• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if san antonio was closer, i'd be all for it.

also, xilobro, if you go to one of those, it'd be very difficult for me to miss it.

Mr.C

Smash Master
any of you fellas play d2lod us east and by any chance have a free enigma to give away? <3<3

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
oh my god, mikey.
that's like three years from now!

when is the next biweekly smashfestthing in austin? this saturday? next saturday?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mikey, i never check smashboards and i never get on aim... so i thought i'd let you know that i quit smash until next time i play you. after we play, i will quit again until the next time we play. and so on and so forth

tl;dr
i'll only play xilopryce from now on.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
haha, well, what about robert?I can't be your only smash intake

in unrelated news, me and SOS are going to plan a smashfest on the 26th, anyone who's interested should let me know. I'll make a thread, but I'm too lazy right now

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
robert is only into melee when i am and playing only him for hours every day isn't enough for me to keep playing.

tournaments are too far away and i'm in no situation to care about anything but work right now.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
there a lot of ssf4 tournaments around s.a?
I wanna play sum ssf4 *****s!!

edit: wow, you can't even type n!gga. whytf would that be censored?
you're on the wrong website to be asking this question lol.

Try this:

http://shoryuken.com/f25/southwest-...zer-discussion-thread-updated-09-08-a-183678/

And there's a tournament coming up this Saturday in SA....

http://shoryuken.com/f7/ranbat-bi-w...ava-san-antonio-tx-august-28th-2010-a-245719/

And JF there is Arcade UFO in Austin.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I know that. I'm not being serious. I won't be serious about ssf4 until I own a ps3 + a stick and I can actually practice. I might not even get serious then, cuz I also want to start learning guitar >.> Why does everything have to cost so much moneys?!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I know that. I'm not being serious. I won't be serious about ssf4 until I own a ps3 + a stick and I can actually practice. I might not even get serious then, cuz I also want to start learning guitar >.> Why does everything have to cost so much moneys?!
360's are cheaper and are quickly becoming the tournament standard.

I would say it's easier to learn at Arcade UFO. Plenty of players there to give you tips.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea. I can't wait for that and I also can't wait until I can afford to travel to OOS Melee tourneys. There are actually states still play Melee, believe it or not.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Let me be your hero

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?

I wanna play sum ssf4 *****s!!

edit: wow, you can't even type n!gga. whytf would that be censored?
Would you run, and never look back?

you're on the wrong website to be asking this question lol.

Try this:

http://shoryuken.com/f25/southwest-...zer-discussion-thread-updated-09-08-a-183678/

And there's a tournament coming up this Saturday in SA....

http://shoryuken.com/f7/ranbat-bi-w...ava-san-antonio-tx-august-28th-2010-a-245719/

And JF there is Arcade UFO in Austin.
Would you cry, if you saw me crying?

wrong thread
And would you save my soul, tonight?

yay 4 winning SCQ lol man i cant wait untill marvel 3 comes out >.>
Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?

mmmmmmm hmmmmm sounds fun
Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this

Me and Kyle went to one about 4-5 months ago. It was VERY fun and I remember about 15ish melee players. Highly recommend going cuz there fun people.
Now would you die, for the one you love?

if san antonio was closer, i'd be all for it.

also, xilobro, if you go to one of those, it'd be very difficult for me to miss it.
Hold me in your arms, tonight

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This is taken from the AnimeFEST "Back Room" thread. Yeah, I posted it, however I should bring it to the attention of every Texas Melee thread to discuss internally.

Okay, I thought about it and came up with this compromise as far as Melee goes. I realized that it was hypocritical to neccessarly call Melee a dead game, however the numbers have taken a sharp decline since Brawl came on the MLG circuit this year. Compare it to what Street Fighter IV did to Third Strike and what Marvel vs Capcom 3 will do to Marvel 2 once it comes out in March. The old will give way to the young as the saying goes.

However I run into a problem. I lack any Gamecube/Wii titles that will justify buying 8 ASUS monitors exclusively for 8 Wiis.

I am willing to add Melee to the tournament list(I have a memory card that I think has all of the characters unlocked so we don't need to worry about that), however the trade off is that I am unwilling to work the tournament into a Daytime schedule.

So your choice is this, either have the game at the convention to play it at night, or not have the game at all.

By night I mean that tournament start time will be about 11 PM, I think that will be one hour before the rave.

Other tournaments that will be during night time hours will be HDR, Marvel 2 Low Tier, a game mode of Medal of Honor, Halo Reach and duplicate tournaments of Super Street Fighter IV and others.

clnr

Smash Rookie
melee anyone?

im up for melee if anyones interested, i live in san antonio

Top Bottom