• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokedex. PT doesn't care enough to analyze 120 matchups. (Update 7/16)

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Metaknight is a terrible matchup for everybody but Ninjalink, but it seems that a Charizard-Squirtle battery could be almost effective. Charizard outranges MK, and Squirtle's aerial speed is faster and he has nearly lagless aerials too. Of course, Ivy gets destroyed, but I think the other two could hold their own. I know this runs counter to conventional thought, so tell me why I'm wrong. Please.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
not only that but charizard cannot approach at all and his defensive game only works if the MK doesn't know the matchup...

squirtle doesn't get destroyed by the hitboxes imo. they are a hassle but he can maneuver around them alright. his recovery+weight combination is more of a problem imo.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's good to toss in every now and then but

1. he can tornado through it

2. it's slow

3. with proper SDI you either do little damage or take a nair/uair string/dair/etc

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Using Flamethrower really isn't worth it against MK. You want to use as lagless attacks as possible against MK, and Flamethrower's lag is way too easy for MK to punish.

Sometimes you can bait a Mach Tornado with Flamethrower and then counterattack with Rock Smash, but that's a gimmick at best. Any MK that knows the MU at all or is relatively smart won't fall for that.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
and meta knight is faster and much more flexible than charizard by leaps and bounds

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
You can use Charizard's Ftilt when Metaknight is on the ground or when Metaknight uses his ground game approach. Although, Metaknight is in the air most of the time, so you pretty much want to use Charizard's bair to space yourself. I believe Charizard's Uair comes out quickly, so you could spam that move, just use it when Metaknight is above you.

Top Bottom