• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
good sir, I was not making an argument at all

I just said people know me and I'm a top player regardless of bias/hate/whatever, and nobody knows who that guy is (the truth)

I know what you're saying, which is why arguments coming from someone like, who's not a top player, are valid to me
Ah I se, then I shall retract my earlier statement and objection!
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3318840

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Inui, not to shoot you down but, I am the type that views a persons words and arguments as the validity for their statements.

Not for whom they are, you can be jesus when playing melee or Brawl, but it doesn't go hand in hand with your arguments.

So strike that second part out since its somewhat hurtful to your first statement.
*smacks you with an objection as well*

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3318830
WHERE U AT SON?1

The tier lists shouldn't end up more divided with 8 columns. Just bump Falcon to E tier and call it a day.:falcon:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
When Inui said MK was 4th best, he was referring to his beliefs that Olimar, Snake, and Wario are in some way better than MK.

Olimar he previously thought was the best character.

Now he thinks it is Snake.

And for teams he has Wario ranked higher than MK.

I solved the puzzle guys. What's my prize?

:D D: :D D:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm surprised anyone actually takes this thread seriously.
Tier doesn't affect character, just a mere reflection of its growth in the current game.
No offense to the people who make the tier lists, of course.
/troll
On topic: Yoshi vs. Samus/Jiggz, is Samus' placement (notice how I said "placement") due for a climb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh, I love the fact how people say stuff about me that's not true but it's OK for random scrubs to claim that Ike has no match-up worse than 3/7 and get away with it. Also, Ike is the 5th worst character :p

:059:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
When Inui said MK was 4th best, he was referring to his beliefs that Olimar, Snake, and Wario are in some way better than MK.

You get the gay gym badge from Koga. Master of gayness.

Other people: Yes, my tier list is better than the SBR. And I am just one person. People are just hating on me cause I sound arrogant. But when you put work into something, and alot of thought into it, it becomes good enough to say it's the best.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Other people: Yes, my tier list is better than the SBR. And I am just one person. People are just hating on me cause I sound arrogant. But when you put work into something, and alot of thought into it, it becomes good enough to say it's the best.
And your work and knowlegde is better and greater than the best players' and biggest tournament hosts'.

And you also haven't answered my questions.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Not when it's wrong.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

No. Olimar is too gayed by stages and limited by human limitations. One mistake can lose him a whole stock too easily. Wario and MK are definitely comparable in teams, but I'll give MK the nod since he's more versatile. I've always thought Snake was the best in singles, and I still do. Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong are quite dumb as well.

My "belief" that MK is "4th best" is just based on my region. Snake, Ice Climbers, and Diddy Kong win everything in Atantic North with occassional wins from ChuDat's Kirby and other stuff like that. Meta Knight wins nothing, even with people like myself, ksizzle, and Shadow repping MK.

MK is obviously not the 4th best. He's just...the 4th best in my region, lol.

I'm surprised anyone actually takes this thread seriously.
qft

Gindler

Smash Champion
Countless problems in that list.

I'm gonna cry cause Yoshi is above Mario. WAAAAHH...:sonic:
Yoshi is better than mario though, according to tien though only the top 10 characters matter in the tier list. Everyone else is just crap :)

Also, I'll agree with Inui that snakes better than MK. Just because of the fact I do better against MK, and I think snake's dumb.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No. Olimar is too gayed by stages and limited by human limitations. One mistake can lose him a whole stock too easily. Wario and MK are definitely comparable in teams, but I'll give MK the nod since he's more versatile. I've always thought Snake was the best in singles, and I still do. Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong are quite dumb as well.

My "belief" that MK is "4th best" is just based on my region. Snake, Ice Climbers, and Diddy Kong win everything in Atantic North with occassional wins from ChuDat's Kirby and other stuff like that. Meta Knight wins nothing, even with people like myself, ksizzle, and Shadow repping MK.

MK is obviously not the 4th best. He's just...the 4th best in my region, lol.

qft
Inui, calm down sir.

CALM DOWN!

Cmon I'm obviously not serious lol. The end of my post was "What's my Prize?" followed by random happy and unhappy smilies. No need to justify yourself sir.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, calm down sir.

CALM DOWN!

Cmon I'm obviously not serious lol. The end of my post was "What's my Prize?" followed by random happy and unhappy smilies. No need to justify yourself sir.
I just wanted to explain myself in case people actually thought that about me. I know you don't.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I just wanted to explain myself in case people actually thought that about me. I know you don't.
Dang.

Giving a serious answer to a joke post.

