• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know why they put Link that low. Ganondorf is better than Link? lol!

I think its to early with a tier list, wait a year instead.

But im happy with Ike being middle tier.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Has anyone but me noticed the words "tier" and "list" are yellow? Watch: "I forgot the grocery list at home."

It's yellow -___-

EDIT: WTF it's not yellow anymore....

Negative_Two

Smash Cadet
@blu link

did you find this thread through the search function? if so, the words you typed will be highlighted in yellow.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I like how they left out the people in the SBR who made the tier list.

Can someone from the backroom post a list of people who were in on this so I know who to blame for wanting a tier list 6 months into a 30+ character fighting game's life span.

After the first 7 top characters they basically just took their own bias towards the other 29 characters.

Sorry, but this list shouldn't have come out yet.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I don't get the people that are "happy" and "yayyzz my chars high tire." Will that make you even better with your character because of his/her placing on this list? Didn't think so. If you're good with your Mid/Low/Bottom? character there's no need to be "sad".
Has nothing to do with that. I think that sheik, if her potential as Sheik/zelda is considered, is high mid, and I'm glad that SBR recognized that she's not low tier trash. Also being higher on the list attracts more people to the character evolving that chars meta a little faster.

Everyone know's Mew2 is banned form tourney play. >.>

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
From what I've seen and heard, none of the current sbr members use Olimar, play against any Olimars, or see any decent Olimars play regularly.(Correct me if I'm completely wrong) That's all that matters with this list.
I use Olimar.

And yeah, it's possible to recover with Olimar; his recovery isn't as horrible as some people say. But it's still not good, and he's still a lot easier to gimp than many characters.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Tiers are stupid.... >_>;

Yes, I main Yoshi, a low-tier, and can probably murder a lot of high-tier characters with him. It's all about the players. Not the characters alone.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
do you guys take US tounrament resuslts only? if u use japan that explain bowsers and falco

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really need somebody to explain why Bowser is in mid and Lucas and Ness is in low.
I can understand why Ness is ranked low. However, Lucas fights better than Ness and even has some good matchups (he counters Peach big time). Plus, Lucas has more killing potential than Ness, but I'm guessing the reason for Lucas's tier placement has to do with how laggy his best attacks are.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dekuu, you would have gotten 20 win points if you had made that say "you're too slow".

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
ZOMG tier list haha

Ill start by saying that although the characters all seem in the correct order the tiers are not really divided up how I would have imagined. I see top belonging to snake and meta alone then the rest split up about the same.

Glad to see diddy make it in high he has some serious potential.

Surpirsed to see wario below marth and rob,his lagless aerials combined with that ridiculus air control makes him a force to be reckoned with. Plus he has a great ko move with his fsmash.

all in all its a very good representation of where the game is currently at, im surprised it came out so quick though. Probably will need revising in a few months.

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Why is lucario so high? He has major disadvantages against powerhouses. Honstly he should be low teir, or lower mid teir.
He can true combo better than any other character in the game, can ForceChain most of the cast, awesome aerials, great projectile, and his aura ability makes him hard as hell to kill late game.

Oh yeah, not to mention one of the best Smash players in the world is sodomizing the tourney circuit with him right now.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Friends don't let friends play against Bowser.

Stay in mid tier, you sexy dragon turtle.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I don't care to sift through 34 pages, so forgive me if this has been answered, but why only 4 tiers? All previous tier lists had 5-The low tier looks like it could be split to a low and bottom tier.
But it could be that there isn't a big enough difference between characters in one tier to prompt the split.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Keep in mind this is theVERSION 1
tier list
. This IS NOT the end all tier list.:ohwell:
You and many other people wish that people understand this. But they are people that pick only top or high tier charcter just so they could win and not pick they favroites at all.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
marth higher than wario why? just wondering not criticizing
Because there are people who mained Marth from Melee, and therefore she is played more than Wario, which means there will be more tourney records for her than Wario, which creates the illusion that she is better. This is the same reason that Toony is so low.

Silex

Smash Cadet
I think this tier List will change ...
And most particulary Between Hight and Middle characters ^^

FishStix

Smash Cadet
Glad to see Diddy made it to High, now I wont feel bad about him being me primary.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Agreed, but I've always wanted to see a tier list that actually explained why which characters were in that position. with Meta and snake its not hard to see why. But then again I assume such a list would take up many pages and require too much effort, or I would better served to this purpose if I simply read the conversation that inspired such placements.

FishStix

Smash Cadet
I must say, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer certainly don't seem like Low tier players to me...

So many of Lucas's moves have so much priority, do tons of damage, and have great knock back. Not to mention spamming PKF can be brutal, and you can hurt like 17% with PKT.

Squirtle and Ivy are beasts.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
still a proud sheik main

i'll say it again: this list is superbly accurate in reflecting the current metagame

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I must say, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer certainly don't seem like Low tier players to me...
Lucas, no. PT, 1/3rd no.

So many of Lucas's moves have so much priority, do tons of damage, and have great knock back. Not to mention spamming PKF can be brutal, and you can hurt like 17% with PKT.
PKT is pimp. you can push a heavy character off the screen in seconds with it.

Squirtle and Ivy are beasts.
Ivysaur, hell yeah. Squirts, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom