• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Circuit - Season I Complete - Full Rankings Inside - $5,890 in Prizes

clowsui

Smash Legend
New Tentative Schedule:
January 16th: Pound 4 - do not schedule
January 23rd: Columbus, Event 1 - Venue secured by AZ
January 30th: Springfield, Event 2 - Venue secured by Nope
February 6th: Cincinnati, Event 3 - Venue secured by Clowsui
February 13th: Cleveland, Vent 4 - Venue secured by IThrowThings
February 20th: VGbootcamp/Angry Shinobi - do not schedule
February 27th: Athens, Event 5 - Venue secured by TheKiest
March 6th: Springfield, Event 6 - Venue secured by Nope
March 13th: NO Koast V3 - Do not schedule? Shrug, I could see this being to far for most of us

---

Clowsui: Is it the same venue as Brawl bootcamp I/II? If so, good ****, that is a great venue. <3 the arcade.
well if you guys want i can get the arcade rofl
i was thinking a lodge with a cap of 45 but the composer is doing an event on that day so idk any more. if u want me to go ahead with it then i'll secure the arcade but i think the lodge would be a better idea since i would only rly be charging 5 for venue BUUUUT i've been looking for a chance to use the arcade. your call :3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The point is that cinci needs an event, preferably before Cbus/Neoh/Springfield hold their second one.

Also, Scribbles, if you are readin this, is Dayton gonna hold a tournament??

Merry Christmas everyone!

clowsui

Smash Legend
i'll do march 13th then

msc is going to have an event either 13th or 20th but since that's not definite and No Koast is on the 13th then they're most likely going to have it on the 20th since MW:W is included too iirc

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is true. I would be pointless to have two tournaments in a single city.

Sigh...

I don't know when a good date would be for a cinci tournament...

February 6th really looks like the best date unfortunately for the IN tournament. Then again, not many IN players come to just local Ohio events and vice versa. So it may not even be a big deal to have a cinci tourney on the same day as the IN tourney.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Dayton will be holding a tournament once we get our location set up and such, but so far our plans are in the works. If anyone needs any more info can contact me or him, if you want a faster response then either Facebook or Myspace me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@aZ: a lot of people from KY are going to Holy House III. not to mention that indiana rarely has events and they're just now starting to have more so i think it's appropriate as members of the Midwest to support up-and-coming ventures.

i think that we should make A&G Ohio an impromptu OC event...it's unlikely that ppl outside of smashboards/AiB will win anyways, and we can always contact the TOs for the bracket and stuff.

also we don't know the ruleset for a&g ohio yet

clowsui

Smash Legend
okay so i talked to Today and she said that if we were going to have A&G Ohio let us run this tourney we would have to pay con fees and entry fee...if people travel to come to this who knows whether it'd be worth it for them or not. I know if I was coming from IN or MI or KY I would not like to pay $45, especially since I might only be interested in the gaming (i.e. tournament) part. In fact I myself would definitely prefer to NOT have to pay 45 for entry alone. I have to talk to the AL guy SOON about this and I'm going to be in London for like the next week so unless aZ says otherwise, I'm going to assume that people will want me to run this at AL. I won't send the e-mail, however, until aZ gives me confirmation (hopefully tonight).

If aZ can't confirm tonight then Infern will be the one to email the AL guy (arcade.legends@yahoo.com). If aZ doesn't confirm at all and wants to run at A&G then Today/Infern/aZ will talk things out or something.

Tink

Smash Hero
wowww....id jus like to say gooooood ish raising that much to give to ppl......OH knows how its done!

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL yet another person is fooled by aZ's tricks

the title lists how much money total was distributed across all the circuit events, not how much we got in the circuit as a bonus - in fact there is no circuit bonus XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yes. While I approve of it, if I was a mod I'd actually make him change it so it wasn't misleading. :p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why? There were $5,890 in prizes across eleven events. I've never seen someone say there was a bonus with explicitly saying ($200 Bonus!). or something.

Also, regarding AG or whatever: $45 is to much. I regret having seasons beatings be a circuit last year and I think from now on nothing more than $5-10 venue will count in circuit. Preferably $5.

BIG C

Smash Master
*tink drunk on big Cs account.....*

lol...i aint hating on AZ, i lovee az =) (play melee!!!) good ish on OH circuit.....MW cant even get like, 8 events for melee =(.

good ish brawl!

i wish i was still mrepping brawl with wario.....blue rgue handlin that for me =)!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Updated Tentative Schedule:
January 23rd: Columbus, Event 1 - Venue secured by AZ
January 30th: Springfield, Event 2 - Venue secured by Nope
February 6th: No events - Holy House III in IN
February 13th: Cleveland, Event 3 - Venue secured by IThrowThings
February 20th: No events - VGbootcamp/Angry Shinobi in IN/IL *I might secure my fraternity for a tournament on this date or maybe I will secure WaB, probably will not be a circuit event but maybe who knows lol*
February 27th: Athens, Event 4 - Venue secured by TheKiest
March 6th: Springfield, Event 5 - Venue secured by Nope
March 13th: Cincinnati, Event 6 - Venue secured by Clowsui
March 20th: Columbus, Event 7 - Venue secured by AlphaZealot

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
is Dayton gonna hold a tournament??
Wasn't addressed to me, obv, but I'd like to point out that I MIGHT be able to host a tournament if I can find a venue. My mom said it'd be part of my bday gift, even though it'd be more than a month after my bday >_>
But....
March 20th: Columbus, Event 7 - Venue secured by AlphaZealot
This is the day I was thinking of having it on.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Today: that is fine I don't have to host an event that day lol.

None of my event dates are secured as of yet so if someone beats me to the punch then cool. I won't be able to secure my venue until the first week or so of January once I'm back in school and can talk with the frat. I will probably just go one tournament at a time as well.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
The venue just got back to my RFP.
Hi Emily,

We do have spaces available on March 20, 2010 for your event. The room rental would be $1500.00 for a space to hold 60 people.

If your attendance were to decrease to fewer than 30 the room rental would be $900.00.

Thank you for considering the Crowne Plaza Dayton and please contact me to schedule a tour at your convenience.
Holy crap.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I'm looking at a different venue. My local college has venue space, is really cheap, and I might get a discount for being a student.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I'm looking at a different venue. My local college has venue space, is really cheap, and I might get a discount for being a student.
If that's the case, we can see if Sinclair would have venue space and we could host it. Me and Scribz are students there and wouldn't mind seeing if we can have the time and space set aside.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I'm a student at Sinclair as well.
And hosting a tourney would be my bday gift from my mom, don't take that plz D:
Although running the tournament and getting things set up are things I could use help with. Hilt already volunteered to help run TIO.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I'm a student at Sinclair as well.
And hosting a tourney would be my bday gift from my mom, don't take that plz D:
Although running the tournament and getting things set up are things I could use help with. Hilt already volunteered to help run TIO.
Oh ok. I'll help run TIO as well if you need it. Let me know.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I wonder if I could get a discount, since I go there.
...though technically I go to the learning center in Huber <_<

Edit: Sinclair called back already. They're booked that weekend already and they don't host personal events anyway ;-;

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Dayton tourney would be sweeeeet
Venue is an issue though, those prices were CRAZY FanFan, ****.
And it looks like Sinclair is out of the picture too? Crap.

Just host it at your house : D
Or maybe at mine...

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
If it were my house, my mom would set a cap of like, ten.
My mom has a huge issue with people she doesn't know coming here, and she'd make everyone gtfo when she decides to go to bed.
I will not give up on a venue yet! I'm still looking. :mad088:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
If I moved stuff around, I could host a ~30 person tourney pretty well just in my upstairs. Nope does it, and I have essentially the same amount of room up here as he has in his house. If I added the room + hallway next to the stairs, I'd have as much room as a small venue. I have tons of tables, etc, to put TV's on, and could supply two Wiis + like 4 TVs, not to mention my venue fee would be less than that of an actual venue.

Downsides... I couldn't house anybody so it'd have to just be for Ohio people, and no alcohol would be allowed here. And it's rural as hell so the only nearby food is the local deli (though I wouldn't complain, we know the people that own the place + the food's **** good, the pancakes and the pizza are like heaven), which I could provide mapquest directions to get to. Also, if we host it here I demand that Japes be a legal counterpick at the tourney :3 And uh, I would gladly help run the event, obv, but I wouldn't be doing TIO, though I can provide a comfy rolly chair to whoever DOES run TIO. I would expect you to help run it as well FanFan >_>

Other than that, yeah, I'd definitely be willing to lend you this place if you can't come up with anything else. But only on the condition that you change your avatar. That dog is creeping me out. I don't care if it looks like K.K. Slider, it's too realistic. D:

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Well, Ashley would provide some housing, so more than dayton could come.
If I don't find a venue soon, I guess your house would work.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Alright cool. Springfield certainly wouldn't need any housing, they're pretty close. Cincy would probably be okay too, though they may want housing, it really depends on how many Ashley can house for. C-Bus people would want housing, same with NEOH/Cleveland people. OOS people would get priority, not sure how many would actually wanna come though.

This is all hypothetical of course, I'll ask my parents tomorrow, for all I know they'll say no. They should agree to it, however, as long as I tell them that I'll give them all the venue fee money XD

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I don't like the idea of OoS priority, because NEOH is farther than Indianapolis, but in Ohio.
I'd give priority to NEOH over anyone Vamp might bring from Lawrence. <_<

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
You're just mad at Vamp because of that FSmash you hungrily devoured. : D
Er I mean, yeah, you're right, NEOH is farther.
I shouldn't even have said anything about housing, give priority to whoever you want, I'm not the one housing them. :O

Top Bottom