• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This is what the tier list should have been...
*Tier list*
There should be a rule in the OP saying that all personal tier lists cannot be posted. Debating is fine, complaining even slips by sometimes, but all of ours are going to be different. You can do what I did, put my tier list in my sig.

Look, anyone who uses grab release as a tactic to win against Ness and Lucas is not good at Brawl. There are many other ways to win...with style.
There is no style in competative gaming either, you simply play to win. If a tactic is not banned in tournaments, then it's fair game...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not a lot, as mentioned above. Look, anyone who uses grab release as a tactic to win against Ness and Lucas is not good at Brawl. There are many other ways to win...with style.
Play to win.

Style is unimportant, and the constraint of "playing with style" just holds you back. Sure, it's ok to be flashy IF it doesn't jeopardize victory (in some cases, it's a good psychological trick), but refusing easy victory via a death grab is a scrub, plain and simple, they're too bound by their own internal rules to reach their full potential.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Bowser, LOL, WAYYYYYY too high. While I can accept that Bowser has improved considerably from Melee, that doesen't mean he's that good. His tourney results suck, has very bad character matchups and pretty much sucks in all areas except obviously power.

Okay, personally, I think Bowser is a bit high too. However, please go look into Bowser before you criticize him. It's not true that everything but his power sucks. He's got good range on a lot of attacks. He's got some good choices of things to do out of his shield. Also, he's got several attacks that are suprisingly for fast for, well, being Bowser.

Bowser in melee doesn't have an influence over Bowser in brawl. We don't have people saying "Wow, Kirby sucked in Melee, I can't believe he got that much better". My guess is this is because people have seen a broken Kirby before (*cough* Sb64 *cough*) while Bowser has always been infamous for being bad.

Basically, try to come at him with an open mind in Brawl. He isn't bad at everything any more.

DDD is not top tier for a few reasons
Has a few IMPOSSIBLE match ups
Exaggerating to try to prove your point is poor form. DOn't say match-ups in the plural unless you can name more than one.

When the SBR threw all the little smash bros. plushies down the stairs, Falco's went further than Peach's and thus became top tier with the other plushies that made it that far down the staircase. Obviously.
There are Falco and Peach plushies? Where can I get these? XD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Not a lot, as mentioned above. Look, anyone who uses grab release as a tactic to win against Ness and Lucas is not good at Brawl. There are many other ways to win...with style.
If grab release can help me win then I don't see a problem with it.

Winning without style> losing with style

TheStig

Smash Lord
i'm curious to why jiggly is so low. no one uses her because she is unpopular and seen as "nerfed" from melee. so, its kinda hard to see tournament performance or her true potential.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i'm curious to why jiggly is so low. no one uses her because she is unpopular and seen as "nerfed" from melee. so, its kinda hard to see tournament performance or her true potential.
Almost everyone says that about there main (the ones in low tier or bottom of mid).
Somone has to be at the bottom.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
DDD is not top tier for a few reasons
Has a few IMPOSSIBLE match ups
cannot play well against light fast people(Olimar, Meta, Fox, Falco, ect)
also has quiet bad match ups

I agree he has a few bad matchups that I think warrant him not being in the third spot, but he is definately top/high tier. Fifth place at the worst.

And honestly he doesn't have all that many bad matchups. Last I checked Olimar was his only matchups that was 70/30. Everything else is 60/40 at worst, which is not bad at all. For me personally the only people that give me trouble are Olimar and Pikachu. And MK is even, maybe like 55/45 for MK at worst. Far from his worst match.

D

Deleted member

I agree, D3 completely destroys alot of characters, more than other top tiers, but also has more problems with some characters, which i think should move him down to 5th or 6th.

Takumaru

Smash Lord

I dunno, everytime I see someone win with a grab release I have to try really hard to maintain any self control. Otherwise I'll end up doing naughty things because of the amount of sexiness caused by a grab release kill. Sexiness = style in this case.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

Folm

Smash Cadet
People who have mains in the top don't care about tiers, but peoplewho have mains that are low do care, I have characters all over the place, tier lists mean nothing to me. But I have to admit I am a little annoyed pokemon Trainer is low, He's one of my best alts. I bet its because Pokemon trainer is lacking an actual down B.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I bet its because Pokemon trainer is lacking an actual down B.
Uh, no. Pokemon Trainer is hurt by its necessity to switch, and each character has some significant weaknesses.

As a counter-example, see Melee Sheik. Sheik essentially didn't have a down-b either.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
DDD does have some terrible matchups.... but honestly... he does well in the tournament scene... his bad matchups are either bad for everyone or don't even show up for the most part.

Folm

Smash Cadet
Uh, no. Pokemon Trainer is hurt by its necessity to switch, and each character has some significant weaknesses.

As a counter-example, see Melee Sheik. Sheik essentially didn't have a down-b either.
I was just guessing. I'm like,not really... into it. I don't really know how to explain it. I dont know everything and look up a lot of brawl stuff online. I just play the game.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I was just guessing. I'm like,not really... into it. I don't really know how to explain it. I dont know everything and look up a lot of brawl stuff online. I just play the game.
You don't play the game enough then, or you'd realize how much the stamina ordeal drags PT down.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean to come off as attacking you, if that's what it seemed like.

DDD does have some terrible matchups.... but honestly... he does well in the tournament scene... his bad matchups are either bad for everyone or don't even show up for the most part.
Who would you conside "terrible" for DDD other than ICs?

Folm

Smash Cadet
You don't play the game enough then, or you'd realize how much the stamina ordeal drags PT down.
I play the game loads, everything I do in Brawl I did mostly myself, i'm a natural brawler instead of a book brawler who looks up everything they know from the internet.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I play the game loads, everything I do in Brawl I did mostly myself, i'm a natural brawler instead of a book brawler who looks up everything they know from the internet.
Ooh, you sound dedicated. Book brawler? Good one. And if you don't look anything up on the internet why are you wasting your time here?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I hope you like missing out on useful information so that you can find it out on your own months/years later. Sounds like fun.

dcbandicoot

Smash Rookie
For all intensive purposes, at least by my opinion, this list is an average draft, but has some glaring issues with it.

For example.. R.O.B. and MK are in the same tier? What does R.O.B. have that puts him in the same tier with MK? Tourney results and matchups would suggest that Marth deserves to be fairly close (IMO above, but that's disputable) when compared with R.O.B.... and yet a tier separates them.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
For all intensive purposes, at least by my opinion, this list is an average draft, but has some glaring issues with it.

For example.. R.O.B. and MK are in the same tier? What does R.O.B. have that puts him in the same tier with MK? Tourney results and matchups would suggest that Marth deserves to be fairly close (IMO above, but that's disputable) when compared with R.O.B.... and yet a tier separates them.
Because ROB has a fairly good matchup with Marth and a awesome matchup with falco, and Snake.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Was that a veiled insult at people who read up on ATs and strategies here?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I read about 13 pages of this thread, so I didn't see recent arguments, but why is every saying MK deserves a tier of his own, but not snake? Also, I too would like to know the exact formula for this tier list.

I can see a repeat of the melee tier list. MK being the sheik.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I love where olimar is, it seems like a cozy little spot. I like where all of my characters are.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
See, the thing with that is... you have to discover all the ATs yourself instead of letting other people do it for you. If you can somehow discover all the ATs in the game (IC's infinite chain grabs are a good one), as well as the exact frame data of all the moves, reletive priority, etc, then more power to you.

But if not, you'll be at an inherent disadvantage against people who know knows all this stuff.

Basically, the people who find information put all this stuff out there to improve your game, why not take advantage of it?

Fletch

Smash Master
This is a horrible scrub mentality. And if this is completely true, what are you doing on Smashboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom