• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Is Captain Falcon still all the way on the very bottom? I actually use him quite often in casual matches, probably more than anyone else, and I did not think him all the way on the bottom.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
I hope that is a joke.
dude your a fuking joke STFU man! wtf really though, peach shouldnt be no 2 or 3. your a fuking queer..throw down $25 can hit me up in KC in two months and get **** on son..really though stfu and go suck a fat **** you sorry piece of ****.!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Back to DeDeDe, something that I don't think anyone mentioned yet, is how great he is on certain stages. He may have some bad character matchups, but there are some stages he can counterpick on that make it so in his favor that it hardly even matters. Also most of if not all of the neutral stages are considered good DeDeDe stages, some depend on the opponent though.

Also the crowd chant for DeDeDe in the Japanese version is the best thing in the whole game. Even better than "Roy's our boy".

gantrain05

Smash Master
dude your a fuking joke STFU man! wtf really though, peach shouldnt be no 2 or 3. your a fuking queer..throw down $25 can hit me up in KC in two months and get **** on son..really though stfu and go suck a fat **** you sorry piece of ****.!
calm down freak, and how do you know where peach should be? you don't, and talking **** over the internet is lame, and nobody cares what you say.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
No flaming. You think that'd one of the more obvious rules... *infracts*

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I hope that is a joke.

Sariku

Smash Master
::sigh::

I wish tiers didn't get people so up in arms, especially senior members here at Smash World Forums. Anyways, though. I think it's apparent the tier list is only out to appease the kids in the Brawl community who are begging for one. If it's not, then here are recommendations for categories:

Top Tier - 2-3 Characters
High Tier - 5-7
Mid-High Tier -
Mid-Low Tier -
Low Tier -
Bottom Tier -

I just don't really like a bunch of characters scrunched up in one tier. I know it REALLY doesn't matter, but I see no reason not to give my opinion. Anyways, good job working on it; I like seeing my main fourth from the bottom. But I would of given Sonic lower, so I'm happy, I suppose.

kr3wman

Smash Master
::sigh::

I wish tiers didn't get people so up in arms, especially senior members here at Smash World Forums. Anyways, though. I think it's apparent the tier list is only out to appease the kids in the Brawl community who are begging for one. If it's not, then here are recommendations for categories:

Top Tier - 2-3 Characters
High Tier - 5-7
Mid-High Tier -
Mid-Low Tier -
Low Tier -
Bottom Tier -

I just don't really like a bunch of characters scrunched up in one tier. I know it REALLY doesn't matter, but I see no reason not to give my opinion. Anyways, good job working on it; I like seeing my main fourth from the bottom. But I would of given Sonic lower, so I'm happy, I suppose.
So you would want bigger gaps of relative power ranking between characters?

Ugh.

Izaw

Smash Ace
This tier list -_-... just.. no comment...

Would really want to know how you guys even managed to make such a screwed up tier list..

Sorry for flaming, but that's just my opinion

Corigames

Smash Hero
How is it screwed up?

Snake and Meta are at the top and Falcon is at the bottom. Everything is in order here.

Zero%

Smash Cadet
mk and snake i saw that coming. but dedede 3rd wow! that a surprise for me.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Big Scary E-Thug with Big Scary [stupid] avatar.

Snake has a lot of attacks with an incredibly broken hit box and range. But that can only get him so far, he can lay down C4's that he can detonate whenever he wants which really helps him control the stage and pressure the enemy. Not to mention the C4, Land Mine combo that creates two explosions and an incredible range of said explosions. Not to mention the Remote Controlled Rocket (which I don't know the correct term for) which is great for edge guarding. And his Usmash which is also great for edge guarding, and a good [vertical] recovery. And to top it all off he's a heavy character which means he dies at higher percents.

And of course for the bandwagon noobs he has Mortar Slide.

Mewtwo1414

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I dident know about the hitbox(I guess I should have checked his page), thanks again.

Now, about the tier list, it's good to know that my 2 mains are top tier(Marth & Lucario), but i'm upset over PT and jiggly, PT has so much potential and jiggly just pawns in air battles.

ErikkuTheFox

Smash Rookie
This first tier list is nothing that will cause me to switch any characters that I play with, not to mention my top 3 characters are in Top/High. To me this list just tells me what characters to concentrate on practicing against. I do agree that Meta Knight can be a huge pain, not to mention I've heard tales of an insane Falco player. King Dedede is a somewhat confusing choice for Top Tier, because he's such a huge target. I play Snake as one of my Top 3 characters and I do agree that there's a lot of strategies and tactics you can use with him. I've found him to be a good defensively, not as pressuring, but good ways to sneak in the damage. I have yet to see any MG&G players.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
He only has 1 maybe 2 terrible matchups, the rest are just kind of bad. Not enough to knock him out of high. Just down like 1 or 2 spots.
a top tier character does not HAVE terrible machups and multiple bad ones... this is my point... he's top tier because of popularity and MK clearing out some of his counters

ErikkuTheFox

Smash Rookie
Lmfao, legend tells of an insanely Sik Intense Awesome Falco player, he could beat the most fearsome of Metaknight! And the Cheapest of the cheap!
Ya ok... I was just going back what my friends have informed me. There's no way you can say Falco doesn't stand a chance against an MK. Naturally it depends on player skill, but I know Falco has advantages over MK. I think we all know that MK isn't Godlike.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ya ok... I was just going back what my friends have informed me. There's no way you can say Falco doesn't stand a chance against an MK. Naturally it depends on player skill, but I know Falco has advantages over MK. I think we all know that MK isn't Godlike.
Wait what? Do you think I was making fun of you?

I just thought it was funny that you said "I've heard tales of an insane Falco player."

ErikkuTheFox

Smash Rookie
Wait what? Do you think I was making fun of you?

I just thought it was funny that you said "I've heard tales of an insane Falco player."
Ahh, well it can be difficult to interpret some meanings over the internet. I did feel like as if you were poking fun at what I said, but as you pointed out: You found it funny to hear about insane Falco players, not the fact that I stated or believed that.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
Hellz yeah, Meta knight ftw! I knew it! Yet again, I main the best character, like in the last game how I mained Sheik, who was the best for the majority of the time; then wavedashing was discovered. :ohwell:

Anyways, good list. Still can't believe Dedede is so high though. I understand him having chaingrabs, but how else can he be used for good? Just curious. :confused:

ErikkuTheFox

Smash Rookie
Anyways, good list. Still can't believe Dedede is so high though. I understand him having chaingrabs, but how else can he be used for good? Just curious. :confused:
From what I understand it's his supeior Edgeguarding along with the Super Armor when recovering with Up B. Correct me if I'm wrong.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
From what I understand it's his supeior Edgeguarding along with the Super Armor when recovering with Up B. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes.

And don't forget, MK OBLITERATES his bad match-ups.

Yes Tier
and
Yoshi Tier
Please don't incite the Yoshis. Also, expect Yoshi to be mid-tier equivilent in the near future. His metagame has improved DRASTICALLY

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm wondering why Marth is so high up. Wasn't he subject to low tier at some point?
And then Emblem Lord set people straight.

Marth generally hovers around 5th best tournament results, and has the second best match-ups in the game.

Unfortunately his advantages mirror MK's, except MK generally has a better advantage. Add that to the fact that he has almost no 70-30 match-ups or better (which is fine if people's disadvantages aren't getting eliminated *cough cough* snake and DDD), and he just performs worse then his match-ups would suggest.

But there is no excuse for having him below what his tournament rankings merit. He doesn't have a hidden weakness that people are not exploiting. He's just underrated by a lot of players. I came across more then one backroomer spouting horribly off match-ups for Marth (most of which both character specific boards disagreed with, and the others had just not been checked out by the other board).

He deserves to be higher, not lower.

ErikkuTheFox

Smash Rookie
Something I was curious about too: Is there any thread or quote explaining how the top-tier characters earned their spot (ie Edgehogging, Chain-grabs, etc.)? Or are we purely going by performance in tournaments as well as match-ups? I want to understand each of their advantages.

Folm

Smash Cadet
Ooh, you sound dedicated. Book brawler? Good one. And if you don't look anything up on the internet why are you wasting your time here?
I look up some things, just not a lot and I'm here cause I like forums and Brawl so... and this forum isnt only for looking up strategies.

M.K

Level 55
Something I was curious about too: Is there any thread or quote explaining how the top-tier characters earned their spot (ie Edgehogging, Chain-grabs, etc.)? Or are we purely going by performance in tournaments as well as match-ups? I want to understand each of their advantages.
They won't tell us because "it would be a waste of time to please just a few"

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Yes Tier
and
Yoshi Tier
Bad idea. Just don't.

Chaingrabs are a big part of it. However, he's got a lot more. He's got great range on almost everything (some of his attacks have the biggest disjointed hitboxes in the game). His recovery, while exploitable by a few people, is still relatively good. He can edgegaurd effectively with his fair and bair. His grab range is ridiculous. He's heavy and thus really hard to KO. Also, did I mention his chaingrabs?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Actually, as you can see how many people are making comments about the Tier list. If they were to write the reason for there placing people would start disagreeing with that too.
the problem is that a lot of the people on the boards just don't think in the right mindset...

-A professional level IS NOT a casual level in any way shape or form

- it's not HOW MANY bad matchups you have... it's WHO you have abd matchups against

AJ64

Smash Rookie
OK I really don't understand how you can't see Ike and Lucas being severly overpowered? Its clear as day to me, espicially Ike. I mean he's almost as powerful as Ganondorf yet almost twice as fast. Plus his Side B is rediculously fast a character so strong. You've got to put him at least in the high tier, if not right at the top.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
OK I really don't understand how you can't see Ike and Lucas being severly overpowered? Its clear as day to me, espicially Ike. I mean he's almost as powerful as Ganondorf yet almost twice as fast. Plus his Side B is rediculously fast a character so strong. You've got to put him at least in the high tier, if not right at the top.
This is so funny and at the same time so wrong i am not going to comment much on it, except - ikes recovery sucks, lucas can be grab release CG'd, and MK is too good.

gantrain05

Smash Master
lololololololololololololol..............yeah ike for top tier lol.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom