• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im 2-1 in sets with shaky. its been one year since ive played and i gotta say i was impressed with myself only lost to mk rofl. its w.e tho every other diddy is still bad

stay free yall, except p1

Shaky

Smash Ace
Diddy is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p P-1 actually knows the matchup though so good stuff beating me, I really wanted to play him again in losers but it didn't happen : ( I really think Diddy-Ness is even though, some people can argue +1 but nobody knows the Ness matchup so it's even.

Player-1

Smash Legend
<3 shaky

o and my other highlight of the tournament was teaming with Chaz the Marth player that hasn't played in forever and having a 2v1 comeback my 1 stock to their 3 and winning :)

Master Raven

Smash Master
i just watched seibrik vs p-1 and copied some of what seibrik did lol. my item game sucks *** though i gotta learn how to grab bananas off the ground more consistently cause i'd sometimes use my jab when i'm right in front of a banana so sometimes i played kinda clumsy.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think we have but If he can mash really fast we can get like 1 or 2 pummels out of it. Let's say you can grab him 8 times then you still only do like 20% damage?
can we follow up with an smash? If so then this can be usefull.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yes we do, it helps because you can get moves refreshed. We can grab release dtilt at the edge of the stage too, at low percents do multiple dtilts and follow up with grab or something, at high percents follow up with an aerial after dtilt. you can mix it up though like if ness tries to jump out of dtilt at lower percents then you can run up fair or if they try to airdodge the fair at higher percents then run up and grab, etc.

I also like Yoshi's in this MU since you can grab release him to the slope at the edge of the stage and get a fair off, thing is, though, you have to be spaced right. You need to room at the edge of the stage where you can dash forward, but you also want to make sure you don't dash down into the slope. When I played shaky I thought it was pretty much anywhere on the slope you could do it, but eventually he just started air dodging and I couldn't get it since I wasn't spaced right and I didn't realize it, didn't get a chance to since the set ended after I realized this, but I was just going to follow up on his air dodge and then fair or something after so ya, mixups.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I am really hyped tbh I am not going because I am to young and live to far away but maybe in the future.
I am still going to watch the stream as much as possible.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So I'm at an anime convention with brawl, doubled was today and singled tomorrow. It was me and biglou vs kismet and reflex. We beat them in winners against falco wario, in GFs kismet went MK. They won both sets were game 5...sooooo dumb....

It ended up being me vs reflex both last hit less than a minute on the clock. It got to the point where he though he edge hogged me and taunted on lylat. Right when I go to hit him the stage tilts, I miss my aerial kill and get put under the stage. He gets on the edge and I up-bed into the stage and he dies a sit second after me.

Lylat tilting was the difference b/w $140 total and a free pass to the next convention....>.>

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh you guys are at AWA? I should go one year...I usually only go to Atlanta for Dragoncon since they are usually back to back

Luigi player

Smash Master
So I'm at an anime convention with brawl, doubled was today and singled tomorrow. It was me and biglou vs kismet and reflex. We beat them in winners against falco wario, in GFs kismet went MK. They won both sets were game 5...sooooo dumb....

It ended up being me vs reflex both last hit less than a minute on the clock. It got to the point where he though he edge hogged me and taunted on lylat. Right when I go to hit him the stage tilts, I miss my aerial kill and get put under the stage. He gets on the edge and I up-bed into the stage and he dies a sit second after me.

Lylat tilting was the difference b/w $140 total and a free pass to the next convention....>.>

It's your own fault! You should've payed attention to the background and stuffs then you'd know when it tilts! Good players wouldn't get stuck under the stage from tilting, just get better.

^ That's what stagefanaticans would say. Everyone get's stuck under the stage from tilting, it's really sad.

Too bad that happened P1 that's really gay lol. Better luck next time!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Got first out of 11 people at a local today (doubles too, first time that's ever happened lol).

www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14926576

Player-1, what stages do you like against :wario: and what do you normally ban? I feel like I need to get a bit more solid at that MU. LOE1 is improving pretty rapidly and I don't want him knocking me into losers in the future lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
CP halberd ban brinstar/frigate.

Halberd is really good cuz we can get kills easier, it has the advantage of YI where it's hard for him to approach when we are under the platform except YI platform tilts so they can actually camp the upper part of the slope there better and it's really hard for us to approach him there, halberd middle platform is flat so it's a lot easier and better. We aren't trapped on the edge as much since we can side b under the stage from the edge and double jump aerial and get on the stage, or we can sideb through stage or we can b reverse popgun to rising banana pluck which we can do on any stage really but it's a lot easier and better since the banana will go through stage and land on it. Also those slopes can get us some air release stuff.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'd rather do yoshi's than halberd. I don't like the thought of getting clapped/farted at like 60 in the air and dying.

just personal preference though. Both are good against him. Neutrals wise I'd try to go to everything but battlefield

tibs7

Smash Champion
dudes. bad news. got 3rd :( lost to mk and wario.

to many sd's on my part. always playing from behind, its not a good position to be in. that games i won in those sets were when i didnt sd....

sigh

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
you guys are awesome (mostly player 1). keep making diddy the best most fun character ever. I'll play smash competitively again when the wii u version is out. and I might just play diddy again. :O

wa-wa-wa-walnuts, peanuts, pineapples smells!
grapes melons oranges and coconut shells! oh yeah!

peace off guys

Player-1

Smash Legend
<3 felix, I could say that I'd miss you...but you're not really active here anyway lolz.

oh and btw, okay so i have this theory. I've been trying to think of a way to abuse game mechanics to get a long glide toss and something that might work. Okay, so you know how are BDACUS is a lot longer than our regular DACUS? Well that's probably because BDACUS gets inputted as being frame perfect so you should still be able to DACUS with the length of a BDACUS if you're frame perfect. Well I was thinking about DACIT (Dash attack cancel item toss, which is what Ikes and wolfs have to do) (oh and also you're not actually cancelling your dash attack, you're cancelling your dash item throw so it'd technically be dash item throw cancel item toss DITCIT). AFAIK any char should be able to DITCIT some way, so just wondering what would happen if we could BDITCIT...well the problem is if we try to buffer a dash item throw it just does a standing throw...sooooooooo...either we'd have to do it frame perfect or have to do something like how the D3's do a buffered pivot grab infinite where they input like back down back so they can initiate that reverse dash so we'd have to do something similar so we can get that buffered dash item throw...it'd be something like buffering 6 inputs or something within 10 frames so either way it's ridiculously hard.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Canceling an item toss into a different item toss? That sounds really odd, though it would explain why Ike doesnt have some good length BDACUS. Anyone have dolphin working to a decent extent on their comp? I think you could adjust the frame rate on that to get frame perfect stuff figured out and test out P-1's theory. Or if theres anyway to slow down the frame rate without bricking a wii I'd be willing to test this out. That would be the best way to test it out and get some data on how it works and such (if it does).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea you probably want to get an emulator for that. unless you dont care about your wii

the only thing I want to find out how to do is the pivot dsmash thing I did by accident a few months ago :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what is? the pivot dsmash thing?

a long time ago I was full blown sprinting in a match trying to get away from MK. and then I pretty much stopped on a dime and dsmashed the opposite way, hitting the MK that was chasing me. There was a banana nearby so I was hitting C stick to pick it up...but i didn't dash attack or slide or anything

Top Bottom