• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mother related HA!!! I was right!!!

My newcomer prediction of norm was right for once!!!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't quite understand why Lucas replaced Ness, especially since Ness is known worldwide, whereas Lucas isn't.

But that's okay, I guess. I'm not a Ness fan or a Ness player, so, whatev.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Well it's not like this wasn't hinted at before with the whole "Ness-was-supposed-to-leave-earlier-but-mother3-wasn't-released-yet"
This just confirms that Lucas is the new Ness

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Now, now, I wouldn't go and say that's the end of Ness yet... I mean, we don't have Marth or Roy yet... and Marth's the foundation of Fire Emblem... technically. Ness'll be back.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Hmm...

Through observation of text and screenshots, I'm under the impression Ness is still present. I formed this opinion before I even read Sakurai's words, so I'm certainly not misreading. I... just don't see any of Ness' moves in those four screenshots. Lucas looks like an entirely unique character.

Could it be... we were all right? Lucas made it, AND Ness will still return to our hearts?

I must know more! ROR.

Sjos

Smash Cadet
I don't quite understand why Lucas replaced Ness, especially since Ness is known worldwide, whereas Lucas isn't.

But that's okay, I guess. I'm not a Ness fan or a Ness player, so, whatev.
"Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"
Is Ness really out? Dunno.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Ness is my favorite character from Melee, but I'm not an Earthbound nut. If Lucas is in, does that mean Ness is probably out? Or will have his moveset changed? Or will Lucas have different moves?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well the rumor was that Lucas would replace ness, and since Lucas was confirmed first...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Hmm...

Through observation of text and screenshots, I'm under the impression Ness is still present. I formed this opinion before I even read Sakurai's words, so I'm certainly not misreading. I... just don't see any of Ness' moves in those four screenshots. Lucas looks like an entirely unique character.

Could it be... we were all right? Lucas made it, AND Ness will still return to our hearts?

I must know more! ROR.
Not quite.

That is PK Thunder, Ness' Side+B, just an improved version graphic-wise for it.

Or it could be PSI Shield, maybe, but I'm thinkin' it's PK Thunder.

craiigg

Smash Lord
omfggg loool.

on the non-humourous side of things he looks like a playable version of ness XD, and is that an improved Fair i see!?

Quaalude

Smash Rookie
Ness will still be in.
Taking out Ness and putting Lucas in is like taking out Mario for Luigi.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Ness's Side-B is PK Fire

Ness's Up-B is PK Thunder

That sort of looks like Ness's Down-B as a Side-B
The absorbing thing

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Not quite.

It looks way more likely to be his fair or something. It's way too huge to be the PK Thunder we know.

Sjos

Smash Cadet
Not quite.
(image)

You mean Fair. And I don't think that's it, because he only uses one hand.
Dunno, but it looks more powerful than Ness's Fair

OATH

Smash Apprentice
I dont see anything on this update that says good bye ness, he even mentions ness so he's prob still in..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm just hoping Ness will return as a secret character >_<'. Dangit, why did Lucas have to be revealed first? The moves look too similar with the exception that the f-air is with one hand and there are sparkles when he uses d-air. The taunt is also different. The text doesn't say whether Ness has a chance or not, it just references he was in the past SSB games >_>. It's a sad day for me, but it's also a good one at the same time because this might make Nintendo of America consider bringing Mother 3 to the US along with releasing Earthbound on VC. I would've preferred playing as Ness though...he looked more Asian and was the only reason I started liking the Mother series >_>. The Asian looking part isn't important' I just wrote it out of randomness.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Not quite.

WHAT?!

That looks like PSI Shield, which is his DOWN B, his side B being PK Fire. Not to mention he's holding the shield in front of himself, instead of consuming himself with it like Ness does.

Have you played Ness, like, once ever?

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
When he said "Can he surpass Ness?" is a clear indication that Ness is gone. Let's forget that fact that we heard rumors of Lucas replacing Ness, but also that the statement alone means "Does this new fighter have what it takes to be as good as Ness?"

He wouldn't say that if Ness was still in the game. I'm sorry, but that's clearly what I got out of it. I can't see those two being different enough to be both playable.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Uhm.....PK Thunder is his Up+B.....Anyways I think that's his Aerial Forward+A
I know, hence why I said it was a mistake, wasn't thinking, too d-mn excited about this update.
WHAT?!

That looks like PSI Shield, which is his DOWN B, his side B being PK Fire. Not to mention he's holding the shield in front of himself, instead of consuming himself with it like Ness does.

Have you played Ness, like, once ever?
For f-ck's sake, I get it, I ALREADY said I made a mistake.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
He wouldnt mention somthing like that about ness. then say o yea sorry ness fans hes gone for good....that proves nothing...

Top Bottom