• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*gasp* Our leader has fallen! KOE! Regroup!
Not quite. More like the chances for a third Fire Emblem character.

Here is how a character selection screen that can hold 36 characters would likely be broken down:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3, Bowser
4. Peach
5. A Mario newcomer.
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong
8. Link
9. Zelda/Sheik
10. Ganondorf
11. A Zelda newcomer.
12. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
13. A Metroid newcomer.
14. Captain Falcon
15. Lucas
16. Yoshi
17. Kirby
18. Meta Knight
19. King Dedede
20. Fox
21. Second Star Fox character
22. Pikachu
23. Pokemon Trainer
24. Jigglypuff
25. Mewtwo
26. Ike
27. Marth
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. Wario
32. Snake
33. Sonic
34. The Random Icon (there were two in Melee, and there is one in Brawl demo character selection screen).
35. A character representing a new series (most likely Olimar or Ray).
36. A WTF final character, or a third character for either Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, or Star Fox, a Pokemon newcomer (likely Lucario), or another unrepresented series.

As you can see I am not doubting Roy in a 36 character selection screen, but rather the likihood of a third Fire Emblem character, of which Roy is one of the probable contenders.

If there's 50, I would like to see...

1-22. - the ones we know

23. Luigi
24. Bowser Jr.
25. Ganondorf
26. Tingle
27. Wind Waker Link
28. Jigglypuff
29. Mewtwo
30. Lucario
31. King K. Rool
32. King Dedede
33. Ridley
34. Krystal
35. Marth
36. Animal Crosser
37. Captain Falcon
38. Mr. Game & Watch
39. Barbara Bat
40. Captain Olimar
41. Will
42. Ray MK
43. Takamaru
44. Muddy Mole
45. Mike Jones
46. Bomberman
47. Lolo and Lala
48. Ayumi Tachibana
49. Mona
50. Can't pick between Eggplant Wizard and Eliwood.

courte

Smash Lord
wELL IT's Begun

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Pit
5. The IC
6. G&W
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Ganondorf
10. Pikachu
11. PT
12. JigglyPuff
13. Samus/ZSS
14. Ridley
15. A Hunter/Dark Samus
16. Kirby
17. MK
18. King DeDeDe
19. Fox
20. Lucas
21. Yoshi
22. Captain Falcon
23. Wario
24. Donkey Kong
25. Diddy Kong
26. Snake
27. Sonic
28. Luigi
29. Paper Mario
30. Bowser Jr.
31. Marth/Roy/Eliwood
32. Micaya
33. Ephraim (Never Give Up Hope!!)
34. Falco
35. Wolf
36. Krystal
37. WW Young Link
38. Vaati
39. Sheik
40. Ai of Animal Crossing
41. Takamaru
42. Lucario/Mewtwo
43. Ness
44. Claus
45. Ray MK
46. Captain Olimar

I would like to put in Poo, Megaman, Geno, Sshely and Captain Syrup... But this is what i expect/hope... :sad:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Say courte, where in world is Ike?

Anyways, rosters? I'm not too fond of that kind of stuff...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Say courte, where in world is Ike?

Anyways, rosters? I'm not too fond of that kind of stuff...
Yeah, a probable roster can't be created yet, in my opinion, until the real character selection screen gets unveiled. Also, this thread has become pretty inactive ever since my semester ended, hopefully, it will pick up again once Sakurai starts doing confirmations in the Dojo updates again.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have been recruiting some more Knights of Elibe for the past few days, already two more people have decided to join the Knights of Elibe. I am looking foward to their future contributions in this thread.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
wELL IT's Begun

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Pit
5. The IC
6. G&W
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Ganondorf
10. Pikachu
11. PT
12. JigglyPuff
13. Samus/ZSS
14. Ridley
15. A Hunter/Dark Samus
16. Kirby
17. MK
18. King DeDeDe
19. Fox
20. Lucas
21. Yoshi
22. Captain Falcon
23. Wario
24. Donkey Kong
25. Diddy Kong
26. Snake
27. Sonic
28. Luigi
29. Paper Mario
30. Bowser Jr.
31. Marth/Roy/Eliwood
32. Micaya
33. Ephraim (Never Give Up Hope!!)
34. Falco
35. Wolf
36. Krystal
37. WW Young Link
38. Vaati
39. Sheik
40. Ai of Animal Crossing
41. Takamaru
42. Lucario/Mewtwo
43. Ness
44. Claus
45. Ray MK
46. Captain Olimar

I would like to put in Poo, Megaman, Geno, Sshely and Captain Syrup... But this is what i expect/hope... :sad:
Paper Mario?
No.
No.
No.

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Movelist! (Special Moves and Final Smash, anyway :p)

B: Sealing Slash - This attack is chargeable. Roy raises his sword up, charging it up with flames. When unleashed, Roy will slash down at the ground, creating a terrain-hugging burst of fire forward. The speed, size, and power of the blast depends on how long you charged the sword. The chargeis saveable, and will be shown by The Sword of Seals covered in flames.

Smash B: Rabid Slash - Roy will perform three stationary slashes, stab forward while dashing through enemies, and finish with a wide, horizontal slice.

Down B: Counter - Same as in Melee.

Up B: Blazer - Roy performs two slashes upward, each one propelling him up. Roy will then perform a third and final slash, propelling him far up.

Final Smash: Scion - Roy's Sword of Seals goes on fire, and Roy throws his sword forward. The Sword of Seals will stay afloat, while spinning rapidly in place, creating a huge, fiery tornado. Ray will leap into the tornado, and grab his blade. Opponents who are sucked into the vortex will be damaged by the tornado itself while being repeatadly slashed by Roy, who is flying through the tornado, slashing madly at blinding speeds. Roy will then finish by leaping up out of the tornado, and throwing down his sword, creating a final explosion.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'll join, if you make a notation that I want Eliwood with similar stats to Roy, although different moves.
Here is the oath Knights of Elibe must take:
1. I am a player of Roy, and I very much enjoyed using him in Melee.
2. I support Roy's inclusion in Brawl as a playable character.
3. I also support Eliwood in Brawl, in the event, that he replaces Roy.
4. I promise to be partake in intelligent Roy For Brawl discussion.
5. I will not lash out in anger if Roy is deconfirmed.
6. I will not go into other threads to troll other Fire Emblem characters.
7. I will defend both Roy (and Eliwood) if there is unjustified flaming of him.
8. I will not engage in spamming (must I remind you what happened to the Ridley For Brawl Thread).
9. I will try to make the Roy for Brawl thread a better place.
10. I will respect and honor fellow Knights of Elibe.

You don't fulfill part 2 of the oath, however, I have let in people that said they would not support Eliwood, but made an exception since they agreed to every other part of the oath. If you agree to every other part of the oath, I will gladly let you join.

Oh, also Happy New Year to all the Knights of Elibe. In about three weeks we will find out whether Roy (or Eliwood) made the playable roster in Brawl, due to games being released in Hong Kong two days prior to their Japanese release.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Movelist! (Special Moves and Final Smash, anyway :p)

B: Sealing Slash - This attack is chargeable. Roy raises his sword up, charging it up with flames. When unleashed, Roy will slash down at the ground, creating a terrain-hugging burst of fire forward. The speed, size, and power of the blast depends on how long you charged the sword. The chargeis saveable, and will be shown by The Sword of Seals covered in flames.

Smash B: Rabid Slash - Roy will perform three stationary slashes, stab forward while dashing through enemies, and finish with a wide, horizontal slice.

Down B: Counter - Same as in Melee.

Up B: Blazer - Roy performs two slashes upward, each one propelling him up. Roy will then perform a third and final slash, propelling him far up.

Final Smash: Scion - Roy's Sword of Seals goes on fire, and Roy throws his sword forward. The Sword of Seals will stay afloat, while spinning rapidly in place, creating a huge, fiery tornado. Roy will leap into the tornado, and grab his blade. Opponents who are sucked into the vortex will be damaged by the tornado itself while being repeatadly slashed by Roy, who is flying through the tornado, slashing madly at blinding speeds. Roy will then finish by leaping up out of the tornado, and throwing down his sword, creating a final explosion.
Smash Forward reminds me of MetaKnight's, if we switch it for Roy's ranged attack, it's perfect.

Happy new year to all Knights of Elibe!

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm playing an english version of FE6. Obviously my means of getting it are questionable. Roy seems to be a Lord with decent attack (mine is like 14 at 20/0). He has good skill as well, also decent speed. If they could give him that plus his own moveset he could be good.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Heh, I had a dream yesterday that I was Roy, no kidding. Well, it was actually funny, because I was actually in a battle but I could not kill anything. Then I though to myself, if I am Roy and I can't kill squat, then that means I did not get promoted yet. I go to check to see that I have the Sword of Seals, but then I see that I am using a plastic sword. Upon realization of this, I run from half a dozen enemies to meet up with my allies in order to get a real sword. I run for quite a while, I think I must have been the only non-enemy in the battle, until I finally come across some other party member, who then ask me why I am using a plastic sword in the middle of a war. I then say to them give me a real sword, I am handed one, and then we go to explore some ancient temples or tombs or something, and that's where it ends. Maybe I should stay away from Fire Emblem for a while. :laugh:

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I had a dream yesterday that I was Roy, no kidding. Well, it was actually funny, because I was actually in a battle but I could not kill anything. Then I though to myself, if I am Roy and I can't kill squat, then that means I did not get promoted yet. I go to check to see that I have the Sword of Seals, but then I see that I am using a plastic sword. Upon realization of this, I run from half a dozen enemies to meet up with my allies in order to get a real sword. I run for quite a while, I think I must have been the only non-enemy in the battle, until I finally come across some other party member, who then ask me why I am using a plastic sword in the middle of a war. I then say to them give me a real sword, I am handed one, and then we go to explore some ancient temples or tombs or something, and that's where it ends. Maybe I should stay away from Fire Emblem for a while. :laugh:
Lol thats cool. At least you didn't play Radiant Dawn on 2 playthroughs. Also, i'll support Roy.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol that was ur christmas gift :)

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm playing an english version of FE6. Obviously my means of getting it are questionable. Roy seems to be a Lord with decent attack (mine is like 14 at 20/0). He has good skill as well, also decent speed. If they could give him that plus his own moveset he could be good.
His only bad stats are Resistance and Defense and the Sword of Seals boosts both of those by 5 to a healthy 21. He pretty much caps Skill, Speed, and Luck(only gets 29 out of 30 on average though). And he gets 52 HP and 22 Strength, only 3 away from maxing, on average. This is all at 20/20.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I used Roy as my main in Melee,(Marth was my other main.)

Roy deserves a spot as a PC in SSBB; sure, he might've been a clone in Melee, but that was because of time constraints, not because they couldn't think of any moves for him. It wouldn't be that hard, and TamHammerz has some very good ideas for him moveset wise.

I hope Roy and Marth make it as PC, but they must play diffrent. I hope Roy is a LITTLE slower, but more powerful. I also hope they fix his ^b attack, and it's not nearly as good as Marth's imo. Finally, make his throws a little stronger, they don't do enough unless you do a ^ throw, the > throws don't do much damage.

We need three FE reps imo, especially since it's a very popular, and interesting series. Ike and Marth simply aren't enough( but Eliwood could fit if it's not possible to fit Roy in there.)

So yep, i support Roy, as i do this thread. Hope he makes it!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Apparently, according to people who attended Jumpfest, besides the latin Fire Emblem theme, a track called "Bern Superpower" plays in Castle Siege. Bern is the antagonistic nation in Roy's game. Does anyone have a link to what this track sounds like, and does it also play in FE7 (another game that features Bern)?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Wow, I had never before come to this thread, but I like! Im starting to hope Roy comes back too, I also preferred his style over Marth's...

When SamuraiPanda's translations first surfaced and we learned that not all characters would return, I think I was one of the few who didnt think of Roy heh. I only thought of Pichu, Doc, and Young Link, because those are mere alternate forms of an existing character. Roy being his own person was enough reason for me to expect his return.

But then all Roy supporters were stomped soon after, and not since the summer of 06 did I ever feel like Roy should make a return, but now my mind has been reset. Great thread!

Anihawk

Smash Rookie
http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/fire-emblem-fuuin-no-tsurugi-original-soundtrack/kxadnyqhjo/22.mp3

This song is called "The King of Bern" which is probably the translation for "Bern Superpower."

edit: There is actually a second song that is a more likely candidate called "Kingdom of Bern". I can't find a link for the song but it plays in FE7 during the story sequences involving Prince Zephiel and his struggle for ascension to the throne.

edit2: Found a link. http://www.feplanet.net/index.php?fep=music&id=2 You can hear it when you play track 62.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow, I had never before come to this thread, but I like! Im starting to hope Roy comes back too, I also preferred his style over Marth's...

When SamuraiPanda's translations first surfaced and we learned that not all characters would return, I think I was one of the few who didnt think of Roy heh. I only thought of Pichu, Doc, and Young Link, because those are mere alternate forms of an existing character. Roy being his own person was enough reason for me to expect his return.

But then all Roy supporters were stomped soon after, and not since the summer of 06 did I ever feel like Roy should make a return, but now my mind has been reset. Great thread!
It warms my heart to see that you had a change of heart about Roy after viewing this thread. Thank you. :)

Also, to all the Knights of Elibe who have not voted yet, please be sure to vote for me in the Most Intelligent category in the forum awards. Remember voting ends tomorrow at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
some moves for roy i made up
b Roy basicly throws a fireball off his sword causing about 7-10% damage, it can be charged to a huge fireball that can cause up to 25% dmg. you cannot keep the charge though

forward b roy can make a four slash that can be changed by the direction ur pointing (like the ded) but this time if he reaches the last hit of it he can continue doing that last hit over and over again but it is slow to hit with it again after the first time and it can be used to edgeguard

down b a ball of flame apears around roy and can be used as a counter. if it is hit, it explodes causing 1.5 dmg back like he did in melee. also the harder the hit, the bigger the explosion so roy can hit many oponements if he is hit hard it also has very little lag

up b roy makes a vertical slash under him and a small explosion happens under him causing roy to rise up, it also can spike the oponement under

A Roy makes a kick going up and if pressed again roy will make a kick going down it has very litle knockback

forward smash same as in melee cant think of something else

down smash roy hits sword of seals on the ground once making a small earthquake (like dk does) but harder and faster which sends oponements up

up smash roy makes 2 slashes over him over him and finishes with the move he did in melee

fair same as in melee

bair roy makes a horisontal slash behind him

dair roy makes a stab under him which can spike

uair same as in melee

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Say, ChronoBound, how is this thing of the FE6 music confirmed?

Anyways, I think it can be referred with either FE6/FE7 thing. But it's more likely FE6.

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Smash Forward reminds me of MetaKnight's, if we switch it for Roy's ranged attack, it's perfect.

Happy new year to all Knights of Elibe!
How so? It sounds the closest to Drill Rush, and even that's nowhere close to my Rabid Slash o_O

Anihawk

Smash Rookie
The song Bern Superpower, is in FE7. It's "The Kingdom of Bern" in the sound room.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Do you think you could add me?
Yeah, I would gladly accept you into the Knights of Elibe, however, you must first agree to the Oath described in the opening post.

Also, to all the Knights of Elibe and Roy fans who have not voted for me yet, I was nominated for Most Intelligent user in the Forum Awards, however, I desperately need your vote in order to win in that category, a link to the voting booth is in my signature. Remember, voting ends today at 11:59 P.M. EST.

courte

Smash Lord
swordsmen have oddly enough been known to punch, kick, and do other things such as attack with a sheath. It helps i hear, in fights which equate to helping char inclusion

Anihawk

Smash Rookie
Same in FE6.

Wonder if the song actually do means something...
From what I understand, it's actually King of Bern in FE6 and those are two different songs. At least that's what my soundtrack says. I think Bern Superpower most literally translates to Kingdom of Bern so my bet is on FE7.

I don't think it means anything except that Sakurai thought the song would be good for Brawl in light of the Tunnel X music update. Hopefully it leads to Roy or Eliwood in Brawl though.

Top Bottom