• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
how can one of the top players (lain)

say big whoop about losing to a ness as D3?

yea no one cares anymore but its not something you can discredit fow for

Gindler

Smash Champion
how can one of the top players (lain)

say big whoop about losing to a ness as D3?

yea no one cares anymore but its not something you can discredit fow for
You act like ness vs. D3 is horrible for ness (40-60 being unwinnable is new to me). Ness is fairly good at staying away from D3's grab.

And he said big whoop because it was POOLS and he probably made it out of the pools reguardless if he loses to a good ness.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's to bad a tier list determines a character at their highest level of play, isn't it?
Certainly! I was just saying that I think Ganon has a higher chance of winning a tournament, although they both have practically zero chance. Let's face it: the only chance either of them have is that every opponent they run into doesn't know the match-up, and in that case, Ganon would win more matches because even though he isn't as good a character, you actually have to know what you're doing to fight one.

Take ZSS for instance. She isn't as good as ANY S tier character, but you have to know how to fight her or you're going to lose.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
First of all: Yes, Ness is lower then he should be, but he shouldn't be raised more then 3 or 4 spots; he's not that good.

Second: Just because a good Ness player beat a good DDD player doesn't mean Ness goes up 10 spots. As mush as I'd want Ness to go up that much, he won't based on one match.

Conclusion : Ness is underanked, but not by much. (Similar to Jigglypuff or PT)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
When will people realize that Lucario and Pit are A-Tier characters whereas G&W and Kirby are not?

:059:
Can people please stop saying A tier, B tier, whatever. It would make it easier to understand if you said Top tier, High tier, Middle tier, etc. And Gheb, how many characters would you place in top tier (S tier)? I only have MK and Snake in Top tier.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Gheb, I agree that lucario is A tier, but pit?

@CaliberChamp: it's really easy to understand S,A,B,C,D,E tier, as most other fighting games use that notation.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Gheb, I agree that lucario is A tier, but pit?

@CaliberChamp: it's really easy to understand S,A,B,C,D,E tier, as most other fighting games use that notation.
We didn't have any of this A tier, B tier crap in melee's tier list. So why brawl? For someone who is new to the game, they may think S tier is the worst, since it doesn't go in alphabetical order. But whatever, I'm thinking of a new standard now actually...

I think Middle tier should be one big tier altogether. With both C and D tier combined together to make it just C tier.

I made 6 tiers instead of 7, cause I felt like both C and D tier can both compete against each other fairly well, to a certain degree in competition. However, they are still ranked in order. Here's an example with my tier list.

Tier 1 (Galaxy) God Tier.
Meta Knight 10.0
Snake 9.9

Tier 2 (Moon) Top Tier.
Diddy Kong 9.7
Wario 9.6
Falco 9.5
King Dedede 9.4
Marth 9.3
Pikachu 9.2
Ice Climbers 9.1

Tier 3 (Sky) High Tier.
Mr. Game & Watch 8.9
Olimar and Pikmin 8.7
Zero Suit Samus 8.6
Toon Link 8.4
Pit 8.3
ROB 8.2
Lucario 8.1
Kirby 8.0

Tier 4 (Mountain) Middle Tier.
Donkey Kong 7.9
Peach 7.8
Luigi 7.7
Squirtle 7.6 (Independent.)
Fox 7.5
Wolf 7.4
Zelda/Shiek 7.2(Used as both)
Squirtle Trainer 7.0 (70% Squirtle. 25% Charizard. 5% Ivysaur.)
Shiek 6.8
Ness 6.7
Lucas 6.6
Charizard Trainer 6.5 (70% Charizard. 25% Squirtle. 5% Ivysaur.)
Sonic 6.4
Charizard 6.2 (Independent.)
Pokemon Trainer 6.2 (Balanced. All 3 pokemon used equally.)
Bowser 6.1

Tier 5 (Earth) Low Tier.
Yoshi 5.9
Zelda 5.8
Ike 5.7
Ivysaur Trainer 5.6 (70% Ivysaur. 25% Squirtle. 5% Charizard.)
Mario 5.5
Samus 5.3
Jigglypuff 5.1
Ivysaur 5.0 (Independent)

Tier 6 (Underground) Bottom Tier.
Captain Falcon 4.9
Link 4.7
Ganondorf 4.4
Popo 4.2
Nana 4.2

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Because Solimar's a playstyle choice, Popo or Nana alone is when they got separated and the other climber got *****.

