• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@ Omega what do you need the mod thing for anyways?? is it for Ivysaurs PSA?
and as for the Marcel dude NOTHINGin this thread is completely done there are some betas out there like Gardevoir try that

I'm working on Salamence's F-Tilt Dragonbreath right now and it's almost done :)

Omega dude you are so lucky I found this for anybody out there look on this thread for a tutorial of how to moveset hack Ivysaur, Squirtle or Charizard!! Without Dan's mod thing or whatever anyway here's the link to the thread http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=4530.0

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Well, I said Weavile's throws would be complted by the end of the weekend, and I am a man of my word.

You can see Weavile's throws with the rest of the set on page 58, or you can simply click the oh-so-subtle link in my sig.

I forsee the aerials being either really easy or really difficutly to conceptulize. He can't really do any of the lunging stuff that comprises the bulk of his ground moves, so hopefully I can find a way to make his aerials not be TOO poorly-ranged, lol.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
and as for the Marcel dude NOTHINGin this thread is completely done there are some betas out there like Gardevoir try that

I'm working on Salamence's F-Tilt Dragonbreath right now and it's almost done :)

Omega dude you are so lucky I found this for anybody out there look on this thread for a tutorial of how to moveset hack Ivysaur, Squirtle or Charizard!! Without Dan's mod thing or whatever anyway here's the link to the thread http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=4530.0
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! I can finally do PSA on Chik. I was just going to give up an pass the baton to someone else. bye the way, I used it over lucario's pac so............................................. any one got idea where energy ball should go?

JOE!

Smash Hero
what?

energy ball?

WTF?

where in the set does she learn energy ball? I thought you ere basing this off my moveset for her?

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, cant it just be ripped off of her pokeball? (which is the move i put as her B, much like charizard kept flamethrower)

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I looked in PSA, where the external article comes from and I am having a lot of trouble with it. I will do my best to make leaf storm, but I personally don't like multiple characters sharing specials.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Progress on Salamence

Salamence is rolling along I've got all the animations for falls, jumps runng and braking I just don't have a walking animation finalized yet. I deliberated about having just one slow walk speed for salamence, this would help balance him out as a character and balance his effectiveness on the ground as he either has to walk quiet slow, dash fast or take to the air. I have the animations for Salamence's F-Tilt (Dragonbreath), D-Tilt (Twister), U-Tilt (Dragon Roar) and his dash attack (Shoot Through) finalized and I'm beginning PSA on those attacks tomorrow.
Personally I think Energy Ball would look really sick but whatever leaf storm would be epic too so whatever you guys decide on will still look sick on Chikorita. Also just thought I'd point out that Salamence can be grabbed!! He never freezes except for some (not all) items.
On a sidenote Tyranitar is also very well along although I haven't worked on him in awhile I could still distribute him as a beta if I so wanted to :chuckle:

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Scizor is coming along quite smoothly, aside from a glitch where the game freezes if he stops walking (unless you do another action like jump or ftilt).
I decided to weaken him a bit, but he's still going to be one hell of a power hitter.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Scizor is coming along quite smoothly, aside from a glitch where the game freezes if he stops walking
I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

Marcel06.21.1995

Smash Cadet

ok thank you for the anwser :)
so what about a testversion from Scyther or Tyranitar
I can try to find bugs ... on the Pal and the NtSC version :bee:

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
As far as I know when it comes to characters the only bugs that would be PAL-specific are that PAL and NTSC have different sound codes, so a separate PSA is needed for each.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I looked in PSA, where the external article comes from and I am having a lot of trouble with it. I will do my best to make leaf storm, but I personally don't like multiple characters sharing specials.
er....how is leaf-storm gonna be similar to ivy's razor leaf? Its the spammy pokeball move she has...ivy is a super-priotiy leaf

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Leaf Storm would be a better FS in my opinion... assuming you can mess with the FS for the PT 'mon.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I think Chikorita should use Leaf Storm but maybe have like a small tornado of leaves and green swirl around here and shoot out like 5-7 leaves in the forward direction at different angles

JOE!

Smash Hero
B: Razor Leaf (The Pokeball way)
Final Smash: Leaf Storm

^I think this is the concensus
sounds good

however, i still feel giga drain would be cool to put somehwere to fit her manipulation niche out of her, quilava and feraligatr...

perhaps swith her Fsmash out for it?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I actually agree with you, seeings how Chika cant use leaf storm lol. Giga drain seems more unique too.

I was just pointing out the popular opinion.

JOE!

Smash Hero
seriously, it was all semantics about leaf storm tho...

I called it that in the set because i wanted it to differ from Ivy's razor leaf enough

on another note, think this set would be possible to hax?

Mewtwo is the strongest... you know what, if you don't know who Mewtwo is already, just go ahead and leave. We don't need your kind here.

Size- 9/10
Mewtwo is a massive character. Measuring in at an impressive 6'7", he is only surpassed by Ganondorf in height. He also sports a light frame, but a massive tail effectively puts him at about twice Ganon's width.

While this makes Mewtwo rather easy to hit, his stature allows him to out-range just about any opponents, even close-up!

Weight- 9/10
Along with his impressive stature, Mewtwo weighs in at an incredible 268 lbs! This makes him bulkier than Charizard, but not nearly as weighty as King Dedede. If you were to put him on brawl's weight list this makes him the new 5th heaviest fighter.

Movement- 3/10

Ground- 2/10
Mewtwo hovers just barely off the ground, combining poor traction with slow movement speed for a terrible ground movement. His Dash just barley passes out Zelda, and his walk is comparable to Jigglypuff's.

On the bright side, the floating means he does not trip randomly when dashing like most other characters (except with banana peels), although that may be little reassurance.

Air- 4/10
Mewtwo fares a bit better once airborne, moving faster than his dash with an average Hor. air-speed, and an average first jump like that of Mario's. However, he has an abysmal fall speed, tied with Peach for second slowest. Combined with his big frame he could be easy pickings for jugglers.

Recovery- 8/10
Mewtwo turns this around with recovery though. Not only does he have an excellent second jump, comparable to Toon Link's, but he also has an excellent ability in Teleport, with it's relatively long range and speed. Combine this with his average air speed and slow fall speed, Mewtwo should rarely fear being gimped.

Attack Speed- 3.5/10
Unfortunately for Mewtwo, he has no relatively fast moves. Everything he has save a few attacks here and there either have some hefty lag tacked onto the beginning or end. Fortunately, the amazing range or utility of your moves should make up for their speed.

Priority- 11/10
Mewtwo's Psionic power gives him the best priority attacks in the game, bar-none. Nearly every move is disjointed with transcended Psionic properties, or has grab priority (his only jointed attack even grabs!). This is quite easily his best feature, now if only his attacks weren't so slow...

Power- 5/10
Many of Mewtwo's abilities are either control based or have set knockback. While this may give the allusion of him having mighty attacks in term of launching, he only has one or two abilities capable of killing opponents in the traditional sense.

Range- 9/10
As mentioned a few times before, Mewtwo's size and psychic reach give him tremendous ranged capabilities, sometimes extending throughout the whole stage! What keeps this from being a perfect stat however is that while good all around, his attacks all vary wildly in range, anywhere from right in front of him to a few Platforms away.

Overall Mewtwo is a scary opponent to approach due to his range and priority. Be thankful that he is very sluggish overall, both in attack speed and movement, and easily pressured due to his slow movement and size if you are able to get into his face.

Neutral Special - Telekinesis

Mewtwo's eyes glow a bright blue as he begins to levitate in place, exerting his dominance over the world. After a fifth of a second, all projectiles and objects freeze in midair, and all enemies are pushed back a battlefield platform over the course of half a second. Mewtwo levitates for up to five seconds or until he releases the attack, and suffers a third of a second of ending lag.

Mewtwo then gains complete control over the field. By tilt the control stick, Mewtwo can push all objects, and projectiles in any direction. Objects are moved at their falling speed, projectiles at their regular traveling speed, with control similar to Yoshi's final smash in terms of momentum.

Mewtwo can hit opponents with their own projectiles as well. Projectiles such as Link's bombs and Snake's grenades have their timers before exploding frozen. Instead they will explode on contact with an enemy. If Mewtwo ends telekinesis early, the timer restarts at the point at which Mewtwo first gained control of it. Note that Mewtwo only gains control of projectiles fired when he starts the move. Opponents can still fire and throw projectiles at him while he performs the move, so it doesn't completely shut out projectile users.

Side Special - Shadow Ball

Mewtwo holds his right hand out and generates a sickly black sphere in a quarter of a second. The Shadow Ball is the size of a half charged Aura Sphere, and levitates in front of Mewtwo for one and a half seconds before firing. Once fired, it wobbles forward at the speed of Ivysaur's Razor Leaf, exploding on contact to do 6% damage, with knockback that KOs around 175%.

With ending lag, Mewtwo can generate these at a rate of about three a second. If Mewtwo uses TK while the Shadow Balls are out, they move twice as fast as they normally do, but deal the same damage and knockback. He can turn it with about the same angle as Lucas's PK Thunder.

Up Special - Teleport

After a third of a second of starting lag, Mewtwo winks out of existence, leaving behind a trail of purple vapor. Mewtwo then reappears the height of three Ganondorfs upwards by default, but will move in whatever direction the control stick is pressed, releasing a purple storm of Psionic energy that hits everyone with half a stage builder block for 7% damage and light knockback. Mewtwo then enters helpless state (if performed on the ground, he suffers negligible ending lag).

If there is an enemy within half a stage builder block of Mewtwo when he performs this move though, Mewtwo teleports them with him! The opponent reappears in the same direction that Mewtwo propels himself, so the opponent is teleported above Mewtwo if he teleports upwards, and so on.

When performed in this way, Mewtwo does not enter helpless state, and suffers no ending lag to his attack. He still cannot perform Teleport again until he touches solid ground, however. At percentages around 80% and lower, the knockback from the teleport is low enough that Mewtwo can immediately follow up with an aerial. This move is essential to Mewtwo's playstyle, giving him direct control over his opponent's position off-stage, as well as being a great recovery and mobility tool.

As a recovery though, this move does have one significant problem. Your opponent can get hit by Teleport in midair as you head back to the edge; if you grab the edge with it, your opponent reappears on the stage! In general, you're going to want to avoid such a counterproductive action.

Down Special - Levitation Field

Mewtwo's eyes glow blue, and after two fifths of a second, Mewtwo releases a storm of psychic energy in the radius of a Smart Bomb around him. The field does 12% damage, but oddly, no knockback when released, but rather a lot of hitstun akin to being struck by a sweet-spotted move. The cyan explosion condenses into a mist that causes all characters in the area to levitate freely. Mewtwo suffers relatively little ending lag after the field is sent out of him.

The field lasts for five seconds, and while inside it, characters move at half their aerial DI speed in any direction, knockback is greatly reduced to the point that all attacks deal only flinching knockback, hitstun is doubled, but attack speed is cut in half similarly. Curiously, Mewtwo still moves at three quarters of his usual speed, but takes the same amount of hitstun. If Mewtwo uses this attack in the air, he cannot use it again until he hits the ground.

This attack is amazing as a prison for Mewtwo to unleash his normally slow aerials within, and to just generally create chaos on the stage for him to abuse. It can even be a possibly aide to his recovery if placed off stage, trapping potential gimpers and stopping his momentum cold.

Special Grab - Confusion

The most iconic attack in Mewtwo's arsenal, he holds out his hand and reaches out with his mind. The nearest enemy within two and a half stage builder blocks is held by a blue energy field, even in midair. This is a laggy grab, taking two fifths of a second to perform, but the incredible range overrules it's weaknesses.

Once Mewtwo has grabbed an opponent, he can move them around with the control stick within two and a half stage builder blocks. Mewtwo can crush the opponent by holding down the B button, dealing 1% per half-second, or slam the opponent into the ground or walls for damage. Each hit deals 2% damage plus half a percent for each previous hit. This amounts to a somewhat slow pummel usually, but can be faster depending on the surrounding architecture. Mewtwo can finally release a thrown opponent by pressing the A button, tossing them in the direction of the control stick. They are thrown one stage builder block, plus one stage builder block for every time they were slammed into a surface, up to a maximum of six.

Mewtwo can also use this move in the air, but has half the grab length as when grounded (he has the same range of movement however), and cannot slam opponents into surfaces to increase the knockback, unless he lands while holding the opponent, or perhaps he happens to be near the edge of a stage?

An important note about this move is that it has an especially potent stale. Hitting this decreases the range of the actual grab by about 1/5th each hit. Not to worry however, it follows the standard stale count, in that using other attacks will refresh the range.

Jab- Psionic Claws

Mewtwo throws his right arm forward, and halfway generates a Shadow Ball. It explodes directly in front of him in less than a quarter of a second, dealing 6% damage and knockback that KOs around 175%.

By holding the A button, Mewtwo redirects the remaining energy into a second attack, sending dark flames out in a stream about a stagebuilder block long. The stream does light hits of about 3% damage each, and can be angled up or down. This secondary attack cannot KO though, and putters out in about two seconds. It's surprisingly brutal inside a Levitation Field, however, where foes have difficulty avoiding the hits.

Dash Attack- Dimensional Switch

Mewtwo teleports forward two battlefield platforms mid-dash. When he lands forward, a blast of psychic energy shoots forward, dealing 5% damage with little knockback at close range. Mewtwo can teleport off the stage with this attack, and enter helpless state. You can use this to also instantly reach the ledge though.

If the enemy is within two battlefield platforms of Mewtwo when he performs this attack though, Mewtwo teleports into the spot the opponent is in. The opponent, instead, appears in the place Mewtwo just vacated, taking 5% damage and backwards knockback that KO's around 160%. A strange dash attack, in that it is actually a fairly effective spacer, and can kill grounded approaches done right....just be careful of your own positioning when you try this.

Forward Tilt- Telekinetic Slam

Mewtwo casually waves his hand in front of him as his eyes glow a piercing blue color. The air in front of him in an area distorts slightly, ripples appearing in the air. The move has a little over a third of a second of start up lag, but any opponent a little less than a stagebuilder block in front of Mewtwo will instantly be tossed out telekinetically at about a 30 degree angle, travelling the height of three Ganondorfs outwards and taking 5% damage.

This move has a small bit of ending lag, but has knockback that makes it quite favorable to follow up with one of your ranged abilities or begin a laggier attack if they try to come back to you. The move has a rather narrow hit box in front of him, and cancels helpless states, making it nigh impossible to edgegaurd with unless the opponent purposely goes directly in front of you.

Up Tilt- Psybeam

Mewtwo makes a strange hand motion, bringing his hands together as his eyes take on a purple hue. If there is an opponent nearby to either side of him, he will grab them telekinetically, spin them around his body then over his head rapidly, and fire them upwards with a Psybeam out of his hand. The beam itself travels up to the blast zone, and will hit enemies even in the air, but Mewtwo will only fire it if he grabs an opponent with the attack. He suffers about the same end lag as it takes to start the attack.

This attack has a very short range for Mewtwo, but hits to both sides. It has about two fifths of a second of starting lag, but deals 15% damage and KOs at around 130%, making it a fairly strong attack and a reliable, if somewhat difficult to hit, KO move, especially with its disjointed, grab priority.

Down Tilt- Disable

A simple wave of the hand again, and the air in front of Mewtwo distorts. The animation and lag are almost identical to Mewtwo's Forward Tilt, making it difficult for enemies to discern which one you are performing. This attack instead creates a field around any opponents in front of Mewtwo, similar to when caught by Confusion, with a range of a little less than a stagebuilder block. Enemies in this field take no damage, but are suspended, floating just slightly in the air, and must button mash to escape at grab difficulty.

This move isn't quite reliable or fast enough to throw out at random, but placed correctly, is a fantastic set up to other KO moves and attacks.

Forward Smash- Future Sight

Mewtwo's eyes glow entirely purple, before he reaches out far forward, attempting to physically grab his opponent. His only jointed attack, it's relatively fast and has a decent range (and grab priority to boot). If Mewtwo touches his opponent, he grabs them by the face and blasts a purple light into their face, giving them the purple cloud effect like Mewtwo had after storing a Shadow Ball in Melee, before releasing them with a slight frame advantage.

This is Mewtwo's KO move of choice. Why, you ask? Because exactly five seconds after using this move, the opponent takes 18-29% damage, and knockback that KOs around 140%. While not an excellent KO percentage, Mewtwo can use Confusion, Teleport, and other moves to force the opponent offstage when they recieve the knockback, and, with proper care, can be used to KO at 80% or lower! Mewtwo suffers a considerable amount of ending lag if he misses with this attack however, similar to missing a Dash grab on most characters.

Up Smash- Psycho Bomb

Mewtwo crouches slightly and focuses his internal energy, his eyes glowing a fierce blue color. After a third of a second, a bright blue sphere of energy the diameter of a battlefield platform warps around Mewtwo, and expands at the speed of Jigglypuff's dash. Even while charging, enemies within the field take rapid hits, adding to about 2% per second. The sphere will continue to expand until it half the size of Battlefield itself.

When Mewtwo releases the attack, the field winks out for a moment. A third of a second later, the sphere explodes into a column of blue light that reaches the top boundary, and about 1/2 the width it was charged to. It lasts for two seconds, and enemies take rapid single hits with upwards flinching knockback, dealing from 30-50% damage, the last hit having upwards knockback that KOs around 240%.

A massive damage racker, a slow, but powerful "get out of my face" attack, and general haymaker. Especially effective if you can drop out of a levitation field and launch this attack from below. One of the least spammable attacks in the game, but ridiculously dangerous in that the charge is rather low priority.

Down Smash- Psionic Rift

Mewtwo's arms stretch out as he crouches down, summoning up a great force. His eyes glow violet, and after about three fifths of a second of starting lag, he creates a massive purple cloud around him, similar to his teleport move, with radius of about a battlefield platform around him.

Everything, be it item or enemy, is instantaneously teleported away into random directions about two Ganondorfs away, and take damage from 18-29% with knockback that KOs starting at 160%. Mewtwo can also direct the teleport with DI right as they disappear, and force everything to teleport in the same direction. If the opponents are teleported into the ground, they take no knockback, but an extra 8% damage and are tripped. If you fully charge the attack, they're instead pitfalled.

Mewtwo also takes a good bit of ending lag from this move, but knockback or tripping makes it a fairly frame neutral attack, especially if you space it right for your next move. It's even more difficult to hit with than confusion, but it's more offensive nature more than makes up for the loss of fine-tuned control.

N. Air - Barrier

Mewtwo forms a field of blue energy directly around himself. This attack has only about a quarter of a second of starting lag, and a relatively short range, but Mewtwo's aerial DI and fallspeed are slightly decreased while he performs this attack. Upon contact with an enemy, the field deals 6% damage and moderate knockback and pushback, making it feel more powerful than it really is.

While the attack is fairly safe and easy to use, it can't really threaten opponents, acting more like an offensive version of a Spacey reflector. While he takes some moderate end lag in the air, he suffers a good deal of landing lag as he bounces slightly off the ground, making Mewtwo open to punishment.

Forward Air- Anti Matter

Mewtwo reaches forward with both arms, his eyes glowing purple as he creates a ball of darkness in his hands. It explodes immediately after creation, dealing three hits for 5% each and light knockback. It has excellent priority and Mewtwo has surprising control of the angle for an aerial, and it has fairly low lag for Mewtwo, at around a fifth of a second. The knockback of the first hit is a tad stronger than the other two as the explosion occurs, which may make hitting all three a bit tricky if you don't have a way to reduce the knockback...

Back Air- Black Hole

Mewtwo's eyes glow violet, and he reaches forward, as if using his Forward Aerial, but suddenly turns around in midair. He creates another black sphere in a little under two fifths of a second, but this one has a suction effect, bringing opponents within about two thirds of a stagebuilder block of the attack into its hitbox.

The attack deals around 16% damage and knocks opponents at a 45 degree angle as the black hole detonates in an explosion as big as the one caused by Ganon's utilt, with knockback that KOs around 120%. An excellent KO move, especially when used off stage. Mewtwo suffers much more ending lag than with Anti Matter though.

Up Air- Psywave

Mewtwo's eyes fill with purple light as he raises his arm over his head. Psychic energy seems to spark from it, and shortly after a wave of purple and pink light fills up the area above Mewtwo. It has a surprisingly large range, hitting about the height of Mario upwards and about 60 degrees to the right and left of Mewtwo and excellent priority to boot.

The attack does only 7% damage and light upwards knockback that won't KO, but massive hitstun. The move has about three fifths of a second of starting lag, making it impossible to juggle with under most situations, but effective in a Levitation Field with it's tiny end lag.

Down Air- Levitate

Mewtwo's eyes glow blue, as he lightly kicks downwards (takes about 1/5 of a second). His feet aren't the hitbox here though, but the energy field he leaves beneath him. An area about the size of a bumper is filled with swirling energy, and any opponent hit by the field takes massive hitstun, about three fifths of a second's worth, and is trapped in a spinning position. They float in midair though, and it still counts as an attack for recharging recovery moves.

Where this move is useful is for disabling opponents temporarily. It's especially filthy inside a Levitation Field, with how it plays with hitstun, and even without it, Mewtwo can sometimes fastfall beneath an opponent hit by this move to hit them with a Uair. This move is great for stopping and then turning the tables on jugglers, or just trapping a foe to give yourself room.

Oh, and if you can, hit an opponent offstage with this after you nail them with Future Sight. They will not like it.

[ [ PSYCHIC ] ]

Yes, the most overpowered move from R/B/Y thanks to Mewtwo makes its way to Brawl! After grabbing the smash ball, press B at any time to teleport into the background to give yourself some room. From here, waves of Psionic energy will emit from Mewtwo, turning the stage into a massive Gravity field, levitating all players helplessly as...what are those fissures on the stage?

It can't be. Mewtwo's mind is so powerful that he's literally tearing the stage apart into three separate pieces! From here you can smash the control stick in any direction as each section levitates infront of you. Each piece does tremendous damage, up to 70%! Annihilate your helpless victims as they struggle under your will.

Once Mewtwo runs out of stage pieces, he will envelop all but himself and surviving players in a massive version of teleport as the stage is returned to normal under his might.

Stages that move or transform will be frozen where Mewtwo started the final smash. On stages like Onett or a Wario Ware transformation with no "blocks" (in Onett's case only 2 things...), mewtwo will lift a chunk of ground out instead.

Mewtwo is a unique character among the roster, being both heavy, yet floaty, having god-like priority, but worm-like speed, he seems to defy the rules of basic character design. He extends this oddness into how you play him as well. At first he seems like your average camper, using Shadow balls with TK to force approaches, but on further inspection, he brings a much scarier twist to that style: a moving wall.

The trick with Mewtwo is getting past your notions of how to space attacks for maximum effect. Mewtwo's attacks all either grab or reach far past himself and carry the same effect throughout the range, so you really only need to worry about timing rather than spacing with your moves. However, if you miss your mark, the lag from your attacks will spell doom as your opponent can now approach and rack some hefty damage on you.

That being said, once your opponent is coming at you, you have the advantage. You can break pretty much any opponent out of their approach with Dtilt, Ftilt, Dash Attack, DSmash, even a well timed Teleport. However, Confusion is what you will be wanting to stop them cold with. Early on in a match you will want to be racking up damage, a relatively hard thing to do as Mewtwo with his laggy attacks. Confusion helps tremendously in the amazing spacing you can achieve with it, essentially leading to almost any move you want depending on how you toss your opponent. Try different mix-ups with it, such as a light toss to land the opponent into a Utilt, or maybe even a hard smash to the ground to bounce them up for an aerial. On some stages, Confusion can even kill if it's fresh! A simple grab near the ledge could be all it takes to swing someone under the stage for a stage-spike, granted they're at the right % of course.

This isn't the most reliable way to build damage though. You're going to want to force your opponent into the air and isolate them. Teleporting an enemy into the air with you is a great way to get it started, especially at percentages around 25-80%, where you have a good chance of being able to pull out a Levitation Field and still hold your enemy inside of it. Your Fair and Uair are especially effective, and your Dair can leave opponents utterly defenseless. Smart players will sometimes Teleport out of their Levitation Field to the ground, so they can fire off Shadow Balls or charge up an Up Smash to rack some hefty damage on the trapped foe. Be careful of Nair in a Levitation Field however, it's pushback can knock opponents out of it, this could be beneficial offstage, leading to potential gimps as their Up B's are slowed, or if you want to hit them with a move that has knockback.

Once your opponent is around the 80% mark, you're in the optimal position to try to use Future Sight. With your ability to control the opponents position, its the best KO move you have, despite the relatively low knockback. With your multitude of positional moves, it shouldn't be too hard to maneuver a foe close to the blast line to make a seemingly weaker move into a real killer, just be sure to remember the 5 second countdown to the detonation.

Future Sight isn't your only KO move though, and certain opponents make it hard for you hit them with it. You can also get KOs with your UTilt and Bair if you maneuver your opponents well. But even though they are decent, often times the opponent sees it coming and will most likely weasel their way to safety. This is where Mewtwo's potent gimping abilities come into play. With clever use of Teleport and aerial Confusion, you can make an opponent's recovery a nightmare to perform. A good tactic would be to Teleport with a foe off to the side, and immediately Nair to get that awesome push effect. From here they should be either too far to recover depending on %, or relatively easy to edgegaurd. Other strategies include using confusion to toss a foe against the stage, or to Dair, go back on stage and TK some Shadow Balls to pressure them from coming back. Be careful however, as you can accidentally Teleport your opponent back to the stage.

You play best against opponents who move slow or attack slowly, like you, seeing as you can generally just bully them. Even characters with excellent priority fail against your attacks, as you have much more. Be willing to retreat or Teleport around your opponent to keep the advantage. Your Dash Attack is especially effective to this end as you swap places, making the opponent rethink what they were trying to do. On the subject of slow characters, opponents with fast movement speed are something to be wary of. High aerial speed means an easier time in Levitation Field, and high ground speed means they can just bait attacks, retreat then rush back to take advantage of your lag (or just beat you to the punch on some moves). Try to keep an eye on your opponent's patterns when moving around if you want to manipulate them properly.

Avoid letting your opponent prey on your weaknesses. Your combination of size, floatiness, and weight makes you one of the worst combo targets in the entire game, so punishing approaches is more crucial for Mewtwo than it is for any other character, and potentially the easiest to do as him. You only have Jab, F and Uair as traditional damage rackers, so have to control your opponent at all times in order to be able to build up the damage you need via healthy usage of Telekinesis and Levitation Field. Focus on keeping your opponent under your psychic thumb, and victory will only be inevitable.

Entrance- Descending Teleport

Mewtwo appears from his Teleport attack as if he did it from the floor straight up, then slowly descends to the stage engulfed in a blue aura as if he is using Confusion on himself.

Up Taunt- Unmatched Power

Mewtwo floats up about as high Lucario does when he makes his entrance, and does a similar pose, except looking to the sky as his Barrier forms around him. This shakes the screen as he does so, and can even cause a trip to an opponent directly touching the Barrier as it appears. An awesome display of his Psionic prowess.

Side Taunt- Evil Laugh

A classic taunt from the Melee era, Mewtwo spins in place, crossing his arms with a content laugh after presumably dominating an opponent.

Down Taunt- Fools...

Mewtwo creates a fist, and draws it in wards slowly while calling his opposition what the title says above. As he does this, his eyes glow bright blue and a small vein bulges on his brow as he extends his power to the stage below, floating chunks of the stage about the size of pokeballs up and around him. As the taunt ends, they fall back into place, keeping the stage as-is.

Win Pose 1- Breaching Dimensions

Mewtwo teleports in and waves his hand at the screen as his eyes glow a fierce purple. The screen then shakes violently as the TV seems to malfunction as the image warps, and finally the "glass" seems to crack, revealing Mewtwo standing, arms crossed and floating slightly.

Win Pose 2- Levitation

The screen focuses on the opponent(s) being spun around mid-air in the pose they take when teetering on an edge. A blue aura is seen around them as the camera tilts down, revealing Mewtwo chuckling as he idly rotates his wrist, his hand glowing blue as he makes his foes orbit above him.

Win pose 3- Dark Pokeballs

Mewtwo teleports in to the opponent's surprise, along with a handful of his Dark Pokeballs. They then fly about after Mewtwo motions his hand forward and capture all the losing players. They then orbit Mewtwo as he smirks towards the screen.

Loss Pose- Humble Defeat

Mewtwo sticks around to clap for the adversary who managed to best him, but teleports away after a second or two, having more important things to attend to...

Standard Animations/ Special Animations

Mewtwo comes back with most of his unique animations from melee, such as his flying Dash and Walking up The ledge to get-up.

He brings some new ones in his defensive maneuvers, all having him Teleport briefly, making them probably the most tricky dodges in the game as the opponent has no idea where he could pop up.

His shield is also unique in that it is actually a small version of his Barrier ability used in his Nair. It has no effect on anything besides looking cool however, acting as a normal shield.

Alternate Colors- Alternate Costume

Kirby Hat

Kirby gains access to Telekinesis after swallowing Mewtwo, albeit a tad weaker than Mewtwo's version.

SNAKE'S CODEC:

SNAKE: Otocon, what is this thing?

OTOCON: I'm not sure Snake...it seems like a pokemon but, it isnt listed in any files. I think you are fighting some sort of unknown breed!

SNAKE: Great, we have no info on this guy? Well, from what I see he has some sort of Psychic powers, and he's strong. Psycho Mantis has nothing on him...

OTOCON: OK Snake, after some research it has some similar features to the ledgendary Pokemon Mew, I think he ma*static* ome sort of evolut *static.....*

~Bzzt~

SNAKE: Otocon?

after the codec goes inactive, Mewtwo's telepathic voice can be heard as he says "That's quite enough snooping, human" as the ! mark appears above Snake. He is then harmlessly knocked against the wall with a blue aura similar to confusion.

Vs LUCARIO- 70 / 30

Ah, I love the smell of poetic justice in the morning. Lucario is simply outmatched here as nearly all his advantages as a character are outright neutralized or surpassed by Mewtwo's. He is out-ranged (especially his Dair vs Mewtwo's Uair), out-prioritized, he loses a lot of potential from Aura sphere being TK-able, and that with Mewtwo's gimping prowess and Luc's lack-luster recovery his high % Aura Boost rarely comes into play.

Fortunately for the clone of the....clone Pokémon, he does have the saving grace of out-speeding Mewtwo. Granted he gets into Mewtwo's face, he can rack some nasty damage with his comboish Standard attacks and Fair. As an added plus, extreme speed can get out of levitation field a bit better than most moves, and Double team lasts forever inside it (lol, it has a use after all).

Overall, Lucario is simply outclassed in all the attributes that make him good here, sans his speed.

Vs META KNIGHT- 60 / 40

Well oh my god, he has a good MU vs MK, how broken, right? Wrong.

Like vs Lucario, Mewtwo shuts down MK a little by neutralizing two of his main advantages in any given MU: Range and Priority. Essentially any of Mewtwo's moves beat anything MK can dish out, even the tornado due to the Psionic damage or grab properties, making the once untouchable Top Tier quite tangible.

Now that it is established that Mewtwo can get around these advantages, how does he beat MK with such a slow attack speed? Simply put, MK's air speed of all things screws him over. A well placed Levitation field should be all it takes to take control of a MK player, seeing as your aerials (or Shadowball) all out prioritize and outrange his, alon with his horrid air movement essentially locking him in place should make this the ultimate torture for the cheap buggar.

It's not a cakewalk however, MK still can pull off his tricks on you such as Uair Locks and killing with Dsmash, or just comboing you in general. Gimping can also be an issue due to his insane recovery, he is one of the few characters that could survive an under-the-stage confusion. Try being creative with your stage-air teleport with him, it gives you a free barrier at least, and sets MK up to face either a Levitation field when he goes back to the stage, or a shawdow ball barrage as he tries to get to the ledge (no planking with TK around buddy)

In short, you actually have natural attributes that can trump and shutdown MK wherever and whenever, you just have to be smart on what you do with it, and avoiding being shut down yourself by his combos and you'll be sure to take him down a notch.

Vs POKÉMON TRAINER- 60 / 40

As usual, a PT Match-up is to be divided into 3 parts for each Pokémon:

Vs SQUIRTLE- 40 / 60

Squirtle is actually rather decent at getting around Mewtwo's advantages of Range and Priority just in the way he fights. His amazing Aerial movement and small size essentially allow him to weave around Mewtwo's bread and butter moves like Disable or Psionic Claws (even shadowballs) and hit Mewtwo up close where it hurts. These attributes also help him escape such things as a Teleport or a Levitation field much easier than most characters (Withdraw gives him a lot of SA in LF to boot).

In short, a good Squirtle will be able to dance around you, but you still have that edge in range and power, making it possible to swiftly turn the tables.

Vs IVYSAUR- 90 / 10

Poor Ivysaur, is everything Mewtwo craves for in an opponent: A horrid recovery, bad kill moves, horrendous air speed, and to top it off a projectile they rely on.

Ivysaur essentially has nothing to rely on in this fight. His claim to fame with spacing is all but rendered useless against Mewtwo's ranged abilities, and a simple nair off stage at nearly any % means almost instant death by edgegaurd.

A PT's best bet here is to just switch to Charizard before Mewtwo bullies the poor plant-starter to death.

Vs CHARIZARD- 55 / 45

Charizard is a bit of an odd match. He has great ground speed, a ranged attack you cannot abuse in Flamethrower, similar weight, bad air speed, but a great recovery. he seems to be a character that actually limits your options for a change in that he can counter a lot of your tricks just by being Charizard.

This is also what allows you to pull ahead in this match however. He is a big target, and thus prone to shadowballs, as well as moves like U and Fair, which can rack some decent damage. be wary of his own aerials however, they are faster and generally more powerful than your own, and he loves to juggle with utilt and uair.

What keeps you on top however is your amazing priority, along with Charizard's mostly jointed attacks, will plow through his moves, even Rock Smash due to the safe disjointedness of moves like Ftilt or a held Jab. It's a pretty interesting back and forth while playing, but if you space right and avoid Charizard's nasty Up-Close game, you should be fine.

Overall, the Pokémon Trainer is a thematically fun battle. Both Charizard and Squirtle put up a hell of a fight, but in the end Ivysaur drags down PT to a disadvantage vs Mewtwo by just having nothing to bring to the table. Bullet seed isn't even reliable due to Mewtwo's floaty nature. Just jump on the chance to kill Ivysaur in this match for a free stock. As far as the other two go, Charizard is prone to LF's due to his air speed and size. Try trapping him, then teleporting out to pelt him with Shadowballs for some free damage, then try a Utilt for the kill as anything but Rock Smash will be caught in it if timed right. Squirtle will be tough to land many hits on, but ironically for such an aerial character, going off-stage with him is the best bet. He has a lackluster recovery, so an Nair spaced right or a mid-air confusion should push him just far enough away to make an easy edgegaurd.

Vs YOSHI- 45 / 55

Yoshi is weird to fight. Like Charizard, he has natural attributes that counter many of your strong points, mainly his mobility and air speed allowing to get out of most of your traps, especially levitation field.

You may be tempted to TK his eggs, but thats honestly one of the worst things to do in this match. Yoshi is fast enough to run up and actually get in close to combo you if you catch an egg, as you are immobile while TKing it. He can also just toss another at you or the held egg to punish if he feels campy. Mainly for this he controls the match while on-stage. His air speed and arcing, safe eggs provide a means of actual approach or just punishment depending on if you feel like camping or rushing. You will need to play smart as long as you are grounded along with him.

However, that is only when you are grounded. Mewtwo happens to have aerials that actually punish Yoshi for going airborne, especially Dair. The trap effect of it will grab through his SA Double Jump, and eliminate it from play. Along with that, Nair can push Yoshi as he double jumps, making his recovery a nightmare vs a smart Mewtwo.

Unfortunately, thats about your only reliable finishing option in this match is to try and gimp him, albeit a good one. Just try and keep Yoshi airborne during the match to abuse his own floatiness with U and Fair, and maybe even the occasional Pyschobomb if he recovers from high. Dsmash can be used if recovering Low, just hit him while he double jumps, then point away froom the stage. Congradulations, he no longer has a second jump and is plummeting to death.

In the long run it will be a tug of war of sorts over positioning, but Yoshi has the speed and ironically range with Egg toss in order to be a pain for Mewtwo.

Vs SONIC- 40 / 60

This match is essentially the same as VS Squirtle...only Sonic doesn't switch to Ivysaur. Lets face it, Sonic is infinitely more mobile than you can be, and can bait you like nobody's business. Your epic priority isn't even a deterrent here for a good Sonic in that they are used to working around it, having some of the worst priority attacks around. You will want to somehow keep him from hitting you reliably with his quicker attacks. SH Fairs and Jabs should to the trick, as well as healthy uses of your teleport attacks to keep Sonic on edge and mess with his spacing.

Sonic adds insult to injury in having a great, hard to gimp recovery on top of his movement advantage. Spring should get him out of Levitation fields, and homing attack can have it's timing changed by Sonic to possibly even mindgame you as you try an aerial.

Sonic however has one Achilles heel in this match that doesn't make it too polarizing in his favor: KO potential. Mewtwo is a heavy guy, and Sonic has nearly no reliable kill moves, and he isn't going to gimp you as long as you have Teleport available. While he may be the one racking most of the damge if he plays you well, you should have the last laugh as he struggles to kill you as that Future sight counter ticks down...

Vs TAUROS- 75/ 25

Tauros is just begging to be gimped, so why don't you oblige him? It's not like you don't have plenty of ways to do it, what with three different teleportation moves and the longest ranged grab in the game.

Let's face it, Tauros has a generally predictable approach game. Bull Gore may have a few mindgames, but by the time he's charging it up you're either close enough to grab him out of it with Confusion, or you're far away and can pepper him with Shadow Balls. He'll never get off a chance to use Eye to Eye, and you can space him pretty easily. Not to mention that getting him into the air where he's weak is a simple procedure for Mewtwo.

Tauros's tail based aerials give him surprising range and speed in the air, so a Levitation Field could just as easily bite you in the butt as it could let you rack damage off of him. Really though, against Tauros you mainly just have to avoid letting him get near you and use your massively superior range to toss him like a ragdoll.

Not even the Smash Ball will save you. Tauros may have been a beast in Red Blue and Yellow, but you're up against the king.

Vs KING DEDEDE- 45 / 55

Mewtwo seems to have it made in this match-up. King Dedede is too slow on the ground or in the air to easily approach him, and can be easily tossed around with Confusion or other moves. Dedede players usually depend on opponents approaching, like you do, so you've got a significant advantage there.

Its not all roses and sunshine though. Dedede can infinite your floaty big heavy body with that Down Throw of his, as long as he can get close enough to you to do it. Further, Dedede loves your Levitation Fields. His Uair and Dair are even better suited for abuse in that space than your own moves are, and he can chain Bair after Bair into you. Factor in the fact that his long, fast grab allows him to reach past you when you use Future Sight, and that his heavy weight and fallspeed means that you'll have to get him to a ridiculously high percentage to KO with your Utlit, and you'll have a lot of trouble killing this guy.

The main advantage you have in this match is that Dedede has no approach against you, with Waddle Dee Toss shot by TK and his slow dash and air speed leaving him helpless to your long, high priority attacks. If you let him get near you, it's just about over, so play it safe as you can, and you'll all but shut him out. Until he grabs you, that is.

Vs MEWTWO- 50 / 50

It's a clone match! I guess you should have expected this, being a clone yourself though.

Anyways, against Mewtwo, you can instantly see that there is a serious problem. Neither of you can approach the other. Sure, if you feel like horsing around you can both toss out Shadow Balls and fight for mental control, but what does that gain you?

It's a contest of who has the sharpest nerves here. Trying to grab the other with Confusion before the other can, use Levitation Field first so you get the advantage the hitstun from the move provides, its a game of constantly jumping around the battlefield to try to outspeed the other. You've got balls if you're going to play a mirror match with Mewtwo. Serious balls.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
waayy overpowered lol

Hey does anybody know how to get rid of the pikmin?? and also does anybody know how to change each pikmin into it's own graphic effect??

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, that's an interesting (if not somewhat implausible) moveset. Looks good to me, except for one thing. How do we pull it off? :<

JOE!

Smash Hero
waayy overpowered lol

Hey does anybody know how to get rid of the pikmin?? and also does anybody know how to change each pikmin into it's own graphic effect??
tell me right now how he is overpowered, when Ganon's frame data compared to him is like shiek compared to ganon

and even then, this is ****ing MEWTWO, he is *the* quintessentail overpowered character :p

n64billy

Smash Ace
Ermm, wouldn't it be good to just bring his moveset from Melee back and fix the stuff Ninty did wrong? Instead of giving him all this fancy new randomly overpowered stuff....

Who cares if he owns in the movie, in Brawl, everything needs to be balenced out 'fair'.. So that no matter who you choose, you could have potential to be the best over anyone else...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ermm, wouldn't it be good to just bring his moveset from Melee back and fix the stuff Ninty did wrong? Instead of giving him all this fancy new randomly overpowered stuff....

Who cares if he owns in the movie, in Brawl, everything needs to be balenced out 'fair'.. So that no matter who you choose, you could have potential to be the best over anyone else...
his melee set blew big floppy donkey ****

why is he using physical attacks, when he is the most powerful psychic pokemon?

(that, and its really t OP...he has horrendous speed)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't feel so good when somebody calls your moveset overpowered does it?? lol :laugh: I like alot of the ideas but it seems like you could spam alot of the smashes and just win

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, unlike your sets, mewtwo doesnt sport uber-spam Lazers of death :p

his usmash freezes him in place for 3 seconds until it goes off...

MK can glide across Temple in that time...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I think if Mewtwo were to be given a new set:

- use Melee set as a base
-replace the stupid tail stuff with more darkness/psychic attacks to be more in-character.
- replace disable with something new, like a black hole move or something. Confusion can stay but should be buffed (make the reflected projectiles deal damage for one thing)
- buff/nerf old moves as necessary.

Personally, I wouldn't touch his throws. They were all fun to use, useful already, and perfectly in character. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Mewtwo get a whole moveset built around grab-moves to really drive home how well he can toss people around like a rag-doll.

...Also, I wouldn't say that JOE's moveset is broken per-se, just that his matchups would feel too lop-sided. Projectile oriented and slow character would be *****, fast characters would **** him. It would be like Dedede's MU issues but more extreme.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
ok... on the one hand good on the oder hand sad because i want try this great characters on my wii... at this time...
No, they still work properly in PAL even if it's an NTSC pac, it's just that the characters won't say anything or they'll use another character's sounds if they're in the match too.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Salamence Progress

I'm just starting working on Salamence's Side Special: Flamethrower, I will post screenshots of the attack because I want some feedback on how Entei's Fire Spin graphic effect looks on Salamence, whether it's too epic or just right :)

I finished PSAing Salamence's U-tilt: Dragon Roar, and I'm still working on the effects for the PSAs of his F-tilt: Dragon breath and his D-tilt: Twister

screenshots of the progress so far:

Top Bottom