• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official "RATE MY KIRBY" and "HELP WITH A MATCHUP" thread!

Is this thread useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've noticed a bunch of threads recently with people posting videos of their Kirby and asking for critique. I figure this thread will be a good way to organize things so it doesn't get confusing and clogged up.

So basically, if you want people to help you, post your videos here, or possibly request a match. (messaging people for matches also works)

Also, since maybe there won't be a ton of "rate/help with my Kirby!" requests anytime soon, this thread is also intended for SHORT matchup discussion. Refer to the big matchup discussion (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195032 ) as a place to discuss, or look for matchups in detail, but ask here if you have a couple simpler questions about a matchup that need to be addressed.

For example: If you wanted to know how to fight Meta Knight in general, go to the other thread. If you want to learn how to deal with a Meta Knight that spams Mach Tornado, ask here. (Fsmash is a good counter to that, by the way. That, or Inhale/use your own Tornado)

edit: Tomato Kirby requested that I put the following into this post, but it was TL;DR (too long, didn't read :p) but I'll post it here for now

================================================== ===

A Mini-Guide on Organized Rating: How to Critique!

Gone are the days of:

Useless Comment said:
lu1ol u troped n2 da chrownd! dn dat kaptUHn fhvlkan p0wnhzd u wiht deh fulcin p0wnch u r teh luz00rrx git mynejaems1! 1m4iul hym fer de filkun pawzh11
O_O;…ow, my head…

Instead, we can suggest something more useful! The categories are listed with a quick description of what Kirby could be doing for each move. For a better, more complete summary of moves, visit T1mmy’s “Kirby and the Amazing Guide” Thread – Did you know he made an UPDATE?

I. General Impression
Good:
What qualities and habits about the Kirby’s technique are good?

Bad:
What qualities and habits about the Kirby’s technique are bad?

What are the settings of the match (e.g., stage, time, opponent(s), items, Wi-fi…)?
(Comment if out of the ordinary, such as suggesting standard rules)

II. Ground Technique
How does the Kirby utilize jabs, tilts, dash, crouching, and smashes?
Jab – Brief poking or comboing against a wall.
Crouching – Kirby can avoid some attacks by crouching. This easily leads into d-tilt
U-tilt – The choice move in close ranges when the opponent is behind Kirby. Follow up with an aerial. Use it liberally.
D-tilt – A nice attack to set up for an f-smash. Current recommendation is to buffer it after SHAD or while crouching.
F-tilt – an attack similar to d-tilt but easier to create spacing, can angle, and hit opponents in the air. Has more range but sweetspot is close to Kirby.
U-Smash – launches the opponent vertically and more powerful if the opponent is closer to Kirby. Are you doing dash-canceling this?
F-Smash – Great KO power. This attack is Kirby’s ground-based KO move. Do not spam at low percentages.
D-Smash – Decent for punishing roll spammers. The closer the opponent is, the more horizontal they go and vice versa. Other than that, use sparingly.
Dash – The standard dash attack. Use as a surprise of if you think it will likely hit. It slows down at the end, so it must count.

III. Grabbing
Does the Kirby utilize grabs effectively?
Pummel – Kirby is likely to get several in before he must throw.
Grab Release – It benefits some characters; however, Kirby is not one of them. Throws lead into something useful.
F-throw – leads into u/f-air and aerial hammer. Most likely to use this throw
B-throw – Only for getting the opponent off-stage.
U-throw – Good for positioning the opponent above you. Being under an opponent = advantage!
D-throw – Racks up the most damage after the opponent is out of combo percents.

IV. Aerial Technique
How does the Kirby utilize aerials and air dodging?

Remember your aerial attack DI!

F-air – good for building up damage
B-air – a very safe move and a likely kill move.
D-air – Off-stage spikes and ledge-hopping on the stage surprise move.
U-air – Good for punishing opponents stuck on the ledge above you.

V. Specials
How does the Kirby use them?
Ground Hammer – If you break an opponent’s shield…otherwise, use as a surprise. Used sparingly.
Aerial Hammer – Two chances. Can use during recovery. Effective killer.
Final Cutter – Use to return to the ledge. Against some characters like King Dedede, it can cut through projectiles. No other use on the stage.
Stone – Downwards recovery, punishes opponents off the stage to build up damage. Lose 10 points for most on-stage uses. This is not Smash 64.

VI. Character Match-Up Comments
Was there anything the Kirby did correctly or failed to do in this fight?

VII. Technique
How precise is the Kirby’s mastery of the game (such as AT usage like hugging, auto-canceling, SHFFing, buffering…)?
Does the Kirby’s actions show sufficient knowledge of what to do in each situation?
-Priority?

VIII. Character Control
How precise and in control is the Kirby?
-Is there minimal lag of input for the next move?
-A thorough understanding of Kirby helps alleviate thought lag

IX. Approach
In SSBB, camping is good. Unfortunately, Kirby has to become the approacher. Can the Kirby approach correctly and make it unpredictable?

-Kirby should be spacing his attacks
-Aerial attack DI is a key for good approach (anti-shield grab)
-Platform-drop aerials
-Poke with f/b-air, jab, tilts
-Try running ~~> dodging/shielding to mix for a refreshing change.

X. Defense
Does the Kirby know how to defend? Can they predict oncoming attacks and punish appropriately?

-Keep track of your shield
-Camp the opponent if possible.
-Keep aerials close to the ground.
-U-tilt in close range combat.
-Out-of-Shield attacks!
-Defend with shield grabs, retreating b-air, crouching, u/d-tilt.

XI. Recovery
Can the Kirby get back on?

Off-stage
-Use aerials and hope to punish timing.
-Kirbycides for more punishment.
-Fast-fall some hops for distractions
-Sweetspot that ledge with Final Cutter!
-Be careful with air-dodging; it risks easy punishment.
-Air-dodge! Multiple times!

Ledge
-A pseudo-waveland is risky unless you plan on buffering something.
-If you roll or simply jump back on, count on getting knocked around some more. DO NOT DO IT!
-Instead, let go of the ledge WITHOUT fast-falling, jump and poke with an aerial.
-Try fast-falling and re-grabbing the ledge for disorientation. Use as a surprise

XII. Edge-guarding
-Ledge-hogging: grab ledge, fast-fall, jump to grab ledge, repeat. Not as effective with Kirby, although it keeps him in a position for edge-guarding with b-air and other fun moves.
-D/B-airs are wonderful for stopping recovering foes.
-Chase them off the stage! Kirby is deadly off-stage.
-Look out for pesky air-dodges; it can make Kirby into the one recovering!
-Ledge-hopping opponents are shut down with aerials or possibly even a Kirbycide
-Do whatever you want with rolling opponents

XIII. Subtlety
What are some other minor things to take note? Here is an example list:
1. DI
2. Human input lag for aerial attack after jumping
3. Out of shield attacks
4. Incorrect follow-up move
5. Mind-games
6. ???

This should help Kirby mains new and old to critique themselves and each other!

As always, feel free to make comments. Critique the critique! I will probably move some of this information into the FAQ.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You press buttons really fast and move the control stick around..

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
Corruption,

A couple things, you didn't use nearly enough Bair. I saw you approach with Fair, which is fine I suppose but it's harder to control and is is more easily punished when they block it. A RAR'd Bair leaves a bit more control on your side to move away should they block or if you whiff the attack.

Used a Gonzo combo, nice, seemed to have a pretty good handle on the aerial hammer.

I'm not familiar with the Kirby Yoshi matchup, but I thought you could have used some more F-Smash as well seeing as how it it's rather powerful and quick. Also, a bit too much rolling. You rolled into your opponent a couple times which is really something you should try to avoid.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm wondering if this is a thread all character boards should have.
No. And yes. The rate my ____ thread I made a month ago didn't work out but the help with a match up thread I made also a month ago worked out well.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Corruption, good work there, however that Yoshi spent a good chunk of the match whiffing attacks so I didn't get to see if your Kirby was actually hella tight or if you were just beating up a poor dinosaur.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
God****it Asidoh... Haven't you noticed these "Rate me" threads are like heroine to me? Now we're going to have so many more and I'm going to feel morally obligated to watch them all, write 10 page wall of texts for each, scare off everyone else, and fail at my schoolwork because I was writing some Kirby critiques. Once that is done, I'll start posting some of myself, and all will witness my failure, call me out on my WoTs that cause people who read them to kill themselves in an Airplane! fashion, and I will have to write even more text to justify my inability to play this game. And it will be ALL...YOUR...FAULT!

:chuckle:

Seriously though, I'll watch that later Corr. If I start now I'll never get this paper done... (Actually, that's not a guarantee anyway...)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Not much to critique o_o you have a good Kirby, and you pretty much owned that Yoshi XD I totally saw that footstool coming when he jumped offstage

The only thing I saw was: don't pummel at 0%, they can get out of the grab after the first one if they struggle just a little.

Try some more bairs? That's about it :O

Airplane!
Dude, Airplane! is awesome. Everyone needs to watch it if they haven't already.

Wow, this thread is suddenly popular XD I thought it would die at first

Hopefully some of my matches Saturday will get recorded, and we'll see whether I'm any good or not ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Dude, Airplane! is awesome. Everyone needs to watch it if they haven't already.
No sense of guilt, or even a tad bit of remorse. Nope. Just "Hey look, that movie is awesome!" (Which it is. In fact, it is so good that words cannot do it justice. If you liked those 2 you should probably check out Hotshots 1 & 2 as well.)

Why am I still on these boards with a blank Word document open!?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay, first off, Blu, if you want us to critique you (I think that's what you mean), then you're going to have to post a video or cross some state lines :p

@ Corruption:

Oh god... my eyes, they burn from that Yoshi's horribleness... No wonder he doesn't want to give his name. He'd better have a **** good john, like having been attacked by rabid animals during the game or something.

Anyway, for you: You seem to know all the standard combos pretty well. Here's the thing though, you don't improvise. There were a few times where you hit with attacks that can be easily chained, like the FFed Nair and Dair, yet didn't follow up.

Also, more Bairs.

Don't use fast falled Dair so much to attack when coming down. Dair has very little priority. If that Yoshi had had half a brain, he could have hit you with Usmash or Uair, both kill moves that will hurt you very, very much. Also, Yoshi should have been approaching with Bair or just egg camping. Yoshi's Bair beats out all your aerials except your own Bair, so Fair approach wouldn't really work.

When he charges smashes, don't run into it... Sure, he didn't hit most of the time, but a half decent Yoshi would have (then again, a half decent Yoshi wouldn't charge smashes all that much.).

Now you know why you don't FC after Dthrow. It's doable after Uthrow at low percentages if the character DIs wrong, but generally speaking, FC isn't very good after throws.

Your inhales are FAR off the mark... You're not the only one with this problem though...

Your spot dodges seemed pretty good, as was your shielding and rolling, but you seemed to have a pattern with them, which I can't tell if that's because your opponent was easy to read, or a personal tick you picked up which a competent opponent would pick up on and punish (Unless they, like myself, are ******** and take four or five matches to pick up on stuff like that.).

I also loved the double stone thing.

All in all though, your Kirby seems fairly solid.

Anyway, I'll edit to include Shao in a minute. Going to change comps cause this one is getting really laggy...

Edit: Sorry Shao, you'll have to wait a day for your very own WoT. The Library's about to close.

Corruption.

Smash Rookie
Good ol' ShadowDragonG ^_^

A couple months ago I wasn't so great at Kirby, and then I requested to play him and Deg, and I played them a bunch of times, and I improved so much because of it @_@

I daresay I'm at least as good now as he was then (that video was posted in July) XD
I have not played against him myself, but my friend/dubs teammate/kirby teacher dude(lol) played against him and said that they were even....his screen name is either slayerjuan or slayrjuan...and he usually 2 stocks me with most of the SSBB cast :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, Corr, I know how that goes XD

The friends I play with now, I can't beat their mains to save my life (...****in' ROB...), but as soon as we go into random or team battles (which for me team battles ARE random, so meh), I tend to come out on top... too bad there aren't random tournies >.<

@Shao: I think I've already reviewed your video (or maybe another one of yours. I recognize the name...) in another thread, but what the hell, let's do it again.

Just so you know: Marth can UpB out of any Fthrow combo.

Whew, not sure why you were so obsessed with the shield breaker in the first match. I dunno... I personally hate that move. It was pretty cool when it hit though. Watch out though, you sailed right above his head once and could have easily been Utilted/Usmashed.

Watch out when you UpB at the low height you tend to do it at. He can spike you before you spin and grab the edge. You have 5 jumps: Use them.

Grounded hammer requires some heavy mindgames to hit with. Personally, I just never use it.

Wow... What an edgehog! That was simultaneously amazing and a shame. That right there killed you. You still had 4 jumps too...

You play a very aggressive Kirby, which I don't really know if that's good or bad. Personally, I try to be a bit more defensive myself, but you know, I'm not exactly the best Kirby out there, so I won't tell you to try to play more like me :p

Other than that I'm not really sure what to say. You have a pretty solid Kirby. Good job.

Anyway, tomorrow I may or may not have videos of myself against Paradigm, Scribble, and some others. (Depends if I get a camera and how badly I suck XD Why do you think I crapped out on the videos last week?)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
i need help with the MK matchup, plz and ty
Anything in particular? If not, look to the matchup thread. (Reading the OP is good!)

@Suspect:

Suspect, your Kirby was pretty good. The end was a shame.

However, for the entire first half of that match I was just thinking "If he keeps rolling through Snake, he's going to eat a bazooka shell", and I think you noticed that too... say, around 1:50 :laugh:

Meh, we all have compulsive rolling habits to break.

You have to watch out when comboing Snake though. This one didn't, but Snake can pull out a grenade and interrupt your combos.

Also, am I the only one who uses Stone when Snake does a Cypher below me? This isn't the only video I've seen it, but in this one you had two perfectly safe opportunities to Stone which were completely ignored. I dunno... seems to work for me.

DA: Not against Snake. Seriously, DA gets eaten alive by Snake's tilts.
FC: Yeah, don't land this on stage. I know you didn't do it much, but Snake only needs to tap B and boom, you find yourself landing a cutter on a grenade. The only exception to this would be if you get him in the air with it somehow or mindgame him into it.

Speaking of tilts... I saw only one Utilt from that Snake player in the whole game, and it didn't connect. Consider yourself lucky.

Also, how ******** of him to plant a mine on the top platform against a Kirby who can properly utilize a Utilt. Would have been more useful on the bottom platform... provided he didn't snakedash into it...

You might want to work on your spacing. Some of your attacks were done completely out of range and could have been easily punished, while you were running in like a maniac for others. Remember the range on Snake's tilts, should he actually chose to use them, and play cautiously to avoid being hit by them.

Also, this Snake, being an idiot, recovered against the edge EVERY time, with his C4 on stage might I add. Grab release him out of Cypher and laugh as he falls to his doom.

All in all, you played pretty well and were by far the better player. If only you hadn't SDed... Just be careful against Snake for most won't play like that, and your reckless approach will be punished over and over.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
can you link me plz? i just need help vs nado spammers and Mks that punish well out of shield

basically a general strat guide vs MK

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Suspect, there is a lot more to MK than the Nado. Hell, a Nado spamming MK is being really nice to Kirby, considering he has Kirby outprioritized in just about every way.

By the way, check the edit on the last post for a critique.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Anything in particular? If not, look to the matchup thread. (Reading the OP is good!)

@Suspect:

Suspect, your Kirby was pretty good. The end was a shame.

However, for the entire first half of that match I was just thinking "If he keeps rolling through Snake, he's going to eat a bazooka shell", and I think you noticed that too... say, around 1:50 :laugh:

Meh, we all have compulsive rolling habits to break.

You have to watch out when comboing Snake though. This one didn't, but Snake can pull out a grenade and interrupt your combos.

Also, am I the only one who uses Stone when Snake does a Cypher below me? This isn't the only video I've seen it, but in this one you had two perfectly safe opportunities to Stone which were completely ignored. I dunno... seems to work for me.

DA: Not against Snake. Seriously, DA gets eaten alive by Snake's tilts.
FC: Yeah, don't land this on stage. I know you didn't do it much, but Snake only needs to tap B and boom, you find yourself landing a cutter on a grenade. The only exception to this would be if you get him in the air with it somehow or mindgame him into it.

Speaking of tilts... I saw only one Utilt from that Snake player in the whole game, and it didn't connect. Consider yourself lucky.

Also, how ******** of him to plant a mine on the top platform against a Kirby who can properly utilize a Utilt. Would have been more useful on the bottom platform... provided he didn't snakedash into it...

You might want to work on your spacing. Some of your attacks were done completely out of range and could have been easily punished, while you were running in like a maniac for others. Remember the range on Snake's tilts, should he actually chose to use them, and play cautiously to avoid being hit by them.

Also, this Snake, being an idiot, recovered against the edge EVERY time, with his C4 on stage might I add. Grab release him out of Cypher and laugh as he falls to his doom.

All in all, you played pretty well and were by far the better player. If only you hadn't SDed... Just be careful against Snake for most won't play like that, and your reckless approach will be punished over and over.
yea i play a snake player who is really good and he always interrupts my combo's >_>

lmao yea after watching the video i thought to my self "i should of stoned him there"

I really wish the first match uploaded right, i 2 stocked him and did very good just ****-ing the **** outta him but oh well :(

at the end i dont understand why i didnt grab the ledge but i didnt even mean to do that, i guess the lag caught me cuz i went to use the hammer. I guess my finger slipped up a lil lol

~Shao~

Smash Ace
@fromundaman: I posted that video in aqua421 thread, but it didn't get an in-depth overview, so I posted it here. I really apreciate the time and effort you put on reviewing my match :D

Just so you know: Marth can UpB out of any Fthrow combo.
I know, but my friend usually forgets.

Whew, not sure why you were so obsessed with the shield breaker in the first match. I dunno... I personally hate that move. It was pretty cool when it hit though. Watch out though, you sailed right above his head once and could have easily been Utilted/Usmashed.
I don't like shield breaker too, I know I shouldn't have used that much.

Watch out when you UpB at the low height you tend to do it at. He can spike you before you spin and grab the edge. You have 5 jumps: Use them.
I'll focus more on not using up-b so low.

Grounded hammer requires some heavy mindgames to hit with. Personally, I just never use it.
I try not to use it much, but sometimes it escapes =/

Wow... What an edgehog! That was simultaneously amazing and a shame. That right there killed you. You still had 4 jumps too...
That edgehog was my mistake, I got nervous and ended up doing up-b too early. I forgot I had 4 jumps left.

You play a very aggressive Kirby, which I don't really know if that's good or bad. Personally, I try to be a bit more defensive myself, but you know, I'm not exactly the best Kirby out there, so I won't tell you to try to play more like me :p
I tend to get over-aggresive, which is nice against some characters, but bad against the ones with better range and/or speed, like Marth. My biggest problem is I know what I'm doing wrong and what to improve, but when the match starts, I just forget those things and end up doing the same mistakes I always do.

Other than that I'm not really sure what to say. You have a pretty solid Kirby. Good job.
Thanks for the input man ^^

EDIT: I hope to get more videos up by the end of next week.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No problem guys, I enjoy watching others/giving critique. It helps you and me alike.

@ Suspect: Yeah, you definitely should have ended up winning. As I said, you were MUCH better than that guy.

@ Shao:
I'll focus more on not using up-b so low.
Yeah, I used to do that too much until I started getting spiked like crazy. Plus if you start the cutter higher, you have free hits to anyone standing at the ledge, potentially mindgames if as you can either land or ledge grab, and it's difficult to come edgehog between the cutter swings (And FC has amazing priority and will go through most moves).

My biggest problem is I know what I'm doing wrong and what to improve, but when the match starts, I just forget those things and end up doing the same mistakes I always do.
Oh boy, you're not alone on that one. If/when I ever get a match video up, everyone who's ever read any of my posts is going to have a double take and go "Wait... THIS is the guy who gave me three pages of advice?!"

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Asidoh, maybe we should change the name of the thread to "Fromundaman's rants about your Kirbies". :laugh:

I have the same sort of problem as the last guy. I don't use my tilts enough, and I know I need to use them more, but I just forget.
Well, acknowleging the problem is half of the battle. I was until recently doing the same for my Fsmash actually... In fact, I still need to Fsmash more.

Hmmm... well, to tell you the truth, the easiest one to incorporate is the Utilt, since it fits into so many combos.

Here's some tips:

-Get into a habit of at least being ready to Utilt after Dthrow.
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to Ftilt after a Dair.
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to Dtilt after a Dash Pivot Cancel.
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to F/D/Utilt after a FFed Nair (I mainly use Ftilt and Dtilt for this.
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to do a tilt after a FFed AD.

-Don't always run/jump at your opponent. Sometimes just walking over and Ftilting can work when they don't expect it. And you'd be surprised how many times you can just walk over and repeat a Ftilt after the first connects.

If you manage to even start thinking of places to include tilts, or even just spend a few games getting used to putting as many in as possible, you'll start to get into a habit of remembering them. That's how I did it.

When I first switched to Kirby in Brawl, tilts were virtually non-existent for me. Now I keep accidentally Utilting as Ganon due to a force of habit (And when it comes to Utilts, Ganon is the one character you REALLY don't want to Utilt with...).

~Shao~

Smash Ace
As fromundaman said, walking while doing f-tilt can be effective. Also, after shielding it's better to f-tilt/d-tilt, not only keeping your f-smash fresh, but it's also harder to punish a tilt than a smash.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to Ftilt after a Dair.
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to Dtilt after a Dash Pivot Cancel.
-Get into a habit of at least being ready to F/D/Utilt after a FFed Nair (I mainly use Ftilt and Dtilt for this.
ok what exactly is a dash pivot cancel?

and for all you aspiring kirbies out there, my advice on the other two tips up there...

1) after dair there are a ton of good options. if it doesnt push them far away, use ftilt like fromundaman said. if it does, use either dash grab or dash attack (if you anticipate they will spotdodge.) If it trips them or bounces them off the ground, then use fsmash.

2) I think the neutral a combo is the preferred move out of a FFed Nair rather than the tilts, but i guess if it sends them just barely too far away, ftilt or dtilt could be useful here.

3) dont use tilts everywhere just for the sake of using them. sometimes a smash or aerial is the better alternative. that doesnt mean tilts arent extremely useful though (mainly utilt which is like 1 of kirby's best moves)

4) spot dodge-->utilt is amazing. almost always better than spot dodge-->dsmash. but not always.

and yea fromundaman, i know exactly what you mean about the utilts with ganon. i HATE that.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I was just listing possibilities. They aren't always the best option, but the way I got used to tilting was to seriously play a few matches (against CPUs so no one could witness it) where every follow up I could was a tilt, more to get used to doing it and being able to, even in the middle of a match, remember I have that option.

Dash Pivot Cancel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZg0f8RTMOg
You've probably done it before honestly.

Hmmm... what are other options out of FFed Nair? I honestly don't do it all that much, and when I do I either end up tilting, Fsmashing or grabbing.

Spot dodging>Utilt is a good bit of advice. I should start doing that more.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
-Don't always run/jump at your opponent. Sometimes just walking over and Ftilting can work when they don't expect it. And you'd be surprised how many times you can just walk over and repeat a Ftilt after the first connects.
This man speaks the truth. I pull this off every so often, just spam ftilt while walking toward the opponent, great shield pressure, or great attack.

Spot dodging>Utilt is a good bit of advice. I should start doing that more.
Yes you should.

Some months ago when I was notsogood, I never used tilts. I kept hearing how good uptilt is, so I started consciously forcing myself to use it every match, and I learned it's good to use..

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I kept hearing how good uptilt is, so I started consciously forcing myself to use it every match, and I learned it's good to use..
I actually meant I never spot dodge, since I don't really know what to do out of it other than grab. I used to spot dodge too much, now I never do. Arg! Is there no middle ground?

Utilt is amazing though. If anyone needs any sort of advice: Utilt more! It stops golf clubs to your face! What more can you ask from such a move? (Other than how a puffball with no legs is that flexible anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom