• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hello All. My name is knuttz from Boise, ID, I'm actually traveling to the UK for a couple weeks for work, and was seriously thinking bout attending some kind of smashfest/tourney in the london/derby area...i know they are quite a distance apart, the closer to derby the better...so i guess i'll start with the largest community in the area, London....anyone know of anyone close do the derby area>

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Kman- I've lost the charger to my phone so I'm gonna have to use a payphone. I should be at uxbridge at about 12.15-12.20. Decided not to bring guitar hero cos its too much of a pain to carry

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hello All. My name is knuttz from Boise, ID, I'm actually traveling to the UK for a couple weeks for work, and was seriously thinking bout attending some kind of smashfest/tourney in the london/derby area...i know they are quite a distance apart, the closer to derby the better...so i guess i'll start with the largest community in the area, London....anyone know of anyone close do the derby area>
Hi Knuttz, there are a few tourns round here like there is one on the 9th November in this thread even though it is kinda far http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190023&page=58. Unfortantely I dont think any tourns are in Derby BUT there might be a few people up there and there are also people in Liverpool and Manchester you could play at the moment and most of them are easy to access if we/they give you guidance of how to get there on train or coach or whatever. You should ask the Liverpool/Manchester people if there are any people in or near Derby as they are more fimilar with that area.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SMASHFEST 2DAY AND SLEEPING ROUND TO **** FROSTBYTE ALL DAY

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
sorry guys going to have to flake, got some personal issues atm. :/

EDIT: Later on I'm going to ask my mum if I can do 10-15 person Smashfests again, just won't be hosting ranbats again lol.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hi Knuttz, there are a few tourns round here like there is one on the 9th November in this thread even though it is kinda far http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190023&page=58. Unfortantely I dont think any tourns are in Derby BUT there might be a few people up there and there are also people in Liverpool and Manchester you could play at the moment and most of them are easy to access if we/they give you guidance of how to get there on train or coach or whatever. You should ask the Liverpool/Manchester people if there are any people in or near Derby as they are more fimilar with that area.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SMASHFEST 2DAY AND SLEEPING ROUND TO **** FROSTBYTE ALL DAY
cool about the tourney. I'll look into it...how many people usually go to these? also, i'll research some other smashers....its good that u guys are both melee and brawl.....even though i know melee is a little different...how big are

Aiko

Smash Champion
hey knuttz. post on the Northwest thread as thats where the smashers P.pro mentioned are. when are you in UK? theres a smashfest/ranking battle happening on 1st November in Bolton, which is next to Manchester. Manchester is closer to Derby than London.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
hey knuttz. post on the Northwest thread as thats where the smashers P.pro mentioned are. when are you in UK? theres a smashfest/ranking battle happening on 1st November in Bolton, which is next to Manchester. Manchester is closer to Derby than London.
No exact day, but the week of November 3rd, so I'll probably be on the plane on the first...(the whole day...:/)...I'll be here for a couple of weeks. I'll post on the northwest thread thread too. I know Derby is kind of in the middle of the UK, I'm doing as much as i can while i'm here, will also be VERY busy with work, so just trying to get one smash event in because i'm here for so long!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
im going to have to flake aswell.

reason : i am lazy to travel the end of the Piccadilly
loool You went anyway so why did you say on the boards you were gonna flake....

todays fest was good times
The fest was really good and it was fun playing you as usual fuzz and playing frost was really fun, just had to give him some nice shine back airs :D.

No problem guys, Will probably host another one in two weeks or one month, Depending on whats going on in my weekends
I go to Kritz house - Leave my melee
I go to Kman house - Leave my phone charger lol

I am not leaving anything from now on and I need my phone charger for the saturday since I am going on a 3 day dance trip to Devon.

I concur. Thanks for the hospitality kman :)
Bullet Bill I am seriously impressed on how much you have improved and finally you got to play me when I wasnt being dumb and sandbagging majorly like last time lol. What the heck with the Up B cancel out of shield and the amount of times it work on everyone lol too good. Thanks for the compliments on how my fox is good and how flashy my fox was lol and hopoefully you can come another fest and we can get in some good games. And good job on beating Frost and Chrisboi when Chrisboi was saying he was gonna finish you.

You think you can make it to anymore fest since you live kinda far cos it would be good to play you again soonish?

eevans

Smash Cadet
i would love to go to one of these but i could only do brawl as i fail at melee but i live about 2 hours drive away and might be a bit too young :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i would love to go to one of these but i could only do brawl as i fail at melee but i live about 2 hours drive away and might be a bit too young :(
Some people do brawl and melee so you can smash with both.
Where about do you live because the smashfests happen in different areas in London. I live in south London in a place near croydon and there is another person who hosts smashfests who lives in East London area. also do you have msn?

eevans

Smash Cadet
Some people do brawl and melee so you can smash with both.
Where about do you live because the smashfests happen in different areas in London. I live in south London in a place near croydon and there is another person who hosts smashfests who lives in East London area. also do you have msn?
i live in dorset so not close enough to go to london very often and yes my msn is eevans_is_cool@msn.com

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well the best thing that happend on sat was that i 4 stocked pro.
Yeah that was kinda funny, especially since I was sandbagging and you take every win seriously and remember it forever lol.
You need to calm down on taking every match serious though lol, like when I killed myself on some match so I could get a hit off you while you were off the edge you were confused alot why I would do that like we were in a tournament match lol.

But to me the best bit was seeing you face change when you were laughing hardcore and then I said MM and you saw your face switch INSTANTLY from happy to scared and even them lot were laughing at you from how shook you look lol. And when we were saying why don't you wanna MM you had some nervous smile on your face saying 'cos I don't feel like it' looool MAN UPPPPPPP!

VA

Smash Hero
yeah chrisboi it makes you sound like a fool when you talk about winning friendlies, man up and MM pro, you already lost all your dignity by losing in marth dittos to me and getting hit by some hilarious dair combos, you have nothing to lose.

edit: sorry did I say lost all your dignity? I meant you lost whatever you once had that kind of resembled dignity, whatever it was...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
yeah chrisboi it makes you sound like a fool when you talk about winning friendlies, man up and MM pro, you already lost all your dignity by losing in marth dittos to me and getting hit by some hilarious dair combos, you have nothing to lose.

edit: sorry did I say lost all your dignity? I meant you lost whatever you once had that kind of resembled dignity, whatever it was...
About time. I want to hear about how hard you **** Fuzzy next time you play him Roby.

Oh, and VIDZ PLZ =)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
when was you killing yourself don't flatter yourself you are just saying that to make yourselk fill better
Both of us last stock battlefield you were recovering with the forward B with marth and I was on stage and was fox and I jumped out and did a Nair which was obviously gonna reuslt in me dying but it still hit you (:)) and you were like why did you do that for get finished or whatever dumb **** you talk lol. You need to grow up though with your english, seriously its poor. And stop speaking about yourself in 3rd person when we see you, saying stupidness like 'Chrisboi give you nice finish' and even when you talk about yourself its not proper english lol.
Man up and MM lol, your face seriously went from before I asked you:

to when I asked you:

.....MANUP has to be one word for you....MANUP
just wondering whats the youngest age for someone you would let go to a tourney
lol Its any age really, I am 17 anyway how old are you.....

He gets happy over everything lol but when it happens to him it was just a friendly but he plays his HEART out in nearly every game he plays which is why I can gurantee I will **** him in a tourn.

VA

Smash Hero
It's getting realll boring now ryan. I've heard the same line so many times since coming into the community, why don't you just come to a tournament, get ***** and be quiet?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Both of us last stock battlefield you were recovering with the forward B with marth and I was on stage and was fox and I jumped out and did a Nair which was obviously gonna reuslt in me dying but it still hit you (:)) and you were like why did you do that for get finished or whatever dumb **** you talk lol. You need to grow up though with your english, seriously its poor. And stop speaking about yourself in 3rd person when we see you, saying stupidness like 'Chrisboi give you nice finish' and even when you talk about yourself its not proper english lol.
Man up and MM lol, your face seriously went from before I asked you:

to when I asked you:

.....MANUP has to be one word for you....MANUP

lol Its any age really, I am 17 anyway how old are you.....

He gets happy over everything lol but when it happens to him it was just a friendly but he plays his HEART out in nearly every game he plays which is why I can gurantee I will **** him in a tourn.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: That second pic is toooo good :laugh:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
To be honest I think that grayfox is gonna suck, he hasnt attending anything for a long time from what I heard and is still hanging onto the times Charles hasnt beat him but if he was to come to London now he would prob get ***** by people who are not even the best in London like Chrisboi.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
LOL don't understimate charles he's one of the best in Europe
Nope, Vanity.

they are prolly the best fox dittos ive ever seen O__o
And to think, I can **** those fox's half the time with my Falcon >.>

Not just for that, but when I next see you, I'll £100 samus ditto mm you for sure.
why risk losing a silly samus ditto MM. Use one of your 2-3 other, BETTER characters, lol.

sup, English land?

Oh, a quick clip I wanted to share with you folks. 27:00-27:30. Go to google video search, type in "bc crew ssbm" it's the most recent one. October.
Of course, you could just watch the whole crew battle... but alot of people in it are randoms who don't rly play the game that much. Enjoy ~

Top Bottom