sopo does not = nana AI

and playing zelda alone is a playstyle and is still counted.

solimar is playstyle and therefore should be counted

Tien2500

Smash Lord
sopo does not = nana AI

Is there a single person who actually intentionally uses Olimar without Pikmin intentionally for any period of time? Neither popo/nana/solimar should have their own tier list placement.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have done Solomar Dittos with Zori one time as like a $1 MM. Longest, most grueling ditto ever.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
sopo does not = nana AI

And playing Zelda or sheik alone should not be counted, but that's a major rant right there, however, realistically there's a great deal more that must be put into playing Zelda/Sheik then solimar alone in terms of learning the characters, and changing is a great deal more intensive.

Also, you choice whether you control nana or popo based on your IC color.

There have been moments where Olimar loses all his Pikmin. I've certainly seen it happen.
Those are counted in the olimar match-up, solimar is only when you refuse to pluck pikmin.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'm honestly curious on how Calibur got his numbers.

Considering the fact that the SBR tier list, they were all supposed to be averages of all the members, did Calibur just average himself multiple times?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Considering the fact that the SBR tier list, they were all supposed to be averages of all the members, did Calibur just average himself multiple times?
I think it was a "true potential" measuring, basically he was measuring them on a ratio scale, and using them, ranked them on an ordinal one.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
How can you separate Nana and Popo, and not have Solimar?
It's kind of common for an IC main to be separated from Nana. Therefore I put them as individuals too. Solimar would actually be in his own separate tier... useless tier. Far below bottom tier, lol. You can't KO til very high % and you can't recover. With Solimar it's not common for Olimar to be Pikmin less, he can instantly pluck Pikmin. I never saw one match in my life where Olimar was Pikminless. But once Nana dies, you can't get her back until your next stock, that's the difference. That's why I didn't put Sololimar on my tier list.

I'd probably put Single Popo above Ganondorf...

Just sayin.
I thought so too, so then I tested it out. I played Solo Popo, and Ganon. I won more games with Ganon than with Solo Popo. Then I found out why. Solo Popo is too weak to beat anyone that is at low %. If Nana dies when your opponent is at high %, then your more likely to get a stock off your opponent with Solo Popo, but if your opponent is at 0% and you lose Nana, your not going to take a stock off your opponent, it will take too long to get your opponent to kill %. Ganon doesn't have that problem. Ganon is slightly better than Solo Popo. And I studied up on Solo Popo and Ganon on smashboards before I actually tested them out. Even with Solo Popo chain grab Ganon is still better, the chaingrab is really weak and only lasts til the edge of the stage.

I put numbers there to tell how far apart the characters are to each other on the tier list.

Example: 5.0-5.9 is Low tier.
8.0-8.9 is High tier.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

I thought so too, so then I tested it out. I played Solo Popo, and Ganon. I won more games with Ganon than with Solo Popo.
Does anyone else see a huge problem with that?

Dthrow CG > Fsmash at edge > edgeguard
blizzard camp those you can, approach carefully, juggle well.

tl;dr
get better

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

If by "average himself multiple times" you mean pull numbers straight out of his ***, then yes he did. I'll give him that he put some though into the tier placement and the order of the characters though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

tl;dr
get better
Actually, I dunno about that.

CG's good, but Ganon's edguarding is a great deal more effectively because going off-stage is more likely to go bad due to pretty much only being able to recover above the stage.

Blizzard is a lot less safe without the second climber due to pretty much anyone with a hitbox under their hurtbox will be able to hit you out on reaction. I can see juggling though.

TL;DR: I wouldn't be quite so sure, needs more research and practical match-ups against the cast.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

tl;dr
get better
And... Ganon can side b tech chase to edge, and edge guard better than a Solo Popo can. Ganon can tipman Up-air edge guard or D-air, or F-air, or even Down+B while initated on stage. Solo Popo only has F-air, D-air makes him fast fall and lasts long, N-air, and B-air, overall Ganon has the better edge guarding options, and can actually edge guard farther away from the stage than Solo Popo. Solo Popo Blizzard is easy to get around, and it has less hit stun with only one Ice Climber. Oh yeah, and F-air doesn't spike when there is only 1 IC, you need Nana for that, Solo Popo gimp game and edge guard game are severly lacking. Though, Solo Popo can juggle opponent's better than Ganon can, their Up-air is one of their best moves. That's one thing you got right.

Get more experience points to level up sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom