• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ottawa Brawl PR, or How I Learned to Love the Brawl! Updated March 1, 2010

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the 'changes,' it makes things a lot easier to understand. I don't know where I stand either other than I'm rocking mid tier. I john that my performance at the last biweekly was becasue I played pretty much right after I got there so my hands were freezing. I also john that I was out played and very predictable.

EDIT: I put changes in quotations to add emphasis to it. I did see that you added them. I was just complimenting it because it really did make things easier to understand.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Some nice changes on that tier list that I'd agree with. I'd say Fogel and Zylem moving up makes good sense, especially since Fogel's better than he gives himself credit for. Also agree about Knuckles and Buenob being pretty much tied for first. Oh, and thanks for the kind words, by the way.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Ottawa needs to come to GTA/GHA for two tourneys. Pownz, Dec 19th, and Lets Brawl Toronto 2, on February 6th. For serial. Come on down, especially PNDmike and buenoB, i owe you both a lot of thanks and a lot of sushi after the **** you did for me during my tourney.

Also Knuckles, top 2, you gotta do better in the GTA after you got 25th at my tourney bro ;)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd consider going to Pownz if a bunch of people did, but I finish my last exam the day before and well, something finishes on the Sunday and uh...I can't be breaking tradition, now can I? :laugh:

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The league is almost done, at least for Ampharos(who really should have tail glow). After Dave gets his matches in, are the changes going to be made, or only after Ampharos and Blaziken tiers are both done?

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Actually BC AL I was somewhat impressed with your brawl games that I watched. I don't think one set will get you on the PR but play some more of your league matches and I'm sure you'll see your name up there :D

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Mike/Bryant- So changes next weekened probably?

@Alan- Manaphy gets Tail Glow. T_Tar/Whiscash/Lobstar/Tropius/Feraligatr/Lapras/Kingdra get Dragon Dance. Magmortar learns Thunderbolt. Lucario learns Crunch and Bone Rush. Salamence learns Hydro Pump. Ampharos gets Signal Beam.

PND

Smash Champion
This Friday's biweekly will signal the last update before the new year. So after Friday I'll be starting up this year's Ottawa Smash Superlatives. This year I'll factor in Melee and Brawl, so plenty of opportunities to vote. As per last year, once the categories are up just PM me your responses and I'll tally them and post the results on New Years.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
This Friday's biweekly will signal the last update before the new year. So after Friday I'll be starting up this year's Ottawa Smash Superlatives. This year I'll factor in Melee and Brawl, so plenty of opportunities to vote. As per last year, once the categories are up just PM me your responses and I'll tally them and post the results on New Years.
wait dunt u play melee as well? like competitively? i think you replied to my thread a while back that u were down for some melee :p

PND

Smash Champion
Ah, what the hell. I'll open the polls now.

The Ottawa 2009/2010 Superlatives

Best Combos
The player that has THE best combos, the kind that make you want to stand up and scream. Probably not applicable for Brawl.
Melee:
Brawl?:

Smartest Player
Cold, concise, calculating. . . the player that plays the smartest, limiting your options and forcing your moves.
Melee:
Brawl:

Most Knowledgeable Player
The player who knows the most about the game engine -- trivia, mechanics, whatever it may be.
Melee:
Brawl:

Most Tech Skill:
The player who can pull off the most ridiculous maneuvers without breaking a sweat.
Melee:
Brawl?:

Best Edgeguarder / Off Stage Player

Their home is off the level -- and they're good at keeping you away from their stage.
Melee:
Brawl:

Low Tier Champ
These guys main a low tier -- but you'd never know it.
Melee:
Brawl:

Most Diverse Smasher
Ever have trouble picking a main? These guys do.
Melee:
Brawl:

Best Teammate
Who can contribute the most to a team. . . or kill their partner the least.
Melee:
Brawl:

Best Team
The best combination of players that has actually happened.
Melee:
Brawl:

Most Traveled / Experienced
World warriors, bringing their travel experiences home for the benefit of all of us.
Melee:
Brawl:

Most Random / Lulzy / Unpredictable Smasher
Where did that Knee come from? The smasher who plays for hilarity -- like a true champ.
Melee:
Brawl:

Best Smash Tag
Ever hear a tag that just makes you laugh / marvel at their coolness? No? Well then Mr. Smartypants, what's the best one in Ottawa?
Melee:
Brawl:

Best Crew
The beastliest crew of them all
Melee:
Brawl:

Best Trash Talker

STFU Noob. That's my level, GTFOff of it. No johns.
Melee:
Brawl:

Best Tourney with Ottawa Presence
Could be anywhere, but what was the best tourney with Ottawa participation?
Melee:
Brawl:

Best / Worst / Most Johns
This category sucks because I was just warming up / not ready / climbing mountains.
Melee:
Brawl:

Favorite Visitor
Your favorite non-Ottawa smasher who has come to visit us at least once this year.
Melee:
Brawl:

Funniest Smasher
The smasher that can always bring the lolz.
Melee:
Brawl:

Friendliest Smasher
The smasher that makes you feel at home in the scene -- always offering advice, and generally just being a saint.
Melee:
Brawl:

Sexiest Smasher
You know who it is. No homo. (Okay, maybe a little bit).
Melee:
Brawl:

Most Improved Smasher
The smasher who has improved the most since last year
Melee:
Brawl:

Breakout Smasher for 2010
The smasher who will be tearing it up next year -- watch out!
Melee:
Brawl:

The Most Missed Smasher
Our favorite fallen soul, the favorite smasher who is no longer with us in the scene
Melee:
Brawl:

Overall Best Smasher
The best smasher, skill wise.
Melee:
Brawl:

Ottawa's Most Valuable Player
Without whom none of this would be possible.
Melee:
Brawl:

REMEMBER: NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF
PM Me your votes, and don't be shy -- feel free to add all the commentary you want. I may feature your comment when the results are posted. . . anonymously if desired.​

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I think I'll save me voting until after tonight, but I need to clarify. Do you count towards most missed smasher? I mean, you are obviously a large part of our community, but we do miss you. (no homo) :p

PND

Smash Champion
One thing I will say: Don't vote for me. I never left. Okay, I did leave, but I'll be moving back REALLY soon.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
no, I don't think I did get the joke...

So you're coming back then? Seriously? When? I might just vote for you anyways, lol.

PND

Smash Champion
You jumped up so high because you've proven yourself over the long haul, you've been incredibly consistent recently and had one bad showing (And got wrecked in the league). As such, we felt you still deserved the spot -- for now :p

Top Bottom