• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Tamoo

Smash Master
everyone on the london area smashboards knows what that means lol

and i would watch the live stream but got a stupidly hard exam 2morrow so im meant to be doing work around about now

auroreon

Smash Ace
Ok, me and Ixis are thinking of hosting something and if that goes well maybe getting a regular thing going. Reason being that neither of us get enough experience playing other people and we have the oppertunity to do it so why not? I'm just trying to guage whether people would come so let me know if you would be interested and we might try and make it happen. We would probably be hosting at a venue around South East London or Cambridgeshire, would people be willing to travel to either?
If we do decide to go for it, it wouldn't be for a few months probably but hopefully we could make it a regular thing if all goes well.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Ok, me and Ixis are thinking of hosting something and if that goes well maybe getting a regular thing going. Reason being that neither of us get enough experience playing other people and we have the oppertunity to do it so why not? I'm just trying to guage whether people would come so let me know if you would be interested and we might try and make it happen. We would probably be hosting at a venue around South East London or Cambridgeshire, would people be willing to travel to either?
If we do decide to go for it, it wouldn't be for a few months probably but hopefully we could make it a regular thing if all goes well.
hmmmm sounds good

auroreon

Smash Ace
Primarily yea its Brawl, but I'm happy to include Melee for people and to increase attendance. Ixis is seriously anti-Melee though... which is strange cos he is the one who used to play it competetively.
I'll include Melee if people want.

craiigg

Smash Lord
i dont see the point cause we got the monthly mini tournaments and smashfests going on :/ + Tournaments

- Fuzzyness

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Primarily yea its Brawl, but I'm happy to include Melee for people and to increase attendance. Ixis is seriously anti-Melee though... which is strange cos he is the one who used to play it competetively.
I'll include Melee if people want.
How can someone be anti-melee lol. What is there to be anti about lol?

Fuzzyness: I think he wants to do the event for his personal benefit as he doesn't get to play people enough.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'd go if it was both, if he used to play melee competitively then obviously he will be able to at least stand melee being played and not be disgusted.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Id go if it was Cambridgeshire, gives me an excuse to go and see frugs once in a while

and maybe if its SE london, although id probably need a reason other than this to go down to London, like sorting out Uni stuff

auroreon

Smash Ace
i dont see the point cause we got the monthly mini tournaments and smashfests going on :/ + Tournaments

- Fuzzyness
Its still just an idea really, wouldn't be for a while. Just trying to get an idea of what kind of responce we'd get. Not looking for a big attendance or anything just a small thing we can do for the community, the more smash the better surely?

How can someone be anti-melee lol. What is there to be anti about lol?

Fuzzyness: I think he wants to do the event for his personal benefit as he doesn't get to play people enough.
Heh, when Brawl came out he was militant anti-Brawl, he hated it so much it was funny. But then he just kinda started playing Brawl and decided he didn't like Melee... lol.
Yea I only get to play smash when there is an event which is like once a month so it would be nice to play more reguarly, but mostly we just realised that we could probably run something pretty easily so why not? Even if its only a small thing its just nice to get people together to play, can't do any harm right?

I'd go if it was both, if he used to play melee competitively then obviously he will be able to at least stand melee being played and not be disgusted.
Its pretty certain it would be both games, I'm not anti-Melee really I just don't play it.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman

- Fuzzyness
This post makes the top in my list of ******** posts on smashboards, how can you not see the point of another tournament going on? Is it because you want YOUR tournament to be the only one happening in london?

Our community is supposed to be the largest in UK and the fact that we only have one monthly tournament is pretty sad anyway, so if melee players think that another tournament is not needed or if its for personal gain then simply don't include melee cuz it's not like it will cause any detrimental effect to the tournament cuz the people who won't show up either play melee or suck & blow at brawl.

p.s. SE london plzty

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Aureon- I kind of agree that the monthlies happening atm are already a regular thing. What would be better is if you hosted a proper tournament- one not just for London. It would have to be after super hit stun though

Aiko

Smash Champion
theres nothing wrong with Auroreon wanting to have another regular smashfest. It gives more choices to people.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Some people have to travel further for events and are in a less active areas so theres no problem in creating more opportunites for more people in different areas with different types of banter.

Jolteon

I agree with the people saying that there's nothing wrong with two fests in london, if people really cant make both then they dont really have to go.

craiigg

Smash Lord
i said when im back im gonna host more smashfests, im gonna be living in barkingside (east london) for like 5 years >_>

- fuzzyness

aurorean you're always welcome to come to mine

Jolteon

Hopefully that little imposted won't be there again Prof, he distracted me from the matches..

VA

Smash Hero
I'd like to say something about craig bringing my text mistake to boards and then what just happened on the stream.

Firstly, putting up a stream is really cool, props for doing it. But I think it's pretty low saying in front of everyone (and myself) how much you hate me. Charles in particular, the situation has nothing to do with you and you didn't even know what happened or what was said so for you to say things about me makes no sense.

Jam saying things I can understand and I'd acknowledge that he was probably going to do that in the privacy of the setting. But declaring it while I was listening along with 8 or so other people is just pretty harsh.

The situation was completely blown out of proportion anyway. The text said how I "***** craig and jam", it wasn't disrespectful about their ability (but I understand them taking it that way), I was merely happy that I'd won a lot of games in a row and played well. I fully admit that it was a stupid thing to do and I apologised so I don't understand why you're acting this way. What I'd like to do is just forget about all of this and just get along, none of this I hate so and so ****, it really is schoolyard behaviour.

chris H

Smash Journeyman
VA all i can say is that you won a few games so you had to tell someone how good you did saying you ***** jam and craiigg and it backfired the thing is VA you think yopu are so good when you are not.

VA

Smash Hero
VA all i can say is that you won a few games so you had to tell someone how good you did saying you ***** jam and craiigg and it backfired the thing is VA you think yopu are so good when you are not.
Yes chrisboi well done, that's what I did, you understood what I wrote. Clever boy, now go away if you don't have anything constructive to say other than the same thing you always do:

"You think you're good but you're not" - Great one

Retroking2000

Smash Master
if you guys are still arguing over that text you guys are more immature than me (thats saying something)

fuzzy does what VA did all the time over msn which still counts as text

so suck it up

if VA 3 stocked/4 stocked anyone there that day

he can gloat

you act like this is not a competitive community

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if you guys are still arguing over that text you guys are more immature than me (thats saying something)

fuzzy does what VA did all the time over msn which still counts as text

so suck it up

if VA 3 stocked/4 stocked anyone there that day

he can gloat

you act like this is not a competitive community
They weren't annoyed about him gloating. I think they were annoyed about him acting ok infront of them and then when he went off he was acting like a ****.
Plus we don't know how the text was worded to say 'He can gloat' cos there is a difference between saying you beat someone with ease and then just acting like a prick about you beating someone so no1 except them lot can really have a really good opinion about what VA said.

Chrisboi: loool Everyone I speak to says VA thinks he is good but tbh I don't really see it. I might be cocky but I don't think I am amazing but I know I am good which I have a right to think lol.

craiigg

Smash Lord
im sorry why was this brought up again :S i dont remember saying anything on stream on boards or in chat recently..
people still ask me and i dont respond cause im over it

so wtf?

Top Bottom