• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I want people to stop talking abut Sonic already...

We can at least talk about someone that's interesting!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike should never drop below mid-tier, yet people seem to think half of the tier below him should be above him. >_>

/different topic

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Because some of the characters below him are actually better than him? Go figure.

/opinion.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Ike is a very underrated character. Unfortunately locally Ike is very overplayed and none of the players are any good. Although once you start getting away a little more and finding players from farther away you start seeing more variety, and I have definitely seen some noteworthy Ike players. Yeah, Ike is no high tier material, but he is definitely overlooked quite often as well.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Too bad you're both wrong. :laugh: Both Ness and Mario are not moving on past Ike. Particularly Ness because you'd have to prove he's better then Mario as well, which I don't see happening.

That, and based by the numbers in the tier, Ness doesn't have a chance unless some really major developments occur in his metagame, and Mario isn't exactly close to Ike either. Granted, Ike isn't likely to move back above Sheik, but I've always thought where he is currently is his perfect spot. Bottom of what should of been mid-tier.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Too bad you're both wrong. :laugh: Both Ness and Mario are not moving on past Ike. Particularly Ness because you'd have to prove he's better then Mario as well, which I don't see happening.

That, and based by the numbers in the tier, Ness doesn't have a chance unless some really major developments occur in his metagame, and Mario isn't exactly close to Ike either. Granted, Ike isn't likely to move back above Sheik, but I've always thought where he is currently is his perfect spot. Bottom of what should of been mid-tier.
Opinion remember?

I don't see why Ness couldn't move up ahead in the tier list. Who knows, SBR might do some research on Ness... In what... 2-3 years.

Ike can go suck a tangerine. Seriously, he's fine at bottom of mid... For now.

LOL-tastic drawing.

i was surprised, i thought he would go down. with all the grab release stuff being found out against him, and random chars having random infinites against him, i was surprised that he didnt go down O.o
Wario is a good character, and does grab releases are nothing too game breaking. He still *****.

And Ness and Mario have been at it for years, can't they just settle their differences and kindly let the other one win? (preferably Mario XD)

Tourney results wise, those two are the best candidate for mid.
And Lucas being equal to Ness=Metagross being the same thing as Bronzong because their Stell type pokemon.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Ness did not dominate the SSB64 Tiers. Pikachu and Kirby dominated him, and to be honest Fox and Falcon were probably right about as good as Ness as well. Ness's recovery was, and still is, his bane.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I'm guessing he's talking about the other Smash Bros... they all had Ness and Mario, eh? Though Ness dominated the SSB64 Tiers, I'm pretty sure they're rather close in melee (as in neither of them are Fox or Marth).
LOL

Ness was garbage in melee. Top of bottom vs mid tier Mario. He wasn't even close to him!

Ness did not dominate the SSB64 Tiers. Pikachu and Kirby dominated him, and to be honest Fox and Falcon were probably right about as good as Ness as well. Ness's recovery was, and still is, his bane.
Wrong-o Ness dominated anyone not named kirby/pikachu.
He beat Falcon and Fox. Ness recovery was not a problem in 64. Considering it's distance and peoples like of gimping. Against Pikachu and Kirby maybe...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I was playing on the fact that Brawl is the only smash game where there has been any kind of rivalry between the Ness and Mario boards, and most of it just comes from the Ness boards.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
LOL

Ness was garbage in melee. Top of bottom vs mid tier Mario. He wasn't even close to him!
I should probably LOOK at the melee tier list before I post somethin like that...
Well I guess it doesn't really matter since they both are garbage to Fox and Marth anyways...

I was playing on the fact that Brawl is the only smash game were there has any kind of rivalry between the Ness and Mario boards, and most of it just comes from the Ness boards.
Edit: Ohhhh... Meh, I guess I'm all cooped up in the ZSS boards to know what goes on anywhere

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Hmmm. I've always been kind of confused about Link's standing on the tier lists. He's an extremely good character, in my opinion. His Dair can counter aerial attacks pretty well and has amazing knockback, not to mention it's easy to kill MK players when they shuttle loop. His recovery is bad, yes, we're all aware, but I've seen some amazing Link players. Link definitely has potential to move up in my opinion.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hmmm. I've always been kind of confused about Link's standing on the tier lists. He's an extremely good character, in my opinion. His Dair can counter aerial attacks pretty well and has amazing knockback, not to mention it's easy to kill MK players when they shuttle loop. His recovery is bad, yes, we're all aware, but I've seen some amazing Link players. Link definitely has potential to move up in my opinion.
I think Links good too. But Sakurai had to go and be he stupid self.

He nerfed Links recovery to the point of it being unsuable. Link dies waaaaay to early due to his really bad recovery.

Seriously, with Link I always go to pirate ship. Always

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Kirby had a decent recovery actually. And Link would not be such a bad character if he wasn't given such a bad recovery. It's his bane. Link would actually be a decent character if he could recover well. What about any of the Zelda games ever gave Sakurai the impression that Link was a slow and heavy character? lol if anything Link is actually pretty agile even as a 17 year old "adult" and not to mention the fact that he was actually made pretty fast in the Brawl videos in subspace emissary. 0 sense.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Everybody had bad recoveries in 64 except for pikachu. Seriously.
Yeah. I couldn't agree with you more. I was playing with a friend, and not only do their recoveries go virtually nowhere, but there's no magnetic force like brawl. :( It's not like "Oh, I'm only 5 feet away from the ledge, I'll still grab it". You just......die......yeah.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
But Kirby did not have a bad recovery. His recovery was good enough to where he can lay some good D-air gimps, and return easily, and he could still come back from very far away. Yes, predictable and gimpable, but not entirely bad. Mario probably does take number 3 on recovery though IMO. Pikachu has the best though, easy.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Kirby had a decent recovery actually. And Link would not be such a bad character if he wasn't given such a bad recovery. It's his bane. Link would actually be a decent character if he could recover well. What about any of the Zelda games ever gave Sakurai the impression that Link was a slow and heavy character? lol if anything Link is actually pretty agile even as a 17 year old "adult" and not to mention the fact that he was actually made pretty fast in the Brawl videos in subspace emissary. 0 sense.
I wish they at lest made links hock shot the long shot version when in the air and may be let his boomerang that is able to control wind to a point able to kind of work like Mario cap in that it stops him mid air! Any way i would like to see zss go up more i think she can be one of the greats.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I wish they at lest made links hock shot the long shot version when in the air and may be let his boomerang that is able to control wind to a point able to kind of work like Mario cap in that it stops him mid air! Any way i would like to see zss go up more i think she can be one of the greats.
I think you meant Hookshot. I should note in Brawl Link does not use the hookshot, he uses the clawshot.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I doubt you'll make it long in the ZSS boards with that grammar....
Escape while you still can!

Jski

Smash Apprentice
I doubt you'll make it long in the ZSS boards with that grammar....
Escape while you still can!
I never say any thing on that board lol. Sry for the bad grammar i have a problem with it and spelling. Any way back to link if i could do all of his adv. tech then i would play him a lot more but he soo hard do all of his tech.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Falco has always been Top Tier, But in melee he fell drastically to being the worst Top Tier but now in brawl hes better than ever Go Go Go Faruko :)

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Too bad he's such a boring character (in Barlw).

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
:falcon:

Woooooo....when did somone attack me? I simply stated that bowser could move up.

1. I never said he'd move up to C rank or anything. I simply meant a bump higher.

2. Attacked? I didn't see anyone "attack" me. They simply stated an argument against mine. Since when has that been considered an "attack"? Fix your definition of attack plz >_>

*Smacks you with a stick.*
i said they attacked your argument, or had a conflict concerning it.
hence why I used attack.
you yourself was not attacked, or had any conflict, your argument did.
*flicks you with a stick*

I am so nice i hit you twice.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Less talk about Sonic. More talk about the opinions of Ganondorf and Falcon as far as them being placed one over the other. I personally see more potential and ability in Ganondorf, since he at least has power and the ability to set up tech chasing to overcome some of his shortcomings, but then again, I'm not all that knowledgeable about Falcon either. Educate me.
As for who's better between Falcon and Ganondorf, I can't really say.

I think one of the main things is that Falcon isn't a combo machine (though, really it's not like a large part of the cast is) nor a complete sandbag, and alot of people need to get that through their thick skulls.

He trades hits alot, especially in midair, but his attacks (per hit) deal quite a bit of damage, which can be a good thing, considering how certain popular characters have low-damage hits. However, as it stands, alot of people keep thinking about the whole "FALCON HAS NO COMBOS! I CAN AIRDODGE!" and when they go up against their first competent player using Falcon, they have issues because they airdodge into crap.

Also, his foxtrot/foxtrot dance/dashdance is better than Sonic's, IMHO.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo, ive seen some rediculous brawl CF combos why do they never AD out of it?

like double up airs and flub knee to justice knee, and single jump double up air to double jump up air...

is that junk true comboes, cause i see it all the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom