• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lol RGV thinks I'm the reason their thread got moved to this section and there post counts are gone. Idk why they chose me to blame but THEY HATE MY GUTS.

Can't wait to house them for a weekend :3

Sonic_King

Smash Apprentice
dam i wanna go to austin. My buddy is goin there and he expect me to show up and brawl him for second best sonic in texas.... =( anyone willin to take lil ol me to the tourney?

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
I just saw the Project M trailer Kyle posted up on FB.

Wave-dashing Snake? My dream has come true. :crazy: Tech skill FTW!!!

inb4 There-is-already-a-mod-out-there-like-that-or-whatever. I don't know anything about Brawl +/-.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
dam... yep im stuck here in SA alone... :(
Sounds like a personal problem to me.

@Boss, it most likely will be like Brawl+ where there are tourny's but no one is going to really enter them.

@Pyle, and duct tape. Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape Duct tape

@Nike, I do remember you saying that you hated them and you wanted to mess with their ****. So mean.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So I'm considering the following plans for the next few coming months:

Bubblefights was a great success, and I'm planning on keeping it to Fridays once or twice a month, and just have casuals from 5 pm to 10 pm.

I want to start a series of ranbats at Gigabites and Java. It's a LAN center by SAC that also sells some really awesome sandwiches. It's a small space, but it'll do for local tourneys.

The ranking battles, or ranbats for short, would let players earn points based on their placing, which would be used for seeding in future San Antonio tournaments, and when the series would end in January, the highest ranking players would earn a top seed in a TBA January Major as well as a cash prize.

So here's what I want to know:

1) Fridays or Saturdays?

2) Weekly or Biweekly? (would be canceled or moved when big events take place)

3) Double or single elimination? The price would be cheaper for singe elim and the tournament would run much faster.

4) How much should the entry be? I'm speculating between $5 and $10. Half the pot would be awarded that night to the top 2 players, and the rest would be stored for the prize at the end of the series.

(And keep in mind Giga isn't even concerned about a venue fee, so just be cool and buy lots of snacks and sandwiches when you are there.)

Please take the time to give me your input.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
So, what are bubblefights?

also, I've been eying gigabites and java for a while, have been meaning to check it out, also, trying their big daddy sub

no venue fee is pretty nice, makes the entry fee at either price pretty decent.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
That's sounds pretty cool.

But one thing I remember people telling me, never mess with the money in the pot. But since you're telling us now, I am not sure how people would feel about it. I am fine with all of it.

@KoN, I was going to post that comic.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Bubblefights was a great success, and I'm planning on keeping it to Fridays once or twice a month, and just have casuals from 5 pm to 10 pm.

Idk what this is, could it be explained?

I want to start a series of ranbats at Gigabites and Java. It's a LAN center by SAC that also sells some really awesome sandwiches. It's a small space, but it'll do for local tourneys.

The ranking battles, or ranbats for short, would let players earn points based on their placing, which would be used for seeding in future San Antonio tournaments, and when the series would end in January, the highest ranking players would earn a top seed in a TBA January Major as well as a cash prize.

So here's what I want to know:

1) Fridays or Saturdays?

2) Weekly or Biweekly? (would be canceled or moved when big events take place)

3) Double or single elimination? The price would be cheaper for singe elim and the tournament would run much faster.

4) How much should the entry be? I'm speculating between $5 and $10. Half the pot would be awarded that night to the top 2 players, and the rest would be stored for the prize at the end of the series.

(And keep in mind Giga isn't even concerned about a venue fee, so just be cool and buy lots of snacks and sandwiches when you are there.)

Please take the time to give me your input.
1) The fall semester I won't be havng classes on fridays, so I can do with either. Guess it's better to let the ppl it affects vote.

2) This is the one that I think matters most. I believe it should be scheduled around HOBO's and Phase's. If this is as legit as you make it out to be (like the Glory days of Gamelot monthlies) then I doubt any of us will be wanting to have tournies at our houses when it starts (although Nikefest3 will still be happening).

3) Double elimination. You could always cap it at 16, 24, or 32. I vote only for single if alot more than 32 ppl show up.

4) If only top2 players would be getting prize money then $5 entry fee. If it runs under the usual format of top3-4 then $10.

Kyle, I must say, your post ****in *****. I am EXTREMELY excited about about biweeklys or monthlies again and our community won't have to brainstorm every other day on what to do.

I do have 2 questions though:

- Would people be allowed to bring tv's? I pray that they don't use plasmas or projectors only.

- Would other fighters be included at every event (would smash be sharing with 3-4 other games at once?)

I AM HYPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom