• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
Being the creative type, I'm always up for creating character movesets, and creating a moveset for Snake was pretty fun, albeit a bit difficult (his B+Up was the toughest, and I've heard the same thing from other moveset creators). I've never played a single Metal Gear game (let alone MGS2), so it was even tougher. Anyway, here's my hypothetical movelist for Snake:

B: XM82 Stun Grenade- throws a Flashbang forward, damaging and stunning the target.
B + Up: High Frequency Blade- leaps into the air and flips once, swinging a Vibroblade to attack.
B + Down: M18A1 Claymore Mine- pulls out a C4 bomb. This bomb is used as an item, and can be thrown at an enemy. Once thrown, it sticks to the target and can be detonated by pressing B + Down again. If it misses and enemy and lands on the ground or a wall, it sticks to said area and cannot be moved.
B + Smash: Nikita Remote Missile- fires a Nikita missile that can be controlled with the Control Stick if the B button is held. It offers no recovery capabilities (if it goes near Snake, it just passes around him) and leaves Snake open to attack. If Snake is hit while doing this move, the Nikita missile flies off in the direction in which it was headed. The same happens if the player let go of the B button while executing this attack.
Super: Metal Gear REX- the giant Metal Gear attacks the stage with Snake constantly dodging it and everybody else in the line of fire incurring massive damage.

Taunt: Snake pulls out a cigarette and lights it up for a quick puff.

On second thought, that wouldn't work. People who are heavily against smoking would have a hissy fit and complain. Freakin' anti-smoking lobbyists can be a complete wet blanket... </political rant>

New, "proactive" taunt (ecchh...) : Snake pulls out his dog-tags and spins them around on his finger.
Second secret taunt : Like Fox and Falco could do in the Corneria or Venom stages, Snake can activate his Codec to recieve a message from someone like Colonel or Otacon when he's at his stage (whatever it may be) if the right button combination is pressed.
Entrance: Snake's cardboard box appears on-stage (much like Yoshi's egg) and Snake comes out from under it.
R-Shield: As opposed to the standard translucent bubble shield, Snake uses his cardboard box to defend himself (again, much like Yoshi's egg). It turns more and more red as it accumulates damage and eventually dilapidates (yet again, much like Yoshi's egg).

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I've got a cool idea for an intro. How about Snake falls from the sky in stealth camo, (like he did in the Tanker part of MGS2) then, yknow, becomes visible and stuff. In fact, stealth camo could be incorporated into Snake's attacks somehow. That woold be interesting.

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
I've got a cool idea for an intro. How about Snake falls from the sky in stealth camo, (like he did in the Tanker part of MGS2) then, yknow, becomes visible and stuff. In fact, stealth camo could be incorporated into Snake's attacks somehow. That woold be interesting.
I'd say that's even better than the cardboard box entrance! At the very least, it's a lot cooler than a cardboard box.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
True, I can't really think of a good way to make use of the box for anything but a shield. It's not like it's gonna make him inconspicuous.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Even then I would still prefer a normal block over the cardboard box for a sheild... well.. actualy if they add in the equip noise every time you block I would be ok with the cardboard box being his sheild.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
A more realistic chracter using their bubble shield would be odd to say the least. I think the carboard box as a sheild is a good idea it would tie it to the MGS games mor than a bubble shield.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Well the reason I orignaly said bubble sheild is because they put up their hands in a blocking motion and I thought that would be cooler for Solid Snake.. plus a cardboard box isen't very much protection. The perfect block to me would just be him physicaly blocking the attacks with no bubble sheild or anything

Crom

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I would rather have it be a sheild so his down B can still be something like a claymore mine or camo instead of a kirby stone type attack

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i do want to see the box as an attack in some way, but i would also like to see mines and grenades as an attack. but i still think his recovery should involve a backflip kick of some sort.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I hope they add in a Big Boss costume with the Eye patch, kinda like how they give some characters hats and stuff in their alternate costumes.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe if he presses Down B, Snake will go into his cardboard box. When he moves inside the cardboard box (either left or right on stage) he weaves back and forth (almost like instant dodges) so there are more invincibility frames. His defense will also be slightly higher. But he cannot attack or dodge in this form. A press of A or a jump will make him throw off the box.

mikedick

Smash Rookie
^ grab: straps c4 to opponents chest and throws them straight up, where they explode in the air. just envisioning this feels cool. i think that gun disguised as a snake major zero was talking about should make an appearance too. or snake could put lit cigarettes out on opponents' arms?

icymatt

Smash Lord
yeah, no more alt. colors, they really need to have them change their appearance based upon other games in the series.
How will they be assigned teams in Team Vs, then? Your idea should be reserved for stuff that can be unlocked.

And if you want an idea of what Snake's alternate costumes could be:

There definetly could be more than that, but there's a basic idea.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
ok, i guess what i fully mean is that we shouldn't just get the alt. colors, but alt. costumes based upon the series. so we should have both is what i should of said.
I don't know if he'll end up with a tux or the old-man look or any of that, but he will DEFINITELY get camo. DEFINITELY. How could they not pass that up?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
they will probably give him his mgs1 look as alt., without the facial hair he already has, but yeah, camo would be cool to have. and i guess the eye patch or tuxedo would be cool as well.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
So that's what it was, I suppose if I spent less time insluting the teacher and more time studying in japanese then I would have recognised it. Anyway he needs to speak English or Spanish because Spanish sounds cool.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Are you saying he can't learn any other languages because he's from an english speaking country?

No, i'm saying that if he is in fact from an English speaking country, why would his primary language be Spanish. But, whatever. That's a little off-topic. The point is that Snake will kick ***. :joyful:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yes and he would sound cool in Spanish.

He shouldn't and won't smoke because Smoking is stupid and Nintendo is a family friendly console so none of that nonsense.

Top Bottom