• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Furret24

Smash Master
Thank you!

So how is everyone this morning?
A huge argument about Daisy and Toad happened on the Bandana Dee thread. It was awful.

It's all blown over now though, so that's good.

How's your morning been?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
What did I miss this time? If it has something to do with the Reddit post, don't dwell on it, those guys are full of bias.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
A huge argument about Daisy and Toad happened on the Bandana Dee thread. It was awful.

It's all blown over now though, so that's good.

How's your morning been?
I just got back from lunch, I had bacon and it was delicious.

Anyways, have an unfinished picture of Daisy (and Toadette) that I'm working on, because everyone can use more Daisy pictures!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just got back from lunch, I had bacon and it was delicious.

Anyways, have an unfinished picture of Daisy (and Toadette) that I'm working on, because everyone can use more Daisy pictures!
You know, at this stage, the outlines remind me of the graphics in Kirby's Epic Yarn! :)

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I am sorry for starting that Daisy argument on the Banana Dee forums. I was trying to talk about Banana Dee but than someone mentioned how I like Daisy over Banana Dee. I know it wasn't right to reply back and start a giant argument but I made a mistake and I did anyway. I hope you guys can forgive me.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I am sorry for starting that Daisy argument on the Banana Dee forums. I was trying to talk about Banana Dee but than someone mentioned how I like Daisy over Banana Dee. I know it wasn't right to reply back and start a giant argument but I made a mistake and I did anyway. I hope you guys can forgive me.
No problem...forgiven.

But, tell me some of the things they said, even though I don't visit the thread myself. And Bandana Dee is just another cannon fodder enemy, if I'm not mistaken, right? But to tell you the truth, I'm not too hyped about Bandana Dee. I'd rather have Knuckle Joe.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
No problem...forgiven.

But, tell me some of the things they said, even though I don't visit the thread myself.
You didn't miss out on anything, honestly.

And Bandana Dee is just another cannon fodder enemy, if I'm not mistaken, right? But to tell you the truth, I'm not too hyped about Bandana Dee. I'd rather have Knuckle Joe.
You are very much mistaken, I'm afraid.

Knuckle Joe is the cannon-fodder enemy type, whereas Bandana Waddle Dee is one particular Waddle Dee who wears a bandana and later became Dedede's bodyguard. He's now the fourth protagonist in the Kirby series.

EDIT: Ironically, Bandana Waddle Dee gets hit with some of the same detractions as Daisy does. :laugh:

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
No problem...forgiven.

But, tell me some of the things they said, even though I don't visit the thread myself. And Bandana Dee is just another cannon fodder enemy, if I'm not mistaken, right? But to tell you the truth, I'm not too hyped about Bandana Dee. I'd rather have Knuckle Joe.
That's the same way I feel about him. Basically they said that Banana Dee and Toad are more important than Daisy because she's not in the main series games. Then they said that the only reason she's not in main series games is because "no one gives a **** about her" Then they made fun of her fans. Than the mods said that we should get back on topic and that's it.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
And Bandana Dee is just another cannon fodder enemy, if I'm not mistaken, right?
He's a little more than that, but only because he has a spear (And a different personality from other Waddle Dees).

Edit :4greninja:'d

That's the same way I feel about him. Basically they said that Banana Dee and Toad are more important than Daisy because she's not in the main series games.
Which is undeniable.

Then they said that the only reason she's not in main series games is because "no one gives a **** about her"
Many casuals probably don't, as it's easy to see her as "Annoying and outgoing Peach", similar to Bandana Dee, who is easy to see as "A goomba in a hat". This kind of thinking needs to be stopped.

Then they made fun of her fans.
I don't recall that ever happening.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
He's a little more than that, but only because he has a spear (And a different personality from other Waddle Dees).

Edit :4greninja:'d

Which is undeniable.

Many casuals probably don't, as it's easy to see her as "Annoying and outgoing Peach", similar to Bandana Dee, who is easy to see as "A goomba in a hat". This kind of thinking needs to be stopped.

I don't recall that ever happening.
Have yet to hear anything negative about Daisy here where I live though.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
You didn't miss out on anything, honestly.

You are very much mistaken, I'm afraid.

Knuckle Joe is the cannon-fodder enemy type, whereas Bandana Waddle Dee is one particular Waddle Dee who wears a bandana and later became Dedede's bodyguard. He's now the fourth protagonist in the Kirby series.

EDIT: Ironically, Bandana Waddle Dee gets hit with some of the same detractions as Daisy does. :laugh:
Ah, my bad...I didn't know too much about Bandana Dee, but thanks for shedding some light on the subject.
Then they made fun of her fans.
Made fun of us...? Since when do WE go out of OUR way to make fun of THEM, or ANYONE ELSE for that matter? That's just cruel, man...what it does is just shows how unprofessional the Bandana Dee fan base is. With that kinda stigma, you won't catch me dead supporting a fan base like that! Gamefaqs / Reddit / 4chan 2.0...that's what I think of 'em, now.

This is also another reason why I like the Daisy fan base, and makes me proud to be a Daisy fan. Even though she isn't important as a lot of characters are, we're still humble in a way about it. Yes we want better treatment for our princess, but even when it doesn't happen, we still celebrate her very existence through art, articles, etc.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ah, my bad...I didn't know too much about Bandana Dee, but thanks for shedding some light on the subject.
You're very welcome.

Made fun of us...? Since when do WE go out of OUR way to make fun of THEM, or ANYONE ELSE for that matter? That's just cruel, man...what it does is just shows how unprofessional the Bandana Dee fan base is. With that kinda stigma, you won't catch me dead supporting a fan base like that! Gamefaqs / Reddit / 4chan 2.0...that's what I think of 'em, now.

This is also another reason why I like the Daisy fan base, and makes me proud to be a Daisy fan. Even though she isn't important as a lot of characters are, we're still humble in a way about it. Yes we want better treatment for our princess, but even when it doesn't happen, we still celebrate her very existence through art, articles, etc.
Excuse me, may I point out that I myself am a Bandana Waddle Dee fan and supporter? Thankyou. Not everyone did those things.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
You're very welcome.

Excuse me, may I point out that I myself am a Bandana Waddle Dee fan and supporter? Thank you. Not everyone did those things.
Yeah I didn't mean everyone. You and Zero Soul actually respected my opinion and responded in a kind and professional way. But others were not as nice.

Furret24

Smash Master
That's the same way I feel about him. Basically they said that Banana Dee and Toad are more important than Daisy because she's not in the main series games. Then they said that the only reason she's not in main series games is because "no one gives a **** about her" Then they made fun of her fans. Than the mods said that we should get back on topic and that's it.
Nobody made fun of Daisy's fans . Please don't lie about this stuff.
Edit: Cut out stuff since it would be pointless to have.
Yeah I didn't mean everyone. You and Zero Soul actually respected my opinion and responded in a kind and professional way. But others were not as nice.
On behalf of the Bandana Dee support, I would like to say that we apologize for letting this whole thing get out of hand. :(

I think we should just let this go now though.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Excuse me, may I point out that I myself am a Bandana Waddle Dee fan and supporter? Thankyou. Not everyone did those things.
Oh, great...my blind rage side is coming out again...it happens, but it'll pass eventually...and I take back what I said about the fan base. I'm just tired of being made fun of, just because I like a fictional character. My argument was just directed towards THOSE particular individuals with the harsh words.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh, great...my blind rage side is coming out again...it happens, but it'll pass eventually...and I take back what I said about the fan base. I'm just tired of being made fun of, just because I like a fictional character. My argument was just directed towards THOSE particular individuals with the harsh words.
No worries. :)

I must say, I think the two fanbases have several things in common, honestly.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
You're cutting out quite a bit of the story there.

They claimed that Toad was more likely than Daisy because Toad has been a playable character in various main-series game and even had his own game last year. Daisy has only had one major appearance outside of spin-off titles and that was being a Peach clone. You also said that Bandana Dee (one of the staple Kirby characters) wasn't likely since he wasn't iconic. Being Iconic doesn't make you unlikely. Just look at characters like Lucas, Roy, Shulk, and Lucina. They got in, yet they aren't iconic.

Only one person said "nobody gives a **** about her". One person does not make up a fanbase. Nobody made fun of Daisy's fans BTW. Please don't lie about this stuff.

I think we should just let this go now though.
There were a lot of things people said, I just used an example. Also, I didn't mean everyone. Also, they basically made fun of us and our moveset ideas. "If Daisy is so cool and strong like her fans say, she would have another role" "All the Daisy movesets are lame" (Note: We were the ones who came up with the moveset ideas.) There's way more but I can't quote it all. Sorry if it sounded like I was generalizing your fanbase. There is a big majority who were rude. But not everyone.
EDIT: I agree let's let it go.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
There were a lot of things people said, I just used an example. Also, I didn't mean everyone. Also, they basically made fun of us and our moveset ideas. "If Daisy is so cool and strong like her fans say, she would have another role" "All the Daisy movesets are lame" (Note: We were the ones who came up with the moveset ideas.) There's way more but I can't quote it all. Sorry if it sounded like I was generalizing your fanbase. There is a big majority who were rude. But not everyone.
Only 1 person "made fun" of them, and he said that they felt uninspired (said person is a Daisy supporter).

Only 5 or so people (of the 12 or so people who frequent our forum) attempted to counter your claims. We're one of the biggest fanbases. :/

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Only 1 person "made fun" of them, and he said that they felt uninspired (said person is a Daisy supporter).

Only 5 or so people (of the 12 or so people who frequent our forum) attempted to counter your claims. We're one of the biggest fanbases. :/
Let's just forget about it.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Uh, I'm a Bandana Dee supporter, and I NEVER did that. Heck, I'm praying that they BOTH make it into Smash.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Uh, I'm a Bandana Dee supporter, and I NEVER did that. Heck, I'm praying that they BOTH make it into Smash.
I hope every Nintendo character makes it into Smash someday. Sure, it would be a total balancing nightmare, but wouldn't it be awesome if Sakurai announced that EVERYONE won the ballot and just added a bunch of characters to satisfy all of the fans.

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if it sounded like I was generalizing your fanbase. There is a big majority who were rude. But not everyone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope every Nintendo character makes it into Smash someday. Sure, it would be a total balancing nightmare, but wouldn't it be awesome if Sakurai announced that EVERYONE won the ballot and just added a bunch of characters to satisfy all of the fans.
The day when every Nintendo character is in Smash is the day we all would die. :laugh:

But it would be a great pipe dream to have all the characters with huge to median requests and the final set of All Stars for the roster.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Why must we fight about characters and fighting games? :(
You're right...these arguments are fruitless...so i'd say let's not keep you disappointed and drop this whole ordeal. If there were to be more arguing, it won't continue with me. Then again, no promises have been made.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Excuse me but uh I do not recall us insulting the fanbase. All we (or rather one person said) said was they said was the move ideas felt uninspired. You guys reallllly blew this out of proportion. On behalf of the BDee thread (even tho I'm not the leader) I apologize to those who were offended.

If anything like this ever happens again please don't reply let's just say our current BDee fanbase isn't the most mature group with the exception of a few.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Excuse me but uh I do not recall us insulting the fanbase. All we (or rather one person said) said was they said was the move ideas felt uninspired. You guys reallllly blew this out of proportion. On behalf of the BDee thread (even tho I'm not the leader) I apologize to those who were offended.

If anything like this ever happens again please don't reply let's just say our current BDee fanbase isn't the most mature group with the exception of a few.
Understood. I also apologize that I acted out of hand as well. Let's just bury the hatchet and continue our merry way. Best of luck!:)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Let's just forget it, last thing we need is another fiasco like the one in the RosaLuma thread, on other news, I read on one comment in the Peach Community, that in an interview on a gaming site, it said the EAD doesn't think that Sarasaland and Daisy fit in modern platformers, take it how you like, but think this is BS.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Let's just forget it, last thing we need is another fiasco like the one in the RosaLuma thread, on other news, I read on one comment in the Peach Community, that in an interview on a gaming site, it said the EAD doesn't think that Sarasaland and Daisy fit in modern platformers, take it how you like, but think this is BS.
Do you have a source for the interview, please?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe another of those fake "leaks" that fans fabricate like the one where Miyamoto supposedly said that Daisy would be in more platformers. Unless their source isn't from the deepest parts of their rectum, just take it as a grain of salt.

In other news, I've just found this gem on the YMMV page for Super Mario Maker's TV Tropes sub forum.

We might as well say that she's "the new Chrom" if this new Memetic Loser status is starting to grow. :troll:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Does that even make sense?

A character and a kingdom don't fit in modern platformers...that's like saying we shouldn't use candles because we have light bulbs, just because the way we have things now is more advanced or rather different doesn't mean something from the past doesn't fit in modern day society. Like am I misinterpreting this orrrr...that just doesn't make sense.

Besides "doesn't fit" is such a...vague word to detract from something, it could mean so many things.

And yes that was my best analogy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Do you have a source for the interview, please?
Maybe another of those fake "leaks" that fans fabricate like the one where Miyamoto supposedly said that Daisy would be in more platformers. Unless their source isn't from the deepest parts of their rectum, just take it as a grain of salt.

In other news, I've just found this gem on the YMMV page for Super Mario Maker's TV Tropes sub forum.

We might as well say that she's "the new Chrom" if this new Memetic Loser status is starting to grow. :troll:
Gamingreinvented.com apparently.

Top Bottom