• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn

Smash Master
Ice climbers are where they belong if we're talking about mid level play,

at high level play there is no doubt in my mind they are S Tier.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I still think ICs lose (even if slightly) to MK, Snake, Diddy. And possibly Wario and Marth too. Also they are considered to lose to Lucario, Zero Suit and possibly other outliers (ROB?, Peach?).

Still, theres lots of potential for ICs against the projectileless characters...

"Watch out though Shaya, a wild Swordgard may be near by =)"

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I spoke to NL about Diddy Vs IC. This is what I got:

NinjaLink: if both players knows the matchup with diddy vs ICs, ICs win
NinjaLink: i was doin the matchup from both sides
NinjaLink: and from i discovered
NinjaLink: if ICs gets a nana its over lolo
NinjaLink: theres a grab setup u can use
NinjaLink: for an instant grab
NinjaLink: iceblocks stops bananas
NinjaLink: and that bungie jump screws recovery
NinjaLink: so yea lol
NinjaLink: but if its 2 average ppl diddy ***** ICs

Prawn

Smash Master
Diddy, Marth, Wario are all even I think but I guess that's just my opinion

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I spoke to NL about Diddy Vs IC. This is what I got:

NinjaLink: if both players knows the matchup with diddy vs ICs, ICs win
NinjaLink: i was doin the matchup from both sides
NinjaLink: and from i discovered
NinjaLink: if ICs gets a nana its over lolo
NinjaLink: theres a grab setup u can use
NinjaLink: for an instant grab
NinjaLink: iceblocks stops bananas
NinjaLink: and that bungie jump screws recovery
NinjaLink: so yea lol
NinjaLink: but if its 2 average ppl diddy ***** ICs
That just sounds to me more like the match up itself has more depth, not a sway of the tides.

"Diddy has to conserve his banana usage for their use in the air and his glide tosses to ensure a banana isn't freely given to an ICs".

And just like every character, you grab a nana, Diddy generally finds a solution to make it in their favour, eventually.

<3 depth in brawl mus.
Also hasn't it been shown that Diddy can pretty much 0-death Nana just with one banana slip?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Can someone give me a reason why is Ike harder than Marth for IC?
Don't worry..
once Marth starts air camping with dair against ICs, things will be aaaaaaaaaalllright :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Actually... hmmm
4th worst running/dash speed in game...
like worst grab range in game...
and then... good aerial mobility
hmm
hmmmm
mhmmhmhm

EUREKA!

:dizzy:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats what he says about the match up. I don't know anything about it. just about mines. For Peach vs Them she wins that.

Peach is not an easy character to grab with her good spacing and evasion. Even against characters like DDD. And his grab is like, broken. If IC wanted to pull the blizzard wall, turnips go through it. In this a case Peach should not even be that close to them. She should not be trying to pound on them 24/7. Times she has to pull back and let IC breath. Cause one screw up will end with a grab to death. Peach can use her pressure game, after that, get the hell out If they shield or pull away for w/e reason. Even if it is working and she gets the hits and damage off, she still should not be greedy and wanna continue. IC can retaliate well to this. And agressive Peach is really not hard to sto with nearly anyone in this game. But one who spaces, then goes in for that pressure game is another story.

For killing them:

-Fair
-Dair (Off stage Dairs to seoerate you 2 and make it harder for you to get back on stage. or do diars and not let the 4th kick so you don't pop up and grab the edge.
- Bair
-Fsmash
-upsmash if I can land it.
-toad. ( I can go down and toad your up-B and knock you back out. making it harder to get back on stage and possibly seperate nana and popo in the process. But this takes timing and not something to rely on.

Nana is never the target unless her and popo are seperated. When they are together, the Player is the target, not the AI. When they get broken apart, the player should be worring about Nana until popo comes in to save her and sneak attack you. Then your focus goes back to the player. And Peach is one of the characters that can sperate them well. Which makes it even harder to chain grab or even save nana.

- IC are not hard to seperate.
- IC are not hard to gimp.
- IC are not hard to edgeguard
- Good pressure game is hard to deal with
- Get out ranged.
- Done right, Peach can camp you since our turnips go through blizzard. And Ice blocks are always grounded. Peach can control the height and distance of her turnip tosses.
- IC can't Grab Peach that easy.

Peach does not need to be floating to dairs to get at IC all the time. I can easily short hop and space them so you can try and Uptilt or even upsmash out of shield. I can to this to Jabs or w/e I want. To have you in the shield and eating it. Them keep the pressure going till I seperate you. So with Blizzard taken care of, Peach out ranges IC and can space the hell out of them when close, making it hard for you to land a clean shot on me. If you choose to retreat and Blizzard, smart thing for Peach to do is camp you while moving in slowly. to a point you are forced to fight. Also from this. Nana would/could be taken damage if you hard trying to evade or protect yourself.

It is also not hard to keep you out. With Peach being one of the best edegaurders in this game, she has many options to keep one out. And IC dont have much options to make it back on stage, and easy for Peach to snip out of. And you can be gimped out of your recovery Thanks to urnips and edge tricks with them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hes kinda dumb and tactless sometimes, and doesnt really know how to deal with other people, especially on the internet. But that post shows that Dark really is a good player that knows what he is talking about. Most of the time at least =P

one question tho.

Are you sure that turnips go thru the blizzard? I could have sworn that the blizzard hits the turnip and make it go up into the air without interrupting it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yes, turnips go through it. Blizzard has no affect on it. It's like IC are trying to spray paint it while it comes flying at them.

Also just to throw this out there. if people seriously wanna judge how I am irl by online, you are not worth the time. You can thiink what you want of me. This community annoys me and is filled with dunce caps. Also with people who cry about thier characters so much and wanna make an excuse for everything. Wether thier character or match ups. So don't expect me to be all happy and cool in a place like this. This place is annoying. I am nothing like this offline. Though don't get it twisted. If I got something to say, I'll say it in your face. I'm not some internet punk like most who show off online to be one with the crowd or e-popular, but quite wusses in person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But yea, Turnips> Blizzard. Peach can camp them if she wanted too. Her camping in this game is not even all that to begin with. But she can do it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He's correct, that's perfect balance.

However, there are levels of balance, starcraft is very balanced. Smash, not so much.

correct me if im wrong, but technically, doesnt starcraft only have 3 characters and the ability to patch it anytime they want?

also, yes dark peach will say stuff to your face, but that doesnt mean youll be able to hear him... lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude, when I first met you and told me who you was, I looked at you and just told you about how you annoyed me and all when you were trying to get me to play you at SNES. We played ether way and you was not much of a tool as you were online.I have done this to alot in person.

But I assume that was a joke?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yes, yes it was.

you talk a good amount, but when your in a giant banquet hall with like 400 people, it was almost impossible to hear what you were saying...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

correct me if im wrong, but technically, doesnt starcraft only have 3 characters and the ability to patch it anytime they want?
It's an example more then anything else, but yea, 36 characters complicates things.

Still, there's a ton of units and building to manage, the rts genre is far from easy to balance.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Dedede's infinite is mad legit and I wish it was legal everywhere.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think Dedede's infinite is mad legit and I wish it was legal everywhere.
random...but I agree

it has yet to prove itself as broken and people won't want to take a chance and un ban it so by banning it people assume it'lll break the game, which it won't.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you Sound Very Dumb.

Wahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaheeehaaaa! Foolish Mortal, Those Who Possess The Almighty 7 Lime Are The Gods Of Brawl Who Oversee And Nullify Such Foolishness!!! Cease This At Once!!!

Also on a more serious note, discuss Olimar.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This guy....

Xyro!!! Come show him the wrath of 7 Lime. You shall not see the light of day from henceforth sir.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This guy is almost good. Almost.

He would be better if he made his act more believeable. Like a video of himself playing, beating a lvl 9 computer.

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
S Tier

1.) Metaknight
2.) Snake
3.) Diddy Kong
4.) Wario

A Tier

5.) Falco
6.) Ice Climbers
7.) King Dedede
8.) Marth
9.) Mr. Game and Watch

B Tier

10.) Olimar
11.) R.O.B
12.) Lucario
13.) Pit

C Tier

14.) Toon Link
15.) Zelda + Sheik
16.) Zero Suit Samus
17.) Kirby
18.) Pikachu
19.) Donkey Kong
20.) Peach
21.) Fox
22.) Wolf

D Tier

23.) Luigi
24.) Pokemon Trainer
25.) Mario
26.) Sonic
27.) Ike
28.) Bowser
29.) Ness

E Tier

29.) Yoshi
30.) Lucas

F Tier

31.) Samus
32.) Link
33.) Jigglypuff

G Tier

34.) Captain Falcon

H Tier

35.) Ganondorf

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ignoring the troll two posts above me, ima post a tier list I made a while back here

because makeing a tier list proves how smart you are

hey guyz I think that MK is best and snake is second

OMGZ I R genus

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That list looks decent. Zelda+Shiek is glaringly too high, Lucario will probably end up over ROB if only because Lucario doesn't have any of those **** footstool infinites on him like ROB does (that and I think Lucario might have been better than ROB anyways with those bad things not present for him).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That list looks decent. Zelda+Shiek is glaringly too high, Lucario will probably end up over ROB if only because Lucario doesn't have any of those **** footstool infinites on him like ROB does (that and I think Lucario might have been better than ROB anyways with those bad things not present for him).
I'm just confused as to why not just combine E, F, G, and H tiers into one big tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom