• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phoenix Saga Pt.2 - 2/11/12 - Ann Arbor, MI *MK Banned* - Everything You Want

thanks to everyone for the great advice and positive words, it's pretty hard not being able to use the only char you've played since you started playing the game... but i felt like everyone was really helpful and i felt motivated to do my best with the little wario experience i had

i have a feeling i wont attend another MI tournament for quite some time. but thanks for hosting tech, it was very well run.

LOE1

Smash Lord
uh, im bad at shoutouts, so i guess i will do my best :|
zinooooo you have only attended like 5 tournaments and you are already the best in MI...soon i will beat you and be on the pr myself :)
ragequaza...you alot better than i thought....
coco, i will depeat that olimar one day...not any time soon though lol
tech, main :wario:, drop the big fat penguin, or you are not a true wario
xatic, u made me :salt:
pzo i wanna see your wario, i didnt see you play :(
mikey, i never knew brinstar was one of your best stages, but it is my lair too, dont forget it.
zyth...ok i admit it, you may be pr material if you can beat rooler and go far in dubz like you did
ron/gio, learn not to use mk :denzel:
oriiiii fun teaming with you, your marth did better in teams even though you dropped him though, but it was fun
tutu, i will never mm you, ever
roller, i didnt get a chance to go my secret char against ice climbers because i didnt play one this tourney :(
lord helmat, i really wanted to play you, too bad we couldnt.
dark louis for best MI wolf
LOE1, next time get top 10 you scrub
and of course apash...sorry if i down you, i dont mean to, just learn my bad habits and you can defeat me
shoutouts to all the new faces, hope to see you guys again, hope this was a good expierence!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Lous's Super Duper Shoutouts:​

1: Zinoto - Your Diddy is so unique. Love watching it! Congrats on the win.
2: Ragequaza - You've come a long way. Good ****!
3: Mikey Lenetia - It was fun watching your set against Zinoto. Crazy good Peach.
4: Coco $14.00 - I need to quit SD'ing against you! Good sets though. I couldn't figure out how to get through your defenses.
5: Tutu - 'Dat Dacus. 'grats on beating Zinoto. We'll have to friendly next time.
5: KatyPerry - Good stuff!
7: Dust_Chase - I reaaaalllllyyyy hope Quaa or Q will let us chill at their place Friday night. I'll let you know Wednesday night at the latest when I see them at SoS and we can have an epic grand finals set at BASHCon. I have a 2 year streak to defend. :yeahboi:
7: WTP - We should play next time. I need to quit being afraid of Falco as Wolf. xD
9: DarkLouis - Your Wolf is seriously **** and flashy as hell. Just have to overcome the Falco mu and have the Wario mu down solid.
9: PzO - You made me choke. Your Wario's really good!
9: Xatic - You've really improved and it seems like a lot of people agree! Nice job killing me in that 1 on 1 in dubs. :salt:
13: LordHelmet - Falcon/Wolf...who would've thought that would be a good team. I'm definitely down for teaming again. Mistakes really hurt in this game and we just have to be more conscious of that.
13: LOE1 - :salt: :salt: :salt: My Snake is rusty, but the stuff you pulled out on game 2 was AMAZING. Good job handing me the most humiliating moment in my Smash career. :)
17: Zyth - Heard you beat Roller with DK. Good stuff!
17: ORI_bro - That lip on Frigate. :( Fun set though dude! I may be distant with work and everything, but I don't plan on leaving the scene for awhile. :)
17: WuvS - Nice Yoshi! You do have a grab release chaingrab on Wolf. Look into it.
17: TOPIX - We will def have to play next time!
17: Apasher - Thanks for the friendlies. D3's a mu I really need to be solid on in the future.
25: CS2Magus - Your Falco's legit. It'd be great to see you come back. You've got a lot of potential.
25: Mr. Free - Good set in singles! It was close.
25: Gifts - Let's play next time! Also, you're better than 25th.
25: Jawsome - Thanks for the friendlies!
33: Legit - Good set in pools!

JTsm

Smash Master
Were any videos uploaded on youtube or is it all in the stream?

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
I heard the games were recorded if they were on stream from tech a few posts back

and that LOE1 broke the stream when he landed the double waft lol

and me and zinoto gotta play more than one game nex time even though that was close for gandw diddeh lul

and oli shoudl be next to my game also cuz i used him in pools

tourney was great btw had fun except the waiting for hours for dubz to finish cuz lain didnt show X_X

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Zinoto's (Stolen from Tech) Shoutouts!!!!

1: Zinoto - Bad habits die hard huh? Gotta cover your *** at high percents lol.

2: Rayquaza - Wow you're really legit. Sucks that you had to leave, but I guess until the next tourney. Next time we do friendlies, let's actually do friendlies. I feel like you just wanted to get a feel for my :diddy: rather than actually friendly. If that's the case, just ask for a serious-ly/money match :yeahboi:. Looking forward to our match, no holding back >:D.

3: Mikey Lenetia - Thanks so much for all the :peach: MU advice. Watching you play helped me realize that my :peach: still has a long way to go to actually be a real threat. Our pseudo GF match was really hype and I learned so much from playing you. I think having :peach: as a secondary gave me a slight advantage. You definitely deserve your spot as a top 5 :peach:. You're a really cool person and I hope you can make it out to PS3 ^_^.

4. Coco - It's always a good time with you there lol. You're chill and hilarious. Can't wait to play you again (without the SDs lol). :diddy: does well in the MU if he can pressure :olimar: effectively. You gotta stay back and keep the momentum in your favor. Until PS3 ^_^.

5: Tutu - No :salt:, just respect. You're such a smart player and you punished almost all of my mistakes. You learned that :diddy: match up really well and outplayed me, flat out. I'll admit I was a bit flustered playing you in tourney, but it wasn't what caused me to lose, you just played better. Next time I'm coming for that win >:D.

5: Roller - Eh I think you could've beat Rayquaza, you weren't playing like yourself here. Normally you'd wall me out with :popo:, but you seemed kinda zoned when we played. Knowing you, though, you're gonna watch the vids of your matches and come back at the next one 3x as strong ^_^. Good stuff in doubles though, always a good time teaming with you. We did a lot better this time around.

7: Dust_Chase - You were hella aggro in your match with Rayquaza, I could see you really wanted to beat him. Take it slower next time, you got this >:D. Also good **** in doubles, that whiskey :yeahboi:.

7: WTP - Thanks so much for the smashfest Kevin. I really appreciate all of the sacrifices and favors you make for our scene. Fun matches in singles, that SD :yeahboi:.

9: DarkLouis - I thought Xatic was the only :wolf:. Really close matches in doubles, I really wanted to play you in singles though. PS3?

9: PzO - One of the chillest people I've ever met. I'm glad that I got to meet you and really enjoyed your commentary on the stream. You, Roller, Ori, and Coco did a really good job. I hope you can make it out to PS3, your :wario2: is so fun to play.

9: Sauceboss - All of these legends returning....it's just too much lol.

9: Xatic - You seem to be the only person who can hit me with every waft that you throw out lol. Good games and good stuff in doubles.

13: LordHelmet - Our doubles matches were freaking insane. Got styled on so hard by that :falcon:. You got pretty good at the :diddy: match up. Looking forward to our PS3 rematch.

13: THuGz - Good stuff in bracket. Expecting results like this in every tourney from now on :yeahboi:.

13: JTSM - Money match was fun. I like your hat lol, gotta play again sometime.

13: LOE1 - Lol it's something about your :wario2: I just can't figure out. You've gotta a lot better since PS1, keep improving like this (I told you wifi makes you better lol).

17: Zyth - Yooo, good stuff in pools and doubles. You and Ron are pretty good in teams.

17: ORI_bro - Lol you're match with Rayquaza was too good, so much hype. Your :olimar: has some potential, but those SDs have got to go. Until next time ^_^

17: WuvS - You are my favorite :yoshi2: hands down! I love seeing you zip all over the place with him, you should've just went back to :yoshi2: against Thugz game 3. Thanks for providing the stream and please come to PS3, I don't think it'll be the same without you.

17: Ryuts - I didn't play or meet you this tourney, but it's always a pleasure to have people show up to these tourneys. Next time we shall friendly >:D.

17: TOPIX - I always saw you on AiB, but never got to play you lol. That :ness2:. I wanted to play your :metaknight:, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait until next time ^_^. Really nice to finally meet you.

17: Amity - I saw those flashy b-reversals :yeahboi:. You're getting better after every tourney, hopefully you can make it out to more of these. Your :snake: is pretty fun to watch lol.

17: Apasher - You're at that point now that you need to start learning your own mistakes and getting rid of them. Watch top players and look at what mistakes they capitalize on. You also have to make sure you have complete control over your character. I see that you're making some progress with that :dedede: keep it up ^_^.

17: Ron - I didn't give you nearly enough credit in doubles, so legit. Maybe we'll get to play next tourney.

25: CS2Magus - Thanks for coming out, hope to see you at PS3.

25: Mr. C - Nice playing you again. Hope you can come to PS3 ^_^

25: Red - I can tell simply from how you play that Tutu's been giving you advice ^_^. You are getting pretty good and seeing as you've been in the scene since like November, you've really made some improvement. Sheik thrives off of punishing mistakes and can juggle characters to oblivion. Learn the errors people commonly make and punish them. One thing I noticed is that you are a lot more hesitant than Tutu. If you're gonna choose something, commit and do it. Sheik's quick so deal the damage and get out of there. I can't wait to see how you improve and look forward to seeing you at PS3 ^_^

25: Gio - It's all good. Not having your main in a tourney really hinders you (if :diddy: were banned we'd probably be switched in placings lol). Work on :wario:, but I don't think :metaknight: we'll be banned for much longer anyways. I personally enjoy playing you as :metaknight:, so much more fun.

25: Gifts - Yoo I wanna see that :diddy: next time.

25: Jawsome - Yooooooooooo next time we do random crews, you're gonna be my first pick. Such a chill guy and a really nice guy. Good games in pools and thanks so much for driving us after WTP's smashfest.

25: me9595 - That :dedede: infinite. Sorry you had to figure it out in bracket. Next time use :gaw:, you're pretty legit.

25: Stewylan - Nice to meet you. Hope to see you at more MI events!

Ham - Didn't get to meet you, but thanks for coming. Hope you can come to PS3.

Legit: - Second tournament we've been at and I have yet to meet you. You placed higher last time iirc, hopefully things work out at the next one.

Ksev - Thanks for coming out, hope to see you at PS3.

Sophy: Good games in pools. Hopefully you can come to PS3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutouts to L_Cancel for lurking this thread (lol yeah I saw you :yeahboi:)
Btw he was here, but he just didn't enter. He disguised himself as Reset :O

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I think everyone is forgetting the biggest shoutout of them all.

Douchebag Brunt Eggs: Showing MI what's good with his Yoshi.

17: WuvS - Nice Yoshi! You do have a grab release chaingrab on Wolf. Look into it.
Wat.

o_o I know about GR off ledge to Egg-Lay, didn't know of anything else.

17: WuvS - You are my favorite :yoshi2: hands down! I love seeing you zip all over the place with him, you should've just went back to :yoshi2: against Thugz game 3. Thanks for providing the stream and please come to PS3, I don't think it'll be the same without you.
Yeah buddy for being favorite Yoshi :3 After I lost I was thinking "I knew I should have went Yoshi" but I figured he would have went Falco, but I just made poor judgement. But I would love to stream PS3 and already planning on it. Ori and I will make new layouts and hopefully JTSM will lend me a laptop to pretty put-on the stream without crashing 823904 times :3

if the stream videos are being uploaded, what channel should i be paying attention too?
youtube.com/mracidapple

Same as the stream name, just my Youtube. I'll start doing it either tonight or Thursday when I'm away on a mini-vacation thing :]

Roller

Smash Legend
Roller you too, you played like *** vs RQ
It's truuuuuueee. ;;
I have never felt like I played that far below my skill level in a match before.
I like how people started giving their shoutouts a big *** title like I do. Lovin' it.

:denzel:
I have deffffinitely been doing bold titled shoutouts longer than you. :cool:

I'll do my shoutouts when I'm not being lazy.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Wat.

o_o I know about GR off ledge to Egg-Lay, didn't know of anything else.
Yeah...This awesome Yoshi named Zach did it to me at a tourney a couple years ago and I couldn't get out of it. It works best on flat stages like FD. It's not a 0 to death though. Think of it like D3's chaingrab...only grab releases. I haven't looked into if there's actually a way out of it.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAx3MoJNHI

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
lol, he knows how to do the yoshi cg, Louis. He is just saying he's not sure if it works on Wolf.
Exactly. As far as I know (and I do a decent amount of Yoshi research x.x) you shouldn't be able to GR Wolf at all (cept the Egg Lay offstage GR.) The only space animal you can GR is Falco, and that's not guaranteed, but it's slightly do-able.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
DRDNS STREAM MONSTER SHOUTOUTS
(provided by Paper Street Streams)

1: Zinoto Good **** :diddy: FTW
2: Ragequaza way to go undefeated.....and still get 2nd
3: Mikey Lenetia Congrats glad you had fun I thought you were going to have this one
4: Coco lol so much trash talk on the stream good **** in the games
5: Tutu You placed 1 spot below where I thought you would next time get it right
5: KatyPerry (Roller)(Lost to Ragequaza) seriously why dont you drop that many grabs against me?
7: Dust_Chase (Tech_Chase) (Lost to Ragequaza) you were supposed to do it for SK and you lost to RAGE :(
7: WTP It was cool of you to have that sf and you did well, kick out a little more sand next time and youll be in the $$
9: DarkLouis I didnt see you on stream and didnt think to ask for you to be on there until after the tourney was over I want to see this wolf whos always hiding
9: PzO FreezO!!!! good **** but you can do better
9: Xatic so no more :wolfbrawl:? congrats on 9th
13: LordHelmet kinda disappointed in the falcon main not getting top 10 :(
13: THuGz thanks for scarring small children for life with that new haircut :)
13: LOE1 You tied with THuGzl.....DO BETTER!!! and play on stream so I can root for you
17: Zyth that free :olimar:
17: ORI_bro your dropping :marth: for :olimar: :( AND you got out placed by THuGz.....Dissapointment
17: WuvS YOU LOST TO THuGz!!!!!! Dissapointment next time you better **** to make up for it
17: Amity everyones saying your improving but I know you are better then how you played here
17: Apasher Congrats on not getting last...honestly good job and keep working at it D3 is dumb and takes forever to get usefull and if you dash attack Tech :) :) :) :)
17: Ron why are you down here?
25: Mr. Free you too?
25: Gio why no :diddy:/:gw:? practice before next tourney so it shows you carried MK not the other way around :yeahboi:
25: Gifts ....wait last time I saw you you ***** what happend?
25: me9595 sorry to hear you got Inf. I guess since Tech didnt say hold off on all the inf. on new people it slid by as okay

-------Drowned in Pools--------

Ksev 2nd tourney, lots of people, it happens, you'll do better next time

Special Shoutouts to Nicole and Rizk for making the stream chat fun to be in
anti shoutout to Rizk being too afraid of a silly $100 MM I woulda done it...and won :)

and Shoutout to Wuvs and Ori for making the stream so good looking and props to Most of the commentators to keeping me entertained

but if you want to be a commentator for BRAWL there shouldnt be a match that you "dont even want to commentate this" just because there could be new people to the game watching that would like to learn whats happening.

OH and one last shoutout to Ori for calling me out on hitting on Nicole when EVERYONE was hitting on Nicole. :)

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
the only pika i say in the results you didnt face....
No johns.

I would have got second seed if i would have beat jawsome in pools or if i didnt loose 1 game to the luigi in my pool.

Jawsome kinda wrecked me in pools. But he lost 2-0 to the luigi (me9595.) So instead of getting second seed like i was predicted to get i got 4th. Went upbagainst coco first round. Lost obv. Then had a close set with sauceboss.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
17: ORI_bro your dropping :marth: for :olimar: :( AND you got out placed by THuGz.....Dissapointment
Yo THuGz had the easiest Loser's Bracket lol.

Special Shoutouts to Nicole and Rizk for making the stream chat fun to be in
anti shoutout to Rizk being too afraid of a silly $100 MM I woulda done it...and won :)
I was dying as well

and Shoutout to Wuvs and Ori for making the stream so good looking and props to Most of the commentators to keeping me entertained

but if you want to be a commentator for BRAWL there shouldnt be a match that you "dont even want to commentate this" just because there could be new people to the game watching that would like to learn whats happening.
I have no logical answer for why Lordy vs THuGz was put on Livestream. Nothing against Lordy, but there was something better that could have been put in that slot. The only thing hypeabout the set was Lordy living till 240%+ each match

OH and one last shoutout to Ori for calling me out on hitting on Nicole when EVERYONE was hitting on Nicole. :)[/COLOR]
swaggg, i should have gotten on rizzy's case as well but :p

Thanks, me and Tutu go flat out even. Outcome is always unpredictable in our matches lol.
If by even you mean 0-2 with me in bracket ;)

Also Kevin I told u at the venue not to sweat it, I still had fun and i generally rely on you in doubles to carry me. I can't get mad at the person who put me on their back for making a mistake.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
No johns.

I would have got second seed if i would have beat jawsome in pools or if i didnt loose 1 game to the luigi in my pool.

Jawsome kinda wrecked me in pools. But he lost 2-0 to the luigi (me9595.) So instead of getting second seed like i was predicted to get i got 4th. Went upbagainst coco first round. Lost obv. Then had a close set with sauceboss.

:phone:
me9595 went G&W against me, which is a matchup I absolutely hate, and then I wasn't sure who to go game 2, because I have no real G&W experience outside playing Scala last tourney, so I went Oli and lost that as well haha oh well.

Also I only used Olimar in pools one game, I used PT 2 games in pools against Zinoto. So could you please put Pika first. I think I'm done with Olimar after this tourney anyway.

LOE1

Smash Lord
....did DRDN not see what happened in doubles?
SOMEONE UPLOAD THE VIDS ALREADY!

JTsm

Smash Master
I'm watching the recorded the stream. lol Pingas pingas commentary.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I'll let me upload the whole couple hours of continuous footage we got from the stream, but not separate highlights, so what I may end up doing is just uploading video, then downloading it so I can edit out the matches out like that.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I watched my set vs Rage to see what I did right/wrong. And all of Game 1 except the last stock for Rage is online ;~;

LOE1

Smash Lord
the next ps better not be in april....i cant wait that long...

Top Bottom