• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question time.

I'm having trouble against Wolf. Tips?

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
What Should be on your mind first is how easy can you die on that stage. Wether going upward or the side.
Dark Pch.!!!! your back!! Man I was wondering where you went. God this thread is SLOW. I was gone for over a week!! It only went up 1 page!!. Oh and Meno..... I would try to always have a Turnip in your hand and play a VERY defensive game.... Thats all I try to do when I play one. And do what Prepare said.:laugh:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I saw a vid of a sliding turnip pluck, hows that work?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
that's either the dtilt slide or the b-sticking turnip free pull. for dtilt slide after u dtilt any attack u do afterwards will go backwards a bit except another dtilt which moves u forward a bit. and free-pull is just pivoting and pulling a turnip at the same time. idk the physics behind it but it's fkn hard to do w/o b-sticking. ;o

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
that's either the dtilt slide or the b-sticking turnip free pull. for dtilt slide after u dtilt any attack u do afterwards will go backwards a bit except another dtilt which moves u forward a bit. and free-pull is just pivoting and pulling a turnip at the same time. idk the physics behind it but it's fkn hard to do w/o b-sticking. ;o
ok thank you ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Question time.

I'm having trouble against Wolf. Tips?
Short hop out of your shield. Best way to punish wolf after smash attacks. And also leads to combos. short hop alot and limit your floating. It increases your combat speed. When floating you become slow.

Dark Pch.!!!! your back!! Man I was wondering where you went.

I never left??????

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I can't find a way to insert upsmash and uptilt into my peach's gameplay, can someone help me with this?

like what are good moves to lead into this or what is a good opportunity to use these moves in?

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Short hop out of your shield. Best way to punish wolf after smash attacks. And also leads to combos. short hop alot and limit your floating. It increases your combat speed. When floating you become slow.

I never left??????
Yea you did. I haven't seen any of your posts in a while. And I would still like you to critique my peach. FYI I'm using a wiimote/nunchuck combo and I know I shouldn't be using it. I'm getting a GNC controller soon.

I can't find a way to insert upsmash and uptilt into my peach's gameplay, can someone help me with this?

like what are good moves to lead into this or what is a good opportunity to use these moves in?
I never use it unless there's a good chance to like when someone is coming out of a roll and/or when the are coming out of their shield. I never use it because they're not reliable kill moves. u-smash KO's at like 150% and I haven't tried to KO with u-tilt.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Battlefield. Play on that stage and you'll find plenty opportunities to use these moves, some of her best.

Anytime anyone faceplants on a platform (get them there via an ftilt or dtilt), try to predict where they'll roll and it might score you an autosweetspotted usmash which kill at around 90%. Any other time an opponent is above you, utilt will eat there face - timed right, it'll even hit though Toon Link's dair and Game & Watch's key.

u-smash KO's at like 150%
It's Peach's best kill move IMO, and her only move to KO below 100%.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
u-smash KO's at like 150%
This is completely false. Usmash is Peach's strongest move and KOs at early percents. I fact, I believe it's either the 4th or 5th most powerful Usmash in the game. Up there with Ivysaur, Lucas, and GaW.

Use Utilt whenever someone is above you or if you know the Usmash wont reach. It is extremelly disjointed and beats any and all Dairs.

Usmash is a bit more difficult, especially against smart players. Hyphen Smashing it is probably your best bet on grounded opponents.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i've been messing around in training mode 'n **** for a while and I still can't figure this out. I've seen edress do this friggin' ledgehop'd fair w/o his float in vids and in tourneys and I'm stumped. It just seems like a rly good ledge option so yahz, how is it done? any1 know? I've been trying to figure this out since like...ever since I started using peach so...2 months. ;o

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
i've been messing around in training mode 'n **** for a while and I still can't figure this out. I've seen edress do this friggin' ledgehop'd fair w/o his float in vids and in tourneys and I'm stumped. It just seems like a rly good ledge option so yahz, how is it done? any1 know? I've been trying to figure this out since like...ever since I started using peach so...2 months. ;o
I'm not sure if this is right... but here I go. :dizzy:

1. You are on the ledge.
2. Drop down.
3. Immediately jump backwards.
4. Go back to the ledge while Fairing.
5. ????
6. PROFIT

Hope that helps.

Villi

Smash Lord
First off, if you're using your c-stick chances are you'll lag. Let go of the ledge however you want (I prefer backing off) and slide/roll your thumb from your jump button to your A button as you DI toward the stage.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Oh wow this is so easy and so good. ledgedrop, double jump fair. Thanks for the leet tip villi, you were totally right about the c-stick thing also. But yea...now I really don't know if your a guy or not coz of your CakeisEasy aib account. ;o

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow this is so easy and so good. ledgedrop, double jump fair. Thanks for the leet tip villi, you were totally right about the c-stick thing also. But yea...now I really don't know if your a guy or not coz of your CakeisEasy aib account. ;o
does it matter?

take the ******'s advice I say!

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
This is completely false. Usmash is Peach's strongest move and KOs at early percents. I fact, I believe it's either the 4th or 5th most powerful Usmash in the game. Up there with Ivysaur, Lucas, and GaW.

Use Utilt whenever someone is above you or if you know the Usmash wont reach. It is extremelly disjointed and beats any and all Dairs.

Usmash is a bit more difficult, especially against smart players. Hyphen Smashing it is probably your best bet on grounded opponents.
Oh sorry. I don't use it very much except for a KO move above 150%. Sorry about that.:laugh:

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
Oh sorry. I don't use it very much except for a KO move above 150%. Sorry about that.:laugh:
Well Up-Smash is a weird move and if you don't sweet spot it, it can seem a bit weak. But if you get either one of the sweetspots it's so rewarding to see your opponent fly up the top of the screen.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
does the sweetspot on usmash affect the damage it deals and how much dmg does it deal?
Coutresy of Excel:

Damage: 8% Uncharged Sourspotted, 11% Charged Sourspotted/15% Uncharged Unsweetspotted, 21% Charged Unsweetspotted /17% Uncharged Sweetspotted, 23% Charged Sweetspotted

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh thx i'll keep that in mind. been tryin' to work in more usmash kills near 100 percent if i c my opponents are getting cute w/ airdodging after my dthrows early in the game/stocks lol.

edit: got another question. if you pull a beam sword are there any other ways to get back its full length besides making ti disappear by taunting?

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
oh thx i'll keep that in mind. been tryin' to work in more usmash kills near 100 percent if i c my opponents are getting cute w/ airdodging after my dthrows early in the game/stocks lol.

edit: got another question. if you pull a beam sword are there any other ways to get back its full length besides making ti disappear by taunting?
You could use Toad as an alternative. ;)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh, letting go of the beam sword does the trick then?

k another question comes to mind (dayam i'm so inquisitive today). Lets say you're floating and you know for sure you spacing is just gonna be bad if u try to fair. would it then be a good idea to try to fair anyway but land behind the opponent since they'll probably be look to atk oos or shield grab and then own them w/ a good follow-up like fsmash, turnaround jab grab or sumtin? i never tried it but it sounds like something that cud work. =o

Top Bottom