• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
So....... ZSS = Sheik's spiritual successor???

Successor =/= Replacement, btw. The moves don't have to be exactly the same to take a character's place.

As for a possible FSA, I'm personally guessing it'll be the Chozo Guardian. The spirit will appear, attack enemies, and then switch ZSS back into her suit.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I remember when we first learned of the Zamus transformation the first thing I thought that was she wouldnt be all THAT good. I mean she wont suck but I agree when people when they say she might not be that good.

you could look at it as ok she losses her suit and now she gonna be alot fatser and manuverable

or

you can be like ok she lost her suit and now she's kinda defenseless and weak

Fawriel

Smash Master
She looks anything but defenseless...
In fact, she looks like she has a lot of tricks up her sleeves and would take long to master...
Considering that they made a four-in-one character, I wouldn't put it completely past them to make such an optional character, but why make it such a complex one if it's supposed to be the negative aftereffect of a Final Smash...?

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Hey ZSS Fans! Today was a pretty awesome update. :)

Anyway, You know the Nintendo World trailer we got of Brawl.

The one with Fox at the end. Well when it got to Zero Suit Samus, I noticed her changing her gun into her laser gun.

Maybe that is her Down B.

What do you think? ;)

Heegu

Smash Apprentice
In one of Snake's communication videos (the one where they talk about zamus) Mel Ling says that zamus is really fast. This might be her advantage if she's not that powerful with attacks.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I find it funny at this thread's lack of activity considering today's update.

Anyway, anyone else notice the lack of a down special move today? I wonder what it could be...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm surprised they gave us 3. Usually only give us 2 or 1(pit, wario, fox, mario, diddy, ike).
Link, PT(kinda), MK(kinda), are the only characters who've been given 3+ moves.

I was never fond of saying that ZSS replaced Sheik, but I have to admit now that some of her abilities announced, she does seem an awful lot like Sheik.

LockeExe

Smash Cadet
I have the feeling she's going to be amazing at combos. Paralyzing, pulling people towards her with her upB. Can't wait to use her.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Burden-That would be the simplest and best way really.

And yeah, Sheik lost some more chance today :p

I think she got more than 2 cause she UB and FB are both her tether which was shown. DB was the only one that nobody could really guess at other than switching weapons. Either her paralyzer is different that red laser and her UB and FB change when she uses DB to switch or The paralyzer is long range (the lazer) and she actually doesn't switch SM but her DB switches her Standard Attacks. Meh...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
In Metroid Prime 3, Samus is easily able to go from Zero Suit to Power Suit and vice versa. Maybe it's not so hard to change...

...unless Sakurai completely ignores the Prime games and we're forced to do something overly complicated/stupid, or worse, we can't go back to the suit at all.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I thought if anything today, this update would stop Zamus being compared to Sheik. Out of the specials we seen, I only notice one of them looking similar to a move Sheik did. Otherwise, I fail to see a relationship between Sheik's and Zamus' special and up special.

Is Zero Suit form playable in Prime 3 or do you only get to see it at certain times?

In other news...

Bzzzzzzzzzzt! I can't get enough of this.

Pit seems to be enjoying this.

gamer8

Smash Lord
In one of Snake's communication videos (the one where they talk about zamus) Mel Ling says that zamus is really fast. This might be her advantage if she's not that powerful with attacks.
I think those also come on before the match starts so will zero suit samus be a playable character out of final smash?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... seems like Zamus has a thing about showing up in newer Metroid games nowadays.

Anyway...

Surely Sakurai thought about Zamus being playable without using a Final Smash. On the other hand, he could have made it so that is indeed the only way and wants to encourage item use... :urg: I hope the latter isn't truth, since I don't see why a matter of play style should be punished.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I thought her Dsmash was the spin she did in the trailer, not shooting her gun at the ground. I guess they changed it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the spin thing looked more like an up smash to me.

as for a down b, near the end of the Nintendo World Trailer, you can see Zamus do this powerful downward kick toward the ground. i think this could be the down b attack

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Samus is so dreamy... *sees wife coming... runs*

distr0ia

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't sure what to think of zero-suit Samus at first. "they're messing wtih my main! :mad:"

I'm not only cool with the idea now, but I think it's an exciting prospect. can't wait!

Withouthatred

Smash Cadet
anybody else notice how they haven't shown the down b attack for zsamus?

They've just cleaverly shown the down a attack instead.

This makes me suspicious, could sheik be reincarnated as zsamus?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I doubt it...Shiek has basically been confirmed to in the least appear in new TP design...

Besides, how would that work that ZSamus turns back to Samus but Samus only turns to ZSamus by getting the Smash Orb? Besides, how would she get her armor back...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

I don't know, maybe. She seems to have some moves that look like Sheik's, but it's really to early to tell. If she did have Sheik's moveset and Sheik was cut; I doubt many people would care because they never used Sheik because of her background, just her moveset.

-Knight

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I thought if anything today, this update would stop Zamus being compared to Sheik. Out of the specials we seen, I only notice one of them looking similar to a move Sheik did. Otherwise, I fail to see a relationship between Sheik's and Zamus' special and up special.

Is Zero Suit form playable in Prime 3 or do you only get to see it at certain times?

In other news...

Bzzzzzzzzzzt! I can't get enough of this.

Pit seems to be enjoying this.
I noticed this too. What could that quote from Sakurai mean?

Sorry about the double post btw.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ugh, this thread hasn't been active at all lately.

My sister is downloading stuff on her computer right now, so tomorrow when my computer is fast again I'll read all the pages I missed and comment on things.

Sorry for this spammy post.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
hey anyone notice that you get tether platforms now?
I actually think that that was the edge she was tethering. The platform below that you thought was the edge was that small platform that moves back and forth underneath Skyworld.
the Paralyzer move is interesting. Her down smash is the same as her standard special? Strange things indeed. Really, this has me very interested. I can't stand waiting anymore, I just need to get my hands on this game already!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hmm...

the many newer gameplay methods bring a whole new mindset of the chars.

for instance, Pit's B-Up combined with Glising seems to be...

Uber Tier.

Or Ice Climbers.

Can they perform an infinite Tether Jump?

We will know 12/3/07...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I was hoping she'd have a breakdance down smash like Doc or Sheik...

I have the feeling that you'll be able to choose Zamus at the beginning of a match. Remember Snake? "Samus took her clothes off!", then they discussed Zero Suit Samus, not Regular Samus. So she was probably Zamus right at the beginning.

Joe C

Smash Cadet
Has the discussion of her final smash been covered in this thread yet? We know that Samus does the huge blaster shot then becomes ZS but what if she gets another final smash ball.?The new videos so more then one final smash ball per fight so this is definitely a good point of discussion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, if Zamus truly IS the new shiek...Both of my mains will be alternate version of the SAME character!!!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Has the discussion of her final smash been covered in this thread yet? We know that Samus does the huge blaster shot then becomes ZS but what if she gets another final smash ball.?The new videos so more then one final smash ball per fight so this is definitely a good point of discussion.
Characters can only do one FS each.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm just hoping Zamus isn't activated via Final Smash because it will be hard to play her often. Then again they can always put in the hold A trick (like with Sheik).
I agree. They'll HAVE to use one of that A trick to transform since , as the demo showed us, there is no vacancy for it to be placed in one of her special moves. If not, you won't see Zero suit Samus at ANY tournaments. :(

Top Bottom