• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Toast I hate the ship too... You up smashed me then the ships catapult thing hit me after killed me at like 30%...

Oh and Jack is my friend Im trying to get him to join the forum,You think he is any good toast?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I noticed that Ken O.o
All I saw was you flying off the screen LOL. I wanted to do Zelda's waving taunt, but I was about to have Kirby's foot in my face xD

Yeah, he was quite good. Had to dodge Toon Link's D-air quite a bit though xP

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
yeah I know I told him to stop doing D-air too much because its too predictable and punishable but he didn't listen X__x

I want to test some new stuff but I got no one online I need to start addings americans =/

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yeah, the ending lag is too much to do it too often. It's alright in FFA's I suppose, because you're often pre-occupied with someone else, and you don't notice the sword pummeling down xP

What do you need to test
Think I might start working on ZSS soon.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Just need to test some basic things I learnt from playing against COMs I want to see if they work against humans xP

Toast can we play at 7pm?

R.O.B

Smash Rookie
Mario kart is coming out here on friday 11 anyone knows if the update gonna block my freeloader?and if yes if i boot it with the freeloader will the update affect it?

ps to sonic 23 add me i am gonna be online today!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Nobody knows if it'll block the Freeloader yet.
I don't plan on buying it, so I don't know either.

You guys better not leave Brawl online to go off to Kart around a track ;D

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
You should wait a few days before playing mario kart, just in case, wait for reports about the update and such

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Most of the people here will be up for adding you Einzelkind ^^
Just ask some people for Friend codes.

I'll add you.
My friend code is under my avatar =]

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I can't wait for Mario Kart Wii, if only Brawl had Mario kart Wii's online features it would of been much better for me.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Psst...

It was an April Fool's joke.
Psst..I know. I posted that it was an April Fools joke weeks ago O:

There's a tiny possibility that Nintendo could be packing a Freeloader killing update. Small chance, but we have to be careful.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
ahh sorry toast I just got back you going online any time soon? xP

Oh and Ill be playing mario kart quite a bit but if anyone wants a 1 vs 1 just pm or post here ( I don't really check pm's so posting here would be better)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
EDIT:

Different reports emerging.

This was issued by Play-Asia.com today...
We received the first small delivery today for testing and unfortunatelywe have to inform you, that the game is not compatible with the Datel Freeloader (US and PAL Version).

Reports are now saying that this game will stop the FreeLoader from permanently working on any Wii console once the Mario Kart Wii game disc has been put inside the console for the first time.

from ------> http://www.mariokartwii.com/showthread.php?t=3320

I don't know what's true guys.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
The freeloader ignores or Wii firmware updates doesn't it?
Some games require you to update.
Like Brawl.

MK sounds like it requires you to update.
If what they say is true, even the Freeloader can't stop the update blocking the Freeloader itself.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
This sounds a little silly to me though:
(negative) Rumors (-) and my comment (>).
- Freeloader gets blocked by an update on the game disc
> the most recent version is 3.2E, and if Nintendo doesn't release a new version, then they will provide 3.2E on the game disc

- one person from neogaf states that mario kart wii bricks his freeloader, but sometime later on he says that double swapping makes the game work without sound.
> if your freeloader gets bricked, it won't work, even a double swap won't

- play-asia states the freeloader cannot load mario kart wii
> This might be true, as mario kart can have a complete 3.2E or 3.2J firmware update, not a game specific update to run the game, so you can't load it with the freeloader

So I think that the freeloader might not be able to load an imported version of mario kart wii, but I think that a PAL wii can play mario kart wii (PAL) and that the game doesn't harm the freeloader at all. But of course we have to be careful and it might be better to wait for some more days for confirmation.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I'm going to be buying Mario kart Wii on the day it comes out though anyway... So I'm going to try doing it with out updating any thing it asks for using the freeloader double disk thing.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I got my Wii freeloader last friday.

I didn't know that to get Brawl to work you had to use the alternate method at first, and because it didn't work... well I almost cried.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Nice sig fox =P Have you finaly found your main?

P.S Pikachu is annoying as hell ... and seems to me like a newb character X__X...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Pikachu's down-smash/ Thunder are the only things that annoy me about him =P
I haven't tried Pikachu in Brawl,but he doesn't seem newb friendly :O

Hm. Think I may go on Wifi tonight. The first time in a little while xD

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
fox good games... you dont know how mad I get when Im against pika I tried to show you how annoying he is but you countered me with fox so I guess youll never know how much stress he brings...

Its gay I would be winning most of the time and you kill me with a spike I don't think Im gonna commit suicide when you do now cos Im losing too much =/. I like our fast paced falco vs fox matches though they were pretty fun .

The rest just got me stressed out X__x

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
lol I seem to play crap on stages that arnt like FD.

I seem to be scared of floating platforms =[...

Top Bottom