• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion

ICEIGHT

Smash Cadet
Theo nly thing that sux about Zero Sit is that it only appears AFTER final smash correct, and i doubt there will be any items in tournaments (if there is any) so how would you be able to use Zero?

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Zamus weak and fast like Pichu? Sheik anybody? That would be a closer comparison.......

Speaking of sheik.... Maybe it's like being sheik right off the bat when you pick Zelda...... If you hold A before the battle the armor falls off as you appear, then you're either stuck as zamus all battle or just until you die again and you can do the same everytime you're on that platform.....

That's a little complicated......... Whatever....... They'll make Zero Suit Samus accesssexable, you can count on that..... we'll know how Samus strips eventually

Del Money

Smash Champion
Theo nly thing that sux about Zero Sit is that it only appears AFTER final smash correct, and i doubt there will be any items in tournaments (if there is any) so how would you be able to use Zero?
uh this debates been happening all day...but you probably jst logged in so its aight

Zamus weak and fast like Pichu? Sheik anybody? That would be a closer comparison.......

Speaking of sheik.... Maybe it's like being sheik right off the bat when you pick Zelda...... If you hold A before the battle the armor falls off as you appear, then you're either stuck as zamus all battle or just until you die again and you can do the same everytime you're on that platform.....

That's a little complicated......... Whatever....... They'll make Zero Suit Samus accesssexable, you can count on that..... we'll know how Samus strips eventually
perfect answer

Fast ZSS would make sense, she was **** fast with the suit on.. Not without she should be a quick beast. Zoom out those combos like nothing.
yeah she'll be hella fast (lol i said hella). hell, she might even be higher tier than regular samus even though shes weaker

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wow SO many of you keep posting the same thing.
The thing about how ZSS is like Sheik and it may be possible to just hold A before the match to start off as ZSS. Why do we keep having to post this over and over?
Also, maybe ZSS doesn't have an actual move set considering she's just an "after effect character" . Maybe she has no B-Moves or something. But if she DOES have her own COMPLETE moveset, it's a pretty safe bet you'll be able to start the match as her (that's IF she doesnt get her own character slot) .

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Id rather think that Zero Suit Samus can have a final smash in the form of the Crystal Flash from Super Metroid. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alepBscgUX0

Sakurai researches far back for character moves and history, so I wouldnt doubt it. As you can see, Samus envelops herself in an orb of energy that replenishes her suit. Now for Brawl, it can be translated as Zero Suit Samus enveloping herself in a huge orb of energy that damages nearby foes for a while and when it is done, Samus has her suit back on (reconstructed by Crystal Flash).

I think this would be perfect for Zero Suit Samus' potential final smash, and aesthetically would look great too. Notice that you can see Samus within the suit, in that video?
I think it is the best idea yet for her FS!

Anybody else have the feeling that Zamus is going to be like Pichu, fast and weak? (I'm not saying she's going to hurt herself with her own attacks)
Like some others said, but I'm too lazy too quote them, she would probably be most comnparable with sheik.

Wow SO many of you keep posting the same thing.
That's one of the things that is making me want to stop reading this thread!

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah theres really not more to discuss, and ive repeated myself more times than i shouldve. if anyone still has questions or anything they should go to...page 15 or something and start reading up to here

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I still believe Pichu is a better comparison, because it sounds like Zamus is going to be an extremely weak character. I think Zamus is going to be a punishment for using an incredibly overpowered final smash.
"That weapon is extremely powerful. Her opponents’ damage meters skyrocket! ...But afterward, Samus has a problem. All of her armor fell off! Now she’s just Zero Suit Samus. That really was her last trump card. She used a weapon so powerful, it destroyed her Power Suit. (www.smashbros.com)" Also, it seems as if Zamus will do poorly in close combat. As it was worded on smasbros.com, "Not exactly the straightforward fight you thought it was, huh?" What I do have to say though, is that that is only my interpretation of it, and I may very well be wrong. I'm not against Zamus having awesome combo abilities, I don't want anybody to get that impression.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I still believe Pichu is a better comparison, because it sounds like Zamus is going to be an extremely weak character. I think Zamus is going to be a punishment for using an incredibly overpowered final smash.
"That weapon is extremely powerful. Her opponents’ damage meters skyrocket! ...But afterward, Samus has a problem. All of her armor fell off! Now she’s just Zero Suit Samus. That really was her last trump card. She used a weapon so powerful, it destroyed her Power Suit. (www.smashbros.com)" Also, it seems as if Zamus will do poorly in close combat. As it was worded on smasbros.com, "Not exactly the straightforward fight you thought it was, huh?" What I do have to say though, is that that is only my interpretation of it, and I may very well be wrong. I'm not against Zamus having awesome combo abilities, I don't want anybody to get that impression.
QFT

And we keep posting the same thing because after the debate is over. Someone else finds their way into this thread and won't read it so they will ask the same thing. Easy way to rack up the post count if you ask me since we don't have to think about it. Just remember what you posted earlier ^^

Gindor

Smash Ace
I think, with the loss of her armor, she would be a lot quicker and she might get stuck in that state, so it would be stupid for her to have her weak.
But how you interpret it may be more accurate than our thoughts on zamus.

Del Money

Smash Champion
sexy suit smamus maybe be weaker than regular but i doubt so weak she cant finish as opponent off at least and 120%. if they did that, they might as well give her attacks full priority so she combos endlessly ans STILL cant finish off an opponent til like 300%. ok thats a little ridiculous, but my point SSS will be reasonably weaker not uber (i hate the word) weaker

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm not really saying "weaker" but definitely faster it seems. Probably just making her look weaker but not actually in the game weaker. She will still have to be balanced with the rest of the SSBs if she will be a seperate character which is a bit hinted at I guess.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Samus' style will probably be the same, launching and juggling, while zamus' style wii probably be opposite to that, fast ground combos with a few (at least) air moves.
Samus' specials will also probably be the same, a few powerful projectiles, while zamus' projectiles would stun the foe, leaving them open for her combos, verymuch the opposite of projectiles that finish the foe.
Samus' specials probably won't change at all. Zamus' will probably be completely new, except for the CFesk down kick if it gets in.

Fawriel

Smash Master
kind of like y. link fighting link or doc fighting mario. essentially the same characters...peace

-hiroshi
Heh, I guess. But Young Link is Link from a different time, and Doc could be considered more or less separate from Mario, they appeared in different games... Zamus challenging Samus would be like... using Snake to unlock Hawaiian Shirt Snake. o_0

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Are AR codes even tournament legal?

I wouldn't know because I've never been in a tournament.
*Off Topic* Me neither.. And how would AR help?

There are going to be a quite a bit of ZSS users when and if she is a seperate. She looks like a good character.. fast, long range.. She seems pretty kickin to me. I would use her secondary if I like her.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I agree, but I don't see a way thet nintendo would do that easily without thinking about how the zamus users would feel, maybe they'll let people slect zamus in tournaments, and the fact that items will be blocked, means zamus' final smash won't change her back if it normally would.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh, I think it would be IDIOTIC to make a character only playable with items. So there MUST be a way, Sakurai isn't that stupid.

Plus, are AR codes allowed in tourneys?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well, like I've said many times before:

Sakurai isn't dumb. He WILL give us ZSS as a playable character without having to use items.
Yes, yes. I have no proof. But it'll happen. We all know it will.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Man threads seem to be dieing a lot lately-anyways-you know the update about the franklin badge (which practically comfirms "mother" characters), I noticed zamus was using some kind of stun shot maybe. I know there was at least electricity and charging. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item08.html

on a side note-she used her whip as a tether recovery tool, just rescourcefulness to me, I think more characters will have tether recoverys this time because sakurai made a big deal out of it.

Snakey

Smash Cadet
That's excatly what I've been thinking.. ZSS would be so much better as a selectable character rather than a changed state of an exsiting character.
This means that ZSS would only appear in non-tourny games.. :(

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
You people make me want to punch babies. You all do realize that she'll purposely be a bad character? And WTF is with everyone saying they would want to play as her in tourneys when half of the people here have no intent on even using her or attending a tournament in the future? STFU and stop being so whiny people. Go cry over Sora and Cloud not having a chance.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, I don't know about this Zamus ( preffer to nick her that instead of Zss) She seems to have a one weapon arsenal thats as versatile as Link's array of items, decent recovery, up to par with links because i doubt she will have acess to bombs, and i can only guess she will be very, very fast and light, if we assume her armor was what weighted her down. I think she will be too easy to send flying, because, the way I see it, she IS suposed to be a disadvantage of using your final smash.

Now that I think about it, i see two scenarios here:

1.- Samus's Final Smash is extremelly powerful, more so than the other character's, but then she becomes Zamus as a price to pay, becoming more vulnerable for the rest of the fight or untill her armor respawns, if it's possible somehow.

2.- Samus's Final Smash sucks compared to everyone else's, but to compensate she turns into Zamus, giving her superior mobility, range, and speed, basically turning her into Melee's Sheick.

Seeing how Zamus seems to last the rest of the stock or battle, and stuff like Yoshi's Dragon thing is time limited, I am inclined to believe the former scenario is the most likely.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Reason number one is the only choice that's even partially logical. From what we've seen, and we already know about Zero Suit Samus' character, she isn't going to be very good, and that's on purpose. Anyone think that the Zero Laser is nearly broken? Yes. So after using an overpowered move, you're forced to play as a character who isn't up to par with the rest. It'll be like playing as Captain Falcon, and after you kill someone with a knee, you got to play as Mewtwo for the rest of the match. Bad analogy, but still..

Gindor

Smash Ace
That's excatly what I've been thinking.. ZSS would be so much better as a selectable character rather than a changed state of an exsiting character.
This means that ZSS would only appear in non-tourny games.. :(
Why not both? I think that you could select who you start as and the smash orb attacks and swaps your style.

You people make me want to punch babies. You all do realize that she'll purposely be a bad character?

Do you work at nintendo?

And WTF is with everyone saying they would want to play as her in tourneys when half of the people here have no intent on even using her or attending a tournament in the future?

How do you know that?

STFU and stop being so whiny people.

I for one agree here
If it is bad get over it.

Go cry over Sora and Cloud not having a chance.

I also agree about sora and cloud's chance of getting in.
my lines in red ^^^

Hmmm, I don't know about this Zamus ( preffer to nick her that instead of Zss) She seems to have a one weapon arsenal thats as versatile as Link's array of items, decent recovery, up to par with links because i doubt she will have acess to bombs, and i can only guess she will be very, very fast and light, if we assume her armor was what weighted her down. I think she will be too easy to send flying, because, the way I see it, she IS suposed to be a disadvantage of using your final smash.

She still is a human being, so I would think her to be a (at least) little biy heavyer

Now that I think about it, i see two scenarios here:

1.- Samus's Final Smash is extremelly powerful, more so than the other character's, but then she becomes Zamus as a price to pay, becoming more vulnerable for the rest of the fight or untill her armor respawns, if it's possible somehow.

more probable

2.- Samus's Final Smash sucks compared to everyone else's, but to compensate she turns into Zamus, giving her superior mobility, range, and speed, basically turning her into Melee's Sheick.

"That weapon is extremely powerful. Her opponents’ damage meters skyrocket!

...But afterward, Samus has a problem."-strit from smashbros.com

Seeing how Zamus seems to last the rest of the stock or battle, and stuff like Yoshi's Dragon thing is time limited, I am inclined to believe the former scenario is the most likely.

/nod
lines in red again ^^^

Reason number one is the only choice that's even partially logical.

look at my quote from sakurai ^^^

From what we've seen, and we already know about Zero Suit Samus' character, she isn't going to be very good, and that's on purpose. Anyone think that the Zero Laser is nearly broken? Yes.

I would say not, for smash bros learns from mistakes.

mewtwo was too easy to kill
sheik is better than zelda-she won't likely return (being it is TP, not OoT, but there still is a miniscule chance)
ness was overpowered-now he's not

So after using an overpowered move, you're forced to play as a character who isn't up to par with the rest. It'll be like playing as Captain Falcon, and after you kill someone with a knee, you got to play as Mewtwo for the rest of the match. Bad analogy, but still..
that's what it souns like, but look at my last line.

Im pretty sure the will allow ZSS to be selected from the start.
/concur

(new) samus/zamus FTW!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Samus is my favourite character from Melee...

I really don't like Zero Samus' proportions but I'm betting Zero Samus and Samus will be my favourite character(s) in Brawl

Snakey

Smash Cadet
Gindor, I think it'd be great if Zamus was selectable, but there's no knowing until more information is released.

As Zhilo said, there's two possible scenarios. It's one or the other, and nothing has been confirmed. So, Gypsy Lee, you cannot be certain of your preferred outcome.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Reason number one is the only choice that's even partially logical. From what we've seen, and we already know about Zero Suit Samus' character, she isn't going to be very good, and that's on purpose. Anyone think that the Zero Laser is nearly broken? Yes. So after using an overpowered move, you're forced to play as a character who isn't up to par with the rest. It'll be like playing as Captain Falcon, and after you kill someone with a knee, you got to play as Mewtwo for the rest of the match. Bad analogy, but still..
That makes sense. If Zamus really is sucky than the Zero Laser is the most powerful Final Smash in the game (and so far, it sure looks like it).

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
just a cuz Zamus was weaker in Metroid Games doesnt mean that she's gonna be weaker in Smash, just like Mewtwo is an absolute god in pokemon games and anime, but he completely sucks in Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
just a cuz Zamus was weaker in Metroid Games doesnt mean that she's gonna be weaker in Smash, just like Mewtwo is an absolute god in pokemon games and anime, but he completely sucks in Smash.
He doesn't suck, most people don't know how to use him

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Sorry if anybody's already thought of this, but what if Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash involved her gunship? She could go up into her gunship, and fires a massive volley of lasers and missiles at the stage. When she returns, though, she'll be back in her suit again.

This seems to me to be the most logical way for her to become normal Samus again via a Final Smash, because she's hardly going to pull another suit out of her pocket, is she?

Deception

Smash Ace
This thread needs to be more active. Today's update on Zamus makes me think she will be able to be playable without the Final Smash. And her side special is a TIPPER!!!

Top Bottom