• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I think characters with that status already glow with a slight tint of red already.

View attachment 23662

(Only image I had available)

Ridley always causes riots regardless of what he does. He's Ridley.

"Wait, you mean to tell me I could've been playable!? You *******, why didn't ya tell me!"

View attachment 23664

Just sayin'.
Now you made me read this

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah that's why I'm skeptical about it, also Mewtwo's portrait looks a bit off for me
Your skeptical about it because it's using a fan drawing?

That means it's fake

Also, why would they use a fan drawing? Don't we HAVE the Ness icon?

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I've now realized that Sakurai pays attention to the popularity polls for both Japan and the U.S. The top 3 spots for both polls were
1. Mewtwo
2. Mega Man
3. King K. Rool.
The 4 and 5 spots were Palutena and Shulk respectively in Japan and the 4 and 5 spots in the U.S. were Little Mac and Ridley respectively. So far, the big 3 are the only ones on the lists that haven't been confirmed.

I am almost 100% positive that they will all be included. Ridley and Mewtwo have been teased unbelievably and K. Rool has been teased very slightly. I just want to play as Ridley so damn bad and laugh in the faces of all the haters.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai specified that the Sablé Prince was an Assist Trophy on his Twitter account. He did indeed specify that Waluigi and Takamaru were Assist Trophies. Chrom was specifically stated to be part of Robin's Final Smash in an interview that took place a day later after Lucina and Robin's reveal.

How this relates to Ridley isn't clear, but Sakurai is very deliberate and direct with the information he shares.
He also clarified for Skull Kid on the POTD.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I've now realized that Sakurai pays attention to the popularity polls for both Japan and the U.S. The top 3 spots for both polls were
1. Mewtwo
2. Mega Man
3. King K. Rool.
The 4 and 5 spots were Palutena and Shulk respectively in Japan and the 4 and 5 spots in the U.S. were Little Mac and Ridley respectively. So far, the big 3 are the only ones on the lists that haven't been confirmed.

I am almost 100% positive that they will all be included. Ridley and Mewtwo have been teased unbelievably and K. Rool has been teased very slightly. I just want to play as Ridley so damn bad and laugh in the faces of all the haters.
Ridley has been teased, yes, and K. Rool....I wouldn't really call it teasing, but maybe in a way it was teasing. Mewtwo though? How was he teased?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ridley has been teased, yes, and K. Rool....I wouldn't really call it teasing, but maybe in a way it was teasing. Mewtwo though? How was he teased?
The Greninja trailer. Specifically, the changes to Greninja's hand models (removal of the webbing and the suction discs) that had everyone believing that he was Mewtwo.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
The Greninja trailer. Specifically, the changes to Greninja's hand models (removal of the webbing and the suction discs) that had everyone believing that he was Mewtwo.
Indeed, it was a real tease, because EVERYBODY was thinking about Mewtwo when they saw that, then it happened to be Greninja xDDD

Ridley is the big tease anyways, K.Rool is because the Kremlins in smash run and Mewtwo was that.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Warning Received
Yup, basically this. Also this is what my reaction was to everyone thinking Greninja was Mewtwo:

Warning Received
Did you forget the Greninja trailer? Greninja's silhouette looked a lot like Melee Mewtwo.

Look at the fingers, they look nothing like Greninja's fingers.

They look like Melee Mewtwo's:

Not to mention the silhouette made Greninja look grey.

Credit for this evidence goes to Speed: http://smashboards.com/members/speed.177994/

Last edited:

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I look at Ridley and I see things like the raised ribs and other skeletal imagery, the lashing spike tail, the shape of the back of his head, the bestial fighting style belying a cold, calculating nature (is it smarter to try to talk Samus the pirate hunter to death, or to ambush her like the boogeyman?), and the fact that he shares a name with Ridley Scott, and I don't see a dragon. I see a xenomorph with wings and laser breath. And dammit, I want to play as that thing.

Sorry for getting off topic there.

I truly believe that Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool have all been teased in some way. It's just funny because those are the hype 3. They're all still likely in my opinion.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Did you forget the Greninja trailer? Greninja's silhouette looked a lot like Melee Mewtwo.

Look at the fingers, they look nothing like Greninja's fingers.

They look like Melee Mewtwo's:

Not to mention the silhouette made Greninja look grey.
HEYYYY!!!! YOU STOLE MY CLAIM!!!!
...you could of at least credited me...
VVVVVVVVVVVV see this? MINE.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ah, thanks for clarifying, I totally forgot about.

I look at Ridley and I see things like the raised ribs and other skeletal imagery, the lashing spike tail, the shape of the back of his head, the bestial fighting style belying a cold, calculating nature (is it smarter to try to talk Samus the pirate hunter to death, or to ambush her like the boogeyman?), and the fact that he shares a name with Ridley Scott, and I don't see a dragon. I see a xenomorph with wings and laser breath. And dammit, I want to play as that thing.
Yeah, it's funny how little he actually has in common with dragons. He's almost like an....alien dragon.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think I'm the only one that firmly believes without barely of a shadow of a doubt that the Hype 3 are playable.
Ridley- you know the story
Mewtwo- Teased In Greninja trailer
K Rool- Sakurai loves pushing that darn Kremling enemy in Smash Run, showing off the trophy and in multiple smash run screenshots.

Overall I think Ridley has the highest chance, with Mewtwo at a close second and K Rool just barely behind them.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Ah, thanks for clarifying, I totally forgot about.

Yeah, it's funny how little he actually has in common with dragons. He's almost like an....alien dragon.
It's almost like they designed him that way! :D
Ok, I'll credit you.

Back to Ridley. Do you guys think we'll get one more newcomer video before the Japan release. It should be Ridley of course.
I should hope so, that would really be the largest, dare I say, biggest shovel full of coal to get the hype train going at full speed.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guy's, let's get back to Ridley.

Someone brought up Ridley using his Zair in different directions, but should it still be able to grapple ledges? As much as directional Zair sounds OP to me, being able to aim towards an edge with his tail could help his recovery and air game.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Everyone but me*. I think i posted that elsewhere already, but i knew the second i saw the shadow that it was Greninja. It was way too obvious for me. But having all of the big 3 in this game... That'D be a sight to be hold. Especially since it would mean Ridley is in the game X) (Sadly all of them would be fit for being playable bosses too...Please sakurai, please, NO. Although it would explain why we got no news boout any of them, because it would be most likely a Wii U only thing... And why "waste" PotD's on Wii-Smash related stuff when you can keep it until after the 3DS release? To keep the hype? Not thtat playable bosses would induce any hype...)
To elaborate, how could ANYONE mistake that for Mewtwo with that instant handsign? Am I seriously the only one who noticed Greninja did a "Naruto hand sign" (i know it didn't originate there, thats just why i think a ton of people should have noticed) in the actual X and Y games? So seeing the shadow make such a sign literally within the first second already revealed it was Greninja?... Sigh. Also the hand of mewtwo in Melee was messed up in the first place, Mewtwo actually has big bulbs as finger tips in the movie. Also, only THREE fingers. Not 4.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Everyone but me*. I think i posted that elsewhere already, but i knew the second i saw the shadow that it was Greninja. It was way too obvious for me. But having all of the big 3 in this game... That'D be a sight to be hold. Especially since it would mean Ridley is in the game X) (Sadly all of them would be fit for being playable bosses too...Please sakurai, please, NO. Although it would explain why we got no news boout any of them, because it would be most likely a Wii U only thing... And why "waste" PotD's on Wii-Smash related stuff when you can keep it until after the 3DS release? To keep the hype? Not thtat playable bosses would induce any hype...)
Oh, I knew it was instantly Greninja as well. But there were a lot of people fooled, and the model shift does give some support to that being a tease.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
there is a part of me that is hopeful of the 5 extra characters leak with Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa and the rest.. but what concerns me is that if it is true then why did the leaker leave out the best characters. WHY!?!? just to play with our hearts. :(

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I have a feeling we'd know about them being in beforehand (due to Japanese Release), but it'll still be nice to see I guess.
I have a feeling that they would withhold them for the Japanese release to hype us and then patch the japanese release to preserve the hypeness.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im seeing this

If ridley or/and mewtwo is not revealed ad playable this week and the next (as playable)

Unfortunately theres no denning it they are going to get trailers/reveals after the release.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Agreed. A hype 3 trailer would blow my mind! The 3 of them teaming up against the heroes would be awesome!
I'd just be in for it if Mewtwo had his Melee laugh, which still brings me chills to this day. And of course Ridley. He's a cool guy.

*Insert pic of Ridley smiling and giving a double thumbs up here*

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Guy's, let's get back to Ridley.

Someone brought up Ridley using his Zair in different directions, but should it still be able to grapple ledges? As much as directional Zair sounds OP to me, being able to aim towards an edge with his tail could help his recovery and air game.
Nope. I intended the Zair to be purely as an attack. Besides, it wouldn't click. Why would it solely grab onto ledges and not, say, the rest of the terrain? I guess other grapples also suffer from that occasionally depending on the map geometry and some stages tilting a bit (planes stuff).

Also, I think I haven't clarified this enough, but the tail is supposed to attack at a downward angle only. If you can hit it with your tail, you will probably reach the ledge anyway.

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
What if they reveal metal face from Xenoblade and ridley fighting it out like charazard and grininga

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
there is a part of me that is hopeful of the 5 extra characters leak with Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa and the rest.. but what concerns me is that if it is true then why did the leaker leave out the best characters. WHY!?!? just to play with our hearts. :(
he/she didn't have them unlock.Now Can someone tell how k rool has been teased.Everyone keeps saying that K rool is in the game becaused he's been teased like Rildey and mewtwo.Well i haven't seen anything besides Kermlings and that could just be a donkey kong enemy.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I did get ridley trophy in ssbb but i didn't read it or any other trophy that I did get there. There is more than 400 trophy there and I just collect them to complete the game 100%
So? I pointed out what his trophy description read and you complained about how I "made you read this", to which I responded sarcastically.

What if they reveal metal head from Xenoblade and ridley fighting it out like charazard and grininga
If Metal Face was playable, I would die happily.

As long as Ridley is also playable, of course.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
he/she didn't have them unlock.Now Can someone tell how k rool has been teased.Everyone keeps saying that K rool is in the game becaused he's been teased like Rildey and mewtwo.Well i haven't seen anything besides Kermlings and that could just be a donkey kong enemy.
Let's bring this to the K rool thread, this is the Ridley thread.

(I don't wanna get locked up like a Metroid)

Top Bottom