• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If it's going to be a 5v5:

- Espy
- K Prime
- Morningstar
- Nike

The last spot is just one hell of a hassle. I still don't know who to add in. Either way, it's between Turbo, Castro, KoN, and Pyledriver.

We need a way to choose one of them. The other two would then be substitutes in case any of the other four are unable to make it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm open to suggestions as to who should be included.
I think a Round Robin between these four is a decent idea. Any other ideas?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Suspect doesn't play.

Completely forgot about Santi. That works out fine.
But if he doesn't go?

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Well just from what the tounry's and money matches look like I would suggest the 5th spot going to SonicX. Since the other two who supposed to be before him are not going. With KoN as a sub and Castro/Pyle duking it out.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Oh wow, I just got done reading everyone's responses to my post. Glad to see I got everyone's attention.

Here I am again to clear some stuff up.

Bubblefights

First off, Bubblefights was a casual event I did at Bubblehead (1035 S Presa St) Friday last week. It's a bubble tea/hooka place in Southtown that is really chill. We had two Super Street Fighter IV setups running from 6 to 10 pm. Everyone ordered lots of bubble tea (the drinks are amazing btw) and the owner is really awesome. There was no venue fee or cover and we played casuals until closing at 10 pm.

Bubblefights is a casual friday gathering with a few setups and the perk of good drinks and food (they serve pork buns and other snacks). There's no age limit, all ages are welcome. However, the place is small. Two setups is the only adequte thing to do inside, and there is a patio that would support another two, but we all know Texas heat sucks. It'll be viable in the cooler months.

While the SF community will have no problems traveling near downtown (if you have ever been to First Friday or the King Williams district/Southtown then that should give you an idea of where it is) Ya'll may perfer Nike's house. Then again Gigabites ain't that far from there, so you guys may not mind the drive as much as I may think.

Ranbats at Gigabites and Java

As explained before, the ranbats would be designed to be quick, cheap, and raise funds for the TBA January Major.

Also, someone, Nike I think, asked if Smash would have to share space with other games. Gigabites is small. We're talking similar to the closet at Gamelot. So I am NOT doing multiple games in the same room on the same day. If anything, I would rotate Brawl ranbats with SSF4/Tekken ranbats on different Saturdays. And if that's the case, then biweekly is a must so I can alternate Saturdays. I'm so gonna need extra TO's for this stuff, so fill out an application lol.

Also, setups would still be needed (they only have monitors and Xbox's), but JUJ or Nike can pretty much provide all the TVs that is needed for the space we have (4 comfortably, 6/7 tops). As long as these tourneys are kept at the local level (Austin or Valley may be allowed, but this is pretty much meant for SA peeps only), the space will work.

The TBA January Major:

It shouldn't be a huge surprise... it's Revolucion 2/Final Smash IX. We are teaming with Epikon (a first year con on the scale of San Japan), and they will hopefully be finalizing their contract with the Airport Hilton today or tomorrow. Once that's done, everything will be laid out from now until January 8th, 2011.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
@Espy Lol, if you can't take out a Sally, then it sounds like a personal problem to me.

I, personally, never had a problem with them at all. Garchomp was a different story. Don't even compare the two. Dragonite is straight garbage. Flygon > Dragonite any day.

Good luck to those in the crew battle. Hope you guys don't lose too hard. Santi should be the 5th member because he seems worlds better than SpeedX.

Lolz @ Espy on Greyfox status.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Because of its resistance to SR, its versatility, and U-turn's amazing scouting purposes.

Why don't we MM Pokemon for $20. You use a Sally and I'll use a Flygon in my team. Hell, if you got bigger balls, use a dumb-*** Dragonite!!!

Prove it's better.

EDIT: @Paw Why not? It has plenty of skill, mindgames, and variety that Brawl provides. Who cares if it isn't as popular. It's ****ing Pokemon!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Hey guys, go troll Broly into making sure he goes to Austin. That means ALL of you will get to crew battle and fight over spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom