set-ups and pichu is pretty d*** good at avoiding grabs unlike it's like sheik everything sets up that s***.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
yeah i was mentioning this to Fly the other day, i have to completely re-work this thread since it was all done before the new stage list =\
Or you could you know, use the one that I made for match-ups. =/

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think pichu vs kirby is pretty close but it depends on stages.

Yoshi's Story kirby>pichu
Fountain of Dreams kirby>pichu
Battlefield kirby<pichu
Dream Land (N64) kirby<pichu
Final Destination Kirby<pichu
Pokemon Stadium kirby<pichu
Brinstar kirby>pichu
Kongo Jungle (N64) kirby<pichu, if pichu camps kirby<<<pichu
Rainbow Cruise Kirby>pichu

does anyone disagree? But then again I always lose on YS as pichu whatever the MU.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
kirby can decently get pichu trapped and still camp semi safely. I'm going to sit down and learn how to camp DL64 so kirby can't ever win. main problem for kirby is pichu's recovery gets maxed out and kirby's isn't really improved. RC is pretty nice for kirby I think you guys should always CP there. stage control isn't to hard for kirby for once.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
The thing is very few people are gay enough to do that to kirby I would mostly to mock him and yes oh what's you going to do. I'm gay enough to do it as pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
comes back. seriouly how's it impossible with them not camping? f-tilt beats nair and your grab outranges his grab. kirby is crap but if it's close range he can at least land hits.

Top Bottom