• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
also the ending of the tourney blew balls. im not a lone with this feeling i felt empty when it was done... everyone agrees shiz shoulda just played on the grand scale and taken it seriously rather than falcon dittos for grand finals.

oh yeah **** all you jiggs players, who i ***** or who ***** me.

Metà

Smash Master
I disagree about the finals, I found them to be extremely entertaining. Maybe in hindsight it was a little dumb, but who cares? In the moment it was fun, and I enjoyed watching it. Plus, they had to make up for the Puff ditto at the end of Pound 3.

Pound 3 can be viewed a little like the 'death of Melee' (although it never died, just drawing a correlation). The Jigglypuff ditto at the end foreshadowed Brawl's gameplay. The Falcon ditto between the two best players in the nation (and likely the world) was necessary to truly resuscitate Melee. Anyone disappointed in it is missing the big picture: Falcon is f*cking awesome.

nublet06

Smash Lord
also the ending of the tourney blew balls. im not a lone with this feeling i felt empty when it was done... everyone agrees shiz shoulda just played on the grand scale and taken it seriously rather than falcon dittos for grand finals.

oh yeah **** all you jiggs players, who i ***** or who ***** me.
i would imagine myself feeling empty if mango traveled to my coast and dominated all of my players for the first time in my face.

unfortunately that happens at every tournament so im used to it.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the ONLY surprise in the results is kage

now we can make mango won revival of melee jokes

it'll be a lot harder than the pound 3 jokes to say the least =(

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the hype for mango vs m2k happened earlier in winners bracket most likely - when they both cared and tried

people never care about smash finals everybody splits and everyone gets angry

lol

what's so shocking about azen getting 7th?

nublet06

Smash Lord
wtf are you talking about? :laugh: how do idiots talk **** that they have nothing to do with and is completely irrelevant.

all i was saying was grand finals was not taken serious and something hyped up as m2k vs mango it was disappointing.
it was only boring because there was no contest. when mew2king surrenders a 4 stock you know hes given up.

and if shiz would of played mango it would of been pretty much the same thing. im sure mango would of convincingly won.

unfortunately finals sets tend to be boring when one player is a lot better than everyone else.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I know Kage is the definitely the biggest shock, but when was the last time Azen entered a tourney? If he did recently and I am not aware then I apologize. I remember reading a post from Azen in this thread bashing the game, then he goes and gets top 10? It surprised me.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it was only boring because there was no contest. when mew2king surrenders a 4 stock you know hes given up.

and if shiz would of played mango it would of been pretty much the same thing. im sure mango would of convincingly won.

unfortunately finals sets tend to be boring when one player is a lot better than everyone else.
hahahahahahaha

dang it i need to move back to socal you guys are the best LOL

@ azen

its not like he had a dedicated practice regimine before...

he just "azen"s everyone and tends to do pretty well - its really not unlike the rest of his smash career lol

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
this tournament was amazing. congrats to top 5. It was a **** hard tournament. Also mango *****, get at our team combo ( i did a thunders combo then upsmashed jman and then mango rested him WOMBO COMBO)
I'll see everyone tomorrow.

nublet06

Smash Lord
this tournament was amazing. congrats to top 5. It was a **** hard tournament. Also mango *****, get at our team combo ( i did a thunders combo then upsmashed jman and then mango rested him WOMBO COMBO)
omfg connors house exploded when that combo happened.

those last 2 games in doubles grand finals were full of clutch moments like that.

hope everythign makes it on to youtube because that live feed was super choppy.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I just wanna know what everyone there thought the best match was?

I heard a lot of good things about Chu Mang0

I also wanna see the lava rest by Mang0 and some Kage ****.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL, I once foolishly put up 10 of my dollars for Kage's 1 slice of pizza. He agreed, and i thought "this noob is about to lose his pizza".

He ****ED me up round 1, and Plank luckily had us get off the tv, we instead did a more fair money match of 5 dollars later on.

I'm so glad I was saved from losing my ten bucks :/

Mango, tell me stories when you get back.

What happened to drephen/vidjo?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yo, real talk, if anyone says Mango carried Pc or Pc carried mango they need to shut the **** up. Two **** amazing players right here and P.C's Peach is too **** clutch. Those last matches were amazing and that combo made me horny.

Leacero

Smash Lord
straight up, the best match was me vs raynex. :)
Yo, I'm actually gonna have to agree. Those were exciting as heck.

Shout outs later, I'm pooped.

EDIT: wtf 5:30 am, die daylight savings, die.

REAL EDIT: wtf why did I write edit when I didn't even edit it? ok time to sleep.

Hax

Smash Champion
i was legitimately crying when i saw shiz do the laser laser usmash in round 4 vs m2k.. like actually crying yo. f*cking amazing

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Mango you're gonna get mobbed next time you come back to socal

You'll forever be able to look back on this and smile

****ing amazing

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah you played very well dude!

You should be proud.

Very good matches.

XD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
So from what I can tell M2K has Never been the best at melee. I don't quite understand how people are saying that he is or was, or that he has to be dethroned or anything like that.
Ken, when he played regularly and actually tried at this game was the only person that could ever claim to be best in the world.

After Ken stop playing Mango stepped up and won and could easily be called being best in the US as he beat all the US top players that still played and was never 'dethroned' as you all like to put it. He remained in his comfy chain (throne) and finally decided to travel a bit to this tourney and ***** everyone again to prove he was still the best in US.
i like how you ignored a good 3 years that took place in between the first and second paragraph. you know, the time when one or another east coast player was undeniably the best at the time. but w/e.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Taken from gamefaqs:

"mango beat mewtwoking at revival of melee" anagrams to
'Meek, warm, anti-women, vegetative goofball.'

Which I guess I could use to take a potshot at M2K, but won't.

I love gamefaqs
this is the best post ever

also, "mango won pound three" makes "tampon now roughened"

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I didn't expect to get all the way up to 7th lolllz Was fun watching all the old pros play, even if most were a bit rusty.

I got revenge on cort but kage got revenge on me XD i didn't get to play mango :(

ggz all!

P.S.: Brawl > Melee

K1T3

Smash Lord
i like how you ignored a good 3 years that took place in between the first and second paragraph. you know, the time when one or another east coast player was undeniably the best at the time. but w/e.
Care to explain?
Which EC player was ever undeniably the best?
PC won one tourney against Ken and Ken came back the next tourney.
M2K started to beat Ken at the time Ken stopped playing, but at the time KDJ could beat M2K fine as could Azen if I'm not mistaken.
KDJ beat Ken in around that time as well. Ken tried a little and beat KDJ at OC.
Ken then stopped leaving Cali due to not liking the game anymore from what I understand, and M2K started beating EC due to KDJ not really playing anymore and Azen not really caring enough to beat him though he was better from what it seemed based on M2Ks comments around that time.
Everyone then talked lots of **** about how Ken wasn't the best, so he practiced a little and left Cali and won Evo. M2K got completely destroyed and didn't place anywhere near the top and I think this is where he started to lose to Mango. As I said Mango came up around the time Ken stopped. Yeah Ken lost to Mango here too, but unlike M2K he just figured him out the first set then ***** the next set, whereas M2K loses the first set then loses worse the second.
This was Ken's last major tourney where he seemed to put forth any effort if I'm not mistaken and sure there may have been a few tourneys of a lull inbetween but then there was Pound 3 to wrap up melee prebrawl and well we all know what happened, Mango beat M2K again just as he had at Evo.

So since Mango started beating M2K at Evo while Ken could still prove to beast to an extent if he put forth effort to do so I think my argument stands that M2K could never be called the best.

If I got some stuff mixed up feel free to correct me.

zaf

Smash Lord
WOW kage

good ****, im proud of you warrior!!!

THIS IS THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE

THIS IS THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR!!!!!

and im not surprised kage got 5th at all, he was talking about revival of melee all week at work and saying how he was going to do amazing

he said what he was going to do, and he did it. people should recognize him as the best ganon easily now, he always places well in tournies now, including american ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom