• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Link Video Archive*Fully Updated* Ardes for president

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Notice how Deva dodges the boomerang. The gale returning is so lame when it lags you for a second. That was fun. Or when Deva is pulling an arrow back, while the gale is returning so that he doesn't have the lag. I think he only caught the gale like 1-2 times maybe, it is a subtle thing to improve upon. Deva is keke.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, the lag from the rang is really annoying :-0 I am going to start dodging it and throwing it at angles so I won't catch the ******* thing.

Deva

Smash Lord
actually, it's better to catch it if you can or else there's lag where you can't use the rang for a few seconds if you miss it. Just make sure to be using an air dodge or some attack to cancel the catching animation. Only miss the rang if you dont plan on using it again.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
The update is really cool, not sure when it happened but I'm sure it was recent because a video of mine is on there.

I have a really cool replay of me vs a FALCO. Its really a site to see. I'll upload it soon along with some other ones.

Ace17

Smash Rookie
i have 2 vids if u wanna post em up here legan my user name on youtube is drzace2k6 check em out ..i got 1 playin a good jiggz i have yet to c a link mainer fight 1

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hi, here are some matches of mine, advice is pretty much appreciated

Kei(Link) vs Sano(Sheik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjDfu76kfE

vs Loki(ddd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niAsOC_e_YE

vs Sano(Pit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTQB14O2aU0

see ya
Umm.. d-smash was used a little too much. You should also learn to ledgehop and work on improving your edgeguarding. Please don't just walk into Pit's arrow spam. I suggest having a bomb in hand and use that instead. The bombs go through the arrows and cancel them as well. You can also use your shield by shield dashing or just walking and shielding the arrows as you approach. Air-dodging works as well. Keep working on that pivot boost; it doesn't have to be limited to a f-tilt, and you can pivot boost more than once. You can increase the sliding distance by holding the control stick a bit longer. Around 0:38 to 0:40 in the D3 match, you had a chance at a jab lock instead of a full jab, but hey, I miss opportunities like that sometimes. Read the stickies and continue to improve. Keep at it.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Good matches Kei, try and use um on the Smashing though. Like, I know the D-smash is real tempting to use since it actually has decent speed, but you could have gotten some easy kills if you had a fresh dsmash. Good matches, hopefully you post more later?

Videos = teh win.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, O.T.L. it seems of the 6 stocks, your friend was playing seriously on the first 2, and then he decided to play very badly in comparison. You did have some nice ZAIRS, esp at 48%, in the first video on the last stock. But, it almost felt like the Falco was sandbagging there at the end. Is that your brother perhaps? That match up reminded me of playing my brother's wolf.

Anyways, do not leave yourself so open at low %. Get better at gimping. Good Recovery. The 2nd stock was very poorly played, I guess that was a pretty perfect edgehog, however you did mess up on a gimp.
The rest of the first match was kinda meh, you didn't do anything really good other than ZAIRing. Like, that Falco was just owning himself so bad... makes it hard to judge your Link's skill when he keeps getting himself killed. Besides the first stock he lost, he just killed himself twice.

The 2nd match, had problems like the first match. The Falco player was way to suicidal, lost 2 stocks when he could have been more conservative and probably won. So, the spike kill was fun, but meh! The second stock where he died from doing his Fair was a bit silly, had he had just recovered in the first place... and one the last stock he had a chance to chain grab you again but he just did an upsmash. Like it seems that your friend has potential to be good, but he was ******* around a lot...

Overall, I think your choice of moves were generally to slow, and you were using smash moves to early. If your friend chose to DI at all, you probably would not have killed him at 110% with your Fsmashes. I dunno, maybe post some matches where you opponent doesn't suicide 2/3 stocks.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Esta bien. Pero, necesitas mas projectiles. Bien usa con Dsmash pero tu usas demisiado. DI mas.

(Yeah I know a bit of spanish. Honors spanish at my school. :D But there's a few problems with how I worded it. :p)

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
Your absolutely right Metro.

Unfortunately our matches are normally WAY too long to get on a replay. those matches are the only ones that were short enough. Normally we play carefully and stuff.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Your absolutely right Metro.

Unfortunately our matches are normally WAY too long to get on a replay. those matches are the only ones that were short enough. Normally we play carefully and stuff.
Yeah, it reminds me of games I play with my brother when he is constantly going for a d-air with Wolf, misses the spike and dies, or just really noobie stuff, when we normally have really long and tedious matches. Like, I swear it takes me like 7 minutes to win/lose a match versus Wolf. So, yeah I imagine Falco is just as bad, if not worse considering he has better lasers/reflector. Sorry if I sounded harsh, but a lot of times that criticism is the best. On the first match, at the front did you miss a DAC on that grab attempt? It doesn't seem like a great time to grab, but it might have been a decent time for a DAC.

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
Very good. But too little aerials for me. :/ But that's my style. MAYBE more smashes but overall, good projectile spam. Keep it up.
thanks, and i dont smash at the beginning cuz i find that all of links smashes are good as finishers, but you'll see me do a couple of DAC regular up and side smashes

SuSa

Banned via Administration
ZOMG, an offensive Link... who is decent at the game??? Epic. I liked your Link, you kept pressure on Samus and didn't abuse your bombs, kudos. But, there were quire a few times when you missed Fair and Bair >_>
Yah, I miss my aerials a bit.... its just part of seeming to keep pressure on him, since they auto-cancel, and can cancel out his missiles (as you see near the end with my fair and his strong side-B missile), I'm always using an aerial in the air.

:p decent at the game?.... just wait til I get more vids up ;)

(can anyone say footstooling a gliding Pit for a KO? if I missed, I was dead for sure xD)
(same match, I threw a boomerang, saw him get pulled TOWARDS me, so I used dair and BOOM. I won the match :3)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Decent Link...........you should probably cut down on the dash attacks though:)
Sometimes being different is better :)

But I am working on my ground game. I had completely ignored it until I brawled Legan on wifi and made that "types of link" thread, I've been adding it into my game recently.

I'm more of a "go for the locks" and zair abuser :p so this groundbased and aerial stuff is new to me...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sometimes being different is better :)

But I am working on my ground game. I had completely ignored it until I brawled Legan on wifi and made that "types of link" thread, I've been adding it into my game recently.

I'm more of a "go for the locks" and zair abuser :p so this groundbased and aerial stuff is new to me...
Ahh I see, I actually thought you weren't intending to dash attack and you were just missing a little on the DAC.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Believe me I know, I don't even really do it with Sheik....not as effective and messing up is a bigger concern.

Top Bottom