• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
pickachoo has chain grabs, so what? big deal? they aren't all dat good, and there are only a couple of characters that actually matter who picakoo can use it on. even then he can still get ***** hard pluz they need actual set-ups to take effects, pikacho also can't kill j00 at all

Pit on de otha hand is waay to ignored. he can go up against MK and other higher tiers.

this match vs a ddd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKUpewEd6g&feature=related

look at how safe Pit can be with each and everyone of his moves, all the while inflicting damaage and haveing some major fresh KO moves left to use

that's only a part of it

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
S Tier

1.) Metaknight
2.) Snake
3.) Diddy Kong
4.) Wario

A Tier

5.) Falco
6.) Ice Climbers
7.) King Dedede
8.) Marth
9.) Mr. Game and Watch

B Tier

10.) Olimar
11.) R.O.B
12.) Lucario
13.) Pit

C Tier

14.) Toon Link
15.) Zelda + Sheik
16.) Zero Suit Samus
17.) Kirby
18.) Pikachu
19.) Donkey Kong
20.) Peach
21.) Fox
22.) Wolf

D Tier

23.) Luigi
24.) Pokemon Trainer
25.) Mario
26.) Sonic
27.) Ike
28.) Bowser
29.) Ness

E Tier

29.) Yoshi
30.) Lucas

F Tier

31.) Samus
32.) Link
33.) Jigglypuff

G Tier

34.) Captain Falcon

H Tier

35.) Ganondorf
had to make a small edit, thought I had the fat man in s tier

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The fact YesNoMaybeSo isn't banned yet simply proves how terrible the staff on this site are when it comes to banhammering people. >_>

Sorry, but even on GameFAQs he would have lost his account by now, or at least suspended. All they do is warn people around here. It takes like three pages of pure spam to get a single infraction, and then it takes a mountain of infractions to get banned.

He's trolling. He's spamming. He's done it before. He has been warned before. He doesn't change. IP Ban him. Simple, no? It was funny at first, but now it actually needs to be dealt with.

In other news: I believe Falco is overrated. Yes, this is a reach back to a recently finished topic, but I wasn't on at the time. >_> <_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've seen Sethlon play during FS6.

I have a fairly good idea about what Falco can do. <_<

Might there be some differences in the WC? Sure. Enough to change my mind? Doubt it.
I mean, most people think that SK92 and DEHF are the gods of Falco, compared to all the other players.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
LOLLLLL at this.

Anyway, Olimar. If Olimar had a great recovery as opposed to his current ****ty one, he'd jump like 2 spots due to the amount of **** his little plant n****s can do.
If Olimar had a good recovery, he would easily be S Tier, or at least top of A Tier. His poor recovery is the one thing that allows quite a lot of characters even a slight chance of winning. But some people just generally get ***** even with his bad recovery since they can barely hit him, let alone send him off-stage.

Sadly enough his recovery is still arguably better than Link's.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Still don't believe my mind will change.

I believe I've seen a video of one of them before, I'll poke around a bit.

EDIT: To be clear, I believe Falco should be the very bottom of S tier, with D3 in A tier.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
If Olimar had a good recovery, he would easily be S Tier, or at least top of A Tier. His poor recovery is the one thing that allows quite a lot of characters even a slight chance of winning. But some people just generally get ***** even with his bad recovery since they can barely hit him, let alone send him off-stage.

Sadly enough his recovery is still arguably better than Link's.
link doesn't have the worst recovery...

zeldspazz

Smash Master
link doesn't have the worst recovery...
Alright.

Why? I think its the worst :\

Horrible gain overall, being hit out of it causes you to lose like all horizontal movement, grapple doesnt have a very big range, his fall speed wrecks him if he misses, etc.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ganondorf's is worse.

Edit: But Link's is right there on the second spot.
Small explaination summary? I knew someone was gonna say his cus I remember a debate about it somewhere, but I cant remember the outcome >_>

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The height and length of Ganon's recovery compared to Link's isn't much of a difference, and it really doesn't matter. Link's recovery has more priority around it, where as Ganon's does not. The only anti gimp tool Ganon has is his UAir, but a good player will bait him to use that and then proceed to an edge guard. Link on the other hand can stop a lot of gimp attempts with his boomerang alone, and thanks to the long duration of his up + b, the last hit will force people to get away from the ledge.

Their recovery is pretty much equal in terms of getting back on stage. Ganon has a bit more aerial speed which helps him out too. The main problem for Ganon is, 35/39 characters can hit him out of his recovery due to it's poor hitstun, some of which are spikes (Falco's DAir). People will want to get hit by Ganon's recovery for this very reason. It's a very high risk and low award move (the damage input on it isn't that much either). Above all this, Ganon has a couple of frames of Recovery Carry Over Lag, which, will get punished at high levels of play.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Ganon's recovery isn't neccessarily worse than Link's. He gets hit easier (even though Link is also easy to hit with most characters) because he lacks good defense other than nair/uair/air dodge, but higher vertical recovery (helps in stages like Smashville) and being able to get horizontal distance immediately after getting hit out of recovery are things that Ganon is better at. I think Ganon's horizontal recovery is exactly the same in distance as Link's recovery. Both have very laggy air dodges to make their anti-edgeguarding even worse. So to make their recovery as good as possible all Ganon/Link mains should be sure they have a very good DI (though they still suck at recovering with this, it helps them to get more horizontal distance). And Link's fast fall is extremely fast, so while it helps him to live longer, it can also mess up with Link's recovery. But Ganon's fast fall is also very fast, just not as fast as Link's.

Olimar's recovery is garbage. It sometimes even fails to grab the ledge for SDs lol. And Olimar is much lighter than both Ganon and Link.

M@v

Subarashii!
Does it really matter? Link AND Ganon's recovery are such garbage they both aren't coming back a lot of the times.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ganon and link got the downgrade in this game they did not deserve. Like seriously, there was no need for it. Same with Falcon. Sakuria is messed up.

Peach Dsmash was broken and needed a downgrade. I main her in melee and I am not even gonna be bias about it. That move needed to be toned down. So Sakuria gets one thing right and fails at the rest? And making characters with broken hit boxes? I don't think ganon in melee hit boxes are worst that Snakes uptilt. Somestimes I dare question Nintendo's deal.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ganon and link got the downgrade in this game they did not deserve. Like seriously, there was no need for it. Same with Falcon. Sakuria is messed up.

Peach Dsmash was broken and needed a downgrade. I main her in melee and I am not even gonna be bias about it. That move needed to be toned down. So Sakuria gets one thing right and fails at the rest? And making characters with broken hit boxes? I don't think ganon in melee hit boxes are worst that Snakes uptilt. Somestimes I dare question Nintendo's deal.
You forgot Samus, the one I'm the most sad about :(. I mean seriously they train wrecked her. She now has...Zair? Yup. That totally compensates for everything else :urg:

Samus's best move is now up and down taunts pushed rapidly in alternation.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
In terms recovery overall, I would say barely Ganon's is except, people can hit him out of his recovery when it lands.

This was mentioned above, but I don't think you guys understand how bad this is.

Here's the thread.

So, a lot of characters can basically gimp him effortlessly... BY JUMPING INTO HIS UP-B. Marth can nair OR fair him, MK can nair him, jiggs can nair him, falco can dair him.

Yes, Ganondorf's up-b officially has Ike's forward B status, the problem is, Ganon's forward B does it too, and it's horizontal range sux.

No, Ganondorf has the worst recovery in the game by far.

Though olimar's recovery definitely holds him back the most, Ganon is already a crappy character, horrible recovery is icing on the cake. Same with Link (link with a reasonable recovery might move up though, Ganondorf, not so much probably). Olimar on the other hand becomes managable for a lot of characters because he doesn't live long relatively.

Unfortunately Nintendo does not care about us, the competative players. Melee was competitive purely by accident and nintendo is giving into a small minority of players who are so virulently anti-competitive that attack the competative crowd (but will still buy the game, mind you).

We keep the game alive and a sellable asset for years.

You don't have to make it bad for the casual crowd, in that sense melee had a wonderful system. Turn on all items, pick hyrule, perfect for the casual crowd, one mass trainwreck after another. 1v1 or teams, no items, fox only (or marth/falco/sheik/etc), final destination (or yoshi's story/battlefield/dreamland/fountain(except in doubles)) and you've got a great competitive game.

Yet, now nintendo seems to be hating on the competitive crowd for whatever purpose, why nintendo, why?

The only nice thing they added to this was that containers could be turned off, making it possible for a competitive format that includes items. Now setting spawnpoints in-game would be good too.

But the whorenado was too good, that said, replace it with other things, honestly peach should've been the benchmark for characters in this game, everyone should've been about as good as peach.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Exactly. Sometimes I think: "Were the programmers drunk or something?" I mean...

- Meta Knight...
- Snake's tilts wtf!
- Tripping :l
- Samus, Ganon and Link indeed. Especially Link.
- Mario's utterly useless Dtilt
- Peach's airdodge. Out of all characters, she gets the wost airdodge.
- And much more...

Lol.

Edit: I also agree with Adumbrodeus' edit. I fail to understand why, aren't good fighting games supposed to be competitive-friendly?

:053:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes, Ganondorf's up-b officially has Ike's forward B status, the problem is, Ganon's forward B does it too, and it's horizontal range sux.
Actually, it's worse then Ike's Quickdraw.

Quickdraw you can use out of a edge drop -> Second Jump, hit someone and still grab the ledge. You can't do that with Ganon's Up B. lol

M@v

Subarashii!
Peach's airdodge isnt THAT bad... I mean whenever I'm playing as peach I use it and don't have much issue.

And blame Sakurai for tripping. I get the feeling not everyone on that development team wanted to include it. But you can thank him lucario, he did almost all the work on him by himself.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Exactly. Sometimes I think: "Were the programmers drunk or something?" I mean...

- Meta Knight...
- Snake's tilts wtf!
- Tripping :l
- Samus, Ganon and Link indeed. Especially Link.
- Peach's airdodge. Out of all characters, she gets the wost airdodge.
- And much more...

Lol.
Except for Tripping and possibly Peach's airdodge, Samus and Link, all of those errors probably would've been fixed if Brawl would be complete.

Unfortunately, we got a buggy Beta version.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

:053:
No, that's been around since Melee. I would go as far to say that it was around since the first smash game, but I haven't seen anybody point that out, nor do I own my own copy of smash anymore so I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach's airdodge isnt THAT bad... I mean whenever I'm playing as peach I use it and don't have much issue.

And blame Sakurai for tripping. I get the feeling not everyone on that development team wanted to include it. But you can thank him lucario, he did almost all the work on him by himself.
It isn't that bad, it's just very, very strange. Especially if you keep in mind that Peach is not great at recovering back to the stage from above thanks to her floatiness.

EDIT: @ Kinzer, that only gives a better reason to fix it

:052:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lets just talk about every problem brawl has, seems interesting what people have to say

M@v

Subarashii!
It isn't that bad, it's just very, very strange. Especially if you keep in mind that Peach is not great at recovering back to the stage from above thanks to her floatiness.

:052:
Eh. I got mixed feeling about recovering high with peach. Its matchup dependant with me. In some matchups I can come back down to the stage safely with dair and nair, and when I'm floating back, I am too high to get edgeguarded . In other matchup like vs people with good up aerials and forward aerials(A certain puffball with a sword comes to mind), your writing a death sentence to get wrecked.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
My line with the buggy Beta version was no joke, btw. :<

From the perspective of a (rusty) coder and game developer on my own, this game is simply unfinished.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the game is obviously unfinished balance wise. too bad it wasn't important enough for them to finish on time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Peach's airdodge frame wise and mobility wise is terrible. It's one of the worst out there.

She's in the worst "airdodge" group IIRC.

MK surprisingly has a great airdodge frame wise. Mobility wise it's bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom