• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
You don't seem to understand. Those people didn't -have- gas money to give me. but I wanted them to go so SC could be "better" but it never made a difference anyway. I never said I didn't charge gas money. I told them, but they said they only had enough to enter said tournament. Sometimes, they didn't have that.

Like, you're new. You don't really get how bad SC is on the whole. How bad we are compared to places like NC and GA which are just great scenes to be in. You'll figure it out eventually, I guess.

and you said "defiantly" twice, I think you meant "definitely" (not being a **** just making sure you saw that, two very different words)

the venue is about four hours away. for that drive, I can afford to go to Georgia. There needs to be a reason I should go to your event instead. I don't really see one yet. If Dill and Ramz or someone I know I can have fun with goes I might, but I still don't see how it's worth the drive, especially if there aren't enough Melee-ers to have a tournament, and thus no prizes. I don't see people making the drive, like last time. I mean go ahead and try and host it by all means, just... it's SC. prepare for disappointment.

also, fox and marth huh?
when I come up there (whenever that ends up being) I will give you ten dollars straight up if you can beat my Falco once the whole day, at Final D, Dreamland, or Stadium. free challenge. prize if you win. nothing happens if you lose.
just for you. : )
Well, I understand what your saying, thats why I said "you know the game" -- I meant too say "defiantly" twice ~ thats my word, Defiantly....haha

If you beat me I'll give you ten bucks no prob....and I live by this standard -- if everyone in the world felt like you "I don't think/I know that no one will show...so I'm not going" Then no one is going to be there, DUH lol

So I will in the future try and make every event, with no regrets. period (not saying you don't haha)

I also understand that a four hour drive is long....but it really depends on how bad you want to be somewhere. I would sell my soul to be able to go to any tournament anytime I felt across the world/nation -- Thats why I'm in school...because what I learn will help me pay for such a dream ~ So as long as you keep going to GA to play then keep on and I hope to meet you there soon enough

It's okay if you don't show, others who really want to play will show....at least I believe they will

I'm just glad my moms hasn't kicked me out yet

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
If Omega made a melee event, I'd go to it.

Then you'd have a reason to come TRC. :)

Also, you'd get gas money from Omega.

Also, I **** in melee.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
SC is never going to have a Melee scene, we don't even have a Brawl scene, and it is the more popular game.

Do like I have, and "man up SC."

Go to OOS tournaments and stop *****ing, nobody gives a ****.

If you're poor and can't afford it, stop *****ing, nobody gives a ****.

Seriously, stop *****ing, nobody gives a ****.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
TRC, I look forward too seeing you at my Melee events once I get them started...I hope I can find peeps to help with set ups and such

Dilly, RC is not THAT good, lawl jk, or am I?
Don't **** talk until you've played him. I'd say that I'm an above average player, and I took MAYBE 5 stocks off of his Falco in the 2 hours or so that we played.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I didn't go to TO5 : (

I went to a tournament in Feb or so and was like, 17th with all Young Link
and the recent one in Warner Robins, GA I got 6th with YL and Falco

If Omega made a melee event, I'd go to it.

Then you'd have a reason to come TRC. :)

Also, you'd get gas money from Omega.

Also, I **** in melee.
hell yes

this.

also Dill, you were doing better the more we went on, I noticed anyway. You were getting more and more used to the idea of fighting someone who can do what you do tech-wise, and were adjusting. you'll only get better the more we play. Also, play Ramz when you two have a chance. that'll be sweet.
I'll let you know when I can go back to Columbia

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
SC is never going to have a Melee scene, we don't even have a Brawl scene, and it is the more popular game.

I keep asking you to take me along and you keep not anwsering, so it's kinda hard when your not co-operating lulz

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Why are you still up at two in the morning?
I had actually finished waking up from a nap at about one. So I played some MMO's and stayed up till it was time to go to school.

So it seems I'm going to Maryland for Thanksgiving. I wanted to get Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 that weekend but it doesn't look like I will.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
MMO's only ruin lives if the people playing them are weak / pathetic / stupid / have nothing better or more concrete in their life.

That being said, you should go read a book Peyton. Gobama didn't become president of the Earth by smoking ganja and playing 'dem vidja games all day.

Specifically, you could read the book I wrote >.>

This applies to everyone >.>

'Sup Kidd?

>.>

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Oh it's a pleasure to see you again Crio! I'm doing well, just eyeballing tournaments around here, planning and plotting, hehe. God, Peach is just too fun to play. And you know I've just been up to the usual....voice over/singing/acting deal. How about you bro?

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Hey South carolina. Well i know it's been far too long since we've had a really good tournament(s) since TRC but i was going to ask the game stop in columbia if me and my cousin could host a BRawl and melee tournament there. Hopefully if all goes well we will be able to host it and make it a great tournament. If all fails? Well, we gave it a shot. I'll keep you guys updated. alright Zeadro out.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321

I think everybody would like for SC to man up. It doesn't really need to be said lol, that's just the unspoken truth. And I'm definitely not giving myself immunity to that claim either, I know I for one need to be doing a whole lot more, first starting with getting my driver's license. I'm 21 but I'm afraid that until recently I've had a very strong phobia of cars with an illogical fear that i can't explain, I suppose you could say that I was just afraid of getting in wrecks or whatever...I've been battling it for sometime now and hope to get my license soon...I tried like a week ago but I barely failed it...but as soon as I get it I'm going to be driving all over this state to play smash. I have a job, I have the game, and all I need is the transportation. There have been many a time where I've wanted to smash with you guys but I just couldn't get a ride, which is and always has been my primary reason of inactivity.

Sorry for the big *** wall of text, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm really trying to make an effort to step it up because well you guys are SC SMASH! Whenever I go to tournaments I have a great time and everybody is very personable and friendly. Even though I have my own opinions about metaknight and may gripe about his being banned in the state I still love SC smash as a whole, I truly do. Hopefully soon I can show this by getting my license and as Snapp said, get my *** to a tournament. lol

TL;DR- Getting my license, love you guys, I really wanna play smash with you all and I'll start driving to prove it. I wanna "man up" and play this game for real. =3

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I don't think anyone is gonna make it to Winterfest. I think I remember looking up it's location, seeing like, a double digit hour drive, and I was like "yeah not happening" I don't know about anyone else.

@ Zeadro I almost guarantee you the gamestops will say no, DEFINITELY say no to Melee. Brawl is kinda possible.

I already barked at the PlaynTrade and Game Crazy about it. Neither will probably listen, but might be worth trying. Gamestops in general are bad places for tourneys anyway (their TVs sometimes are uh... and where do we sit? etc) Go ahead and ask, just warning you, Gamestops are generally pretty hard to work with on anything.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
On a semi-related note.

Is anyone going to Pound 4?

My attendance is potential AT BEST.

30%

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
No way for me. I was getting a job at Earth Fare, when I walked in yesterday and they told me "oh, we hired some other people" and walked off.

so **** me. of the eight places I turned in apps at they were the only one to call back. ****.

I hope you can make it Crio. Wreck some *****es for me

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm twist. I moved here from MD like 4 days ago. I'm in Georgetown I think and I only play melee and I main Falcon and Falco. It would be cool if i could play some of you guys^_^

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
apparently there are 2 Georgetowns in SC according to mapfail.

you're the one near the coast / Pawleys Island I am assuming from your location on SWF
that means we're a little over an hour in distance from each other. not so bad. it can be done.

Florence doesn't appear to be all that far from you, maybe 2 hours. That's where Yay and his boys are so maybe they'll be willing to meet up with you at some point, as well.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
guys, for the sake of the melee players, any car coming to omegas next event to play melee will recieve gas money (amount is location dependent) from me.

-SNapPle

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
apparently there are 2 Georgetowns in SC according to mapfail.

you're the one near the coast / Pawleys Island I am assuming from your location on SWF
that means we're a little over an hour in distance from each other. not so bad. it can be done.

Florence doesn't appear to be all that far from you, maybe 2 hours. That's where Yay and his boys are so maybe they'll be willing to meet up with you at some point, as well.
****. Both of you guys are good too. SC isn't as bad as people make it seem...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
guys, for the sake of the melee players, any car coming to omegas next event to play melee will recieve gas money (amount is location dependent) from me.

-SNapPle
In that case I will enter Brawl too, to up the pot for the real players lol, sorta returning the favor : )
I will totally come.

I will not enter Brawl.

But thanks Snap Attack.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So if i come down for some Melee, Snap u will fund my gas?

It'll be a lot, but umm.. i THINK i am free.. Since i left, i have YET to get a **** job, seriously. Since Sept 16th, i've been unemployed :/

I leave for chicago this Tuesday-Wednesday to finalize my AF stuff, then im on a wait list till January-March sometime, and i go for basic training which is 2 months. If u will pay my gas Snap, i will def wh0re myself around Rockfrod for gas money/ get my 2 cousins/friend mark to come down an possibly enter any and all events :)

But if u aint got like...... $130 to fund my gas tank both ways, can't happen, xD

Edit: I would legit come if ppl would pool together gas money for me- it'd be like... drive out teh day b4, stay with someone that night, have tourney, sleep, head out on wake up the next morning. Even if i start working (i DID get hired at target 1 week ago, but i have to do orientation), i can call in on that ****. 3 days for SC Smash? C mon, lol :p

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Area 6 in this mother ****er?

legit.

anyway. guys i was serious about the Gas money. melee is too good to watch and i want to see Dj get beat.

Top Bottom