• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It's been tried multiple times. So, for now, we're going to try it again. Not much to be said here, just speculate about future updates. How long has it been since we had a music update? Perhaps it will be a new character? Nobody knows!

Rules:

One liners will be persecuted
Spammers will be sacked
Off-topic posts will be paralyzed

Sariku

Smash Master
A prediction thread? Sounds alot like my old contest thread, but now it belongs too someone else... This might turn out well, I say you needa link the Contest thread, or atleast move it here Scav^^

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Well,this is good. Mainly because that's what the old "*What's going on the Smashbros.com*" was about. Anyway,I still special moves are possible,since we haven't had them in a while.(hopefully Peach though)

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
well, hmmm i was gonna say peach, but after thinkin about it, maybe not. i say we get an AT tonight. we get music wednesday, how to play on thursday, and a character update of some kind on friday. for music, pokemon or mario music would be cool. how to play, id hope for crawling or air grabbing/throwing, and a character update, maybe falcon finally :) or someone's FS. i'll likely get every single one of these wrong, but hey, here's hoping.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Thread idea is win.

We should see a Peach update very soon... cause she was already shown in the vid.

A post revealing Ike's special moves has also many chances to occur. Sakurai usually did this kind of post each time a newcomer was introduced ('cept Zamus, but that's cause she's different)

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting Peach tonight, or this morning to Europeans like me

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
predictions eh

let's see

it has been 15 updates since music and they appear to skip a week at a time

character updates has been once a week since wario (jun 20)

newcomers get sm while veterans get fs except fox who had some animation changes so yoshi will probably get sm before fs (up b how it works) but kirby/zelda fs are also likely, these character addition updates seem around once every weekish

at and pokemon seemed to be grouped together but item doesn't affect them

how to play has now skipped a week

stages are around once every week and few days

and game mode was friday

seeing this i say that
tomorrow: music
wednesday: poke/at or htp
thurs: character (returning veteran) probably peach
fri: yoshi's sm or veteran fs

of course pattern =/= sakurai :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
GREAT IDEA.

Tonight, I'd wager Peach--finally! Music is also a possibility (Skyworld please!), or maybe even a Final Smash (PIT) or Special Moves (Zelda would be useful).

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I started the whole YOSHI SM FTW thing this morning sooooo... I say Yoshi for friday, that's right, I'm contradicting myself.

I predict this will be a calm week with little additions like items, pokeballs and how to plays with the SM to headline it. We need to cool down for a week so Saki can blow our minds with CHALLENGERS next week.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I think we'll get Peach tonight. If not, then sometime this week. Hopefully we'll get Meta Knight or Snake too.. we still don't have them, yet we've seen Meta Knight in pictures!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Ok, my prediction will be a stage, I really want to know Snake's stage, but that's not tonight. Tonights stage is going to be Mario Kart stage (don't know the name of it), beacuse I don't think we had a Mario stage in a long time.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I predict music.

I'm guessing music from the Kirby series since we haven't gotten music from that series yet... or maybe Pokemon music.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm thinking music as well. But I'm gonna go with Mario music, to prep us for Peach.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Helloooo original thread:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107529

Oh, and so this doesn't seem like spam, I'll copy my predictions for the week to this thread (yes, predictions for the week, as I'll be gone for a week starting tommorow).

Tuesday: Guess "Charactor Update: Peach";

Wednesday:

If Tuesday's Update = "Charactor Update: Neither a 'Final Smash' nor a 'Special Moves'," Guess "Music Update: Pokemon"

Else Guess "Charactor Update: Peach";

Thursday:

If Wednesday's Guess = "Music Update: Pokemon":

If Wednesday's Update = "Music Update," Guess "Item Update: Pokemon"

Else Guess "Music Update: Pokemon";

Else If Wednesday's Update = "Charactor Update: Neither a 'Final Smash' nor a 'Special Moves'":

If Tuesday's Update = "Music Update," Guess "Item Update: Pokemon"

Friday:

If Thursday's Guess = "Item Update: Pokemon":

If Thursday's Update = "Item Update: Pokemon," Guess "Charactor Update: Zelda: Special Moves"

Else Guess "Item Update: Pokemon";

Else If Thursday's Guess = "Music Update: Pokemon":

If Thursday's Update = "Music Update":

If Wednesday's OR Tuesday's Update = "Item Update: Pokemon," Guess "Charactor Update: Zelda: Special Moves"

Else If Thursday's Update = "Charactor Update: Neither a 'Final Smash' nor a 'Special Moves'":

If Wednesday's Update = "Music Update":

If Tuesday's Update = "Item Update: Pokemon," Guess "Charactor Update: Zelda: Special Moves"

Else If Tuesday's Update = "Music Update":

If Wednesday's Update = "Item Update: Pokemon," Guess "Charactor Update: Zelda: Special Moves"

Hope it wasn't too difficult to understand.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I think Peach is the update today, I honestly wanna see Sonic...... really low chance of seeing that anytime soon. Well yesterday's update was on time, so we probably won't have to wait anymore.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm just worried about the future of the updates. Mainly because once Sakurai goes through enough non-character content, he'll move onto the special moves. The problem is that each characters 4 special moves are split into 2 updates. With just the characters we have now, that's 27 days of special moves.....That's a freakin lot, too much if you ask me. I think it's just "milking it" to split them into 2 moves each update. They're not THAT important enough as an update type of thing to warrant only getting half a characters movesets. It's also irritating, and just plain spiteful.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wait, so what's happening to the old thread? That was cool 'cause it was sort of a competition.

Anyways, I say that if it wasn't Peach yesterday, it probably won't be Peach 'till Friday. So my guess is:

Music: Super Mario Bros. Theme Remix

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm not sure why, but I have been predicting Ness for the LONGEST time, and every once in a while, I post it as a guess on a Guessing thread, but since it's been about two weeks since I started expecting Ness each morning, I've all but given up hope.

This is something that shouldn't concern me because I am a Fox main, and have no concern for Ness whatsoever!

jonfled

Smash Cadet
A character. Peach is my guess. Oddly all of Sakurai's updates happen at 12:00 AM for me every time. Like, EXACTLY 12 AM.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure why, but I have been predicting Ness for the LONGEST time, and every once in a while, I post it as a guess on a Guessing thread, but since it's been about two weeks since I started expecting Ness each morning, I've all but given up hope.

This is something that shouldn't concern me because I am a Fox main, and have no concern for Ness whatsoever!
lol, id laugh so hard if Ness was tomorrow, the one day you decided not to predict it, lol...

Anyway, I've been wondering about Ness as well, but I think that's because Earthbound is the only series that hasn't been mentioned yet, and was in the original Smash Bros. game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A character. Peach is my guess. Oddly all of Sakurai's updates happen at 12:00 AM for me every time. Like, EXACTLY 12 AM.
No, they don't. (not talking about timezones here. XD)

Last week's updates where all over the place. Ike's update came like 3 hours later then usual. I remember we where all saying "this update's going to suck." most people went to bed and totally missed it. XD

Anyways, to be on topic here, I'd say Peach as well. Although I can't be so sure... You know Sakurai.:laugh:

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I think Peach is the update today, I honestly wanna see Sonic...... really low chance of seeing that anytime soon. Well yesterday's update was on time, so we probably won't have to wait anymore.
I doubt we'll even get a glimpse of Sonic untill after the game is released. If he's in the game, that is.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Fools. Sakurai wants you to think it's Peach this week so when the day comes he'll surprise us and we'll be blown away by CAPTAIN FALCON! He'll also give us C.Falcon's Final Smash, F-Zero Music, and then a Pokemon stage to throw us off on Friday.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm telling you guys,it either Peach or special moves. Or the old standby: It's music tonight,I can feel it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm telling you guys,it either Peach or special moves. Or the old standby: It's music tonight,I can feel it.
It's so going to be music. Fo sho.

I can feel it playing in my kidneys.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
OMG your post count is 666! lol

on topic: it could very well be music. or an AT. or peach. or a totally random mind-gaming sakurai update that screws with us all HAHA

666? Well ,that would explain the demon trying to tempt me out of my mortal soul. Must resist...as much as I like the idea involving the melted cheese and the supermodels.... must..must not do it! I'm still thinking either Peach,special movies,or music.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
666? Well ,have would explain the demon trying to tempt me out of my mortal soul. Must resist...as much as I like the idea involving the melted cheese and the supermodels.... must..must not do it! I'm still thinking either Peach,special movies,or music.
Hahaha, nicely done. I don't know why I found that line in particular funny, but I did.

Mario music FTW. I actually have a really good feeling about it. Now watch my hopes and dreams get skewed across the pavement.

Top Bottom