• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokedex. PT doesn't care enough to analyze 120 matchups. (Update 7/16)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i like to shield the aerial and then bullet seed again GET ***** BULLET SEED COMBO UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I wonder how many characters can perform a B glide. I forget what it is called really but basically with neutral B and precise timing, you can glide a small distance in whatever direction you chose, most commonly forward. I know everyone knows Toon Link can do it with is bow and boomerang, and I did it a while back with Squirtle while charging water gun. It makes me wonder if Ivy can do the same with BS, which also makes be wonder if she can to the same with razor leaf. It just made me think because if BS gets to where it is that easy to DI out of, then maybe the B glide could help counter that. I also wonder if Charizard can to the same with flamethrower and rocksmash. The possibility is there. I have no doubt it could work. But I'm just throwing a thought out there.

Charizard can do it, it helps by not getting as juggled as easily.

The flamethrower Protects his underside since he is moving quickly down and backwards, hitting them.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
cool. Now we just have to figure out if Ivy can do it. I can't really think into depth of what could be done with Razor leaf or BS if she can do the glide but I'm sure something good could come of it.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ivysaur can do it with bullet seed, which is situational but can help if you slightly overshot someone you were trying to 'juggle' with it. razor leaf works i think. but neither of them are all that helpful.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
why have i never heard of this.... can i get a link to a thread or video?
If you are talking about the small glide, I just looked it up. It's called the Special Momentum shift and the description is pretty simple.

SMS Arrows
How to Perform: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Slightly tilt Backwards B, instantly Hit Forwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2qpfRmlSig

Just apply that to BS, Watergun and the other B/side B moves.

NatP

Smash Ace
I have a question: How can the snake ivy matchup be even? o.o I just don't get it.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
It can be an even match-up when you consider the date that that consensus was made in (Summer 2008, maybe earlier).
Yeah, maybe we should scrap this and ask a more dedicated person to do the match ups. we need one, since it is vital to PT's strategy, but this one, we haven't had a new one added for, 3 months?.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Yeah, maybe we should scrap this and ask a more dedicated person to do the match ups. we need one, since it is vital to PT's strategy, but this one, we haven't had a new one added for, 3 months?.
the top pts and top players of the other characters rarely comment on a matchup discussion. so what's the point? i'd rather leave it blank than add any more incorrect matchup conclusions. if someone wants to do this they can but don't expect to be right on more than half of the 120 matchups we have to do.

i think magik has the right idea.

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Yeah Magik/Steeler that's a really good idea, it's hard for the people that are fairly new to the boards that want to learn who don't know who the right people to listen to are, and from what I hear there's only 5 good PTs so the matchup discussion would be pretty misleading.

I'm not familiar with who's in the backroom so could someone please me know, I'd just like to know who isn't a scrub because it's gets annoying reading loads of misleading info the tacttical and matchup discussions etc.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah Magik/Steeler that's a really good idea, it's hard for the people that are fairly new to the boards that want to learn who don't know who the right people to listen to are, and from what I hear there's only 5 good PTs so the matchup discussion would be pretty misleading.

I'm not familiar with who's in the backroom so could someone please me know, I'd just like to know who isn't a scrub because it's gets annoying reading loads of misleading info the tacttical and matchup discussions etc.
who are the 5 good PT's again.

Reflex, IRL, Typh .......

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
And Squirtle said, "Squirtle, Squirt I say to you, For my Trainer so loved the Pokemon that he gave his one and only Squirtle, that whoever believes in him shall not lose but have eternal tournament winnings."

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And Squirtle said, "Squirtle, Squirt I say to you, For my Trainer so loved the Pokemon that he gave his one and only Squirtle, that whoever believes in him shall not lose but have eternal tournament winnings.
and yet that made so much since.

Squirtle what are the Poke'aditudes? what about the 10 Poke'mandments?

Top Bottom