• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Vyke

Smash Champion
724-816-0011

only accepting big breasted bocchi's (aaron will get this)

or big, black, and on the attack

Vudujin

Smash Lord
-Trip Budget for Impulse-

The total mileage for the entire trip is around 700 miles, and my car gets around 30mi/gal on the highway. The number came out to $88 dollars for gas expenses, so I'll need about $20 from each of you if it's split 5 ways.

It's a 3 day event, so assuming that you eat "value" food ($5 per meal) then you'll be spending $45 for food during the trip.

Venue fee is a whopping $30, and I believe everyone going is already registered, so you will NEED to bring at least $95 bucks to survive.

Everyone will probably be spending a C note, so cash them paychecks, boys!!!

Vudujin

Smash Lord
ummmmm that depends...

I'm not sure on the time yet, but it'll probably be late Friday early Saturday morning. I have to talk to Aaron about when he gets off from work.

Aaron, if you read this before I can get my phone charged could you tell me what your schedule is looking like on Friday?

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Alright! Alright! Alright! I'm real pumped for Impulse and I just got the go ahead from my boss to take off of work for Friday. So I'll be driving to Pittsburgh during the day and I just need to know when I should plan on showing up. Also, it would help to know what day we are planning to head home, and what time if that's possible.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Hey PA, sup.

I heard you guys were coming to RAGE on the 21st of July, and whether or not you'd need housing, I'm not sure. But if you guys would like, I can definitely house you the night before (July 20th). Having people over that night for my birthday and will not only have the NEOH Melee crew that's guaranteed, but MI as well.

If any of you guys would like to come hang with me and spend the night, you guys can start coming over around 5. If you plan on coming, or have any questions, give me a heads up either on here or my phone. #216_630_2200.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Impulse is a 2 day event XP. I'm an idiot. . . . . . . (you're an idiot) *grinch reference

We'll be back in time for fourthmeal on Sunday.

KirbyKaze will be housing us.

Now I'm off to get Aaron. I'M-A COMIN' FOR YA, BOOOIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

Vyke

Smash Champion
The city was dark and reeking, like the filthy pipes I scrubbed to eek out a meager existence. There's not a glimmer of hope that can pierce it's smog-filled veil. I ****ing hate this place.

A plumber by trade, a **** peddler by profession. My mother always said that my brother and I would never amount to anything, and she wasn't wrong. I can't remember our dad's face, but I can remember the beatings. I still have the scars. One day he took a hammer to my face and Luigi jokingly referred to us after the hammer brothers after that. Levity was always Luigi's escape. As boys, I remember him looking at the night sky claiming he saw a star and made a wish. You couldn't see stars in the city, though, but I wouldn't ruin it for him. When I asked Luigi what he wished for as he gazed at the plane flying miles overhead he turned to me and said forlornly, "Invincibility, Mario. I don't want to hurt anymore."

I would wake up in the middle of the night, screaming and reaching out. My hands grasping the darkness, in a half-asleep haze, expecting to grab hold of a new life hanging invisible over my head. No extra life tonight.

But she changed everything. You know how you can separate your life into completely distinct periods where you forever refer to your life as before and after an incident? That was her.

It was my birthday and Luigi decided for once in our god-forsaken lives we'd celebrate like we had our own kingdom before us. We left our apartment at midnight and on the way out Luigi threw a few coins to Toad, the local stool pigeon. Toad lived in squalor worse than us, but everyone knew he snitched to the police in one breath and dealt his wares in the next. Cops didn't give a **** so long as Toad kept snitching. Luigi got a bag in return for the coins. "Happy birthday, Mario." Shrooms. I was already drunk, why not take a few.

A few hours later I was tripping my balls off at a strip joint across town. I don't remember how I got there, and frankly, I don't even care. The scummy announcer's voice boomed across that dirty room, "Gentlemen, now coming to the stage, please give it up for....Peach." She changed everything.

http://imgur.com/a/PePMy

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Aaron has a shot in the dark of going if he gets his passport card. I'm gonna call him today, and if he has it we'll wait up for him and leave on Saturday morning, and go straight to the venue. If he doesn't have it, I'll be driving down after work on Friday and pick you guys up; I get off at 10:30pm, and we'll go to KK's house. Chris, is there any way you could round up Green Ranger at your place on Friday night before I get off?

Morning Thunder!!!!!! Go to Chris' on Friday!!!!

Everyone be in the same place somehow.

For the luvva-god, make sure you double check that you have a passport and your cash before you leave.

Godspeed, Pittsburgh. At dawn. . . . . . . We ride. . . . . . unless Aaron can't go. . . . then. . . . . at dusk. . . . . . We ride.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Aaron, Naka, and anyone else interested in fighting games (no smash though): we're gonna go watch Evo finals on the 8th at Bert's house in Greensburg. There'll be food and stuff, and the TV we're watching on is huge, and the quality's awesome. If you're interested PM me on here/facebook or text me at 412-918-9014

Vyke

Smash Champion
I have a Smite Beta Key on the table for anyone who wants it. I assume it's gonna go to either Logan or Naka. When you receive it, you get two more beta keys to give to other people. So... even if I give Logan one, two other people we know can still get it, and then two more people from each of those, etc.

Green Ranger

Smash Journeyman
Oh No! Now We'll Never Win Teams! : (

I can get GR no problem. What is your phone number GR?
Phone number is 310-796-6259

Call me baby

EDIT: Bad news... I probably will be a no-go for impulse. I've been ****ing around too much this summer and have fallen behind on my work. Unless I can miraculously catch up by Friday, I won't be able to go :(. Gotta seriously buckle down and get my priorities straight. Have fun at Impulse for me guys! Sorry about the short notice.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Just bring a few extra bucks. I don't want you guys to worry about that too much.

Naka, I'll be heading down after I get off work at 10:30, so expect me shortly after 11. I'm gonna decide if we leave tonight or tomorrow based on how tired I am when I get there.

Ummmmmm. . . . . Swanjin, Naka?

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
All I need is Chris' phone number so I can call him when I get close to the city. Just PM me your number and I'll figure things out from there.

Ambix

Smash Ace
hey vudu. you stopping down near pittsburgh before you leave?

If the gas money situation is tight I can swing over to where you're staying and buy those figures off you before you leave.

EDIT:

You finish that pittsburgh smasher picture too?

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
good **** green ranger!! showing that responsibility, although i would of liked to see juggle-ranger or green-maru.

i hope i see pat at impulse

good luck to everyone left going. show riddle box whats up, naka

aaron!!! i need you to play smash with me more. you got a car?

Jacob make history happen with this level 9 luigi. . . . ite!!

nick 4 stocks me all the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlvgUpmNPFs

Top Bottom