• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ottawa Brawl PR, or How I Learned to Love the Brawl! Updated March 1, 2010

PND

Smash Champion
Updated. No more Man tier, unfortunately. And Tin Man, u just hatin cuz we stylin on u. Anyway, Ottawa is definitely its own distinct region separate from Montreal and GTA. I think it deserves its own PR.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Updated. No more Man tier, unfortunately. And Tin Man, u just hatin cuz we stylin on u. Anyway, Ottawa is definitely its own distinct region separate from Montreal and GTA. I think it deserves its own PR.

Agreed, you guys definitely have your own smashscene. Also, having your own region often promotes rivalries with players from other regions : D.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I really have to contest the decision to move Randy up a spot and putting him as maining Falco.

Results:

Singles:

1: Knuckles
2: Linkshot
3: Haze
4: HiDef
5: Matt07
5: Arsenic
7: LivewiresXe
7: Jiggernaut
Talking to him, he said he used Ganondorf and ended up matching poorly in singles.

Results:
Teams:

1: too much pressure (buenob + knuckles)
2: moses parts the red sea (arsenic + jiggernaut)
3: bananna cape (matt07 + haze)
4: blue puffballs (hidef + linkshot)
He obviously did better in teams, however:

As for doubles effect on pr, I wouldnt say that doubles requires different skills. It's the same game you just focus on different aspects. Singles count more...
Yes, I heard about crews and his Falco doing well, but that should not count as much since he played, from what I understand, just Bryant. Just a single, albeit close match and doubles boosts him up and as having Falco as a main? He used G-dorf in singles, which should carry the most weight in determining relative placement. If you're going to be going on what people play like at their best, you might as well move Alan up since he plays better in a large open space as opposed to a cramped and crowded area. Also, move me up since I play better when I'm just in my boxers.

buenob

Smash Lord
well, I was talking to him at the end, and he seemed to really be enjoying playing falco... I decided that he should be falco, and go up... should he decide to sandbag next time, he'll be put back into lol tier :)

edit: and if we were going by immediate potential, arsenic would be up with me and knuckles easily (maybe on top for a bit)

Matt07

Smash Master
Continuing what Ben was saying. Randy said he'd like to take play Brawl again seriously, he had a lot of fun playing in the crew match.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Change my main, I don't use Falco.

And also, if a PR was to based off of "potential" then everyone should be on the top of the list, since everyone with enough time has the "potential" to be the best around (where no one is ever gonna keep them down).

Ariel is correct, I played badly in singles, so it doesn't make sense for me to go up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey, you didn't collapse under crew pressure and get 2 stocks taken off by a single stock Alan....albeit while engaging in a comical game of "dodge the aura sphere". :laugh:

PND

Smash Champion
****To avoid character based drama in the future, please PM me or post A) your Main and B) one secondary of your choice. I will then edit it into the first post.****

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Sweet, Lots of drama, like we all wanted.

This looks pretty good. I'm glad we have a PR again, since it gives something for all true warriors to strive for. (I'm sorry XD)

So I'd like it clarified. Is this PR based on who is better at brawl than one another, or who have been playing well/placing well currently? If it's who's better, then I agree that Randy should be moved up. If it's based on current prominence, than Randy should not be moved up since he did not do well in singles (from which this list is supposed to draw heavily) he should not be moved up, even though he did play well that night.

buenob

Smash Lord
this is basically a "who we think is the best player" and whatever we decide that means at the time :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Ariel here. Check the biweekly thread for the results, there are going to be massive changes!

Then we'll discuss the fun random **** in the HD remix thread.

Then we'll discuss who was sandbagging this time in this thread.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
This thread is dead, we need to discuss somethings. So here goes.

We should move the PR to one of the other threads, we don't really need 3 threads. I suggest move it to the HD remix thread, discussions about any PR drama can go there.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Actually,I think it should go with the Biweekly thread. Serious business should go with serious business. :p

PND

Smash Champion
Yes, the round robin results will be taken into consideration. Once Bryant, Ben and I get online at the same time expect an update. (I hope soon) I'll be on most of tomorrow, so hopefully they'll be free to discuss it.

And personally, I like the new thread. I know it's another thread to check, but this grants way more exposure of the Ottawa scene to the rest of Canada. Besides, the first post is pretty.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol mike was offline when I got back and haven't seen him since...

i would put bryant and myself tied right now for sure... dave has pretty solidly secured next I think...

after that though, the league will be a really good thing 'cause honestly it's really tough calls

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I don't see much difference. Would it be possible to include a small note at the bottom of the OP stating what changes were made since the previous update? I don't have the whole thing entirely memorized and I'm not sure who went up or down...

PND

Smash Champion
Main changes:

Knuckles up (Tied with Buenob)
Linkshot way up
PND down
SAUS down
Zylem up
Fogel up
Brah down

Ariel, you're hard to place. We couldn't decide if you should be moved up a tier, below Randy, or not, both of your Round Robin performances were excellent. We decided to leave you as top of the tier because of your death bracket last biweekly -- but show us another strong performance and you're gonna be up a tier.

Derek, Orlando, and I are down due to lack of results / attendance.

Alan's been playing really well and placing really consistently, which is why he shot up.

Cam's back and beast, so we bumped him up.

Matt is pretty much tied with Orlando now -- if either of you place well expect good things. Jiggernaut is closely tailing you two now, so it's tight between you guys.

And if Afro doesn't show up soon, Tyler will get the bump over him. He's really improving and I don't think it'll take long for him to compete with Jiggernaut, Matt, and Orlando for placings.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Maybe some Arrow heads indicating who went down or up would make it more clear.

Top Bottom