I stopped doing that awhile ago cause I'm too lazy to elaborate.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
And your work and knowlegde is better and greater than the best players' and biggest tournament hosts'.

And you also haven't answered my questions.
Your questions are irrevelant to the topic at hand. A lot of pro players all use top/high tier characters. So the pro players don't really understand the lower tiers, even though they may win every tournament. They only care to understand the most used tournament characters which are top/high tier characters. This is why past B tier the tier list is flawed.

Pro players knowledge is overated. They are no different from you or me. They just have more time to play with other people, and they play to win. No one is really born with natural talent to play brawl, only instincts are something your born with, not skill. It's not like this is basketball, where the taller player has the advantage. It all depends on your mindset.

Your problem is your overestimating pro players knowledge. In the first tier list, they put Ganon over Captain Falcon, claiming Captain Falcon to be the worst character in brawl, I debated it, and saw more potential in C. Falcon. I debated Ganon is the worst. And obviously Ganon is the worst character in brawl now. But it was the Pro players and tournament hosts who made that decision to put Captain Falcon as the worst character. Nothing below B tier really matters to them. So stop putting so much faith in them, and find out information on your own, that's how I do it.

And whenever I'm not sure of something, I just ask the question in the character boards.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Your questions are irrevelant to the topic at hand.
No. No they aren't.

A lot of pro players all use top/high tier characters.
Most top players however have a general better understanding of the game, and the majority of them also plays Low Tier characters for Low Tier events or the lulz. Ally plays Falcon, M2K plays Ike I believe.

Pro players knowledge is overated. They are no different from you or me.
lol.

Your problem is your overestimating pro players knowledge.
No. I don't.

In the first tier list, they put Ganon over Captain Falcon, claiming Captain Falcon to be the worst character in brawl, I debated it, and saw more potential in C. Falcon. I debated Ganon is the worst. And obviously Ganon is the worst character in brawl now.
Yea. When we made this version of the tier list, we were having a debate and someone was like "Hey guys, CaliburChamp said that Ganon is the worst and belongs below Captain Falcon! We HAVE to correct that, otherwise we'll look like dumba**es!". That's exactly how it went. You should know - after all you were using someone else's account to go into our subforum.

But it was the Pro players and tournament hosts who made that decision to put Captain Falcon as the worst character.
Yes, and it was remedied. Don't use the older tier lists as "argument", cause they are not up to date.

Nothing below B tier really matters to them.
lol.

So stop putting so much faith in them, and find out information on your own, that's how I do it.
You are aware of the fact, though, that the "information" you found out can be flawed or incorrect? You are aware of the fact that your point of view is not the right all the time?
The positive aspect about being a group of people is that there are other angles people look at something and the input and opinions are different so there's an exchange of information and experiences.
One person alone will never have more accurate results than a group.

And whenever I'm not sure of something, I just ask the question in the character boards.
Okay, you officially disqualified yourself as "authority", lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Your questions are irrevelant to the topic at hand. A lot of pro players all use top/high tier characters. So the pro players don't really understand the lower tiers, even though they may win every tournament. They only care to understand the most used tournament characters which are top/high tier characters. This is why past B tier the tier list is flawed.

I use Snake, Marth, Dedede, and Meta Knight in tournaments because I want to win.

The characters I put the most time and practice into and use the most in friendlies? Ike and Ganondorf. In fact, I specialize in dominating low tier tournaments these days and my region is full of excellent low tier players.

I know lots of top players with amazing low tiers. Mew2King has the best Ike imo, Lee Martin's Ike and CF are insanely good, PX has a beastly Ganondorf, Vex mains Bowser and has the best Ganondorf imo, Snakeee has really good Zelda, NinjaLink is good with almost everyone, etc. In fact, most top players probably have some good low tiers and decent low tier experience at this point.

Pro players knowledge is overated. They are no different from you or me. They just have more time to play with other people, and they play to win. No one is really born with natural talent to play brawl, only instincts are something your born with, not skill. It's not like this is basketball, where the taller player has the advantage. It all depends on your mindset.

We (pro players) are far different from you. It's not that we have more time. Many of us invest very little time.

Our understanding of Brawl dwarfs yours. We understand high level play; high level tech skill, high level mindgames, high level concepts that you don't get yet. That makes us way more suited to make something like a tier list.

Your problem is your overestimating pro players knowledge. In the first tier list, they put Ganon over Captain Falcon, claiming Captain Falcon to be the worst character in brawl, I debated it, and saw more potential in C. Falcon. I debated Ganon is the worst. And obviously Ganon is the worst character in brawl now. But it was the Pro players and tournament hosts who made that decision to put Captain Falcon as the worst character. Nothing below B tier really matters to them. So stop putting so much faith in them, and find out information on your own, that's how I do it.

Ah, what a common tactic, to pick at one mistake and make a big deal of it. Having Captain Falcon one spot below Ganondorf instead of one spot above him isn't much of a mistake. It's very minor. While I strongly feel Ganondorf is the worst character, it's not totally unreasonable for Captain Falcon to be considered the worst. You are making a mountain out of an ant hill. The tier list the SBR made is much more accurate than one someone like you, with very little experience and no understanding of high level play, can make on their own.

How sad, that you would address cesspools of theory fighters and wifi players over the true top players...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Oni: Thats a load of nonsense. Just because I ask questions I'm disqualified as "authority." Knowledge is power, you get knowledge from asking questions. Your just starting to sound dumb now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thats a load of nonsense. Just because I ask questions I'm disqualified as "authority." Knowledge is power, you get knowledge from asking questions.
Of course, people who do nothing but theorycrafting and Wifi-only players are a far better and more reliable source of information than the people who win offline tournaments with those characters and their input in our discussions.

Your just starting to sound dumb now.
At least I have a proper grasp of your language.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

I use Snake, Marth, Dedede, and Meta Knight in tournaments because I want to win.

The characters I put the most time and practice into and use the most in friendlies? Ike and Ganondorf. In fact, I specialize in dominating low tier tournaments these days and my region is full of excellent low tier players.

I know lots of top players with amazing low tiers. Mew2King has the best Ike imo, Lee Martin's Ike and CF are insanely good, PX has a beastly Ganondorf, Vex mains Bowser and has the best Ganondorf imo, Snakeee has really good Zelda, NinjaLink is good with almost everyone, etc. In fact, most top players probably have some good low tiers and decent low tier experience at this point.

We (pro players) are far different from you. It's not that we have more time. Many of us invest very little time.

Our understanding of Brawl dwarfs yours. We understand high level play; high level tech skill, high level mindgames, high level concepts that you don't get yet. That makes us way more suited to make something like a tier list.

Ah, what a common tactic, to pick at one mistake and make a big deal of it. Having Captain Falcon one spot below Ganondorf instead of one spot above him isn't much of a mistake. It's very minor. While I strongly feel Ganondorf is the worst character, it's not totally unreasonable for Captain Falcon to be considered the worst. You are making a mountain out of an ant hill. The tier list the SBR made is much more accurate than one someone like you, with very little experience and no understanding of high level play, can make on their own.

How sad, that you would address cesspools of theory fighters and wifi players over the true top players...
I have no time to debate you Inui. Come to a South FL tournament, and I'll money match you personally.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

This. Is. Inui.

Edit: And Inui of course you must justify yourself, how else will i get you to explain things to people who don't know better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
While my method of expressing it is fairly troll'ish, there is one undeniable truth when it comes to discussions of ANY kind:

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
one truth prevails
Sweetheart, I love you too.
However, I would like you to stop saying I'm a scrub who doesn't know jack****. If I wouldn't be a valuable asset to the SBR, I would've been kicked out long ago. I'm still in there, though, so I guess my input is valuable.

But of course, Flayl, the God of Brawl, who is beating every player in the world and hosting tournaments with 9001 attendees knows everything about every aspect in the game better than anyone else.
see my above quote and responce.
You're dumb, lol. I'm usually right because I just post facts. You know, proven stuff that can't be questioned. It's just people (like you) are extremely biased and ignorant.

Idc what you think my name is. At least people know it and I'm unquestionably important and a top player. Who are you? :)
so you do whatever it takes to make your name known? good to know.
At least I have a proper grasp of your language.
burnnnnnnnnnn..

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol at the dude whos spent the last 2 days in this thread saying he has no time.

You know Inui sucks when THIS GUY makes up excuses to not talk to him.

You've clearly got it wrong. My post isn't counterable by the likes of him, so obviously he won't bother debating me. And besides, everyone knows I will go farther than anyone else in a debate. I will win.

Edit: Have you seen my Fire Emblem debates? >_>;

CaliburChamp thinks he can beat Inui?

LMFAO
nah man I'm horrible, just ask everyone :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
see my above quote and responce.
If you can point me to the posting where I said that I know more than anyone else (like CaliburChamp does), I will try to justify myself.

Truth to be told: I know there would have been choices of people in this forum who would've probably been more "deserving" of getting into the SBR before me. However, I repeat: Apparently my inputs are valuable, otherwise I would've been removed from the SBR in the last wave of removals. I'm still in there, so I guess that I am "worthy" of being in there.

I've never tried to be arrogant, I never claimed to be a top player or a top host. However, I do think that my understanding of the metagame and Brawl in general is undeniable. And I do think that most of the SBR members will agree with that.

So... There might have been better choices, but I was chosen to be admitted. I wouldn't have been admitted if there wasn't a reason for the SBR leadership to do so, and I would've been removed if there was a reason for the SBR leadership to think I wasn't a valuable asset. I won't leave the SBR just because you don't like me having a purple name.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ shiba.

I wasnt attackin you, just sayin, dont talk about how unqualified and unskilled people are, if YOU dont even think youre good enough to be in the SBR. which is the feeling im getting.

@inui

quick aside to something you said in passing.

shadow is buns, and I am better than him. true story and i cna prove it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Eh, I love the fact how people say stuff about me that's not true but it's OK for random scrubs to claim that Ike has no match-up worse than 3/7 and get away with it. Also, Ike is the 5th worst character
Yes sir, people like San and Kirk who win tournaments with Ike, while beating some of Ike's worse match-ups (Olimar, Falco, and MK I know for sure happened) in the process are just random scrubs who are wrong when they say Ike has nothing worse then 3/7. No sir, they is no way they know more about Ike then you, a guy who as far as I know has never used Ike in a tournament. /sarcasm.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@ shiba.

I wasnt attackin you, just sayin, dont talk about how unqualified and unskilled people are, if YOU dont even think youre good enough to be in the SBR. which is the feeling im getting.
I was not talking about unqualified or unskilled people, I was asking about his experience offline. That's all. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, when did I ever say that I don't think I'm good enough to be in the SBR? I said I was most likely not the best choice and that there are people who probably should've been admitted before me. That doesn't, by all means, equal into "I don't deserve to be in the SBR at all.".
I might not be a top player, I'll admit that first, but go around, ask. Ask around if the SBR members or the people I know closer/in real life think I'm a scrub or don't know jack****. Ask. I'm sure many people will tell you that my knowledge is big and it's undeniable that I have an understanding of that game that not everyone has.

Just because I can't move my fingers quick enough to win against, say, Armada or something, doesn't mean that I don't have the ability to know stuff.

Also, just because you can beat decent or good players it doesn't mean that you know a lot about the game. There's good people who would never get into the SBR simply because their general understanding of the game lacks, or because they are not able to conclude logically enough. Or even because their attitude would hurt the agenda and make discussing impossible.

I repeat: I was admitted into the SBR because its leadership decided to. Just because you think you're better than me or deserve to be in the SBR more doesn't mean I will leave the SBR or that you'll be admitted.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I want at that Yoshi too! :bee:

Also your sig is beast. Snake is indeed dumb. What a cheat code. :(
Lol, aight I'll save some money for you to take from me. Last time you and chu came down you guys embarrassed florida :)

Ha, I've been meaning to take off the green part actually but my friend made it for me :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes sir, people like San and Kirk who win tournaments with Ike, while beating some of Ike's worse match-ups (Olimar, Falco, and MK I know for sure happened) in the process are just random scrubs who are wrong when they say Ike has nothing worse then 3/7. No sir, they is no way they know more about Ike then you, a guy who as far as I know has never used Ike in a tournament. /sarcasm.
Did Kirk and San ever beat a good Falco? A good Olimar? A good D3? A good MK? The answer is obviously no.

The fact that they there are tournaments that are won by Ike is telling more about the tournament than the Ike player btw. Point is that a Falco player should NEVER lose to an Ike, no matter who the Ike player is. If the Falco player can add 1 and 1 he'll find out quickly that it takes minimal effort to win the match-up with ease.

:059:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Kirk beat Arty, who is apparently the best Falco in the Midwest (or w/e area it is). Has done so multiple times. I think the Olimar was blackwaltz or something like that, I'd have to dig through who knows how many pages of the Ike General Discussion topic to find it. Kirk also go to the tournaments Lain goes to...or at least once he has and placed top 8. It's not a terrible area like you seem to think.

They beat good players, you're simply too busy sticking your fingers in your ears going LA LA LA I CAN'T HEEEEEEEEEEEAR YOU!

Do you honestly think your scrubbish random MU match ratios are better then an entire board's worth of people who use Ike everyday? What, it's not like we have Ike mains going against people like Hylian or Xyro or Espy or K Prime or anything like that...OH WAIT.

Seriously, I'd trust YesNoMaybeSo's MUs about Ike LONG before I'd trust yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom