• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I think that the most valid complaints is not that character X is definitely in the wrong place. It's that the criteria to determine who's where seems to change on a character to character basis. Everyone could potentially be everywhere they're placed, it's just that it doesn't make sense if, say Luigi's tournmanet results get ignored while Yoshi's put him down low.

It may very well be that we're very wrong about the backroom's reasoning. So, why don't you help stop everyone's QQing by explaining things? SamuraiPanda took the time to explain some of the controversial things (such as Bowser up high) when he posted his list. Can SOMEONE from the backroom doing that now?

Thank you. >_<
No, thank YOU. I couldn't agree more.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Interesting.

IMO, Lucario and ROB should be a little lower and Peach a little higher, but otherwise, good.

I imagine Lucario's high due to Azen, haha. His metagame just seems a bit stale...it's not really evolving anywhere and he's a really straightforward character. ROB is great, but he's got a lot of weaknesses (easy to combo, dead zones above and to an angle of him where he can't punish attacks, etc). But both have been doing well in tournies lately, so...*shrug*

Peach does better than Zelda and Bowser in tournies though I think.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think to make a full tier list legit one should look at this factors
I'm pretty sure this is exactly how it's done.

Of course, this is a very, very early tier list, and the SBR comprises human beings, so it'll never be perfect, but for the time being, and for what it's worth, it's a **** good list.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well there are some things that make no sense compared to the tournament records and what is on the tier list. And I don't think every character is fully understood and the match-ups as well. Match ups play a big role in this game since it is not balanced. That is why People counter pick characters.

German Wolf

Smash Cadet
WTF? C. Falcon last tier. Worser then Ganondorf? WTF? But I never change my main. C.Falcon will rule!

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
lolwut?

diddy > toonlink??? whatt??

pit > toonlink??? whatt??

kirby > toonlink??? whatt??

xP Lol someone explain this to me NICELY,,, I don't want flames everywhere. I'm just looking for some information;; so dont go calling me ignorant and stuff please... >___>

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't get why people are mad when their character is placed low. If you are good, you're good... just with a low tier >_>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lol @ all the Q_Qing. I helped make the list and I still don't fully agree with some of the placings, but half ofthe crap you guys are arguing about is just wrong. /gg
Specifics?

Going around saying people are wrong without any reasoning adds nothing to the conversation and is generally considered "spam".

Also, who is very relevant here.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Specifics?

Going around saying people are wrong without any reasoning adds nothing to the conversation and is generally considered "spam".

Also, who is very relevant here.
What do you expect? These boards are pretty much one of the most elitist places I've seen so far in the time I've been on the internet. There are people having in their sigs "I won't read any posts of people with registration dates after 2007", regardless if these newer users create quality posts or the old ones crap.
And I'm not talking about the mods (when they spam, it's really good quality spam, and that's good) or the BRoomers (who did pretty good work with that tier list), but some users here act like they're kings just because they happened to register on these boards in 2006. Wow. I lurked Smashboards longer than most of these elitists have been registered. <_<

Anyway. I still think the tier list is good, given the fact that it was released so early. SBR still is working on it (me thinks), so just wait and see how it will turn out. We all know, though, who the Top 2 and the last one always will be.

Ultimate Dark Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Did you guys only use tourny results for this? Did you ignore character's movesets and matchups? Bowser is no way in mid tier. Lucas in low is just plain out funny. Top tier is mess. The lack of a bottom tier disturbs me. Sonic is too low. (OMG he can't kill ppl! Who gives a ****?!) Ness in low is also funny. The tier list in general is just disorganized. I'm disappointed.

rambull

Smash Rookie
wow. 31 pages already. i am going to ignore this list for now because i think many parts don't make sense.

Dahlaine

Smash Cadet
Did you guys only use tourny results for this? Did you ignore character's movesets and matchups? Bowser is no way in mid tier. Lucas in low is just plain out funny. Top tier is mess. The lack of a bottom tier disturbs me. Sonic is too low. (OMG he can't kill ppl! Who gives a ****?!) Ness in low is also funny. The tier list in general is just disorganized. I'm disappointed.
Either you're an idiot or you didn't read the entire thread

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh, you go make one then. And I hope it's not disorganized or I'll trash-talk it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Just a little something for the naysayers out there: http://smashboards.com/news/blogs/38565/552/what-is-the-sbr
Heh. I like the idea of the SBR. It must be a magnificent place of wonder.

Anyway, in my experiences of tourney hosting, Star Fox characters are pretty strong, and I would put Fox a little bit higher, either on the top of the Middle tier or the bottom of the High Tier. Wolf should be ranked higher a bit, too... and I think Falco is placed perfectly.
Though I have to add that my tournament consisted of lots of Lucario and Wolf players, so I wouldn't know. ^^,

Ultimate Dark Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Either you're an idiot or you didn't read the entire thread
There's no point of only basing this off of tourny results only. If C.Falcon has a ultimate rise in tourny results that beats Meta Knights results. That would make him top tier. That's stupid, because his moveset is not good. Not basing tiers lists of movesets is dumb.

Also, no I'm not an idiot, just because I disagree with things.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is no need to fight about a tier list. Many don't agree with it. Its a tier list nothing more. It won't change your skills and how you play with your main. I don't agree with Bowser and Zelda over Peach. What what can I do about it. Nothing. List is made. and if you don't like it, you don't have to go by it.

I'm gonna let my main do the talking for me, when I place better than Bowsers and Zeldas at tournaments it will just show there was a mistake on the list. If you don't agree with the list, prove your point and get your character to tournaments and own with them. Fighting over this list is stupid and a waste of time. No one said you have to worship this list and agree withit. No one has a gun to your head saying agree with it.

I won't agree with this list fully and I will not let it make me think twice about fighting these characters as Peach, cause I know my shizz. The same should apply for the rest of you. Fighting and arguing about this is like winning the special olympics. Even though you won it, you're still ********.

Ultimate Dark Yoshi

Smash Cadet
There is no need to fight about a tier list. Many don't agree with it. Its a tier list nothing more. It won't change your skills and how you play with your main. I don't agree with Bowser and Zelda over Peach. What what can I do about it. Nothing. List is made. and if you don't like it, you don't have to go by it.

I'm gonna let my main do the talking for me, when I place better than Bowsers and Zeldas at tournaments it will just show there was a mistake on the list. If you don't agree with the list, prove your point and get your character to tournaments and own with them. Fighting over this list is stupid and a waste of time. No one said you have to worship this list and agree withit. No one has a gun to your head saying agree with it.

I won't agree with this list fully and I will not let it make me think twice about fighting these characters as Peach, cause I know my shizz. The same should apply for the rest of you. Fighting and arguing about this is like winning the special olympics. Even though you won it, you're still ********.

We like to debate. It's fun. People do it maybe because they dislike the felliing of maining a low tier? I dunno.

M@v

Subarashii!
I generally agree with it. Fox is near the top of mid tier yayz :chuckle:. Anyway, It seems pretty accurate, although Diddy and pika in high tier? Where are the tourney results for them, i havent heard of diddys or pikas doing THAT well.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I generally agree with it. Fox is near the top of mid tier yayz :chuckle:. Anyway, It seems pretty accurate, although Diddy and pika in high tier? Where are the tourney results for them, i havent heard of diddys or pikas doing THAT well.
Where are the tourney results for Bowser and Luigi ??

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
As a first stab into competative character placement, there isn't much to complain. I think DK is a surprise to most people because he counters (or creating an even match-up) against MK and Snake. If Olimar is edgehogged, his recovery is demolished. Ness and Lucas, infinates... Think of character match-ups including tournament results...
C. Falcon last tier. Worser then Ganondorf? WTF?
Get your act together, and quickly.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Wow, how many tournment's was have to get a tier list too soon. Hasn't been a year yet and it's already functional. The tier list is alright, I just have to rep my boy Ness some more. :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ah, finally, a tier list for Brawl!

I think it should be about right, Ness and Lucas I can see moving up though, and Bowser moving down, but I'm fine with it, because now I can use Ness in low tier tourneys ^^

M@v

Subarashii!
Ah, finally, a tier list for Brawl!

I think it should be about right, Ness and Lucas I can see moving up though, and Bowser moving down, but I'm fine with it, because now I can use Ness in low tier tourneys ^^
Thats right! Low tier tourneys can now officialy be hosted.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
IMO Samus is middle tier. I can also see Ness and Lucas moving up. There will probably be another change in the tier list in about another 4 months from now.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Sheik is Mid tier!! Only a tier away from high now. ^^

Can someone explain why exactly DDD is so high in top tier? Its not odd or anything, all the recent (accurate) tier lists have it this way, but I'm not sure why. His bad matchups balance out his great ones (imo) so what makes him so great now?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't get the people that are "happy" and "yayyzz my chars high tire." Will that make you even better with your character because of his/her placing on this list? Didn't think so. If you're good with your Mid/Low/Bottom? character there's no need to be "sad".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom