• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Royal Theater - King Dedede Video Thread

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Regarding the "spam" debate , i don't see a problem if "spamming" one skill made you win, that means your rival is not able to counter this basic strategy and hence not worth of winning the game.
PD: ops Doble post.
I can respect that. But for real, your main strategy against that Sonic was to stay in the air, right?

Last edited:

Cook

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I didn't say it but I'd like feedback other than don't regrab the ledge and don't sd, lol.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I had the privilege of ending this match with the most dededisgusting disrespect I could manage:

My Dedede is rusty due to lack of practice, but I still bring him around from time to time online.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Hi guys, it's me back again. This time im here to share the Grand finals of the tourney i previously shared some matches ( against Sonic and Estela ). It's no wonder that the final rival is.. Sheik .

:4dedede:vs:4sheik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYjlhRCvH0U

Love watching your sets man. You're an amazing D3 player for sure. Loved Gordo set up for edge guard into bair for KO against the Rosalina lol

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Last edited:

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
:4dedede:Made one of my first montages starring the King.

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
vs. Dedede

vs. Sheik Grand finals, set 1, game 4.
vs. Fox Grand finals, set 2, game 1.

vs. Kirby Grand finals, set 2, game 3.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide for me, I really appreciate it! Dedede is not my strongest character, but I'm looking to improve with him, so I'd really like some feedback from D3 mains.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Thanks for any feedback you can provide for me, I really appreciate it! Dedede is not my strongest character, but I'm looking to improve with him, so I'd really like some feedback from D3 mains.
I'm something of a self-proclaimed expert on the Sheik match-up. I manage to take down a lot of very good Sheiks in my area. You did great covering that Sheik's options with Gordo. Because Sheik's hitboxes are so quick, it's hard for her to consistently deflect them, or at least she struggles more than most. HOWEVER, better Sheiks will be able to deflect Gordo far more often (just like any other better player.) I wouldn't rely on them as much as you did in that match. As for her combos, DIing down is the best option. Fastfall if you can. Her bread and butter doesn't work nearly as well once Dedede has passed the 60% mark. This includes the Bouncing Fish combo. If she can't land Bouncing Fish, she's going to struggle very much. Also, don't for get about your late nair combos. Nair is, in my opinion, our best combo option. The initial hit can combo into itself fair, bair, upair, itself (if you're quick,) and more. The late hit can combo into ftilt, up tilt (my favorite,) dtilt, grab, jab, and so much more. Dedede's first jump is deceptively quick and high, so be sure to use that advantage when chasing combos. The first jump can also be good for rejecting high recoveries. I hope I was useful. May His Majesty reign forever! :4dedede:

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
I'm something of a self-proclaimed expert on the Sheik match-up. I manage to take down a lot of very good Sheiks in my area. You did great covering that Sheik's options with Gordo. Because Sheik's hitboxes are so quick, it's hard for her to consistently deflect them, or at least she struggles more than most. HOWEVER, better Sheiks will be able to deflect Gordo far more often (just like any other better player.) I wouldn't rely on them as much as you did in that match. As for her combos, DIing down is the best option. Fastfall if you can. Her bread and butter doesn't work nearly as well once Dedede has passed the 60% mark. This includes the Bouncing Fish combo. If she can't land Bouncing Fish, she's going to struggle very much. Also, don't for get about your late nair combos. Nair is, in my opinion, our best combo option. The initial hit can combo into itself fair, bair, upair, itself (if you're quick,) and more. The late hit can combo into ftilt, up tilt (my favorite,) dtilt, grab, jab, and so much more. Dedede's first jump is deceptively quick and high, so be sure to use that advantage when chasing combos. The first jump can also be good for rejecting high recoveries. I hope I was useful. May His Majesty reign forever! :4dedede:
Thanks so much for the response! I was not aware Dedede's nair comboed into so much in the air! I knew about the late hit into up tilt, not sure why I wasn't using it that day, I guess I don't have it nailed into my head yet.

I definitely see what you're saying about Sheik with the gordos, the guy I was playing doesn't main Sheik, I think he just thought "D3? That'll be free for Sheik!" I think knowing that made me more comfortable putting gordos out. I recently downed Utah's best Sheik with D3 as well, I'm finding I like D3 against Sheik and I'm not sure why. I'm glad you could provide some insight to the matchup, I'll definitely work on DIing downward as well!

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Fellow proponents of His Majesty's Highest Court, I present to you the destruction of the most terrible Zero Clothes Seamas. The tyrannt's ultimate folly came to be her own bread and butter, the Boost Kick, turned rogue by His Majesty's own breath. Witness the wraith of The King and be filled with righteous awe.
I gimped a good ZZS using the windbox of Inhale to pull her Boost Kick away from the ledge. She went into freefall and died. It was disrespectful af. Take a look:
https://youtu.be/M_UK_sqcBoc

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhDJ7CmXFwo

A match of myself Gunblade :4dedede: vs Rockin :4metaknight: at Nebulous Prime 1.

I show a bunch of my Gordo ideas in this. I am always fully prepared for them to be hit back at me. None of what I am about to say in really in this video but I do a lot of oos punishes, mostly grab and f-tilt but it depends on the situation, when gordo is hit back and touches my shield. I often throw them so they purposely get hit so I can punish people for swinging. When they notice they are getting punished for hitting them back, I start to set up even more powerful situations for myself. I will try to find another video of myself implementing these tactics. I feel as if I am one of the best DDD players out there. I got some good results in one of the hardest regions, NY/NJ. I usually commentate but when I enter I try my best to do work with the bug guy.

Credit to Ninjalink for the recording.

Oh yeah......SCREW LYLAT!!!!!

Last edited:

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
yeah there's a positive correlation of gunblade making a statement and then it being wrong
I have results to prove my claim. lol. nothing wrong about what I stated. All I said is I feel I am one of the best. You are an old player living on former glory thinking you matter because you have history, and ill give you all the credit you deserve for what you have done but this isnt 2010, do something relevant in 2015 and then you can talk to me. I play the game part time, dont own a system, and focus on commentary. If you are that dude then pick up the sticks and prove it instead of coming at me. I will be more than happy to recognize feats that arent like 5 years old.

CO18

Smash Hero
I have results to prove my claim. lol. nothing wrong about what I stated. All I said is I feel I am one of the best. You are an old player living on former glory thinking you matter because you have history, and ill give you all the credit you deserve for what you have done but this isnt 2010, do something relevant in 2015 and then you can talk to me. I play the game part time, dont own a system, and focus on commentary. If you are that dude then pick up the sticks and prove it instead of coming at me. I will be more than happy to recognize feats that arent like 5 years old.
Rofl, my post was a joke lmao. Actually think it was a solid set. I don't disagree that you are one of the best. And I've never even once brought up me thinking im the best/one of the best in this game lol, though I actually do believe I am the best since I've been labbing recently, but considering Im not really planning on going to many tourneys until I move to LA, i haven't mentioned it.

Cook

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhDJ7CmXFwo

A match of myself Gunblade :4dedede: vs Rockin :4metaknight: at Nebulous Prime 1.

I show a bunch of my Gordo ideas in this. I am always fully prepared for them to be hit back at me. None of what I am about to say in really in this video but I do a lot of oos punishes, mostly grab and f-tilt but it depends on the situation, when gordo is hit back and touches my shield. I often throw them so they purposely get hit so I can punish people for swinging. When they notice they are getting punished for hitting them back, I start to set up even more powerful situations for myself. I will try to find another video of myself implementing these tactics. I feel as if I am one of the best DDD players out there. I got some good results in one of the hardest regions, NY/NJ. I usually commentate but when I enter I try my best to do work with the bug guy.

Credit to Ninjalink for the recording.

Oh yeah......SCREW LYLAT!!!!!
Not gonna lie, that MK was ass. Wish I'd saved the replays of me vs Fye last weekend.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Rofl, my post was a joke lmao. Actually think it was a solid set. I don't disagree that you are one of the best. And I've never even once brought up me thinking im the best/one of the best in this game lol, though I actually do believe I am the best since I've been labbing recently, but considering Im not really planning on going to many tourneys until I move to LA, i haven't mentioned it.
My bad for getting it twisted. What you said was pretty straight forward tho so I couldnt tell.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
i haz moar ddd vlidos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zpcy0C6LN0
This is my second match against this same Roy. He was not happy to lose to a Dedede. He used the entire waiting time in the lobby to change his color scheme to the angst-filled variation. He was hella salty. I could feel it through the change in his play style: more aggressive, more reckless. I, of course, had to egg him on: notice the dance mid-second stock. The final KO was great too given he was taking the match so seriously. If you play Dedede, you must include a certain level of goofballery.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Dude that set versus Sonic was amazing. That mix-up where you dropped off the ledge at the end so you could catch him trying to dsmash your second ledge snap at the end was just brilliant.

Top Bottom