• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
Scratch Growlith then I want Mawile
Read mah spoiler
I din't now if its ok to ask but where can i get Frosslass and Mawiles Files?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
If I were better at doing some things in BrawlBox and were currently able to use PSA...I would make Primeape playable.

Why? He is mah favorite. I even have a quick moveset for him.

A: Primeape performs Fury Swipes for as long as A is held. Hits in front of Primeape.

FTilt:primeape does a Drum-Buster (Slapping both hands over an opponent's ears (In other words, he slams both hands together out in front of him)
DTilt: Primeape performs a double trip kick.
UTilt: Primeape does a trio of quick punches into the air above him.

F-Smash: Primeape uses Karate Chop in front of him.
D-Smash: I am stumped on this one.
U-Smash: Primeape throws Mega Punch into the air.

B: Rage: Primeape begins charging, becoming red and beginning to to stamp his feet with steam coming out of him. This charge can be interrupted by shielding and rolling, but if he is hit out of the charge, the next use of Rage will do more damage and knock back, the damage can be increased up 30% damage. If he uses Rage, Primeape will fly across a length of 3/5s of FD unless obstructed by a solid wall.

Side B: Mega Punch: Primeape windmills his arm once before thrusting out his fist covered in white light.

Down B: Close Combat: Primeape will ready himself into a defensive stance. If he is hit, he will counter with a four hit combo of two punches and kicks, the last hit has more knockback.

Alternative Down B: Substitute.: Primeape goes into a defensive stance, if he is hit, he will disappear into a puff of smoke, and appear behind the opponent to perform a flying drop-kick.

Up B: Vacuum Wave? : Primeape throws a blindingly fast uppercut with a gale surrounding his fist. into the air. (Any alternative moves or functions will be appreciated.

Final Smash: Giga Impact: Primeape's fist will glow with a large, orange and white light, He will then jump up into the sky , a few seconds later Primeape will fly downward at high speed while covered in large flames, and causes a large explosion upon impacting the ground, both Primeape and the explosion deal out very high knockback.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey TGYMK how are you doing hydro pump? I've got some suggestions if you want I just got some from making my rock storm and dark pulse attacks. It's just like working with pulse effects and swirling effects and making them barriers and stuff and I've got some questions too.
Anyway Ttar's Hyper Beam is working great now I made it hard to spam and not broken but if used correctly in conjunction with his other moves you have yourself a powerful kill move.
This is for the OP

Playstyle:
Tyranitar is a psuedo legendary pokemon and his power is unmatched in Brawl. He has access to two extraordinarily powerful attacks: Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. Although powerful both need time to attack but his strategy is based off of this. Tyranitar has a problem with lag as most of his attacks have it which is the cost for the power they have. His quickest attacks are his F-Air Mountain Crusher, his F-tilt Dragon Claw and his U-tilt Destructive Roar and if used correctly his Down Special: Rock Wrecker which can double as rock slide as well. He has to use these moves to pound opponents and not let them retreat as they can shield through Hyper Beam if Tyranitar tries to blast them or they can pick him off as his dash attack is pretty weak and he is veryy slow. However, he doesn't suffer from projectile based strategies thanks primarily to his sand/rock moves: Rock Wrecker/Rock Slide, his N-Air Sandstorm, his Up Smash Rock Storm for most of i, his Down Smash Dark Pulse and Destructive Roar can halt even the most powerful projectiles and work as shields so he can mow through projectiles in the air and smash the opponent. His strategy itself lies around his D-Tilt Earthquake which can impale enemies into the ground and his F-Smash GigaCrush which can go through ANY attack of a normal character thanks to the energy covering Tyranitar. He can use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact to lunge and blast at opponents at a distance and at close range pummel them with Destructive Roar, Rock Storm and other moves like Dragon Claw. Due to his overwhelming power the opponent will eventually attempt to dodge and when they do Ttar is free to earthquake them and then finish with a power move ie: GigaCrush, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact or Dark Pulse all work great. Some thigns to avoid is too much aerial combat, as swift opponents like squirtle, Pit and Meta Knight will out manuvuer you and destroy you with quick devastating combos and smashes. Against heavy characters get in there and beat the living **** out of them and when they retreat you can blast them with a Hyper Beam, they jump you kill them with Mountain Crusher, they dodge hit them with Rock Slide which sends 4-5 boulders at them or just one quick Rock Wrecker. The only true problem is Pit and his Mirror Shield. Although Tyranitar's Hyper Beam can blast Kirby out of his Stone form, break shields, and demolish characters who try to reflect it in the end Pit can hold his own against hyper beam and thus you must change your strategy. Here is were you jump and use Sandstorm, and once you land Destructive Roar, to cancel Pit's arrows then utilize Rock Slide/Rock Wrecker to initialize close combat and then buffet Pit with Rock Storm, Destructive Roar, Dragon Claw and when he pulls out that invincible shield of his use earthquake to impale him and go in for the kill. Basically Tyranitar can cancel all projectiles kick anybody's @$$ who relies on sheer strength, and blast ranged opponents with moves like Hyper Beam and if given the time he can charge Giga Impact to lunge at them. The one thing Tyranitar is weak against is a quick character who doesn't have to actually truly "dodge" or "roll" to evade Tyranitar's close combat move because then when he tries to use earthquake they can truly dodge and the grab/kill him in the cooldown lag of the move.

@TGYMK please update the OP with this thx :)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
All right, I need ideas for more unique attacks.
The ones I've already decided on are:
-Neutral-B: Psychic (how do I make an attack chargeable?)
-Side-B: Will-o-wisp
-Up-B: Teleport
-Jab
-Dash
-Usmash: Thunderbolt
-Dsmash: Shadow Ball
-Uair
-Fair
-Final: Wish
And I'm not changing the throws. They're glitchy enough already; Gardevoir doesn't need me glitching them up further.
So for Gardevoir

*snip*

You could use this, have her create black hole "traps", which can suck foes in and alter their movement around the field. Or even predict attacks in the future (aka a Delayed counter that can activate whenever).
Sounds like darkrai is gonna have another projectile char to compete with... I almost feel bad turning darkrai into such a projectile-heavy char.

I guess I may as well go over some of my darkrai plans here now.

---

Darkrai: Focuses largely on projectile combat utilizing dark pulse, setting up traps between them and his sleep moves, aided by his quick movement speed. Projectile combat and the high movement speed seemed to make the most sense given his monstrous SAtk and Spd stats in the games. Several defining characteristics of this character:
- Almost all moves are a projectile of some sort, although certain moves cannot be reflected, and a couple of attacks are physical in nature (which obviously cannot be reflected).
- Neutral B (Dark Void) induces sleep within a fairly wide radius against grounded opponents. Gives a +3 advantage on wakeup. If connects, can be canceled into sideB.
- SideB (Dream Eater) will damage a sleeping foe and heal darkrai in the process, dealing very minor kb only to knock the foe out of sleep. It will also reflect enemy projectiles briefly at its startup regardless of if there is a sleeping target.
- DownB (Nasty Plot) stores a charge when used on the ground (max. 1), in a relatively brief animation (around 20 frames). If used in the air without a charge, it does nothing. When used with a charge, causes darkrai to hover in place for 90 frames. In this state, jab, tilts, and smashes (uncharged) may all be used. At any point the hover may be canceled with a press of the shield button, which will also cancel your current animation.
- UpB (Faint Attack) acts similar to pika's upB in startup and movement, but goes less distance and has only one dash instead of two. The move has no hitbox, but does not cause freefall and has very minimal endlag. It is primarily a form of movement. Obviously can only be used once in the air without either getting hit, landing, or grabbing the ledge.
- Aerials are cancelable into specials, enabling pressure utilizing upB and downB. Aerials offer a wide variety of different ways to hit a foe.
- Smashes cause for a sleepbox to appear at varying locations on the map (there are five different locations that can be placed) relative to darkrai's position. These sleepboxes give very minimal advantage and are generally located in rather inconvenient places for hitting a grounded foe. At the end of a certain time interval (90+ frames, I haven't decided on exact length), these sleepboxes become nightshade-esque non-reflectable projectiles that cover a large, but localized area of the screen. The smashes have fairly bad lag, so they're primarily to be used in conjunction with downB when setting up traps.
- NEW ATTACK COMMAND: Negative Edging. By releasing the A or B button when in a neutral state, darkrai is able to use two additional attacks. Given the confusing nature of typing neA or neB (does the "ne" mean "Negative Edge" or "Neutral?"), I'll be referring to these attacks as relA or relB ("rel" meaning "release"). The rel attacks will spawn a large distance away from darkrai, but hit toward him, without ever getting that close to him, adding to his ranged pressure game without becoming a fail-safe.
- Dthrow will be a sleep-inducing throw that just sits an opponent in front of darkrai. This throw will give a +1 frame advantage, essentially just allowing for mixups.
- All sleep moves will cause damage over time, to simulate his Bad Dreams trait.
- Ground speed is fast, low air control, semi-ff'er (brawl+ 6.0 marth).

And that's the basic idea of it. I've still gotta code all those projectiles, although I have the negative edge and downB mechanics working so far. I've got a full moveset planned, and I'll post up pics of the trajectories I'm thinking of later. I will say that Haze and Ominous Wind are going to make it into his normals, though.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
wow. this thread is all sorts of win!! I hope PW finds a way to add characters!

Leaf. I want to play that Darkrai!

Is there any way to make Typhlosion (sp?) a character? Is his model in that pokemon game too? He's one of my fav. fire pokemon aside from the obvious Charizard.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Overpowered? O.o You're kidding me, right? In that case, I must REALLY suck with her, becasue, well, I suck when using her. Not to mention the fact that she's only marginally heavier than Jigglypuff.
Insane air moment and a Usmash that deals at least 40 damage D:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Whaa? I tried it again and i got the same result as you. I could have sworn that I was hitting in the 40s before :s that's weird.

Also for some reason I don't hear Zelda's voices.
I guessing you have PAL and leaf had NTSC

the sound effect list are different between NTCS and PAL so PAL will hear someting and NTCS will hear the "original" :/

then the pal converter is out, use it x3

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
...why doesnt it?

it's a chargeable means of racking damage over time, in conjunction with poison powder, while they are probably affected by sweet scent/planted by her Dair.

along with that, it refreshes HP as food is created, along with her uspec

and no offense, but Growth as you described it sounds just...weird. Along with using the leaf to grab as opposed to just using smaller versions of ivy's vines
A smash attack should be a killing move, I don't want Chikorita to be incapable of killing. I will make leech seed his and/or her down throw.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ivysaur's vines are a part of his model I can't just just cut it off of Ivy. Right?

Is there anyway to delete an attack or action?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
how can she heal herself in PSA? o.O

spam food or some actions xD

nice work <:
Ty~ :3
Healing in PSA is just like self-damage. Same command and everything. 1E030100. Set the parameter to scalar, but instead of inputting a positive number (which inflicts damage), put in a NEGATIVE number. This will heal when triggered. c:

Yavanna

Smash Cadet

the sound effect list are different between NTCS and PAL so PAL will hear someting and NTCS will hear the "original" :/

I may be wrong but I think it isn't yet. But if it is could you give me a link to it please? :)

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

That explains why I was hearing Falco's voice clips while playing as Tails while Falco was also in the match. XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
A smash attack should be a killing move, I don't want Chikorita to be incapable of killing. I will make leech seed his and/or her down throw.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ivysaur's vines are a part of his model I can't just just cut it off of Ivy. Right?

Is there anyway to delete an attack or action?
it doesnt have to be a kill move (that and she has a Usmash that -can- kill), just look at Zamus's smashes. Two of them could be considered utility moves for their weakness (and actual utility with Dsmash).

however, her aerials do set-up for good gimping attempts, and she can rack damage and mess with opponents ike no other.

with her moveset as is, ALONG with the ability to kill...why would you ever switch to Quilava or Gatr? (remember, she is designed with those two in mind to cover her weaknesses)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Quilava's model is under his japanese name

I'm working on Tyranitar's Up Smash Rock Storm tonight! :)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we are allowed to distribute those files as they are torrented and that's against the forum rules sorry dude :(

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I may be wrong but I think it isn't yet. But if it is could you give me a link to it please? :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266576 the thread but dant is not finish with it yet

That explains why I was hearing Falco's voice clips while playing as Tails while Falco was also in the match. XD
it is kinda funny to hear that xD

I need help with <B attack on hoppip D:

know exactly what the other B attacks will be now (after a long time of thinking) but I cant choose between triple powder and mega drain D:

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
combinations about stun, poison and sleep powder 83
...Um.

Y'know what, here's a suggestion. How about U-Turn? It could be a ramming attack that places Hoppip farther back than where the move was used, doing minor damage and making the opponent flinch. Hoppip's extremely light, so it seems apprpiate for it to have a move it can use to hassle and retreat with.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Most of Ivy's stuff is inside his .pcs.

I have quilava's model and animations by the way. I'll send it your way if you like, and we could joint. :3
First of all, .pcs.? Huh?

Second of all, Yes, I would like quillava's model and animations. Could you PM them to me?

finally, Yes I would like to join the 2 pokemon. The only problem with it is that I have not tested Chikorita in brawl yet. Truth be told, I don't even know how to apply brawlbox stuff into brawl. I have homebrew channel but Gecko OS won't work.

I just finished Chik's double jumps, if you jump back you do a front flip. If you jump forward, Chikorita will use his leaf as a propeller and hover at the highest point for a few frames.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone checked if it's the extra bones that's causing the huge hurtboxes? If someone added like 20 bones to Olimar, I'm sure it'd be easy to check. More importantly, if that's the case, it might be fixable in PSA.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on Tyranitar's Megaton Tail which is now just an A+A combo he slashes once with his right claw then then when he seems to return to an idle animation he continues to spin slashing opponents with his tail.
Brawlbox Snapshots:
The Slash:

The Tail Slam:

I'm also perfecting the hitboxes on his Upwards-Tilt Destructive Roar so that it's strictly hitlag that holds you in place doing minimal damage and then one huge pulse/ring of energy slams you out of the attack
Hyper Beam works great now I'll upload new screenshots of alot of the attacks or maybe a video this weekend.
I'm also working on Giga Impact his Side Special and making it similar to Ike's but slower and stronger so it's like a combination of Ness's PK Thunder 2 (where he strikes himself) and Ike's Quick Draw attack, chargeable relatively fast covers large amount of ground (fully charged at least) and does ok damage and better KB.
I've experimented with adding rock effects and increasing the hitbox sizes on some of Tyranitar's aerial moves and Mountain Crusher may well become something like Rock Slam or Crater Claw (Ya that sounds gooood :laugh:)

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
englis0rz pl0x?

Also, thats awesome that you got the helicopter leaf to work! Any pics? :p
A picture wouldn't describe how awesome it is, you would have to see it at full speed in Brawlbox for it to look normal.

Top Bottom