• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

Quilava

Quilava joins the madness that is brawl! Along side Chicorita and Feraligatr he will help form the awsome rival trainer.

K before you guys get all hyped and are all like OMG YEW FINUSHED QUILAVAR?! no, I did not. I have not worked all that much on him as of late. I'm just updating with a little info on how i hope the project will turn out =D

If I had to describe Quilava in one word, I would chose "Fluent" yes Fluent! He is going to a marvel for your eyes, all his moves will connect with grace and power. He will be whimsical and fun! I dunno how to describe it, but with his long slender body I just think he should move gracefully. Think kind of like diddy, with his very fluent dash attack, but with every move.

He wont be very fast, overall average attack speed/run/walk speed but he will just be a fun character to use.

Moves:

AAA: head smasck, head smack, front flip smash with legs

>A: Jumps fowards into a back flip hitting people with his head, he lands farther from where he started the move

VA: Spins Around hitting people with his hind legs

^A: Jumps backwards onto his front paws and thrusts his feet upwards in a swift jump to kick people in the face.

*>A: Stands tall on his hind legs and slams the ground in font of him with his body.

*VA: Runs in a circle burning people above him

*^A: Jumps spinning upwards with his head facing the air, burning people with his back fires.

aA: Rolls in a ball With his flames a'blazin

a>A: flips forwards spiking people his butt

aVA: Stretches his body and kicks downwards

a<A: Starts flailing his body while spinning in a circle

a^A: Bites upwards

B: Ember - Shoots a ball of fiyah

>B: Flame Wheel - Jumps in a graceful manner into a flaming ball of ****. Non-chargeable, fixed distance.

VB: Defense Curl/Pokemon change - Curls into a ball and attains super armor. last a little longer than olimars down-b armor

^B: Lava Plume - In an aw inspiring Plume of lava, Quilava leaps far into the sky. Recovers similar to zard, but goes a lot higher.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ugh...Salamence's Flamethrower looks EPIC! however, I am experiencing some difficulties, nothing to big just that the effect only shoots the right way if he's facing left, if he faces right it shoots behind him lol
He's pretty powerful so far his abilities will far outmatch those of MK and Snake, two of the top characters that I built him to be able to withstand their attacks and blow them away with his power, speed and strategy.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman

Chikorita joins the brawl!

The reason I am typing this moveset is due to problems with JOE!!!'s move set. No offense but the vines are being imposible. Anyway, with out further ado.

B stun spore: Chikorita vigorously shakes and itches to release the paralysis-inducing stun store of her body, this pollen forms a close shield around Chik, all who touch the pollen will be shield-broken and take 1-4% of damage.

>B Sweet scent: See JOE's post

VB Switch: Switches pokemon, enough said

^B Aromatherapy: Chikorita releases sweet fragrances from her leaf, Chikorita get pushed upwards on sweet smells. She will be healed a little bit.

Aerials
> Fury cutter: Chikorita slashes 3 times in quick succession, the first 2 slashes are weak and have little knockback, but tons of hitstun, the final slash does 5% and ok knockback

< Iron tail: Her tail elongates and glows white, does significant damage but poor knockback and decent range

^Ancientpower: a small boulder floats in the air and is thrusted upwards.

V Mud slap: She turns up side down to smack domnward with her leaf and mud follows, does minimal damage but meteor smashes very hard

Smashes

> Light screen: Forms a pink wall of light in front of her and tosses it in a diagonal path, this reflects projectiles and does damage and knockback identical to Mario's > smash

V Reflect: A blue wall of light appears on both sides of her, they then push outward and blast opponents horizontally, it also give Chik super armor and blocks some attacks like Links arrows or Falcon punches.

^ Echo voice: Chik sings and the effect form jigglypuff's ^B apears and fades away. The music notes appear again, this time bigger, it fades again. The music notes apear again the size of a smart bomb explosion

More coming soon

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ugh...Salamence's Flamethrower looks EPIC! however, I am experiencing some difficulties, nothing to big just that the effect only shoots the right way if he's facing left, if he faces right it shoots behind him lol
He's pretty powerful so far his abilities will far outmatch those of MK and Snake, two of the top characters that I built him to be able to withstand their attacks and blow them away with his power, speed and strategy.
ok, you dont ever have an excuse for anything now, you purposley made salamence AKUMA overpowered....

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Now that is just outrageous. If Snake got S and Meta SS tier, are they gonna have to make SSS, or will everybody but mence join ganon at the bottom :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
....but really, who'd want to play somethign like this for any amount of time?

Sure, salamence would be fun for a little while, but itd get boring being that stupidly good...stupidly fast

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I think you should just keep your mouth shut and wait for the final product, as for my earlier statement I meant to say I purposely made him with the abilities to be ABLE TO completely negate the ANNOYINg and CHEAP strategies of those characters lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think you should just keep your mouth shut and wait for the final product, as for my earlier statement I meant to say I purposely made him with the abilities to be ABLE TO completely negate the ANNOYINg and CHEAP strategies of those characters lol
what annoying cheap strategies are you countering, again?

MK: Planking im guessing...

Snake: silleh range + weight, Im guessing..

so what this means is that salamence should have epic range of his own, as well as AMAZING kill power and an air game capable of sticking around the edge and catching MK as he tries to stall

congradulations, you made Metasnake

JOE!

Smash Hero
i dont even have to go past the 1st special:

you made him have better movement than sonic, while being like 8x heavier, a better recovery, projectileS, killing ability out the wazoo...O_O

if this is what you have him as in beta than yeah, he's OP

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
projectileS
To be fair, having a ton of projectiles really isn't that great an advantage in Smash. Link and Samus have never been higher than mid-tier and are usually low-bottom tier, while Falco, who has one generic spammy projectile, is high-top tier. Even with Snake the only projectile he frequently uses ares Grenades.

Otherwise, yea, Sonic with MK recovery + Ganon power = lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
HR

they have other flaws that take away from the advantage of multiple projectiles

at the same time, look at ROB and Tink and how they use their multiple projectile weapons

now look at salamence eing essentialy the best character stat-wise, now also having multiple projectiles....

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Salamence has significant lag between projectiles I can bet you all the money in the world that you can't charge and use Dragon's Rage once against any decent opponent 1 v 1 unless your on like New Pork City. Also Flamethrower is a staple move but you can't spam it do to the predictable startup and the significant ending lag.

I'd also like to point out Salamence has the hardest time of any character racking up damage and his moves like Steam Twister rely on the damage already being racked up. Also all the long-range moves and most his moves in general have non-interruptable ending lag, which I added for the exact reason as that great range has to come at a price.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
using his "Dragon" element and using flamethrower to send Snake's projectiles flying, use Blazing Dragon to counter MK's approaches keep MK at a distance with Dragonbreath and Dragon Burst and focus on using a combination of Flamethrower and Delta Blast to get the kill, another strategy is fleeing via Fly and the wheeling around to attack opponents like MK from the air, using Twister in an attempt to rack up damage isn't a bad idea either. :laugh:

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Also I'm changing his D-Smash since it goes against his so called weaknesses and flaws of racking up damage it will now be:

Downward Smash: Storm Sphere

Salamence crouches with wings spread and charges in this animation pose, he then rears and unleashes powerful flaps and roars creating a sphere of destruction. The air is charged with Dragon-energy and swirls around and powerful Dragon energy roars add to the destructive power of this move. This sphere of swirling air and Dragon energy starts out the size of Salamence’s body but quickly increases in size to cover 1 stage builder block on each side of Salamence.
However, despite the overall energy exerted to execute the move, only Salamence’s body does damage to the opponent and that is only 5% no matter the charge. The charge does control the size of the sphere though, and it will increase to 2 stage builder blocks on either side of Salamence! While this move, like many of Salamence’s others, lack damage it deals incredible push-effect knockback easily enough to kill a medium damaged opponent!

The devastating force of the air sphere cancels other attacks and reflects projectiles; its push effect can knock an opponent at 40% damage more than the length of Final Destination. The trick to the move is getting an opponent in close enough, with enough time to execute the move, where the air sphere will expand into/through the opponent dealing the maximum amount push knockback! This smash is Salamence’s quickest in terms of startup lag, the air sphere forms in 7 frames, allowing it to be a prime defensive weapon as well as an offensive one. The sphere will not be canceled by all but the most powerful attacks, so in a battle where an opponent has quiet a few summons, this attack can serve as an invaluable defense. I have tested this move after I tried Volcanic Hurricane and this fits Salamence’s “feel” more and I can give you one trick to perform that is valuable in team battles when you have friendly fire on and your teammate grabs an enemy you can fling him to the side of the stage (this move will not knock you off the ground unless your already in the air!) to deliver a powerful throw backed with your push effect to kill at medium percentages. You can also shield charging teammates if friendly fire is off, which can become an excellent strategy.

To those who believe this move is overpowered in defensive abilities I must point out that at the end of the attack Salamence has around 30 frames of ending lag leaving him vulnerable to a powerful attack. He is also still vulnerable to teleporting attacks like Chaos Control, Favore’s Wind etc so he does not possess an “absolute defense”, though he does possess invincibility frames while the air sphere forms. The sphere is active for 90 frames and will expand quicker at a full charge.

JOE!

Smash Hero
OK Omni, ask yourself this:

who can beat salamence, seeing as he is designed to take down the best of the best?

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
Even though Salamence is OP (as Joe puts it), he sounds like he would be easy to take down if used by the hands of a reckless person or one without strategy

JOE!

Smash Hero
Even though Salamence is OP (as Joe puts it), he sounds like he would be easy to take down if used by the hands of a reckless person or one without strategy
you can replace Salamence with every character in brawl in that sentance and theyd be easily beaten.

anyone with a braincell devoted to how to play Salamence right would DOMINATE

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
No not really Joe! He's a psuedo-legendary he is supposedly able to hold his own against the Regis so I'm going along with him so far when i distribute a beta then I'll start to "balance" him if I really have too...

JOE!

Smash Hero
No not really Joe! He's a psuedo-legendary he is supposedly able to hold his own against the Regis so I'm going along with him so far when i distribute a beta then I'll start to "balance" him if I really have too...
so then...explain mewtwo's suckage in melee?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Im just going by your philosophy here:

If slamence as a Pseudo Legendary is to be top tier material....

why wanst Mewtwo, an UBER, not Akuma/GOD tier in melee?

and, why dont pikachu and squirtle suck?

@n64:

if I were trolling, Id be sillier with my posts...

but if you consider voicing my concerns for a character design that will be downloadable for the public being ludicrous then....yeah

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Idk! I would've made mewtwo uber strong and have teleporting powers and stuff just let him be floaty cuz that's how it really is. But I DIDN"T MAKE MEWTWO so I'll start with making Salamence like he is :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
but why make him so stupidly strong?

why not make him interesting by i dunno, making him a viable addition to the smash-bros roster?

its really easy to make something stupidly weak/powerful...it's impressive to make somethign that is an actual balance, which would be fun to play as and have lasting power.

I mean, why the **** make salamence if he is gonna be played for a bit then lol'ed into history as a super-hacky pokemon thats little more than an I-win button? Where is the intrigue to having him beyond the novelty of him being salamence? I mean, he has no real style to him other than just being...stupidly strong....

what niche does he fill? reading the set he's essentially samus but 3x better...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Idk! I would've made mewtwo uber strong and have teleporting powers and stuff just let him be floaty cuz that's how it really is. But I DIDN"T MAKE MEWTWO so I'll start with making Salamence like he is :)
By making him broken? Pfft.My Froslass's Ice Beam says hi. >w> In other words, if you don't nerf him, you're as far off from the real thing as if you made him pathetically weak.
For example, Salamence is fast, but not THAT fast. There's a difference between balancing variability and just flat-out missing the mark. If you want a Sonic-speed character, make Ninjask.
I figured out the same thing with Scizor; I'm going to make him very slow and very strong, but not so much so that it's completely unlike Scizor in the games.

Top Bottom