• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If we're getting the entire roster on the 15th then i don't really care if they confirm a character this week(they probably aren't going to anyways).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*Subscribes*

I heard this is the new ***Smashbros.com Thread ***

Er... I mean: I am really interested in your opinions.

Blue X

Smash Cadet
I'm going to go ahead and be odd and predict a new stage for Monday. Although I could see us easily getting something we already know that we don't have alot of info on, like the Metroid AT or Mario Kart Stage. I'd be interested in either update.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Bringing back subject.

"So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."

SO do you think hes gunna give out alot more character updates? Or...
I think this means he's not hung up on hidden characters AFTER the game is released. In context, he was talking about online mode. If we were to see any unlockables in the way he mentioned, it would be after the game was released. This, plus this ongoing character drought could kind of support that quote about him not revealing the secrets on the dojo until after the release of the game.

This is why I still doubt that Coro Coro will release the whole roster.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I think this means he's not hung up on hidden characters AFTER the game is released. In context, he was talking about online mode. If we were to see any unlockables in the way he mentioned, it would be after the game was released. This, plus this ongoing character drought could kind of support that quote about him not revealing the secrets on the dojo until after the release of the game.

This is why I still doubt that Coro Coro will release the whole roster.
you mean sakurai won't release all the roster?

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
well i'm going to think positive and ber that monday will be surprise character! *coughcoughcaptainolimarcoughcough*

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Bringing back subject.

"So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."

SO do you think hes gunna give out alot more character updates? Or...
Here's my take on it:

Sakurai said we'd be unlocking most characters through SsE (which is exactly what I had predicted). So once we're done with SsE, which evidently lasts about 10 hours according to SamuraiPanda, so I think by the end of SsE we'll have about 90% of the complete roster.

I think the remaining 2 or 3 characters will be found in relatively simple areas of the game, like Break The Targets and Multi-Man Brawl.

I don't think he's going to make finding and unlocking characters a hastle like he did in Melee. I feel he wants us to enjoy as much of the actual gameplay as we can without getting hung up on a "duty" to unlock all characters and get bored of the "work", and consequently get bored of the game by proxy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not until the release of the game, no. If he was releasing all of the secrets before the release date, I think we would have still been getting character updates at least every other week.
Ur dead wrong, sakurai stated he wnted to show all the character himself, cause the internetz will do it anyways, he said this in an interwiew back when the 1st trailer was released and the newest update pretty much confirms it...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ur dead wrong, sakurai stated he wnted to show all the character himself, cause the internetz will do it anyways, he said this in an interwiew back when the 1st trailer was released and the newest update pretty much confirms it...
So if he shows us the characters AFTER the game comes out, he'll still be showing us the characters. He never stated that he'd show us before the game came out.

Not counting PAL countries, of course. :laugh:

RDK

Smash Hero
You're not funny. You're annoying, and frankly I just plain don't like you.

Anyway, I think Monday's update will be Subspace based. It's been a while since our last video.
Yeah, he's annoying. You kind of get used to it after a while.

He's just a Shuma wannabe, spamming all over the place.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
I hope monday has something to do with Different modes in Wifi, not just with anyone or with friends, but special melee online or something along those lines.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I would like something Subspacey please!! We haven't had any info on Subspace for some time now. We've gotten a lot of Final Smashes lately, all have been cool (especially the one I wanted to find out most, Dedede's), some stuff about returning Melee features (comforting, Hyrule was my fave stage), and LOTS of filler on WiFi and Smash Ball stuff. I'll admit, we haven't had a megaton in quite some time, but I haven't given up on the Dojo yet. There's too many people complaining about update quality, there's been good stuff! FSes always nice, but I think we ought to take a break from those. So yeah, I'm hoping for a SSE update. A character update would be nice, but I don't see it happening. Prove me wrong Sakurai, I DARE YOU to prove me wrong!!!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I really hope we get a newcomer this week like Isaac or Geno, i'd like Claus but he'd be unlockable if he's in.

Top Bottom