• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Who would even think it would be once per life?

I would assume that only one appears per match.

Del Money

Smash Champion
- Well, duh. However, it's been speculated before that characters can lose their weapons, for some reason I can't recall. This might be some kinda new gameplay mechanic.

- Common sense/Sakurai is not an utter ******. You'd think the man knows how to properly design a game.
youve got a point. like wario can lose this bike. i wonder if anyone can ride it?
come to think of it, the motocycle might make wario combo vids hard to make

more on topic: maybe sexy suit samus can collect all the pieces of her suit back (like holding A instead of pressing A to pick it up and throw). just a theory

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm almost 100% sure that there will be a different way to transform, like holding A down. Say if you go on training mode, you wont be able to use her, as I doubt the Smash Ball would be an item you can randomly bring up.

Plus, do you think that every screenshot that Zamus was in, was played through, until they got a Smash ball, and then they got Samus to get it, and then posed it to take the picture?

There's got to be an easier way to get her.

As for her moves, charge pistol for the win. It would work like Wario waft, but it takes 3-4 seconds to charge, and has the hightest firing rate of a gun. It would be basically a faster superscope, that didn't almost garuantee a KO when fully charged. 1% for a hit, 7-10% for a charged.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I knew the trailer wasn't just smoke and mirrors! Wario's bike gave it away. I had really started to think it was something other than her Final Smash, though. Oh well. To be honest, I'm mostly glad that this isn't too disruptive to Samus. Being able to switch back and forth with a button press would have sucked.

And to everyone whining about ZSS being virtually unplayable: Come on, people! In Melee, Sakurai went through the effort to design a code to start a match as Sheik instead of Zelda, and why? To save the player a second and a half of mild inconvenience. Do you honestly thing he's going to ignore this one? Have some faith, people! He's not a moron. I would bet my life on there being an alternate method of playing Zero Suit Samus.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Fawriel
Common sense/Sakurai is not an utter ******. You'd think the man knows how to properly design a game.
I asked you how you knew that Zamus would be selectable on her own, and your answer is "Sakurai is not a ******"?

Gypsy Lee
I know Sakurai isn't going to make Zamus a strong character.
No you don't.

Fawriel
Of course, she's weaker in a way.
How do you know she's weaker? And before you say anything, "Sakurai is not a ******" isn't an acceptable answer.

Fawriel
Think of it as Link reverting to Young Link.
That would be incredibly stupid.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I knew the trailer wasn't just smoke and mirrors! Wario's bike gave it away. I had really started to think it was something other than her Final Smash, though. Oh well. To be honest, I'm mostly glad that this isn't too disruptive to Samus. Being able to switch back and forth with a button press would have sucked.

And to everyone whining about ZSS being virtually unplayable: Come on, people! In Melee, Sakurai went through the effort to design a code to start a match as Sheik instead of Zelda, and why? To save the player a second and a half of mild inconvenience. Do you honestly thing he's going to ignore this one? Have some faith, people! He's not a moron. I would bet my life on there being an alternate method of playing Zero Suit Samus.
that and the fact that if that was the only way sexy suit samus could appear onscreen, her profile wouldve been in this mornings update too. so people need to relax.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I asked you how you knew that Zamus would be selectable on her own, and your answer is "Sakurai is not a ******"?

How do you know she's weaker? And before you say anything, "Sakurai is not a ******" isn't an acceptable answer.

...you have a very strange way of arguing.

- Creating a whole character with model, moveset, physics, binary moves, voice acting, tweaking..... only to have it appear in the off chance that Samus gets to use her FS? Unlikely.

- It seems kinda intuitive that a girl in spandex is physically weaker than a girl in a Chozo Power Suit.

- Now you're just trying to pick a fight. That was a simple analogy.

Del Money

Smash Champion
- It seems kinda intuitive that a girl in spandex is physically weaker than a girl in a Chozo Power Suit.
sheik in melee is your perfect counterexample

So how exactly will Zero Suit Samus be played in tournaments if items are not allowed?
like i said, sexy suit samus (and please start calling her that) will have another way of appearing. otherwise if she was only a result of samus' final smash.\, their wouldve been a character profile for SSS as part of todays update

Caael

Smash Lord
Think about it. One final Smash per match, and if your matches are small and end fast, theres not much chance of getting a FS. Why go to all the trouble of programming Zamus in if people are hardly going to be able to use her? There's going to be another way, trust.

Fawriel said:
girl in a Chozo Power Suit.
VARIA! VARIA SUIT! HER POWER SUIT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT! GET IT RIGHT!

http://http://yessite.20fr.com/images/jan3002.jpg POWER

http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/d/de/Samus.jpg VARIA

GET IT RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Sorry, I get so annoyed when people say power when it's NOT!!!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
That's not what I meant guys. I was saying:

Why the hell would you make Zamus as good as or better than Samus? In Zero Mission, she was terrible. She had one energy tank, a pistol that only stunned and had to charge in between shots, and had no special abilities what so ever. And she can remove her suit at will, but she can't just shed it in a few seconds. So why do you people want to have the change to happen by a "button combination?" And why would you take out her bombs, they're not worthless? Super Wavedash, Bomb Jumping, Wave Bombing... there are tons of uses for bombs. And the transformation into Samus is supposed to be like a PUNISHMENT for destroying your armor with the final smash because you have to play as a weak character afterwards.

And then you guys are basically saying:

OMG she should be really good like Shiek and transform at will! She has potential! They should take out her bombs and replace it with the transformation, because bombs are worthless! It doesn't make any sense to make Zamus suck, because realism doesn't exist in Smash! Now let's complain about why she doesn't use the Prime suit some more.

Seriously, you people are ******** sometimes >.> I'm not usually an angry person, but this just really pushes my buttons.

Caael

Smash Lord

Why the hell would you make Zamus as good as or better than Samus? In Zero Mission, she was terrible. She had one energy tank,
Not true. She only had one energy tank filled until you got to a save and refilled them all.

Gypsy Lee said:

OMG she should be really good like Shiek and transform at will! She has potential! They should take out her bombs and replace it with the transformation, because bombs are worthless! It doesn't make any sense to make Zamus suck, because realism doesn't exist in Smash! Now let's complain about why she doesn't use the Prime suit some more.
I lol'd at that, especially the Prime suit bit.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice

No you don't.

i think they meant weaker as in how
cap.falcon is weaker than gannon but way
faster

Fawriel

Smash Master
Woah. You guys do have strange "buttons".

@Caael: Sorry I mixed that up, but it's not like I ever played Metroid... and... it kinda says "Power Suit" in the update. *cough*

@Gypsy: There's no reason to get so angry. You say that Zamus is weaker in the games than Samus, which is true and I see the point. But still. That doesn't mean THAT much. Pichu is weaker than Pikachu, but it can still compete. Its abilities are mostly worse, but it has certain advantages.
She's also made out to be a disadvantage, which is probably the best point. I can't give you a real counter-argument for that, but I could see it as a disadvantage if I had to play a character I didn't choose to play with...

The rest of the things you said, I will ignore. Nobody except for a select few said any of that, and you'll realize that once you calmed down. You can make anything sound stupid if you yell it in a stupid voice.

Del Money

Smash Champion

Why the hell would you make Zamus as good as or better than Samus? In Zero Mission, she was terrible. She had one energy tank, a pistol that only stunned and had to charge in between shots, and had no special abilities what so ever. And she can remove her suit at will, but she can't just shed it in a few seconds. So why do you people want to have the change to happen by a "button combination?" And why would you take out her bombs, they're not worthless? Super Wavedash, Bomb Jumping, Wave Bombing... there are tons of uses for bombs. And the transformation into Samus is supposed to be like a PUNISHMENT for destroying your armor with the final smash because you have to play as a weak character afterwards.

Seriously, you people are ******** sometimes >.> I'm not usually an angry person, but this just really pushes my buttons.
i never said would transform at will. i just said therell most likely be another way of getting her onscreen as a starting character. please learn to read

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Think about it. One final Smash per match, and if your matches are small and end fast, theres not much chance of getting a FS. Why go to all the trouble of programming Zamus in if people are hardly going to be able to use her? There's going to be another way, trust.

VARIA! VARIA SUIT! HER POWER SUIT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT! GET IT RIGHT!

http://http://yessite.20fr.com/images/jan3002.jpg POWER

http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/d/de/Samus.jpg VARIA

GET IT RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Sorry, I get so annoyed when people say power when it's NOT!!!
Actually, it is considered her power suit. The Varia Suit is just an upgrade for it. So you could call it either one.

Caael

Smash Lord
If it was the power suit, it would look yellow with small shoulders. It has done in every game ( with colour. Metroid 2 doesn't count)

Fawriel said:
@Caael: Sorry I mixed that up, but it's not like I ever played Metroid... and... it kinda says "Power Suit" in the update. *cough*
Yeah, well, Sakurai was WRONG. Because he's crap.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
If it was the power suit, it would look yellow with small shoulders. It has done in every game ( with colour. Metroid 2 doesn't count)

Yeah, well, Sakurai was WRONG. Because he's crap.
0_o

Someone's VERY grumpy this mourning...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i still think there should be an alternative to the transformation. considering we don't know some of the factors, it's hard to determine if this is an advantage or a disadvantage. if Zamus is weaker, then people won't go for the Smash Ball, but the blast looks to be exponentially better than the other Final Smashes if that were true. but if Zamus is better, then you would have to wait a long time for the chance to transform. plus we don't know if the Final Smash is performed once per match or once for each character (the latter seems more likely). and can Zamus transform back?

i really hope for Zamus tomorrow as an update to clear any questions us smashers have about her

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is complete speculation. For all we know, that's exactly what he plans to do. Though, what I said is also speculation. I guess we will see in the coming weeks, or once we get Brawl.
You misunderstand. I mean...it may be something like where Final Smashes can't be turned off or you get one per match half-way through or you become Zamus the whole rest of the match or...any number of other possibilities. My point was that this isn't the whole story. Everyone is saying that Final Smashes are going to be items and banned from tourneys so no one will be able to play as Zamus. I was just discounting that.

JPW

Smash Ace
Sakurai did always say though that Zamus can only be playable under certain conditions.

He never once revealed Zamus as a character, all we had to show that were trailers.

I don't see what the big problem is I reckon Zamus will be a pretty good advantage and the fact that Zamus can only come by a final smash makes Samus herself even more unique.

Sakurai knows what he's doing and i'm pretty sure most of us will adapt. After all it is Smash Bros. And even though this looks like a drawback it will grow on you.
You really shouldn't let it get you down.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
You're saying those two are the same? It's the Varia suit, people!
I'm saying the power suit is the base suit, and that the Varia, Gravity, Phazon, etc. are just additions to it. Her "power suit" is still under her other suits, which are just different colored should pads and shin guard things...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sakurai did always say though that Zamus can only be playable under certain conditions.
dammit i completely forogt about that. lets hope one of those conditions is holding A at the beginning. i dont care if samus cant transform during regular play without a smash ball. if she can do it in the beginning of that match thats fine with me. thatll give sexy suit samus a chance to be playable at itemless tournament, confirm that she is her own character, and confirm that she cannot put her suit back on all in one update. and then the only arguments we'll have in this thread will only be about a stupid suit's name

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

He never once revealed Zamus as a character, all we had to show that were trailers.

I don't see what the big problem is I reckon Zamus will be a pretty good advantage and the fact that Zamus can only come by a final smash makes Samus herself even more unique.

Sakurai knows what he's doing and i'm pretty sure most of us will adapt. After all it is Smash Bros. And even though this looks like a drawback it will grow on you.
You really shouldn't let it get you down.
the only reason it's getting me down is it's giving me more questions than anwers.

so yes finally we end the eternal debate of how samus tranforms. what we don't get is:

Is Zamus weaker than Samus?
Can Zamus transform back?
Is this temporary, or will it last the whole match?
Is this the ONLY way to transform, or will there be other methods, like Sheik and Zelda?

i want answers for these questions, cause i don't want to have Samus be at a disadvantage. i would love to pick up the Smash Ball, but if Zamus sucks, then my view will be different on whether to pick it up. and i do want to have a transformation back, so i hope Zamus has a Final Smash to turn her back. and it doesn't have to be an attack! she could just reassemble her armor, like in Metroid Prime 3 (if you haven't seen any new footage, the beginning shows her asleep in her ship, she wakes up, she presses a few buttons, and she instanly has her suit on)

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
so u guys are saying samus without armorwill be weaker? why? she has a whip/gun and seems to be a lot more agile. And you get her AFTER getting a one time per match item, i think she will just be different if anything.

Also, does it really matter? evryone is arguing their hearts out here and it wont change a thing when the game comes out. The character is probably already done anyways

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Fawriel
- Creating a whole character with model, moveset, physics, binary moves, voice acting, tweaking..... only to have it appear in the off chance that Samus gets to use her FS? Unlikely.
I didn't ask you if you thought it was unlikely. I asked you how you knew Zamus would be selectable on her own. You said "Which would be true if you could not select Zamus on her own, which is not the case." That's very specific. How do you know that?

Fawriel
Yeah, and it seemed intuitive that a princess would be weaker then a legendary pokemon, and we saw how that turned out.

When I see ZSS I think of Sheik. I think there's a very good chance she could be one of the best characters in the game. Of course, I don't know that. She could just as easily be the worst. No one really knows until they actually play the game.

Fawriel
- Now you're just trying to pick a fight. That was a simple analogy.
That analogy made no sense. They didn't let you switch back and forth between Link and Young Link, so how is that a supportive argument to being able to switch back and forth between Samus and Zamus?

You might as well have said, "Imagine if you could switch back and forth between Pichu and Marth. See, that proves that you'll be able to switch back and forth between Samus and ZSS."

Gypsy Lee
Why the hell would you make Zamus as good as or better than Samus?
Why make Sheik better then Zelda? Why make Peach better then Mewtwo?

Fawriel
You say that Zamus is weaker in the games than Samus, which is true and I see the point. But still. That doesn't mean THAT much. Pichu is weaker than Pikachu, but it can still compete.
Your analogies are horrible! Pichu is weaker then Pikachu in both Pokemon and Smash Bros. So what the fug does that prove?

I personally believe what I've said from the beginning. That you'll only be able to switch to Zamus by using your final smash, but that you'll be able to start off as Zamus by holding A. I'm just not going to be like Fawriel and act like I know that for a fact when I don't.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think Tom Nook could easily be turned off in the background. They could do that...they're programming genisus!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
freeman123 kinda neutered all of you there. and he brings up a good point. all this talk about sexy suit samus being weaker is purely specification with no fact. if mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon, why does his tier not show it? all characters have advantages and disadvantage over others and im sure SSS has some. just wait and see and use common sense before you post such atrocities

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ugh...I posted my argument in Samus thread, not the ZSamus thread, woops!

Either way, Freeman123 and Fawriel, i hope to god that you can do that for ZSamus, hold A for her, otherwise it's just a waste
i think youll be able to, otherwise sexy suit samus would basically be another Giga bowser except not virtually invincible. but giga bowser didnt get a "newcomer" screen in the trailer so i think SSS has a good shot

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
That analogy made no sense. They didn't let you switch back and forth between Link and Young Link, so how is that a supportive argument to being able to switch back and forth between Samus and Zamus?

You might as well have said, "Imagine if you could switch back and forth between Pichu and Marth. See, that proves that you'll be able to switch back and forth between Samus and ZSS."
he wasnt talking about being able to
switch between the links he was talking
about how link could be like samus(slower but stronger)
and young link like zamus(faster but weaker

Fawriel

Smash Master
*headdesk*

I didn't ask you if you thought it was unlikely. I asked you how you knew Zamus would be selectable on her own. You said "Which would be true if you could not select Zamus on her own, which is not the case." That's very specific. How do you know that?
Way to pick out one time I didn't feel like saying "I think that". Weren't you that guy who hated saying "I think" before stating an opinion? Whatever...

Yeah, and it seemed intuitive that a princess would be weaker then a legendary pokemon, and we saw how that turned out.
They are not related. The point is pretty moot if you don't compare characters that are in some way related. Samus is still Samus. The suit is supposed to give her physical strength, so taking it away would probably make her weaker. Sheik's greatest strength is speed, which is different from the "strength" I'm talking about.

That was still related to the strength issue. Young Link is an example of a clone who's mostly just weaker, but still has advantages of his own. That's all the analogy stood for. Nothing more, nothing less.

I personally believe what I've said from the beginning. That you'll only be able to switch to Zamus by using your final smash, but that you'll be able to start off as Zamus by holding A. I'm just not going to be like Fawriel and act like I know that for a fact when I don't.
I had miserable sleep and people have been pissing me off by going "ZAMUS IS ONLY AVAILABLE THRU FINAL SMASH DIE SAKURAI" all day. So I guess I'm not allowed to get grumpy at some point.
My god.
Way to demonize me for one action.
*sigh*

Top Bottom