• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
haha different videos for different languages...

Sonic, Link, Samus, Mario for US
Ike, Kirby, Snake, Mario for Japan

dunno about others yet...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Glad I stayed up...20 minutes late and counting...

This could mean only one thing...only one could be so big as to cause this delay...It's Ri--

*faints*

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
How in the hell is a video of these guys playing Brawl an update? Seriously??

Sakurai, you're a very bad person. Imagine how the Japanese must feel today. They were supposed to be playing it already, so they expect a huge update in compensation, and what do we get?

A durned good contender for worst update ever. A 2 minute match, showcasing absolutely nothing previously unknown. This is insulting Sakurai, and I challenge you to a duel, dirtbag.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
japan gets a different video than every other language...

also... what is the music starting after kirby's victory theme in the japanese video?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Oh calm the hell down.
This subsided my fears about Wi-Fi slowness, and it was nice to see some gameplay without all the yelling and buzz of E for All.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
How in the hell is a video of these guys playing Brawl an update? Seriously??

Sakurai, you're a very bad person. Imagine how the Japanese must feel today. They were supposed to be playing it already, so they expect a huge update in compensation, and what do we get?

A durned good contender for worst update ever. A 2 minute match, showcasing absolutely nothing previously unknown. This is insulting Sakurai, and I challenge you to a duel, dirtbag.
it was showing the effectiveness of the wifi. people were worried the wifi play might not be good or too laggy, well watching the video we can see that from that distance you can't even tell the difference, which is good news. it could prolly do good at farther distances.

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
I think this is worse than You Must Recover....

Seriously...

I want to play this game. Now I have to watch them play?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Well I was expecting a Orange or Dark Blue update. I hope that tomorrow is one of the Characters that where accidentally leaked. He better not make us wait until AFTER Brawl is released.

I sure hope not.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
he only has 6 more updates until the game is released...

i wonder what he will do...

maybe a countdown starting Monday?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Well Snake footage is always nice I suppose..

But you could see him charging the downward rocket....(Not the Side B one)
Wait...I thought his downsmash was burying a mine....huh?!?!?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
and i just noticed something...

in the videos... the characters' percent pictures fade in and out...

what is that?

oh nvm... it fades so you can see through it...

so it doesnt get in the way... awesome... (sorry if im slow... if you have noticed this before lol)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Really it was just interesting to see how they've done with with the Wifi connection rate, the distance they're talking about I see almost no difference from the standard gameplay videos which if you compare to DBZ BT 3 on the Wii... is much much better then what I've seen in other Wifi uses on the Wii.

... Besides a clear gameplay video with the new victory themes always good, I mean I love the touches they've done with the old victory themes and managed to spruce them up a bit.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
What did sonic say in his taunt?
"You're too slow!"

He... didn't sound like who I'd expect him to sound like, and I've been playing loads of Sonic Rivals 2 lately.

Seriously, he reminds me of some fairy pixie dude when he say "You're too slow!!"

X_X ANd he got blasted by Samus. That was just pure bad luck there....

WHo wants to bet that if Sakurai was playing, he was Mario?

All he freaking done at the beginning was jump around off the stage, RECOVERing.

YOU MUST RECOVER

We must recover...

Yeah sure video, but..... I saw alot of better stuff withen the video showed an Whobby '08.

And only a minute on Wifi? That's barely enough time to tell your opponent to eat tar, let alone get one kill in.

And just how DID Mario win? Tell me. He killed off ZSS, correct? Who did he kill along with that to surpass the Mega Beam thing? Or did Mario somehow knock into Sonic after he was hit by the beam?

Frankly I don't give a crap. I should have been in bed an hour ago, wondering about an Assist Trophy we were SUPPOSED to get. XD

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Personally I loved the update. The match sucked, but I saw an item about 3/4s the way in. The sandbag just appeared. I REALLY hope he's a turn on/off item, because then I can play with just him.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
looks like there is music after kirby's victory theme...
mario did some mad stalling to avoid samus' zero laser...
and link... that was just dirty... :urg:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
So wait, Snakes Down smash is that angled bazooka thing...

His Down B is the C4(says so on the DOJO!!)

But what the HELL is that mine then? The one he burries?(spelling?)

worldjem7

Smash Ace
No. They told us his down smash on the smashbros website. His down smash is where he plants a regular mine. his down B is where he just sets some C4. his FORWARD smash is the rocket.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
No. They told us his down smash on the smashbros website. His down smash is where he plants a regular mine. his down B is where he just sets some C4. his FORWARD smash is the rocket.
Then his Forward smash officially sucks, I mean a downward angled rocket as a FRONT smash?

God..

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
What are you guys talking about? He doesn't have mines and C4. There is only one thing that he digs and plants in the ground and that's the C4 and it's his down B move. When he kneels and shoots a rocket into the ground, that's his down smash, you can tell because you can see him charge it up in the video. I'm also pretty sure his forward smash is a two part one like Link's. I think he does a knee that pops the person up and then does a double fisted downward attack. Here's a step-by-step picture (and this is NOT out of a grab move).

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Yes, he does.

This is his up smash

This is his down smash

And his down B is the C4 mine that he places on the floor.
His down smash is where he actually buries a mine so that you can't see it.

I got these images from here.

What you have just depicted was Snake's Forward Tilt combo.

Top Bottom