• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
I think that Pikachu is better for a pro, but his learning curve is way harder than Olimar. Since the tier is for top players, Pikachu currently has a more expanded game to beat Olimar.

Jupz

Smash Master
Right now I can see Olimar staying the same, perhaps moving above G&W but I think IC's will overtake him.

IMO Wario will fall 2 spots.

Azuraith

Smash Apprentice
I'm an olimar/DK main and i still think pikachu is far better. a pro pikachu like Bking (see combo video ratrace, on youtube) has amazing QAC techs and if mastered pikachu could be the fastest moving character in the game and have very advanced combos.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I had no idea people were still discussing Popo vs. Ganon, lol. Solo popo is never going to be part of a tournament, unless someone out there is mind-blowingly crazy, even more so than anyone who uses Ganon, because you're willingly agreeing to use only part of a character and attempt to fight against legitimate players who aren't taking you easy.

Besides, I'm done with caring about Popo being better than Ganon, because we have indisputable proof that Nana is better than Captain Falcon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4YXM0ALITA

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I had no idea people were still discussing Popo vs. Ganon, lol. Solo popo is never going to be part of a tournament, unless someone out there is mind-blowingly crazy, even more so than anyone who uses Ganon, because you're willingly agreeing to use only part of a character and attempt to fight against legitimate players who aren't taking you easy.

Besides, I'm done with caring about Popo being better than Ganon, because we have indisputable proof that Nana is better than Captain Falcon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4YXM0ALITA
As I said before, we were only discussing it in the context that it's part of the ICs MUs in general. Nana can always be gimped meaning you're left with Sopo, and his value and MUs are relevant to IC's value and MUs as a whole, but should ultimately be rolled into said MUs and tier position instead of being on his/her own.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sopo isn't that much worse that both ICs. worse recovery, less damage, no kill throws/infinite. But, he still has amazing knock back with decent range and speed on his attacks. He can still chain throw a few members of the cast into fsmash for pretty big damage.
I think the problem is most ICs only know how to chain throw and not how to use the very wide array of options IC have outside of that. IC would still be very powerful without the chain grabs and Sopo is kind of proof of that.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sopo is a LOT worse than normal climbers >_>. lol. Shieldcamp, throw off stage, edgeguard.

I played against a pretty good ganon at a tournament last weekend and I used single climber and 3 stocked him consistently rarely going above 50% lol. Sopo can CG every character in the cast with Dthrow, many to absurd percents like snake to almost 100%, mk to 65%, wolf/fox to over 100% etc. He also has a walking cg on many characters and doesn't need much stage to get those %'s.

Uair combos, dtilt gimps, but all this is hard to do when the opponent shieldcamps and is at higher % so you can't cg.

C.J.

Smash Master
idk, Pika might be better than G&W. It's close.
Olimar definitely is better than G&W though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wish I could fight more Diddy's.

The only one I fought switched to Mr. G&W when I won with Lucario. He was the first good Diddy I fought.

I can't tell if he is better than Snake or not even with vids of ADHD.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy is overrated. If you want to beat Diddy, pick up Wario. Learn that matchup, Diddy drops.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@at realnessnoob: I know, I main G&W. He's not as bad as people say, but I still think oli and pika are higher.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
G&W only seemed as good as he did during the game's initial release because of the HUGE buff he recieved...

That and he has too many kill moves
No, G&W is much better now. It's just that G&W players don't play gay enough. G&W planking *****! He can also slow down or shut down a character's approach with his sausage spam. Bucket braking is another thing. B-air is still good, you have to be dumb to use it at the wrong time. I believe G&W players need to plank more to win.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, G&W is much better now. It's just that G&W players don't play gay enough. G&W planking *****! He can also slow down or shut down a character's approach with his sausage spam. Bucket braking is another thing. B-air is still good, you have to be dumb to use it at the wrong time. I believe G&W players need to plank more to win.
Planking is fair enough, but bair has developed a ton of issues as we got better at the game.

DIing and the gap between the second to last and the last hit, combined with how long the move lasts makes it extremely easy to punish on hit.

I think you're overrated sausage spam too...

BSP

Smash Legend
Game and Watch can handle anyone who doesn't have the priority/range or speed to deal with his disjoints. The people that do have those tools (pretty much everyone above him), will be above him. IMO GaW will be inbetween the viable characters, and the semi-viable ones.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think R.O.B. and G&W and ZSS should go down, and Lucario and Peach should go up.

G&W is very easy to deal with if you are patient and don't run into any smashes. R.O.B. is kind of the same way in that you just have to be patient and camp him back. ZSS is hard if you don't know the matchup, but in my opinion it's just a matter of knowing all of her limitations. I actually think she is really good, which is why I play her, but I don't think she should be as high as she is.

Maybe it's just because I play peach and I'm not excellent at killing, but it just infuriates me how well Lucario can camp and how little he has to do to just shut down a lot of characters. The opinion that Peach should move up is a bit biased, but she definitely deserves a boost, especially with all of the new techs that Peach players have been finding. How many non-peaches even know that she has a guaranteed Uair string that can do anywhere from 20-100% on everyone in the cast, and that she can walk while she pulls turnips with the c stick (which helps her camping and overall mobility greatly)?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
At the very least, she very much deserves to be grouped in B tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom