• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
Where did you guys order it from? I ordered it from 365games.co.uk last Friday and got both Brawl and the freeloader on Tuesday. I didn't even expect it that soon.

Anyway, I need to ask a dumb question.
Where can you find your Brawl FC? I saw it the first time I went online, but now it doesn't show it anymore, and I have no idea where I can find it.
I ordered from play-asia, and yes i'm getting pretty annoyed by the fact i could've gotten it in 3 days from 365 games.

I've sent an email to them now regarding shipping times to the Netherlands and any possibilities about cancelling after an order has been shipped, but with my luck ill probably wont get a reply before next monday

Kone

Smash Master
Any brits lingering in this thread im going to start a online uk brawk tourney next week, registration will start monday. Anyone be interested?

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Any brits lingering in this thread im going to start a online uk brawk tourney next week, registration will start monday. Anyone be interested?
I may be even though I'm in Aussie.

Could you possibly try to find a time that suits Australians as well, but if not, I won't participate, unless absolutely possible.

Kone

Smash Master
Well ill get a thread up in the next day or so which will outline the tourney rules/format and then start the registration process. Once registration ends (tuesday i think)players will be divided into pools of 4. You will have 4 days to play and report your pool matches to myself. The top two of each pool will advance into a single elimination bracket where there will be a 24hr time limit for each round of matches.

Basically the tournament will probably start wednesday. However, please wait till I have an official thread up. The thread will be posted in the europe part of the regional section. I shall also link it here.

I woulve started registration this weekend but there is a large UK melee tournement occuring so its unfair on the players going to that.

The tournament will looked to be completely within 7/8 days. Not within the space of a day as to work around peoples committments and allow as many to participate as possible.

Questions? Interest?

ceddon@hotmail.com for people that want to chat there :)

ed

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I want in as well in the tourney. XD

(Now to pick Pikachu or Fox.... =O)

(Also it's going to be the first tourney I'll be in. XD)

Kone

Smash Master
Matches will be best of three. If you lose one game you get given the oppertunity to change char or choose the next stage.

Tho lag will interrupt how good a tourney this will be itll still be nice and somewhat competitive. Hopefull give you guys the lust to go to real tourneys lol.

Anyway, ill get a thread up tonight or in the morning and people can start registration. Registration wont end till tuesday though so please be patient and dont lose interest :)

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
I have a strange feeling Im gonna be eiminated on the first "pool" thing Oh and what are the rules such as how many stock and what stages?

Anyways Fox wanna practice XP?

Kone

Smash Master
Stages will be limited, least random stuff the better especially with any form of lag. Check out my TKI tourney thread for an idea of what the tourney rules will look like : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158843

stages be something like:

Stages

Random

Smallville
Yoshis Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick

Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

As i say limited for online and to prevent camping :)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm. this tournament sounds interesting.
Could be fun. Dunno if I'll go in for it though xP

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
I see dam n 3 stock I always end up commiting suicide like 2 times XP oh well... Otter/Toast/Fox wanna play online >=P

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Toast, you should totally enter. Your zelda/sheik is ****. D:

Kensei: I would mate but I'm about to go out for a night of drinking.

Even smash nerds have to get out some time. ^____^

But if it says I am online later, it'll be my mate Nozza. I left my wii at his. He plays a mean olimar/G&W.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Er since this is my first tourney (also online one) how would you prove you won/lost?

And second about the loser can pick stage thing, unless you have some way in contacting the other player how would it be done?

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
anyone up for a brawl against a swede? :D

heard that you Xtreme Starfox should be a good player, how about a match? ^^

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I'm not sure I'll join if there's a tourny. Not only would I loose hard, my Friend Roster is soon full, but it's enough space left for you who would join it I guess. But for future online tourneys, I would eventually have to erease some of you to make place for the other compaditors in other tourneys, but I would'nt feel good after that. But it surely would be good practice for me... I'll think about it.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
hi, i got the RROD this morning :( (but every so often my console works!)
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much the postage will be from UK to microsoft, or if I can send it withing the UK. Also, do microsoft refund you for postage, and i have a huge burn-looking-thing on the disc that was in, will they refund me for that?

Cheers
Chris

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
wi-fi matches
Good games there ^^
If you wonder why I didn't let you join when I started a new room after I left it was because I thought I would play a little against Andromeda, but then on second thought I decided to take a little break and eat something ;D

We may play more another day ;)

Dakis

Smash Rookie
Got it in 4 days (although the mail guy was dumb and left it on the community mail box, i'll kill him, seriously), you guys should contact them
I'm quite pleased with them, the game and the freeloader combined are cheaper than what the game will cost here, shipping included.

I ordered from play-asia, and yes i'm getting pretty annoyed by the fact i could've gotten it in 3 days from 365 games.

I've sent an email to them now regarding shipping times to the Netherlands and any possibilities about cancelling after an order has been shipped, but with my luck ill probably wont get a reply before next monday
Well, good luck. It shouldn't take that much longer now. Hopefully it's not lost, TNT actually managed to lose my 360, it was insured, but still... how do you lose something almost as huge as a refrigerator =/

Anyway, I finally figured out where my BC is lol. So, does anyone feel like adding someone?
I don't like the ''with anyone'' mode that much, it's very irritating when they add CPU players in an online match, you don't go online to play against CPU's.

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
I'm about to buy the freeloader/SSBB now, but something is stopping me. I'm not planning on buying Mario Kart Wii anytime soon, but when that comes out, will I be forced into a firmware update? :dizzy:

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
We don't know yet if mario kart packs an update, but Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn even has an update on it, but that's just the regular 3.2E update so there weren't any problems, I'm still doubting to get mario kart.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm. I'm in the middle of trying to find a secondary, but I can't find many characters I like playing as D:
ZSS seems to be gaining the secondary spot. I also like Lucas =S

Ah, choices T.T

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm. Don't think I'm all that good with Sheik.
I find her quite hard to control for some reason.
I may alternate mid-match between Zelda/Sheik. Although, in quite a lot of matches, switching to Sheik often hurts me more than helps me.

So confusing. lolz xD

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so i've got a question:

How can one avoid the fact that brawl can be only played B&W (vblack and white lol), how can I see if my TV supports NTSC? BEcause i'm afraid of the fact that I will have to play all b&w ...

If a TV is more new, does it have more chances to have NTSC-support? We have a samsung 36'', just bought inside half a year.

And does a RGB cable help if ur brawl is all b&w

Thanks for anwsers! Im getting brawl next week =)!

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
Try and stay a bit in touch with me Tinkerer for when you do get it, check the PM i send you last week or something:)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Ok, so i've got a question:

How can one avoid the fact that brawl can be only played B&W (vblack and white lol), how can I see if my TV supports NTSC? BEcause i'm afraid of the fact that I will have to play all b&w ...

If a TV is more new, does it have more chances to have NTSC-support? We have a samsung 36'', just bought inside half a year.

And does a RGB cable help if ur brawl is all b&w

Thanks for anwsers! Im getting brawl next week =)!
It will probably not be a problem on HD-TVs. I didn't have to make any configurations when I tried it on my moms brand new one. But it should probably be some configusations on the TV if it turns out to be all black and white. RGB-cable would only make it worse if you is forced to play in black and white as it only sends the red signal, and thus, your screen would turn all red instead of black and white.

Top Bottom