• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why cause the way I play the not impress people or show off? I don't need to play fancy to get my wins off. I do what I gotta do to win.

Also that must be a joke post, you risk so much playing aggressive. If you play aggresive I will just let you throw the first punches and take it from there. I have more obvservation and better time to react then you do. Also I can bait you to do what I wan't and hardly have to approach you.

Sorry but that logic of your fails.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I could say the same for you. You think cause you play aggressive and fancy (those attracts people to like you more) Makes it an official strat? Excuse me for wanting to play it save. When I play defensive I don't worry too much about making mistakes as the aggressive player has too.

My risks/deaths/mistakes won't be as high as yours. seriously man, quit showing off and playing fancy and think it is the way to go. cause it is not.

You can't even explaing yourself excpet my making "xD" or "lmfao" post. if this is your atempt of trolling, it is bad and getting weak boy. Play agrresive against a Good Marth. And tell me how that goes. Go play someone on Neo's level with Marth like that and I wanna see you come out alive.

Quit being a panzy and be serious when helping people or don't bother getting involed.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I said Neo's level. Not his Level. and his Marth is not even all that. Most of N.J and all of N.Y even knows that. So sorry but no.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then you request more matches?

And I have been playing Mikey's Peach. lately he has been getting the best of me. I swear my Peach is getting worst or something. Think I still got that C3 anger in me. But before all of this, our matches went pretty even. And the only way I can get wins off him is if I play defensive. And all that I just told Niko about what you get from being defensive works and showed in our matches. Mikey is just very smart when he plays aggressive. But I like being defensive. So much fun to toy with the mind.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My Peach can play defensive and agressive. I choose to be defensive more. I will. I only go aggressive based on character of how one is playing. or sometimes if I am losing a fight.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is a good example of what I mean. Me Vs this DDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vReVttwRA-U&fmt=18

Now after this failed attempted I decided to go aggressive on him. cause my defensive style was not gonna work on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqOcR7VL2k&fmt=18

Then due the the stage he picked I went back to defensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5KXuK641O0&feature=related&fmt=18

And I don't like playing agressive. But when you balance both out you can freely switch and it helps you in matches.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People wanna learn how to play defensive. And since you play agressive, it be good help to play you.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Defensive style is definitely invaluable to Peach players, especially when fighting Ike, Snake or Metaknight. There is something soothing about taking your time and planning every move while your enemy keeps making mistakes.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Defensive style is definitely invaluable to Peach players, especially when fighting Ike, Snake or Metaknight. There is something soothing about taking your time and planning every move while your enemy keeps making mistakes.
lol, I just imagined Peach capturing Ike, Snake, and Meta Knight in a giant Web of Deceit and hovering over them, laughing maniacally.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Playing defensively against good players just limits your own options IMO.

She-Geek

Smash Cadet
So I wanted to know if killing of the top of the stage with up-b was useful on a regular basis? I did it in a tournament but it was kind of a fluke....I wouldn't think so because if they dodged you'd be pretty open right? But I wanted some better players input

BentoBox

Smash Master
Never Bomber when you recover from a hit. It actually sends you CLOSER to the blast zone! This applys with all special moves that influence you're momentum I believe. Except Mr.GaW's DownB, Dk's UpB, and Yoshi's Side B.
Bomber is actually somewhat of an exception to that rule: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=njcYW0rFmUg 2:51

So proper initial DI->u-air->bomber is a nice alternative to wasting your jump near the blast zone and having to suffer from your predictable recovery pattern~

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
bomber is a nice alternative to wasting your jump near the blast zone and having to suffer from your predictable recovery pattern~
In the video though they said that jumping was the better choice, from what I saw it looked like when Peach Bombered that it sent her back a bit closer to the blast zone and then rose her up and a little forward, while the jump just sent her vertically.

BentoBox

Smash Master
If you scroll to 3:53, you'll notice that jumping gave him a much higher vertical boost than peach bombing, and laterally they both went as far.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
How do you guys deal with R.O.B.s that like to spot dodge to Dsmash a lot?

How do you deal with spot dodges in general?
The float to Dair approach works well.

If you're right beside ROB, anticipate his spot dodge by using a short hopped dair. You can also shield the entire dsmash (provided you have enough shield) then roll away OR immediately counter with some jabs.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Disclaimer: I am not a Peach main.

So I've been messing around with Peach lately (minds out of the gutter, people) and I've noticed that in general I don't use Turnips. I pull one out between stocks when I have a breather, but otherwise...nope, veggie-free here. How much am I missing by neglecting my 3-4 servings of vegetables per day stock?

Veggi

Smash Champion
Most Peach mains use like over 9000 turnips per match. It is good to have projectile because it forces people without one to approach, you can get them quick, it is a great approach when you glide-toss with it, you can pluck some good items, and it can be used to edgeguard as well as to just get some more %.

They are really important, not to pressure you.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
Most Peach mains use like over 9000 turnips per match. It is good to have projectile because it forces people without one to approach, you can get them quick, it is a great approach when you glide-toss with it, you can pluck some good items, and it can be used to edgeguard as well as to just get some more %.

They are really important, not to pressure you.
I'm starting to forget about them a bit too. I think i may use 3 (5 max) a stock. :ohwell:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Disclaimer: I am not a Peach main.

So I've been messing around with Peach lately (minds out of the gutter, people) and I've noticed that in general I don't use Turnips. I pull one out between stocks when I have a breather, but otherwise...nope, veggie-free here. How much am I missing by neglecting my 3-4 servings of vegetables per day stock?
It depends on the matchup, even personal preference, but I would say your are missing on a lot of mindgame and zoning potential if you're not plucking turnips.

Some characters like Ike or Marth are very difficult to deal without them. Not to mention approaching could become a hassle - turnips lead to everything.

Even throwing them upwards on a recovering character puts you in a very advantageous position. Use them whenever you get a chance!

If your not plucking, your at least "cleansing" your fsmash of the racket at high percents, and the pan at low percents right? You need to be doing something to do with your "spare time."

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
This has probably been addressed many times before in this thread, but I can't be bothered to look through 100+ pages, which I'd normally do:

How does one/what can one do to better his/her Peach?

As this is a rather vague question, how about:

What event/person/discovery helped you overcome any plateaus [that I'm assuming that at least some of you/that I'm not the only one ;-;] have faced as Peach?

Feel free to answer both, either or not at all.

I ask this because I feel that I have reached a plateau [not a very tall one at that :/] and wonder what I can do about it, or what you guys have done during your Peaching experience :O

Please and Thank You :3

side note: how does one 'learn to shield'? D: I've never learned to incorporate it into my gameplay during 64 and the few, few times I've played melee, so this has carried over into brawl as well. Any attempts of me trying ends up in me using it for the times I try, then to forget about it as I play at any other time. The few times I do get a shield in is because I failed to dodge >___>;;

Top Bottom