• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
1 felony into 2 felonies.

(it's a combo) :samus:

EDIT: today i did raptor boost, upair, strong knee, strong knee, falling falcon punch @ the right death line on johnys sheik.
to all those that play with him on the reg.. he has since sold his gamecube.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
LoL players....thinking about getting into LoL. Anyone have some pointers? :o

:phone:
Hard to teach the game via text, you kinda have to play it with people. Logan (Logan IV, Tegami, OGPhantom, CABC), John (Tonixion, Spooks McGee, ?), Aaron (Monol), Thomas (he put his stuff above), Naka (Ostrana), and myself (Gummibear, ZeroEffectx) all have/could make low level accounts to play games and help out.

Honestly though, the best recommendation I could make would be to come to a weekly and play with somebody watching you. Easiest way to teach the game. The only problem would be trying to get internet good enough to play on at Duquesne, but we could try to figure something out.

TheLake

Smash Master
Tip 1: Your gonna get like unbelievably angry, try not...?

Tip 2: look at the characters and pick one that you want to fall in love with

Tip 3: Hate everyone even your friends to survive

you should be fine

Sooo Project M lookin purty good

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'll bring muh laptop next time im at Duq. Internet sucks at my school....so this will be hilariously awful
And even though im in cleveland atm.......must refrain from making an account this weekend or I will never finish my 3D homework xP

Ambix

Smash Ace
I play league too.

Never see any of you *** hats online though.

in-game name is ambix.

as far as advice goes, controlling your minion wave and farming gold are the most important.
Don't attack the minions ever except to last hit them for gold. If you do that your wave will probably push up to your tower. if you can try and keep the wave near your tower but not close enough to get hit by it. It lets you free farm and keeps you mostly safe from ganks and denies your enemy gold as well.

If your tower starts hitting minions use this handy dandy guide to farm under your tower:

mostly full health melee minions: 2 turret shots then attack it
mostly full health ranged minions: auto attack once, one turret shot, then last hit.

jbro

Smash Ace
my strategy in LOL is like my playstyle in smash

**** IT, CHUCK, IT PITTSBURGH STEELER FOOTBALL!

hope that helps
it does, because that's actually my strategy in LoL.

CHARGE IN
AoE ATTACK
GET THE **** OUT

**** YEAH MALPHITE

EDIT: so i'm barely ever on LoL but you fools can add me if you want, username is daveysin

Ambix

Smash Ace
So that little Accident i got into the other day? Guy's insurance cant pay for all of it...**** EVERYTHING...
sue him and have the government garnish his wages?

then when he get's evicted because he can't meet his rent payments be sure to call him a worthless hippie and tell him to get a job.

jbro

Smash Ace
just played my first ever pvp game, went 3/3/7 and lost.

not bad though for a first time i don't think.
i'd also like to get some pointers too if possible

AprilShaw

aka Logan
just played my first ever pvp game, went 3/3/7 and lost.

not bad though for a first time i don't think.
i'd also like to get some pointers too if possible
I can help you, too. Just hit me up on Skype, cabc_is_too_good, or in game, Logan IV

Also, www.solomid.net and www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends both are a big help. If you post in /r/leagueoflegends asking for help, you'll almost always get an answer.

If you want a teacher or just want to ask a question, www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool is designed purely for helping out newer players.

And if I'm available, I can answer questions at any time. I love helping people in LoL so it's not a problem at all :)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
looooooooooooooooool

me: hey guys!! i suck at smash! help me??

you guys: ..............sure

lokii: hey guys help me with LOL

you guys: OMG DO THIS! CHECK OUT THIS! THIS! READ THIS. CALL ME! TEXT ME! SKYPE ME! MESSENGER PIDGIN ME!

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Wtf haha? If you want help playing LoL too then send me a message. What do you want people to tell you with smash? Not only have you already gotten most of the advice you'll ever need, but you also aren't a newbie at smash. Lokii and Jbro are literally JUST starting out in league. It'd be like people teaching you how to wavedash, L-cancel, short hop, etc. Super basic stuff.

I don't know why you got all jealous over it but you should seriously calm down. That's the best smash advice you'll ever get.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Which is why I am glad i was like 100 lbs. heavier when i first got into melee 2 years ago when i moved to pittsburgh. My boobs definitely came in handy when i asked for help.

Abate

Smash Journeyman
yooooooo I wish I could have made it yesterday.

Anyone want some smash at my place (monroeville) tonight? I can get pizza.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
looooooooooooooooool

me: hey guys!! i suck at smash! help me??

you guys: ..............sure

lokii: hey guys help me with LOL

you guys: OMG DO THIS! CHECK OUT THIS! THIS! READ THIS. CALL ME! TEXT ME! SKYPE ME! MESSENGER PIDGIN ME!
Roflllll

.....messenger pigeons sound fun o Ao

Top Bottom